BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a collector's item.
Given to me by the man who performed my wedding ceremony....

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p2ee51d4463985cf29bff74d963163898/fd7c51f6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pe48ab7c251763c328cc722346b8bc395/fd7c5118.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
You can rent humidor space at most cigar shops, I find this much cheaper than what it costs for a good humidor, so unless you live in the sticks .....
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Roger, no cigar shops anywhere close, very similar to Sticksville.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks, 223.  One more question, how much do you need to spend on a decent humidor?  I am assuming one must get a model with hygrometer and humidifier?
View Quote

Once again, [;)] you can find a good 100 (corona) count humidor for under a hundred bucks at [url]www.cigarbid.com[/url] or you can just make a coolerador or tupperador yourself for really cheap.  

Get some tupperware or a cooler and some floral sponge, the kind used for fresh flowers, and some distilled water and some propylene glycol. Put the sponge in a small tuperware containter with holes in the top.  Soak the sponge with solution of 50% pg and 50% distilled water.  Place in your tupperware or cooler and you have a decent setup for cheap.  You can get a hygrometer but you have to calibrate it and the PG solution will keep you right around 70%.  For more info check the message boards at [url]www.cigargroup.com[/url] .

BTW- I have smoked several cubans here and overseas, and other than good strength, I don't think they taste as well as a good nicaraguan or strong dominican.  Eh, to each his own.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I am by no means an expert.

But from the many I've sampled, Arturo Fuente's (sp?) are by far hands down the best.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
1. Bolivars
2. Hoyo de Montereys

The Cuban ones are even BETTER!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I usually just go for the Macanudos.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Monticristo No.1
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Drew Estates Has some interesting smokes out.
I seem to be finding myself sipping either a "Cold Infusion Tea" from their Acid line or a "Mother Nature" from their Ambrosia label
The "Clean Robusto" from their natural line is also a tasty smoke.

For you folks that like the Lars Tetans, I have found that Acid is equal in quality and flavor but a much better value.

CAO Gold is also a stick I would recommend, very smooth.

Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#10]
While in Europe; I tried several Cuban’s, but by far the best was a Trinidad.  Magnificent!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm very partial to the Cuban Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion #3 and 4.  For non-Cuban, I like La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro, Punch Punch, Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto.  There are more.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#12]
AVO Cigars. . . the ones with the purple ring. Smooth, creamy and a nice bit of mild spice. Well worth a try!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Just finished sampling 7 longsdale cigars this past week[:X*] and here's my take and score from 1 to 10 :

Punch(M): 4 Medium to heavy, real ashy taste, could be just that cigar though
Creme De Jamaica(N): 8 Not bad at all, very smooth and mild, similiar to the Macanudo
Macanudo(N): 10 Almost put this one on a roachclip, did not ant to put it down
Hoyo de M. Excalibur(M): 7 Little heavier than the Ashton, but nice(could have been the daquiries)
Ashton(M): 8 Very mild for a Maduro wrapper, sweet taste
Gloria Cubana(N): 6 Did not burn evenly, fought more than smoked, still mild though
Partagas(N): 7  Heavy for a natural wrapper, hottest day of the week, could influence taste

223REM
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
My suggestion would be to go with the [url=http://www.bighumidor.com/categories/Cigar_Lovers_Diary/]Cigar Lovers Diary[/url] and see what you like from there. All in all its a good selection from Henry Clay, Montecristo, Don Diego Reserve, Por Larranaga, Romeo y Julieta, Onyx Reserve and H. Upmann. Keeping a log of what you smoke is a good way to see what you like without investing a lot of time. Just a quick note on what, when, where, positive and negative notes will give you a good record.

Personal favorites are Romeo y Julieta Medallas de Oro and AVO. Remember though, its all personal preference. Ive had some expensive, high rated cigars that I thought were worse than a Thompson's house brand... Its all your choice.

Jonathan
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top