Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sold'em all at a gun show using that loophole thingy.

+ 1
No, really!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There's a law that specifically forbids creation of a registry.

There is also a constitution that says only congress can change immigration law.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course, over the years, many gun shops have closed down and the paperwork goes to the government. They already have my forms. I don't care about that one bit.

What I care about is a personal registration requirement, one that costs money and that can be revoked on a whim, for any number of reasons. Least of which is a failure to pay the tax on time.

I won't have my government infringing on my rights.

Yep.  This is the one that really stomps on the 2A and threatens a slippery slope to even more "infringing".
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
He can "do" whatever he likes. Then he
can go fuck himself.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It would take a decade to collect and process millions of forms

Have you met the IRS
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
There's a law that specifically forbids creation of a registry.

There is also a constitution that says only congress can change immigration law.

When did Obama change immigration law?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Against the law.  

Not that I expect that will stop anything.

I have lost count of the laws this administration has broken.  THey are above the law.

Then why bother breaking the law like this?  Why not just outlaw guns and be done with it?

Because then they have the boring task of ruling a broken people.  Their fun is in the pursuit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think Obama will order all FFLs to turn over the 4437 forms to be put into a database.  By the time the court strikes it down IF it strikes it down they will already have compiled it all, for the children.    

Unless your gun store says they'll burn all theirs if asked to turn in.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.:

(c) Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights.–

“(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.–A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to–

“(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or

“(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

“(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.–None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to–

“(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;

“(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

“(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

“(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.–None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

“(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.–A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under

[Page: S13491] GPO’s PDF

any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon–

“(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or

“(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

“(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.–No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to–

“(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or

“(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.”.

(f) Section 2718 of the Public Health Service Act, as added by section 1001(5), is amended to read as follows:
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Nuts"

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy your stay in federal prison

I better never see you post anything about "come and get them", "molon labe", or "from my cold dead hands."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

gym88 has said quite a few questionable things in his extremely short time here

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Pretty useless. All but one gun I completed a 4473 on has long since been traded or sold. To whom I dont recall.

Might be teamed up with a universal background check order essentially making private sale only legal through FFL.

I think they might just throw everything they can at it other than a ban and hope some of it survives the court.

I don't see how that can work:
Man 1: Hey, wanna buy this Glock?
Man 2: Sure.
*deal transpires*
Man 1: Oh, hey we were supposed to go to a dealer and have background checks run and pay $50 for a transfer...
Man 2:  Oops.
*both men laugh*

*ATF sniper drops them both, MSM runs a story about how a terrorist incident/arms deal was stopped by the brave soldiercopagent*
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I better never see you post anything about "come and get them", "molon labe", or "from my cold dead hands."

Obama voter likely.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is no way.  2.8 million from last month alone.  Many with multiple purchases and who is going to read all of that sloppy handwriting.  Too big of a task to put all of them in a database.

You guys keep telling yourselves how it's not possible and how you would need some kind of technology-defying software.

Let's say the total number of forms out there is 300,000,000.  That means they would need to process 822,000 forms every day for a year.  That's 34,250 forms per hour.  If a person could do an average of one form every 10 minutes, which is, logistically, a fairly low number even if they're manually reading and manually entering every form, it would take a team of well under 15,000 people a year to do EVERYTHING, and that's IF there are 300,000,000 forms (probably 2/3 or 1/2 that in reality) and IF the process was fairly slow (no OCR, etc.).  You think they can't roust up 15,000 people willing to work for $10/hr, contract out a few data centers who are already scrambling for work, and get this done?  Hilarious.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
From what I read Obama care has a provision that strictly prohibits a registry of semi auto weapons along its using executive orders against the 2nd
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Against the law.  

Not that I expect that will stop anything.

I have lost count of the laws this administration has broken.  THey are above the law.

I wonder if they are above their own law.

Obamacare has a provision, added by Harry Reid, that prohibits the federal government from collecting information on gun purchases by individuals.

Gues I shoulda read the whole thread before posting that!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#18]
You're assuming that the FBI NICS computers really do get purged every 24 hrs.....

There is already a list, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Enjoy getting your belly scratched.  Did you have to be trained to roll over?    
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Obamacare has a provision, added by Harry Reid, that prohibits the federal government from collecting information on gun purchases by individuals.

Probably because it then would become subject to the freedom of information act, and it would incriminate the congressmen with what they own despite their abhorrence to firearms...
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Technically it cant happen

Fopa cannot be reversed by eo only by congress.

Would be struck down once challenged
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think Obama will order all FFLs to turn over the 4437 forms to be put into a database.  By the time the court strikes it down IF it strikes it down they will already have compiled it all, for the children.    

Sold mine through the cornhole too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Nuts"

indeed
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Depending on your state, 4473's (not 4437) only shows you bought a gun from an FFL. If private transfers are legal they in no way can prove you didn't sell the gun since you bought it. So they have absolutely no idea what you did since you bought it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#26]
How many threads have we had on ATF photographing every page of a shops bound book?

Dude,

They already have a list.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#27]
universal background checks are 100% unenforceable without registration. It's coming.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't comply.

I would hope most FFLs would accidentally have a flood in the room where they keep those in response.

And promptly get their licenses revoked?????

Yeah, why not?

Maybe they're fans of feeding their families?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no way.  2.8 million from last month alone.  Many with multiple purchases and who is going to read all of that sloppy handwriting.  Too big of a task to put all of them in a database.

You guys keep telling yourselves how it's not possible and how you would need some kind of technology-defying software.

Let's say the total number of forms out there is 300,000,000.  That means they would need to process 822,000 forms every day for a year.  That's 34,250 forms per hour.  If a person could do an average of one form every 10 minutes, which is, logistically, a fairly low number even if they're manually reading and manually entering every form, it would take a team of well under 15,000 people a year to do EVERYTHING, and that's IF there are 300,000,000 forms (probably 2/3 or 1/2 that in reality) and IF the process was fairly slow (no OCR, etc.).  You think they can't roust up 15,000 people willing to work for $10/hr, contract out a few data centers who are already scrambling for work, and get this done?  Hilarious.

Outsource.

Send em all to India, they will have that shit done in a couple of weeks.
Riddled with errors of course but done.

My greatest fear is him declaring mag fed semi auto rifles and shotguns NFA items.
No NFA allowed in my state (a few C&R exceptions). Would create a defacto semi auto ban for millions of us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you don't believe they already copy bound books and 4473s during compliance checks, you are very naive.

They don't pull them all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Negative. 2.8 million nics checks. NOT 4473s. I'm one of hundreds of thousands of gun owners that bought a firearm in december on a 4473 without a nics check. So it would be much worse.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
From what I read Obama care has a provision that strictly prohibits a registry of semi auto weapons along its using executive orders against the 2nd

Only prohibits HHS from doing it. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#33]
What effect does the EPA predict this will have on US waterways?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Turned all my guns in for movie tickets at the last gun buy back..
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outsource.

Send em all to India, they will have that shit done in a couple of weeks.
Riddled with errors of course but done.

My greatest fear is him declaring mag fed semi auto rifles and shotguns NFA items.
No NFA allowed in my state (a few C&R exceptions). Would create a defacto semi auto ban for millions of us.

And it would happen in a legal gray area that would be all but impossible to successfully challenge via the courts.  And they know it.  I honestly have NO idea what the EO's will be, but if they ever wanted to have a shot at seriously denting 2A and gun culture in America, they will never have a better chance than now.  That should be enough to make people nervous.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you don't believe they already copy bound books and 4473s during compliance checks, you are very naive.

They don't pull them all.

Again, it doesn't matter. As long as you don't have to register in your state and can sell w/o a transfer they can copy all they want. All they know is you bought the gun. They have no idea what you did since you bought it. If you're state requires a transfer for every sale then you can worry.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

USPS has really good OCR that reads handwritten information all the time.

+1.  And uncle fed is way ahead of that standard- it would be a matter of weeks only.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Of course, over the years, many gun shops have closed down and the paperwork goes to the government. They already have my forms. I don't care about that one bit.

What I care about is a personal registration requirement, one that costs money and that can be revoked on a whim, for any number of reasons. Least of which is a failure to pay the tax on time.

I won't have my government infringing on my rights.

An old friend of my late father was a FFL for years. He also
did gunsmithing and rebluing. His health started down hill
and he decided to close up shop. He took all his records
that he had and burned them, he said it was none of their
business who he sold guns to and before they could do
anything about it he would be dead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Splain to my feeble mind how that would work.  What could he do to a FFL who told him to F off?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Those of you saying that the Tiahrt Amendment, or a provision in ObamaCare, or any other law will stop the administration from doing what they want to do, might want to read the thread where Bloomberg suggests that the President can ignore any laws he likes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Umm, no.  It only prohibits using healthcare data collection to create a gun owner registry.  The 4473 is essentially parts of the NICS background check and IIRC, law prohibits the use of that data to create a registry as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have been through those.  No sky is filling, ar15dot com panic copying of anything.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
40% of my guns are not on a 4473

The other 60% they can register into the evidence room when I'm done.

I like the cut of your jib.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't comply.

HA the only LGS I have the mis-fortune to be within driving range will probably ask them if they want blow jobs while they copy the info.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I would mail in reams of blank paper.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive never seen him do anything but fearmonger. He's a troll and will be gone soon I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I only have 1 gun on a 4473 . A S&W 40-1 .38spl . A 5 shot revolver .
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm sure Google or similar would step up to the task.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#50]
This... I don't put it past him to use OEs for importation and to tell BATFE to interpret everything they are allowed to interpret as broadly as possible, but he won't go against a clearly written part of the law with EOs.

Quoted:

There's an Act of Congress that prohibits that.

Act of Congress > Executive Order

So, no.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top