User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's like wearing your seat belt in a car.

It's another layer of safety.

You don't always wreck, but when you do, the seat belt may save your life.

For example, meningitis kills very few healthy aged people a year. Yet my friend died from the bacterial type when we were in college. A simple cheap shot (his parents had good insurance) would have prevented him from dying.

You don't always die from the flu, but for example, I had a friend in school that caught the flu and then due to the flu she developed Type I diabetes.
View Quote
I didn't even discuss good or bad.  

I only discussed how relatively few people actually get the flu particularly in light of those who say they've had it several times or every year or somesuch.  I can't prove that they didn't-----but the numbers don't look good.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The virus that is in the shot is dead, You probably got the flu that was NOT included in the strain released in said such needle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First and last time I remember getting one was over 10 years ago.  I got sick as a result.  No thanks.
The virus that is in the shot is dead, You probably got the flu that was NOT included in the strain released in said such needle.
The injected serum does not contain live virus.  

The nasally inhaled variety, does potentially contain a live weakened virus.  

Getting the flu from a flu shot is just not possible.  Not these days.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I only discussed how relatively few people actually get the flu particularly in light of those who say they've had it several times or every year or somesuch.  I can't prove that they didn't-----but the numbers don't look good.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like wearing your seat belt in a car.

It's another layer of safety.

You don't always wreck, but when you do, the seat belt may save your life.

For example, meningitis kills very few healthy aged people a year. Yet my friend died from the bacterial type when we were in college. A simple cheap shot (his parents had good insurance) would have prevented him from dying.

You don't always die from the flu, but for example, I had a friend in school that caught the flu and then due to the flu she developed Type I diabetes.

I know what you mean.

I only caught influenza three times my whole life. It wasn't fun but it was nothing compared to catching the West Nile virus.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe we did it twice a couple weeks ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We did this a couple of weeks ago.
I believe we did it twice a couple weeks ago.

Yes, and like those times and every other time this topic has been discussed, individual anecdotes mean nothing.  The effects of vaccines on a population have to be analyzed as statistical data.  Decisions of individuals as to whether or not to get the vaccine IMO should be based on their own health conditions, risk tolerance, etc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I get one every year. Vaccines are great, I’ll take any I can get.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got one about a month ago. Felt like crap the next day but was told that was normal. Now I have autism.
View Quote
Sorry.....I laughed..
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've never had a flu shot and I worked face to face with the public, sharing pens with every Sneezy, Wheezy, and Coughy who came in, handling money, etc. for 12 years and I've never had the flu.  

My 3 kids have never had a flu shot and have been in public school for 11 years.  One of them got the flu once.  Had a headache and a fever for a couple of days, the rest of us never got it.  

I don't get the people who say/think they get the flu all the time.  Statistically it doesn't add up.  For this month, 25,777 specimens for *flu like illness* have been tested and only 596 (2.3%) have been positive for the flu.    

I just don't buy that everyone is running around catching the flu.  It's likely a once-in-a-lifetime deal for most people.  
View Quote
I had influenza as a small child and again in the military. Both times I was out of it for more than a week and thought I was going to die. Influenza sucks!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
We get our flu shots every year.  I worked in a hospital for years and the nurses came to the offices to give flu shots.  Woe to them who called off work with the flu who did not get their flu shots.  Pneumonia shot is a two part shot.  Got the first part last year and the second part last month.  Of course I got the Shingles shot , however I had an outbreak anyway.  They said it was probably the stress of herself getting a knee replacement.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Wife and I get ours every year. 4 years no flu... (knocking on wood)
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Get them.

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#11]
They asked me if I wanted a quad one. Thought it meant 4 strains but I think it meant my arm was 4 times more sore. After I looked up what it meant I was wrong on both counts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine and now Carlos Mencia makes fun of me....
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#13]
This guy that I used to know got the Guilluame-Barre (sp) sickness from a flu shot and just now came out of it 3 years later.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#14]
No flu shot needed. God gave me an immune system. Almost 15 years now since I became responsible for my own medical decisions and stopped getting the shots. I get sick maybe once every five years and its usually gone in a few days. Your killing your bodies natural ability to fight off these things by getting those shots. I'm not a medical professional however so this is simply my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Little kids get it, I usually don't
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No flu shot needed. God gave me an immune system. Almost 15 years now since I became responsible for my own medical decisions and stopped getting the shots. I get sick maybe once every five years and its usually gone in a few days. Your killing your bodies natural ability to fight off these things by getting those shots. I'm not a medical professional however so this is simply my opinion.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
So, homeschooled, eh?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've never got one before in my life gf keeps saying I should whats does Arfcom think of the flu shot?
View Quote

Used to never get them and never got the flu (well, haven't had the flu since I was a kid anyway).  Once I had kids I started getting the flu shot just in case for my kids.  Still haven't gotten the flu.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Get one very year. Tomorrow is my day.
View Quote
FPNI, get your fucking flu shot.

You absolutely don't want the flu.

And the flu won't be as bad if you do get it and you've had the shot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I get one every year during my fall physical.  Not my plan, the nurse usually ask and just say "Sure, why not".

Don't know if I every got the flu.  How does one know if they caught 'the flu' or it was just any number of other random illnesses?
View Quote
Were you so sick that it was nigh impossible for you to get INTO bed?

Were you sitting there one minute totally fine, and the next minute you're sicker than fuck? *THAT* is the flu.

A cold sucks, but you can still go to work. The Flu is so fuckign bad you wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

If you went to work while sick or could leave your house, you didn't have the flu.

I 100% guarantee that the ARFCOM/Shot retards telling you not to get one or that they got a flu shot and then got the flu are totally fucking full of shit and had a cold instead and just thought they had the flu.

The Flu is no joke. I got it once (A few years ago the vaccine totally missed the strain that went around here) and it would have killed a lesser man.

Get your flu shot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you for the stupidest fucking post I've ever read.

Jesus Fucking Christ, and I say that as a Jew, everyone who might accidentally read your logic bomb there is less intelligent afterwards.

When was the last tiem you HEARD of someone catching Polio?
Smallpox?
Measels?
Rubella?
Hepatitis A/B?
Typhoid?
Tetanus?
Rabies?

Seriously, that is how stupid you genuinely are if you actually believe what you posted.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I did flu shots twice. Caught flu both times.

I've not received a flu shot in 15 years after and I've only caught it twice in that span.  I forgo them.
View Quote
Same here..... I have only had the flu twice. Both times after shots. Within 24 hours I felt awful.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#23]
These threads alway reveal the people who have never had influence and do not know the difference between the common cold virus and influenza.

Did you expect to die? Did you have any concept of time?
Did you know if you had slept an hour or 20 hours? were you able to walk farther than the bathroom without being exhausted? if the answer to any of those is yes, you didn't have the flu.

The flu killed 20-50 million people. That general unwell feeling you got for a couple days after a shot was not the flu.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Only suckers and manlets get the flu shot and/or the flu.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Influenza killed more people than WW1
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#26]
the flu shot is a good idea. it fights off infections that your immune system otherwise can't. it's virally similar particles - these particles are similar enough that your immune system can 'train' itself on by recognizing them. but they are insufficiently similarly to cause a full infection.

this is why other viruses - herpes, aids, etc all are incurable. they overwhelm the immune system.

or you don't mind sucking metal. not a euphemism. zinc can retard or eliminate the spread of the flu. i don't get the vaccine. i get the flu every year right after my coworkers get it. their flu lasts 3 to 5 days. mine last 3 to 5 hours. mine involves a mildly sore throat, theirs involves being in bed all day every day for the duration. generally, i'll get the flu around breakfast and eat a few lozenges and be 100% by lunch. then hit the gym after work. i haven't missed work due to illness in 15 years or so.
picking up lozenges when i'm at walmart and eating lozenges at work is simply less time investment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#27]
In after the antivaxxer retards.

I got the flu from muh flu shot hurrrrr

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Were you so sick that it was nigh impossible for you to get INTO bed?

Were you sitting there one minute totally fine, and the next minute you're sicker than fuck? *THAT* is the flu.

A cold sucks, but you can still go to work. The Flu is so fuckign bad you wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

If you went to work while sick or could leave your house, you didn't have the flu.

I 100% guarantee that the ARFCOM/Shot retards telling you not to get one or that they got a flu shot and then got the flu are totally fucking full of shit and had a cold instead and just thought they had the flu.

The Flu is no joke. I got it once (A few years ago the vaccine totally missed the strain that went around here) and it would have killed a lesser man.

Get your flu shot.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The flu isn't always severe y'all.  Different strains and how each person handles it can make for disparate experiences.  

My kid had it and she had a headache and fever for a few days.  She didn't think she was going to die, she still functioned although she preferred to laze on the couch (not that different from every other day ).  

It was definitely the flu.  She tested positive.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Got the flu bad........about 15 years ago.  Hurt all over for 10 days. I felt like I'd been in a car wreck.  The sickest I've ever been.

NEVER again.  I've gotten a shot every year since and flu b gone!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Interesting observation 1

Administered more than 90 flu vaccinations and around 30 pneumonia vaccinations over a one week period. No one complained about getting sick, there was only one reported/recorded increased temperature and that was still under 99 degrees F for less than 12 hours. No complaints of sore arms. No one requested pain or flu relief medication. Only one reported/recorded slight redness at injection site without swelling or heat.

It seems like it was non-eventful.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Influenza killed more people than WW1
View Quote
Between the flu and auto accidents back then it's a miracle anyone survived
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, you're (note the spelling) not.

Gee, I never would have guessed.

Your opinion is wrong.

I really hope this doesn't turn into an antivax thread.  I respect everyone's right to make his own decision whether to get vaccinated, but posting bullshit like this about vaccinations needs to stop.  You're endangering people's health.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Got mine today
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Never have, never will.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#36]
These threads always out the vaccine enthusiasts...  

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/9n828.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, those nutty vaccine enthusiasts who enjoy being free from serious injury or death caused by preventable illnesses

Pull your head out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The last time I got the shot, I got the flu.  I stopped getting it, and haven't gotten the flu in years.

I may be a statistical anomaly, but I'm going with skipping it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah, those nutty vaccine enthusiasts who enjoy being free from serious injury or death caused by preventable illnesses

Pull your head out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/9n828.jpg

Pull your head out.
Oh bless your little heart
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Uncle Sam says I have to get one every year.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We did this a couple of weeks ago.
View Quote
Yes. Yes we did.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#42]
FFS
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left