BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The comments section is rather... colorful.
View Quote
I'd say more, anti colorful

There is one guy there one taco short of a full platter
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My liberal friend will argue that crime follows socioeconomic groupings more so than race, and that the only reason blacks are over-represented is because they are poorer.  I'll have to check these data out to see if they list socioeconomic status.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My liberal friend will argue that crime follows socioeconomic groupings more so than race, and that the only reason blacks are over-represented is because they are poorer.  I'll have to check these data out to see if they list socioeconomic status.
View Quote
I have a pretty good feeling (and that's all it is - a hunch) that there are a lot more poor white people in this country than there are poor black people. 

Would be interesting to see the numbers of people living below the poverty line, grouped by race. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are a hell of a lot more impoverished white people in this country than black, so per usual your lib friend is full of shit to his eyeballs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are a hell of a lot more impoverished white people in this country than black, so per usual your lib friend is full of shit to his eyeballs.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/284035/poverty-331533.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even more fascinating, would be to see how the crimes break down among those living under the poverty line, by race. I'm not even sure where you would find data like that, but I'd love to see it. 

If his lib friend is right, the crime rate among those living under the poverty line should be pretty uniform across all races. 

I'll bet it isn't. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The comments section is rather... colorful.
View Quote
You're one taco short of a full platter.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
People do have to keep one thing in mind, it isn't the pigment in the skin or some innate criminality, it's the culture that many American blacks have embraced.

There was a time that you could have made similar charts with
Scots-Irish
Irish
Italians
Vs WASPish Americans of English stock
View Quote
Absolutely. This is why the left is attacking "Classical American Culture" (ie: Norman Rockwell) so viciously. If they can destroy our culture it will bring this country to it's knees and they can refashion it into their Communist Utopia.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Even more fascinating, would be to see how the crimes break down among those living under the poverty line, by race. I'm not even sure where you would find data like that, but I'd love to see it. 

If his lib friend is right, the crime rate among those living under the poverty line should be pretty uniform across all races. 

I'll bet it isn't. 
View Quote
BJS Income vs. Crime Whitepaper

Some interesting findings.

edit: well this is victimization stats, not perpetrator but still.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
One thing you need to keep in mind, "Hispanic" is often in the eye of the beholder. Many reporting agencies don't even have a separate category for them.

If we could get truly accurate numbers, I think people would be shocked at how little of the violent crime in this country is committed by whites.

(Well, some people would be shocked.)
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tell him socioeconomic is not the cause, it is another result.  Plenty of people have come to this country from all over the world and have found a way to integrate and succeed.  I have known a guy that as a child, was an evacuee from Vietnam.  Told me about living in alleyways with nothing but underwear on shortly there after.  Eventually made it to the US, became an electrical engineer, bought a small chicken house and grew that business over time into many chicken houses, enough that he quite doing engineering work to work the farms.  Dude still can't hardly speak English but apparently hasn't used that as an excuse to make something of himself and be a part of society.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're one taco short of a full platter.  
View Quote
I hope that doesn't catch on here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tell him socioeconomic is not the cause, it is another result.  Plenty of people have come to this country from all over the world and have found a way to integrate and succeed.  I have known a guy that as a child, was an evacuee from Vietnam.  Told me about living in alleyways with nothing but underwear on shortly there after.  Eventually made it to the US, became an electrical engineer, bought a small chicken house and grew that business over time into many chicken houses, enough that he quite doing engineering work to work the farms.  Dude still can't hardly speak English but apparently hasn't used that as an excuse to make something of himself and be a part of society.
View Quote
Yeah but he arrived with prior knowledge of chickens, unfair!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And the Asians didn't even make the cut.
View Quote
Math and science fries their brain.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rasis
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those stats are the result of racist police refusing to arrest whites and framing blacks for white crime!
View Quote
BTDT, Ask them to explain the victim side of the statistics. Enjoy the resulting blank stare and fish mouth.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Asked my co worker and she said it's pretty much as long as you don't kill someone it's cool
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if Mexico and the other Latin American countries have DUI laws.
Asked my co worker and she said it's pretty much as long as you don't kill someone it's cool
So, some members want us to become more like Mexico etc. ?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'll bet it isn't. 
View Quote
the data exists just not in a handy chart.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#18]
It would have been a clean sweep if the Hispanics hadn't stepped up and taken the DUI crown.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Heck I might take a knee to protest black crime rates.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hispanics been getting their drunk on
View Quote
Blame Bud Light..
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I forgot DUI is a crime in the majority of states.

We don't report DUIs under UCR.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#22]
White Christian male checking in.

Can someone explain again how I caused this?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a pretty good feeling (and that's all it is - a hunch) that there are a lot more poor white people in this country than there are poor black people. 

Would be interesting to see the numbers of people living below the poverty line, grouped by race. 
View Quote
Blacks have higher poverty rates than whites, and rich people don't kill each other too often, but culture clearly plays a huge role, as poor black people kill each other WAY more often (per capita) than poor white people. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People do have to keep one thing in mind, it isn't the pigment in the skin or some innate criminality, it's the culture that many American blacks have embraced.

Scots-Irish
Irish
Italians
View Quote
actually... not so much.

While many immigrant groups have indeed had somewhat higher crime rates than their peer groups, this differences were typically quite a bit smaller, and likely more explained by general poverty and other typical causes more so than the deep seated cultural issues that still plague African-Americans.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot use the total number of whites in poverty to support your argument.

The statistics are given in a rate per 100,000 people.  You have to use to percent of the population in poverty.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#26]
When I tell people why I want to move to certain States, they get upet, untl I explain the statitics.

I’m getting old, I’m not all up for a fight anymore... Not looking for one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Someone want to calculate as a percentage of the population and replot the graphs?.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Yikes!!!!! Those numbers are pretty telling.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Damn Pedro loves to booze cruise. That was surprising. 
View Quote
Drinking and driving is legal in Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wonder if Mexico and the other Latin American countries have DUI laws.
View Quote
In Mexico you can drink while driving. Driving while drunk isn't legal.

I wouldn't try this is you are not Mexican.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Someone want to calculate as a percentage of the population and replot the graphs?.
View Quote
The graphs in the link are what you're asking for.

Here's another way to view it though:

Raw Data from FBI:
Attachment Attached File

Sorry, I looked up the census data earlier, and it was a pain, so I'm just giving you Google:

Attachment Attached File

52.6% of murders are committed by a 13.3% minority.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Scots-Irish
Irish
Italians
View Quote
Irony is the origin of "paddy wagon" (or Patty wagon) was from the irish associated with it, in front AND in back.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Note that homicide went down during the Great Depression.

I believe the spike in homicides that started around 1900 was due to immigration. The early republic had a low homicide rate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
If you actually look at from a socioecomic point it is very close, a class I was in back in 06-07 did this to prove a point to the professor. By the way one statement is the exception, rape...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn we cant even win DUI's this year?

Surely we took embezzlement.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Counterfeiting?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Crackers  own texting and driving and jaywalking
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Meh, arfcom likes to point over and over to the same problems, yet never offers up solutions.  No different than a bunch of old women gossiping.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
actually... not so much.

While many immigrant groups have indeed had somewhat higher crime rates than their peer groups, this differences were typically quite a bit smaller, and likely more explained by general poverty and other typical causes more so than the deep seated cultural issues that still plague African-Americans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scots-Irish
Irish
Italians
actually... not so much.

I won't argue the huge disparity of the current numbers
It is staggering
But I will argue that there is some inherent problem with black skin.
I'm not just talking  about immigrants.  Southerners who never let go of their scots Irish culture remained stupid under achieving, violent morons.
Those who came from the borderlands of England and Scotland AFTER those lands were pacified and the culture chsnged, were not the rednedk stereotype we still sometimes see today
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Clean sweep
View Quote
Nope.  They are behind on the DUI, but they seem to be far enough ahead in other categories to win the overall again.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The DUI thing for hispanics does not shock me at all.
View Quote
They are polluting our river systems out here at ungodly rates with corona bottles and Modelo cans.  Absolutely disgusting people if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Meh, arfcom likes to point over and over to the same problems, yet never offers up solutions.  No different than a bunch of old women gossiping.
View Quote
Understanding the problem is the first part.

Further, the lack of a solution is due to the left. Rudy et al did a good job reducing crime in high crime cities, but the methods are at odds with the left wing agenda. Obama and BLM made inner city homicides surge, and they don't care because they don't really care about black lives.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I won't argue the huge disparity of the current numbers
It is staggering
But I will argue that there is some inherent problem with black skin.
I'm not just talking  about immigrants.  Southerners who never let go of their scots Irish culture remained stupid under achieving, violent morons.
Those who came from the borderlands of England and Scotland AFTER those lands were pacified and the culture chsnged, were not the rednedk stereotype we still sometimes see today
View Quote
Pagan Anglo-Saxons were pretty much the same as Vikings. Go back far enough we are all violent savages.

Hell, the English of the Hundred Years War period were damn violent towards the French.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.  But I don't think we go so far as to understand the problem.  We just point out that it exists.

It strikes me as more of the same old identity politics that we see everywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And the Asians didn't even make the cut.
View Quote
Too busy being on the receiving end in Oakland, CA and L.A.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Aids the site has.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
White Christian male checking in.

Can someone explain again how I caused this?
View Quote
The color of your skin is prima facie evidence of your guilt...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I agree.  But I don't think we go so far as to understand the problem.  We just point out that it exists.

It strikes me as more of the same old identity politics that we see everywhere else.
View Quote
Well, there isn't agreement. There is the economic argument, the cultural argument and the race argument, and it could be a mixture.

I think the answer is fairly simple. Use the crime fighting methods that have been shown to work in the places with the high crime problems, and also approach the problem honestly and openly and, essentially, call out the dysfunctional inner city black culture that is the cause. Instead of excusing and celebrating that culture.

However, the Democrats won't do this. They are in fact dependent on such disfunction.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

They know the bad things they do is wrong but they do it anyway, who do you blame for that again?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top