User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Fired for being 'undiplomatic'

A/O

The department is concerned about the physical readiness of it's officers. Therefore

[solution here]

Thank you, and good day

- Chief

Personally, I'm suprised he didn't just come up with a policy that makes his cops take a PT test of some sort as part of their evaluation...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No they meet standards or they dont, they can stay in shape and do PT in their own time.  If standards are outlined before the person is hired, and they agree, there would be little grounds for a law suit.

Contractural issue.

Still costs money to pay officers to do their PT tests.

It adds up quick, since most would be on OT, with scorers, who also might be on OT.

Not to mention paying people to re-test.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope he was able to get his dog in the Witness Protection Program before he was canned.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder what happened to the Chief that HE replaced? Did the department get away with "murder" all the time? Did he come in to the Chief position and actaully do his job? I bet there is MUCH more to this story

See 556's post about half a page up.

He says 14 officer short, no hiring process to find replacements.

Misconduct issues, and criminal acts.

Meanwhile Lt Commander Queeg is writing memo's about physical fitness.

Sounds like he was doing a bang up job, if ignoring the real problems and making up problem is what the job entails.

If all of that is true. Jelly bellies is the least of his issues.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:
The better way to do it, is to make rules in the organization for the 90/95% of the employees that don't cause problems, and deal with the troublemakers directly - individually.  

If you call these "Jelly Belly's"  individually, then they would have claimed discrimination.  I applied for one of the Department here in Miami in 1978.  Back then they had standards.  Had to be a certain height, weight proportionate to height, certain eyesight, etc.  Now it's obvious all that has changed.  Some of the dudes in the department are beyond embarrassing-  Obese doesn't even begin to describe it.  If some of these fatties had to run a block, they'd die.

I think that Chief should have been commended for his memo-  The weight issue is or should be a liability to the department, and at the very least, if the advise were heeded, Risk Management would have appreciated it.

Too much Political Correctness.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
That sounds like a Police Cheif that did not have his head up his ass, maybe if he got his officers fit then they wouldn't get there asses stomped when they went hands on and maybe the health insurance rates for his department will go down.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The better way to do it, is to make rules in the organization for the 90/95% of the employees that don't cause problems, and deal with the troublemakers directly - individually.  

If you call these "Jelly Belly's"  individually, then they would have claimed discrimination.  I applied for one of the Department here in Miami in 1978.  Back then they had standards.  Had to be a certain height, weight proportionate to height, certain eyesight, etc.  Now it's obvious all that has changed.  Some of the dudes in the department are beyond embarrassing-  Obese doesn't even begin to describe it.  If some of these fatties had to run a block, they'd die.

I think that Chief should have been commended for his memo-  The weight issue is or should be a liability to the department, and at the very least, if the advise were heeded, Risk Management would have appreciated it.

Too much Political Correctness.

Read the bottom half of the story. He had other issues.

Read what 556mm posted, he had way more serious issues than weight.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you should see the fat fucks at the Franklin County Sheriff's Dept here in Columbus, Oh. How the hell can they chase down a suspect without getting a cornary

The community college I go to has corrections officer training with the Cook County Sheriff's Office here in IL, the recruits are quite fit but the people that are running the classes
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top