Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
sorry for your loss sir.  It's amazing how much happiness these little buggers (cats & dogs) bring to us within the short amount of time we get to spend with them

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Condolences to both of you...

If there is a cat of Arfcom, it's the Maine Coon. That's for sure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#4]
RIP
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Scrunchy, Boo, Angel, and Buddy the Wonder Dag all send their condolences
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]

RIP, kitteh.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry to hear it.  Good looking kitteh by the way.

He was a rescue cat of all things.  The local cat ladies had gotten a preggers MC and had the kittens at the pet store for adoption right before Christmas.  That crazy cat lady knew she had feline gold (lots of people asking) and turned into the toughest adoption critic I've ever seen.  Wanted pictures of the house, character references, a VETRENARIAN reference and had, get this, an interview requirement.  

I ended up missing my interview appointment with the CCL because my folks sheep had broken through the ice on the pond, gone out to the island, and gotten stuck out there while my folks were out of town.  I showed up late for the interview with a blanket wrapped around me and explained that I'd had to wade out through the mud and water, breaking ice ahead of me, and bring em back.  I think that was what got me my cat.  :-)  The funny part was that he looked just like he does in the pic, only he would fit in your hand.  Mom tried for years to steal him, and he finally went to live out at the farm with them when I moved onto the boat.

After grieving .. Stop messing around

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
My cat is my best friend. I hope this helps....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....  

Author unknown...

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry to hear of your loss,hope you had a good memoral service.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I lost my pain in the ass shoulder riding toe sniper in may.. it still fucking hurts.

No MC but the last two are going to be it for a good long while.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I know how you feel. We lost Zany after 16 years. She was sweet and never a bad girl.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was a rescue cat of all things.  The local cat ladies had gotten a preggers MC and had the kittens at the pet store for adoption right before Christmas.  That crazy cat lady knew she had feline gold (lots of people asking) and turned into the toughest adoption critic I've ever seen.  Wanted pictures of the house, character references, a VETRENARIAN reference and had, get this, an interview requirement.  

I ended up missing my interview appointment with the CCL because my folks sheep had broken through the ice on the pond, gone out to the island, and gotten stuck out there while my folks were out of town.  I showed up late for the interview with a blanket wrapped around me and explained that I'd had to wade out through the mud and water, breaking ice ahead of me, and bring em back.  I think that was what got me my cat.  :-)  The funny part was that he looked just like he does in the pic, only he would fit in your hand.  Mom tried for years to steal him, and he finally went to live out at the farm with them when I moved onto the boat.

http://photos.petfinder.com/photos/US/VA/VA96/24632187/VA96.24632187-1-pn.jpg

Wish he was closer.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
sorry to hear of your loss,hope you had a good memoral service.  

We'll throw in an extra roast critter for him on Thursday.  Jabba the Cat always liked Thanksgiving, and would stuff himself into a three foot long hair covered sausage and make like a throw blanket by draping himself along the back of the sofa like it was a tree branch.  The dogs would all think he was comatose,but he was just setting up an overhead ambush.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://photos.petfinder.com/photos/US/VA/VA96/24632187/VA96.24632187-1-pn.jpg

Wish he was closer.

I can't adopt a pet right now, living on a boat and travelling a lot, but I'll send out that link to my Mom.  She and Dad are still missing my sister's Lab that died a month ago, and they might be able to do something.  Fingers Crossed...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#15]
RIP EL Gato

My you lay in a bed of Catnip for eternity
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry.
Snip
Wish he was closer.

I just picked one in VA.  Save one close from the Ovens. New Love helps old loss.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Great looking Maine Coon- there's some fire in those eyes.  The more it hurts the better is was.  I bet he could dish it out.

There is nothing meaningful I can say to make to you feel any better- time will help with that (and only so much).

What I will say right now is, would you rather have never had him and not be hurt?

You are richer from him having you as staff.  "El Gato Loco"- I love it!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm so sorry to hear that.  

I LOVE Maine Coons.  I've got my 20 year-old Maine Coon laying right next to me on my desk as I type this. Her time will probably be up soon as well.

You sir are a lucky man.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rest in peace, kitties.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry for your loss.

My Norwegian Forest Cat is 16.

Not his pic but he looks the same.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Great looking Maine Coon- there's some fire in those eyes.  The more it hurts the better is was.  I bet he could dish it out.

There is nothing meaningful I can say to make to you feel any better- time will help with that (and only so much).

What I will say right now is, would you rather have never had him and not be hurt?

You are richer from him having you as staff.  "El Gato Loco"- I love it!

You got the eyes right.  You could always tell when somebody was about to bleed.  

In fairness, the last few years, he mellowed out a lot with people.  I think his metabolism was slowing down so he spent a lot of time on his human heating pads.  Somehow I suspect for all my Dad's cussing about "that goddamned cat"  he'll miss Misha as much as anyone.  As he started fading with the cancer, I was amazed how much they let him get away with.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss.

My Norwegian Forest Cat is 16.

Not his pic but he looks the same.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Norwegian_Forest_Cat_01.png

Not a hundred percent sure but I think Misha had some NFC blood as well as the MC.  They're pretty close in temperament.  Good lookin cats too.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry for your loss OP.

We had to put down our MC in Oct of 2010. I miss the little (acutally big) shit always head butting me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Good thread title.

Condolences on your kitty, but at least it sounds like he lived a good life.  Looked to be a handsome fella too
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My Maine Coon, Misha, AKA Fuzzbutt, AKA El Gato Loco, is no more.  He will be missed, by everyone except the dogs, whom he terrorized until the day he died.    
He had a good run of it.  
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/283216_10150242752946078_6424774_n.jpg
such a pretty boy!!

Can I ask how he died??  

I do know that cardiomyopathy in Maine Coons is higher and it is progressive.    I had a 2 year old siamese who was pure-bred who died of that horrid ailment, did not know he had it and when the vet got in for the necropsy his heart was huge with really thick walls.........

Sorry for your loss!!  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#28]
 Sorry man.  I have one pushing 16 and I know it's not far off.  Found him while making rounds on our yard at work and he would run out from under a rig and ride on my boot till I went back in the office.  Said to myself if he was still around after work, I'd take the idiot home.  16 years later and I still haven't been able to tie my shoes in peace.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#29]
So sorry for your loss.

My Japanese Bobtail, Lucy, is almost 13. Dreading the day . . .

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Killer, Worthless, and I are sorry for your loss.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:01:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm a cat person, too. Maine Coons are really nice cats.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Cats have a way of working their way into your heart. When they pass away, it leaves a cat shaped hole in your heart.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Maine Coon, Misha, AKA Fuzzbutt, AKA El Gato Loco, is no more.  He will be missed, by everyone except the dogs, whom he terrorized until the day he died.    
He had a good run of it.  
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/283216_10150242752946078_6424774_n.jpg
such a pretty boy!!

Can I ask how he died??  

I do know that cardiomyopathy in Maine Coons is higher and it is progressive.    I had a 2 year old siamese who was pure-bred who died of that horrid ailment, did not know he had it and when the vet got in for the necropsy his heart was huge with really thick walls.........

Sorry for your loss!!  

Lymphoma.  We found out about it about a year ago when he started losing weight.  Doc gave him 6 months and said if he started suffering to bring him in.  He lost a lot of weight but kept eating tons and seemed in good spirits up to the end.  Not sure what the mechanism of death was, but he started breathing faster the night he died, and then took off and disappeared like cats do.  Had to use the dogs to find his butt cause he'd crawled back behind some stuff under the bed to check out.  Apparently cats like privacy for that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had to put my Main Coon, Arthur, down today.  He was around 11 years old.  It is really tearing my 5 year old daughter up ( and me too).  A lot of people don't understand how great MC are.  He was like a dog and unbelievably good with my 5 year old and 2 year old.  Sorry for you loss, I know what you are going through.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/docsprague/HPIM0580.jpg

Goodspeed Arthur...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top