Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Done and done, and made a donation to GOA
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
HappyLife_NoWife:

I'm at the state capitol but none of the offices are open to speak to my elected representatives.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
emails sent
membership in GOA upped to patriot.

we need an open carry law, not that I care about walking around with a pistol on my hip but that one that will allow the carrying of a weapon in my vehicle loaded and in plain sight and fully loaded
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh and Thank you for all you do for gun owners and Floridians
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's what I'm going to write:

SB 186
SB 330
SB 370
SB 372
SB 428
SB 294
HB 167
HB 25
SB 672
HB 6033

Are all tyrannical attacks on the fundamental liberties of law-abiding Florida gun owners.

"The Right of The People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed."

Any member of the Florida legislature for whom I have the right to vote, and who votes in favor of ANY of this onerous legislation making it out of committee, or worse, voting for the Bill to become Law, will not get my vote.  In addition, I will share the results of your decision with every freedom-loving Floridian I can reach, in person or via social media, encouraging them to share that information with their circle, and vote for another candidate.

I will do whatever is legally in my power not to allow Florida to become another tyrannical state like NY, CA, IL, NJ, MA, and recently, the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I ask that you do the same, for the good of the State and our nation, whose Constitutions you swore to uphold and defend.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck them, Florida is a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State, no LEO will enforce their UN-Constitutional laws!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Done, thanks for the heads up guys
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Crazy Cat Lady of the NRA will certainly help us, right!?
View Quote

NRA is going to be too busy with their bankruptcy and trying not to be put in jail for fraud and/or being declared a domestic terror and white supremacist organization.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I do appreciate you continuing to help, and broadcast this stuff.

But- you know better than most, 87 people will show up to protest
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Welcome to California.

Good luck Floridians.
View Quote

Nothing to worry about.

Every year the filthy Democrats introduce all kinds of stupid bills.  Just like they do in other states.  We have a Republican legislature and governor.  Those bills aren't going anywhere.  They won't even get of committee no less make it to the floor to be voted on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nothing to worry about.

Every year the filthy Democrats introduce all kinds of stupid bills.  Just like they do in other states.  We have a Republican legislature and governor.  Those bills aren't going anywhere.  They won't even get of committee no less make it to the floor to be voted on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to California.

Good luck Floridians.

Nothing to worry about.

While that is mostly true, we still have to keep up the pressure to counter the pressure they get from the Anti-gunners. If we let up, they may start to slip and the we are screwed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Done and got my BIL to hit both as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the party pal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
“Move to a free state” so the new englander’s Did.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Our reps took a way our bumpstockcs, gave us red flag laws and made it to where you have to be 21 to buy a long gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't FL have a Rep legislature?  WTF?

Keep up the fight, MiamiJBT.

Our reps took a way our bumpstockcs, gave us red flag laws and made it to where you have to be 21 to buy a long gun.

Attachment Attached File

Went thru the same thing in ny when we elected a pro gun Governor-pushed for and signed the state AWB.  

Any Republican that pushes gun control should be voted out,and that includes the ones in Florida that passed the bullshit that scott signed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#20]
After a long day of work, I’m checking my emails and got this B.S. thinly veiled reply from Representative Andrew Learned, District 59.  I’d like to craft a witty reply but I know it would be a waste of time.  Love how he says he wants to keep “weapons of war” out of his kids’ school and also flag-waving his military service.  Guess he forgot about our Constitution.

Hey 9mmCarbine,

Thanks for the note. I used to carry an M-4 rifle and a 9mm pistol when I was deployed overseas combating Somali Piracy. I believe strongly that I best support the 2nd Amendment by calling for common-sense gun safety measures like keeping weapons of war out of my twins' school.

I look forward to continuing this important work going forward and continued conversations ahead.

-Andrew
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Done. Thank you Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Signed and pitched in a few bucks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Don’t let FL go down like VA did. Fight!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Done and sent some cash to GOA.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck them, Florida is a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State, no LEO will enforce their UN-Constitutional laws!
View Quote

Yeah, sure, ask the thousands who have been red flagged how that's working for them.  

Before China flu, my wife and I were at Tally for a meet up, set up by Florida Carry, for lobby day to counter mommies demand action(Miami JBT was there for this). It was said a few times by legislators that they consistently hear for the other side, and we need to get more people to communicate with/to them to get our voices heard.

So we must keep up the pressure. Write, call, email, text, or all the above, and not just your legislators, but as many as you have time to send something to.

P.S.
        I know the post from @insider is probably sarcasm, but I wanted to make the point anyway.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Never underestimate the RINO's in the legislature, Little Marco or Voldemort.

Marco couldn't manage his own checkbook before he was the FL House Speaker. Voldemort lucked out by running against Skeletor Nelson.

FL native here. Can't wait to GTFO of here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Contact your Representative and Senator. Also contact the House Speaker and Senate President.

GunGrabbers are Treating the Constitution Like Used Toilet Paper

As of the date this is being written, at least eleven, that's right, ELEVEN, anti-gun bills have been introduced in the Florida House and Senate.

It is time to tell your Representative and Senator that you're fully against these bills and that they need to vote against them in committee and block them from ever reaching the floor for a full vote.  

Urge these leaders to refuse to assign anti-gun bills to committee and to ensure that these bills never get a floor vote.  

The Assault on Your Rights

SB 186 is a radical gun confiscation scheme goes far beyond the (Federal) Lautenberg Amendment on Domestic Violence. It does so by making so called "Red Flag" gun confiscation Laws even worse by allowing more frivolous claims to be filed against an innocent person. SB 186 denies people their Fourth Amendment rights and Second Amendment rights, all in one bill.  

SB 330 is a bill that makes selling, giving or loaning a firearm to a friend, neighbor or family member without FDLE approval a criminal offense. We call it a "sell a gun to a friend and go to jail" bill.

SB 370 is a semi-automatic firearm and magazine ban bill, similar to the Clinton/Biden/Schumer gun ban in effect from 1994  2004. However, there is no sunset clause, and you can't transfer ownership of the pre-banned items since they must be registered to you. Of course, you know that registration leads to eventual confiscation.  

SB 372 is a ban on homemade firearms and parts and 80% receivers  and even goes so far to target 3D printing.  

SB 428, SB 294, and HB 167 are mandatory storage bills that require firearms to be locked up in your house, making self-defense in the event of a home invasion close to impossible. They are trying to institute a similar law that was in place in our Nation's Capital prior to DC v. Heller.  

HB 25 requires a background check for ammunition sales and will most certainly end the online and mail order sale of ammunition  and could possibly drive-up prices locally due to the increased workload on local dealers. In an attempt to trick uninformed gun owners into mistakenly supporting HB 25, they have also introduced HB 27 making background check records exempt from "online sunshine" public records requests.

SB 672 and HB 6033 repeal the states preemption laws that forbid any municipality from passing their own gun control laws. That means that if this bill passes, there would be a patch work of laws that ban firearms and magazines across the state.

https://gunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Front_Facade_full-3.jpeg

As a Second Amendment Activist, here's what you can do!

GOA will be fighting all of these bills, but we need your help. In order for me to be effective at the capitol, I need you to contact your representative and senator so they know that GOA is backed by tens of thousands of gun owners.  

Remember folks, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be loud, be proud, and be ACTIVE.

So contact your Representative and Senator using the form above, and demand that they every single one of the bills mentioned above.

And if you have time, please urge the House Speaker and Senate President and give 'em a good piece of your mind and demand that they block any legislation that attacks your Constitutional Rights.
View Quote

When I die all my evil rifles and ammo will just disappear into the abyss.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks, signed and joined GOA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Signed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How can those of us not in FL help out?
View Quote

Join GOA and pitch in a few bucks. Best of all GOA isn’t limited to Florida.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Not from Florida, but good luck- given the Texas lawsuit to the SCOTUS I do not expect much.  Want me to mail email and call though I will with relevant numbers and stuff updated.  Fuck ima be treated like a damn foreigner in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:54:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@ztug, Senate President Wilton Simpson wrote the gun control that was passed in 2018 after Parkland. Simpson was elected by the Senate to be the Senate President. That should send you a message. Our two Senators in Congress back gun control. Marco Rubio pushed his own bill and Rick Scott signed Simpson's bill into law when he was Governor. In 2018, it was a GOP Supermajority that bum rushed gun control in a two week period, yet year after year they dragged and stalled on anything pro-gun.
View Quote

I hope y'all have a game plan for the shit-show come mid-terms when Trump's dumbfuck daughter decides to primary Rubio.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks Miami for the heads up. Done and Done!

Also made a donation to GOA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Holy hell bro! That freaks me out!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:05:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

While that is mostly true, we still have to keep up the pressure to counter the pressure they get from the Anti-gunners. If we let up, they may start to slip and the we are screwed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to California.
Good luck Floridians.

Nothing to worry about.

This.
Don't let up no matter who the legislature is. A republican legislature and governor is no guarantee. (see state)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Here we go again...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Sadly this is the price you pay for transplants from the Northeast and unfettered immigration. Virginia has the same problem.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a dream that the SCOTUS will rule semi auto guns are in common use and therefore legal and so are large capacity magazines and so is ammo for all those guns.

It is a wonderful dream but I sometimes think I am Q tard for even dreaming of a dream like this..........
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a dream that the SCOTUS will rule semi auto guns are in common use and therefore legal and so are large capacity magazines and so is ammo for all those guns.

It is a wonderful dream but I sometimes think I am Q tard for even dreaming of a dream like this..........
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Introducing a bill doesn't mean jackshit in Florida.  We get that crap every year from the Democrats.  Those bills never amounts to a hill of beans.

I suspect the same thing thing happens in most other states.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the links! I try to follow up with a personal email but hitting those links makes sure I get my opinion out no matter what!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#48]
renewed, donated, sent!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You are aware that it was a GOP Supermajority that passed gun control in 2018 right? Sen. Simpson, the current Senate President is the guy that authored the bill in 2018. Red Flag Laws are bad and Simpson likes 'em. @PCB66

The reason why PRO GUN LEGISLATION never passes is because the pressure isn't put on the GOP. By outright fighting the anti gun stuff, that helps shape the political landscape to show lawmakers that gun owners care and are active.
View Quote

I understand that those RINOs sold us out after Parkland but what they did then is a far cry from what is included in these bills.

However, at the end of the day we can never trust any politician, can we?  

The tourist lobby owns all the politicians of both parties. That is why we don't have open carry.   If they decide to shell out the money to buy the votes to make the state "safer" for the tourist assholes then all bets are off.

I wonder if these ARFCOMERs that flood down here to Florida for their stupid vacations at McMouse World or wherever understand that they are contributing to the filthy tourist lobby that keeps us from having open carry and more  gun friendly laws?  Probably not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@ztug, Senate President Wilton Simpson wrote the gun control that was passed in 2018 after Parkland. Simpson was elected by the Senate to be the Senate President. That should send you a message. Our two Senators in Congress back gun control. Marco Rubio pushed his own bill and Rick Scott signed Simpson's bill into law when he was Governor. In 2018, it was a GOP Supermajority that bum rushed gun control in a two week period, yet year after year they dragged and stalled on anything pro-gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of our state Republican politicians are certainly not our friends, but we do have a republican Governor, two senators, and the majority of our state house is Republican. And even as Pennsylvania and Georgia went blue this time we still went red. Even though we didn't a couple of Elections ago when Obama was running.
Yes a lot of New Yorkers are moving here, but if it if you look at the map of New York State there are plenty of Republicans, I'd say most of them that are coming down  to get away from Cuomo Etc.

Well as a wise man once said......""No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session."
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top