Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I believe he was REPORTED by members of this site. Not that the FBI just happened upon it. Isn't this news from a few months ago?

-Foxxz

That is what I heard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Boats, kayaks, canoes, deep water and all that--The FBI and any other alphabet agency would be wasting their time with a bunch of REALLY clumsy motherfuckers-- Goddamn a majority on here MAYBE own the .38 revolver and Sears .22.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no big surprise with that news.  Always assume that everything you say and write in public can be overheard and read.

That guy was a dipshit, I'm glad that the admins caught him before he went crazy(er).

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not exactly. He ripped off a bunch of people, cops contacted, did nothing. The little knob gobbler threatened to kill several staff members, the police were contacted and did nothing. It was only once he said the word "school" that the police bothered to do anything.

Stop it. We don't want to hear facts. We want to convince ourselves that staff are all FBI informants who turn all logs and personal information over to our overlords on a daily basis. And that the FBI caught this guy using a combination of site monitoring and information provided by staff. Now delete your post and let the paranoia begin continue.

Tinfoil hats forward!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if they had Agents assigned to arfcom patrol.

Shit you can get paid while surfing ARFCOM. Man that's just like ... um... sorry I have to get some work accomplished. Bye.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not exactly. He ripped off a bunch of people, cops contacted, did nothing. The little knob gobbler threatened to kill several staff members, the police were contacted and did nothing. It was only once he said the word "school" that the police bothered to do anything.

Well that's lame on their part.  I guess the feds can only do something if it's 'for the children'.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I for one am not going to afraid to say the FBI are good guys and gals, every single one of them. Wait, I have cats, what do I care what they think, they only shoot dogs
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, feds.

Fuck you.

Oh no!!

You did it now!

Heh, I hope my tax stamp is already in the mail.

ETA: The check cleared on the 3rd, so I should be good to go, right?

They are coming over to deliver it ......personally.

and your little dog too....
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Sort of funny, I know of two FBI agents who are long time members of this site.  One of them has a 20+ on the E&E.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I for one welcome the FBI.  

GIVE ME A DAMN JOB!  Seriously!  I have a lot of free time and will monitor any chat room you want.  I have good experience with the cam chat rooms that let you tell the girls what to do
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
this is old news. The only new news here is that he's pleading guilty.

Exactly...this was known a long time ago.

HH
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
IIRC the authorities were contacted about the threats and and they looked onto it, that's a long way from "monitoring".

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well...duh....so's the BATFE. You didn't think that a possibility?

I guarantee ATF monitors this site 24/7 365. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Agents assigned to arfcom patrol.

HEY! FEDS!

If you ever want to privatize this gig, IM, me. I work cheap!

Quoted:
I for one welcome the FBI.  

GIVE ME A DAMN JOB!  Seriously!  I have a lot of free time and will monitor any chat room you want.  I have good experience with the cam chat rooms that let you tell the girls what to do

Bullshit. Look at the number of his posts compared to me. Little league!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#16]
OHHHHHHH TEH NOOOOOOOOS!!!!!11111111!11
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Among weapons Wong must forfeit include four AK-47 assault rifles, seven handguns, a sniper rifle with scope and 132 ammunition magazines.

Dibbs
Oh yeah.......SUP G-MAN  ??!!??

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, how do I miss all the good drama?

You have to be an EE mod

For those of you worried about the FBI-some nutty cop got on the site and started threatening people, I booted him, then he sent me nutty kind of threatening e-mails and said he was an FBI Agent. I finally got pissed and called the FBI to make sure this guy wasn't an agent (he did turn out to be a real police officer, not FBI).The FBI agent I talked to sort of yawned and gave me the web address for the site where you file complaints about people stealing your credit card numbers.

LOL I think it is VERY safe to say that it will be a very chilly day in Hell when I am offered "Mod" status.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Agents of the BATFE are  the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

The same for our beloved FBI.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't feel too bad ass.

Most here are so prissily law abiding it's gay!

Threads like.

I threw crabapples at a police car from behind the hedge, should I turn myself in?  come to mind.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to be an EE mod

For those of you worried about the FBI-some nutty cop got on the site and started threatening people, I booted him, then he sent me nutty kind of threatening e-mails and said he was an FBI Agent. I finally got pissed and called the FBI to make sure this guy wasn't an agent (he did turn out to be a real police officer, not FBI).The FBI agent I talked to sort of yawned and gave me the web address for the site where you file complaints about people stealing your credit card numbers.

Your tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#22]
DAMN!  now the FBI knows I'm a shameless flirt.

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
fOUND THIS IN THE ORLANDO PAPER

http://my.att.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=7434&eeid=5922565&_sitecat=1522&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=3&ck=&ch=ne

Meh,

I know of at least a dozen Agents from various Agencies that are active posters here, but somewhat cloaked.

You would be surprised at the laughter that breaks out when you throw out some of the more common Arf phrases at an Interagency Training event or meeting.

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#24]

I’d like to extend a heart felt Welcome to all our government agents on AR15.com.  

What took you so long.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Agents of the BATFE are  the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

The same for our beloved FBI.

Besides dealing with guns? How much does ATF really pay attention to cigarettes and booze?

Kinda makes me think we should have other government agencies that make no sense.

Perhaps we need ADS? Automobiles, DVD's and Snow Shovels?

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Among weapons Wong must forfeit include four AK-47 assault rifles, seven handguns, a sniper rifle with scope and 132 ammunition magazines.

Dibbs
Oh yeah.......SUP G-MAN  ??!!??

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#27]
The fuckers set up SOTD, agent chubby and her two freinds made him think he was going to an orgy............
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

FBI MONITORING THIS SITE !!!!!  

DUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHIT!!!

Abort Operation Tango!  ABORT!!!

The chair is against the wall!  I say again, the chair is against the wall!  Regroup at Point Delta!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Howdy boys!  
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Hi Guys!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guarantee ATF monitors this site 24/7 365. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Agents assigned to arfcom patrol.

You mean Dave_A right?
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#32]
The Feds should really be ashamed of themselves,There are more dangerous people and more things happening out there.

Leave AR-15.com alone,and get out there and find some real criminals!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I believe he was REPORTED by members of this site. Not that the FBI just happened upon it. Isn't this news from a few months ago?

-Foxxz

Most likely once it was reported the FBI issued a subpeona for the chat logs and then used that as evidence to charge him.

Even the big bad feds don't have enough resources to sit and read every dumbass post in a chat box on every web board on the intarwebz.

Doc
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The Feds should really be ashamed of themselves,There are more dangerous people and more things happening out there.

Unfortunately, there HAVE been some real criminals on this site.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#35]
I doubt they have a person sitting at a computer all day browsing web forums.  I will bet, however, they have bots that scan sites for keywords and at a certain level of relevance are investigated by an actual person briefly and possibly flagged for further investigation.

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Law Enforcement has zero interest in going after real criminals. It's easy targets or a nap in the cruiser.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Most likely once it was reported the FBI issued a subpeona for the chat logs and then used that as evidence to charge him.

Even the big bad feds don't have enough resources to sit and read every dumbass post in a chat box on every web board on the intarwebz.

Doc

Want to bet?

Key words or phrases
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point is,there are Illegal aliens out there killing american citizens,and they hardly ever get caught!!! Just run back to Mexico,and sneak back when everything calms down!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I doubt they have a person sitting at a computer all day browsing web forums..

My first "job" after graduating college was in the .gov sector.  I can guarantee you I spent the better part of my days browsing web forums.  Of course that had nothing to do with my job, I was just bored.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Law Enforcement has zero interest in going after real criminals. It's easy targets or a nap in the cruiser.

With talk like that it might be a good idea for you to buy doggie body armour for Rover...    
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean Dave_A right?

Dave_A isn't ATF, he's just a misguided government superlifer.

Now I do know at least one guy on here who worked with various "spook" government organizations but he doesn't care about  you guys either. Honestly, he pretty much states you guys would be shitting yourselves if you knew the real truths. Also thinks it's funny that some would invest so much in stupid accessories that don't improve anything but the overall costs of the weapons.  

Such as, 2nd tier frontline government spooks sometimes use DPMS rifles (oh God, it isn't true, Oh God- the fucking horror!). That some other government spooks use AK's outfitted with Tapco rail products and grips (it can't be, you lie, I hate you!). Further, that even some higher echelon groups use HK products, not Colt (I can't take it, you bastard). While some even use cheap plastic CAA saddle mounts, flashlight mounts, and (gasp) GRIPS (you are the devil RR, you souless non-mil spec lies!).  

RR

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#44]
What you say on ARFcom stays on ARFcom.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point is,there are Illegal aliens out there killing american citizens,and they hardly ever get caught!!! Just run back to Mexico,and sneak back when everything calms down!!!

Illegals are not posting un p.c. subjects on the interweb now are they?

The U.N. is watching you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to be an EE mod

So how the hell did this guy pass the psych evaluation to become a police officer? Who hires these guys?
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I doubt they have a person sitting at a computer all day browsing web forums.  I will bet, however, they have bots that scan sites for keywords and at a certain level of relevance are investigated by an actual person briefly and possibly flagged for further investigation.

Bingo... kind of like how websites used to have a bunch of tagged words in fine print so that search engines would stumble onto the site.  Bots can search for words as well.

Just have to watch what you say.

Terrorist bomb government militia Obama nipples assassinate Allah gun kill subway FBI DHS Muhammad November dill pickles

- BG
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Well then .Gov, monitor this........My Fist up raising with the top of my hand towrds you, the middle appendage slowly extending into the upright position.

Now that you have visualized it go do it to yourself!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#49]
If they are monitoring this site then maybe they can call over to the ATF for me and get my form 4 approved that I have been waiting 3 months on!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DONT JUST STAND THERE... WE'RE ALL BEING MONITORED.. HIDE YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!!!!

They pay me good money for sending them hot links.

John
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top