Was that for 2 people?

I go out to Taco Cabana with my wife and 2 kids
For $16.00 we get
Whole chicken
10 tortillas
All you can eat salsa
Big bowl of rice
Big bowl of beans

We eat about 3/4 of the meal and we are stuffed.  Rest is lunch for next day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
When they first came to Richmond I thought their prices were reasonable for what you got.  Now, their prices are pretty high.   It's still faster and more convenient than going to a sit-down restaurant for a burger, but I'm not sure it's as worth it anymore.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Sidebar, but I don't even mind paying for food any more. I love me some ice tea, but several retauruants are chargin $2.69-$2.99 for a fucking drink! Are you shitting me! $7 for a sandwich and fries and $3 for a glass of water with a tea bag in it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you look at it as Fast Food, then yes its expensive, if you look at it as being a resturaunt.  Its not too bad.  

I think of it as fast food and its a bit too pricey in my book.  but we have a local butcher shop here who does damn good bison burgers that puts 5 guys to shame for cheaper.  

eta: but they do give you a Metric shit ton of fries.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I ate there on Wednesday. Got a bacon cheeseburger with pickles, lettuce, jalapenos, bbq sauce, and grilled oninons. I got a water to drink (free) and a large fry. I spent about $12.00
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My daughter and I went to Applebees today and had the lunch special burgers & baked potatoes with 2 drinks...we came in at $20 + tip.

For $20, I'd rather go there.

You could not pay me to eat at applebees. They must be good in Ohio, but down here in Mississippi we don't have much luck. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#7]
2 little burgets and a large fry  wtf are they made out of gold?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is a tip, never order the large fries at Five Guys. If you order the regular sized fries, they put some fries in a little cup and then fill the brown bag up with fries anyway. It is like ordering the large drink at a place that has free refills. There is no point.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
2 little burgets and a large fry  wtf are they made out of gold?

Capitalism, how does it work?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My daughter and I went to Applebees today and had the lunch special burgers & baked potatoes with 2 drinks...we came in at $20 + tip.

For $20, I'd rather go there.

You could not pay me to eat at applebees. They must be good in Ohio, but down here in Mississippi we don't have much luck. YMMV

Our local one is very good, clean, fast, the food has been excellent. It's the only one I've ever been to tho so I don't know.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Burgers and fries good, but not worth what they are chargin. They could easily knock a buck off each burger and make a real killin.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
We dont have them around here and I would like to try them based on ARFCOM's opinion.  20 bucks does sound a bit pricey for 2 burgers and fries though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I tried the Five Guys place here in Longmont... once.

I would never go there again.  The burger was bland, overpriced and the toppings..... well, I couldn't tell them apart.  Everything tasted the same... kind of like old ass.

I dont eat fries, so maybe they do have good fries, but their burgers sucked hind dick.

Now I go to Smashburger for a good burger and they have fried pickles as well.  So Five guys can go pound sand

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Was that for 2 people?

I go out to Taco Cabana with my wife and 2 kids

For $16.00 we get

Whole chicken

10 tortillas

All you can eat salsa

Big bowl of rice

Big bowl of beans

We eat about 3/4 of the meal and we are stuffed. Rest is lunch for next day.

Yeah, well we don't have those up here!!

We do have the all-you-can-eat cheese buffets...they are free to residents only though.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top