[#1]
Quoted:
When you have immunity, no big deal if you're wrong

"Go ahead. Sue Me."
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the homeowner wasn't doing anything wrong so he's got nothing to worry about.
Right?
Right guys?!?!?

The homeowner was raided by the FBI.  So they obviously had some something.

The fed's don't just raid folks unless they have a good reason.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing that shocks is that no dogs were shot, kittahs weren't stomped, and no pregnant women were shoved around. Guess they had no dogs, cats, or pregnant women living in that house or they would have gotten the full treatment.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for excuses
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious, do the LEO on this site defend the FBI too or are they rivals?

I noticed they haven't showed up yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow what a fucking joke. I also completely agree with what the guy is saying, if someone is busting in your door while you are asleep you will have no idea what is going on and your first instinct may be to grab your weapon and defend your family. Which will more than likely just get you, your dog, and a few family members killed in the process. Good to know we have the police to protect us
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder what the FBI side of the story is.  Really curious to hear what they have to say regarding the 2 year issue.

Brian
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]
they raided the right house, just got stuck in traffic on the way there.

Quoted:

I wonder what the FBI side of the story is.  Really curious to hear what they have to say regarding the 2 year issue.

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]

No fuckin' way.

Carolyn Jones was the original Morticia and she was definitely THE sexiest, smokinest, hottest Morticia EVAR!!

Sexy little minx.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No fuckin' way.

Carolyn Jones was the original Morticia and she was definitely THE sexiest, smokinest, hottest Morticia EVAR!!

Sexy little minx.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OQmEa5OKyOI/SaimPUSMX9I/AAAAAAAAM-E/j37Y9GBwa-8/s400/CarolynJones224.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g3Mcm2v0LKk/TWqmR__oF2I/AAAAAAAAZo8/ACFtNzmF7m8/s1600/morticia001.jpg

She is pretty damned hot, but so is Bebe Neuwirth.

I should have such a dilemma.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Brian

"We relied on seriously out dated information and failed to do basic research before kicking down the door?" But of course you said for this to happen is practically impossible.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not surpised anymore.  Disappointed yes.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they raided the right house, just got stuck in traffic on the way there.[div]
Quoted:

Brian

Traffic in PA must be a bitch

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

"We relied on seriously out dated information and failed to do basic research before kicking down the door?" But of course you said for this to happen is practically impossible.

Care to quote me?  If someone at the FBI is that bad at their job I'd have no problems with calling them out - not sure what the appropriate punishment/discipline would be though.  I find it hard to believe the FBI agent(s) made 'good faith' errors but I would like to hear their side of the story before saying they should be fired/executed(per FLA1A beliefs)/etc.

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When you have immunity, no big deal if you're wrong

this...
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Care to quote me?  If someone at the FBI is that bad at their job I'd have no problems with calling them out - not sure what the appropriate punishment/discipline would be though.  I find it hard to believe the FBI agent(s) made 'good faith' errors but I would like to hear their side of the story before saying they should be fired/executed(per FLA1A beliefs)/etc.

Brian

You know what? When you're talking about violation of Constitutional rights and the possibility of accidentally killing innocent men and women...I don't give a shit what their excuse is. Either they are incompetent and need to be replaced or they willingly violated the Constitution and need to be replaced.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Brian

Fuck'em there is no explanation for that shit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Brian

Fair enough, I am also very interested in how the FBI allowed this to happen, I know in the other thread we where discussing search warrants and how much PC is usually needed to execute one, would I be wrong to assume that there is at least a basic investigation before someone kicks down a door looking for someone under an arrest warrant?
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

You know what? When you're talking about violation of Constitutional rights and the possibility of accidentally killing innocent men and women...I don't give a shit what their excuse is. Either they are incompetent and need to be replaced or they willingly violated the Constitution and need to be replaced.  

+1

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Meh, the homeowner deserved everything he got.

They wouldn't have been there if he wasn't a criminal or didn't associate with criminals.

He's lucky he didn't come down with a weapon, they would have been perfectly justified in defending themselves.

They were serving a lawful warrant, and had every right to be there.

Or so I have been told, repeatedly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

So LE is subject to the laws of pre-crime now?

You know what?  You need to learn to read.

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So LE is subject to the laws of pre-crime now?

You know what?  You need to learn to read.

Brian

Did I say anything about charging them with a crime? You need to learn how to read.

Sheep

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

I'm sure there is an explanation - whether it's acceptable or not is the issue.  The 'acceptable' bar is pretty damn high in this case - 2 years is going to be a high hurdle to overcome.

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"If I would have had a gun, I would have came downstairs shooting,” Gary Adams said. "They all had their faces covered. I didn’t know what was going on."

"I would’ve started shooting and then I would be dead and probably seven or eight … members of my family would be dead.”...

Quite possibly, and all quite 'legal' I'm afraid.

hey "good faith" makes it all OK

Certainly, and, since you have a higher likelihood of being struck by lightning and bitten by a shark, at the same time, than you have SWAT showing up to your door by mistake, it's evident that the whole series of errors was, without question, an expression of God's will.

Since it would be fair to say that the men involved in SWAT operations are men created in god's image, then if the homeowner, or any members of his family, had been shot dead, well, that could only mean that they were needed in Heaven more than on Earth.

Or, so I've been told.

Seems like if there were that many humans getting bitten by sharks and hit by lightning simultaneously, we would have heard about it on the news.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fair enough, I am also very interested in how the FBI allowed this to happen, I know in the other thread we where discussing search warrants and how much PC is usually needed to execute one, would I be wrong to assume that there is at least a basic investigation before someone kicks down a door looking for someone under an arrest warrant?

There better be a basic investigation - IMO 'basic' will depend on the circumstances though.  Exigent circumstances allow you force entry "immediately" - but there will be some "basic investigation" involved.  Any warrant in CA authorizes forced entry.

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The gov. got something WRONG?

Who would have thought that possible.

But that's unpossible- people here on ARFCOM have told me that LE at any level never makes mistakes

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Certainly, and, since you have a higher likelihood of being struck by lightning and bitten by a shark, at the same time, than you have SWAT showing up to your door by mistake,...

I love the cops that lie and claim that "this never happens" just after it happens!  It reminds me of people that own dogs that keep repeating the lie that their dog doesn't bite just after it does.z
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There better be a basic investigation - IMO 'basic' will depend on the circumstances though.  Exigent circumstances allow you force entry "immediately" - but there will be some "basic investigation" involved.  Any warrant in CA authorizes forced entry.

Brian

A bench warrant for an unpaid parking ticket automatically allows for a no knock with no other factors involved (not that most departments would waste there SWAT teams time on a bench warrant for an unpaid ticket with no other risk factors involved, but still)? boy I feel safe.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A bench warrant for an unpaid parking ticket automatically allows for a no knock with no other factors involved (not that most departments would waste there SWAT teams time on a bench warrant for an unpaid ticket with no other risk factors involved, but still)? boy I feel safe.

Wow - way to extrapolate the GD fantasy out of what I said............  Forcing entry does not equal "no knock".

If myself and another patrol officer go to the last known address for Joe Public to serve a warrant and we see him through the window sitting on the couch but he refuses to come to the door after we've knocked and announced ourselves we could forcibly enter the residence (doesn't mean we will). That's a far cry from your "SWAT no-knock" scenario.

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow - way to extrapolate the GD fantasy out of what I said............  Forcing entry does not equal "no knock".

If myself and another patrol officer go to the last known address for Joe Public to serve a warrant and we see him through the window sitting on the couch but he refuses to come to the door after we've knocked and announced ourselves we could forcibly enter the residence (doesn't mean we will). That's a far cry from your "SWAT no-knock" scenario.

Brian

I truly thought forced entry was = to a "no knock" or "knock, announce, kick." you set me straight.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Are they actually able to solve crimes anymore, or is that irrelevant?
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

I truly thought forced entry was = to a "no knock" or "knock, announce, kick." you set me straight.

Glad I could help - seriously.  Time to check out for the night.

Bria
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#33]
You'd think after the first 30 or so of these to happen this year that LE would:

1) Check right suspect
2) Check right address
3) Ensure suspect is still at the address
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You'd think after the first 30 or so of these to happen this year that LE would:

1) Check right suspect

2) Check right address

3) Ensure suspect is still at the address

If there's no consequences, why bother?

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a SWAT team show up at my door.......asking for the whereabouts of my last neighbor.

I can't put into words the sinking feeling I got in my gut when I looked out the peephole to see a row of guys in body armor.

To their credit they were nice and had a laugh over a comment I made.  The warrant was for a pedo that skipped town......a year earlier.

But hey, this will never happen to YOU!

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Brian

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm surprised they didn't shoot cousin It.

I'd shoot him.  He's a scary mofo.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm surprised they didn't shoot cousin It.

I'd shoot him.  He's a scary mofo.

well he does look kind of like a dog.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Brian

Not sure what the punishment should be?  

How about  they say to the senior guy " Dude, you are incompetent. You, and you alone, are responsible for the massive lawsuit headed our way. You are fucking fired, and we will do our best to ensure your incompetent ass never again works in any position of authority. By the way, we are starting a criminal investigation against you to find out just where you fucked up in the procedures, so we can ensure it never again happens in the department. Now, spread your legs so everyone can kick you in the nuts on your way out the door. Do you not understand you could have gotten innocent people killed, and you did eroded the public trust in our institution?""
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

I'm sure there is an explanation - whether it's acceptable or not is the issue.  The 'acceptable' bar is pretty damn high in this case - 2 years is going to be a high hurdle to overcome.

Brian

2 years? That isn't an explanation, that's an excuse. A CYA excuse.

And that, is inexcusable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:38:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I for one am getting tired of the current surge in "isolated incidents" .

And you apologists can stop using the "Bitten by a shark" and the "Struck by lightning", or even the "Bitten by a shark while being struck by lightning" analogies. That is bullshit, and it is getting old...

I'd like to see the statistics on "bad warrant services" vs. warrant services overall. I'm betting there is a reason we don't see these types of statistics.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#43]
I guess that home owner is not a golfer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Well, definitely no point in asking what his screen name is.

I'm really surprised that my favorite Cop Apologist hasn't shown up yet to tell us all why this was a good thing.

Must be on vacation or something.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I for one am getting tired of the current surge in "isolated incidents" .

And you apologists can stop using the "Bitten by a shark" and the "Struck by lightning", or even the "Bitten by a shark while being struck by lightning" analogies. That is bullshit, and it is getting old...
I'd like to see the statistics on "bad warrant services" vs. warrant services overall. I'm betting there is a reason we don't see these types of statistics.

I think you may be overlooking the fact that Congress is diligently looking into such national issues like steroid use and baseball players.  Things are firmly in control.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Somebody in the feral bureau of incineration is gonna get a wrist slap.

you mean a promotuin right? that's  how they roll!
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Good thing he was not holding a golf club or even a fly swatter because they all look like Glocks to LEOs when they are busting down your door.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#48]
This is the guy who is responsible:

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah all the police apologist would say good shot.  IMHO anybody who did the so called investigation should be in jail.  Fuck civil rights right, those are only pipe dreams for the extreme radicals in this country.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 2:59:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yeah all the police apologist would say good shot.  IMHO anybody who did the so called investigation should be in jail.  Fuck civil rights right, those are only pipe dreams for the extreme radicals in this country.

You some kind of pinko commie? All talking about civil rights and shit!

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top