Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeap, but the DR. told me it would not be healthy it would be better to kill someone eles and channel my anger then to put it out on my self! [whacko]
[peep]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You should definately Not jump. Life has its ups and downs.  You are at the worst of the low point.  Just imagine how good the best of the high point will be!  Kill yourself, and you throw all of tommorrows' happiness into the trash.  

And the earth will continue to revolve around the sun, anyhow.  You just won't be there to enjoy the sun on your face.

Courage, men.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There are situations were a person could not be faulted for thinking or even committing suicide.

For instance, lets say there is this guy named Joe.  He has no family, no real friends that he can talk to or depend on.  He also tends to be fairly shy.  As a result, he cannot do the whole small talk thing and really has no way to meet or relate to normal people.  People who meet him don't realize he is shy and just assume he is weird and either ignore or try to avoid him.  Joe is a nice guy, would not hurt a fly, but because he cannot connect with others, finds himself alone often.  His situation only gets worse, because the longer he is separated from being around others, the more difficult it is for him to relate and create bonds with other people.  Joe realizes one day, that he may be staring down 50 years of being alone before he finally dies some natural death of sorts.  If Joe were to kill himself, nobody would care because Joe has nobody that cares about him.  Finally, lets say Joe also doesn't believe there is a God or that there is any higher purpose to life.

I don't believe it is too much of a stretch to say that there are people like this out there.  In fact, I know these types exist because I have met them.  Can anyone really fault someone like this for wanting to kill themselves?  How would someone like this improve their situation?

By the way, this isn't me if you are wondering, so no one needs to worry about me killing myself, as if anyone would care.
View Quote

Hell, you just described me! I've got a Mom and Dad still, and I believe in God, but other than that, you hit me right on the mark.
Yeah, I've considered suicide. Put a knife up to my chest once. Thought about using my gun on me. But, I came to my senses each time. One of the major things stopping me is me belief that I'd go to Hell if I did commit suicide. That's NOT something I want. Others reason include: not being able to go shooting any more and not being able to fight for liberty.
I go through a depression every month or so. The reason is I am not to hot with the ladies. I talk to women and have some female acquaintances, but I haven't ever gone out on a date. Lonelyness sucks. But I make through somehow.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
USPC,

You wouldnt want to end up here [url]www.rotten.com [/url] suicide directory. Thats how your friends and family will remember you.

There isnt any hole that you cant pull yourself out of. It may take sometime, but dont give up hope. If you are at the bottem......there is only one way to go....UP. [:)]

Take some time off and visit a place that brings back good memories.

Take care,
Mark

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
NO.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn WILSON, I'm glad you like us!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I understand that everyone can get depressed but cannot fathom how someone would get to the point of seriously thinking about or attempting suicide. 90% of my aggravation comes from incompetent leaders, coworkers, and the circumstances they bring about through their stupidity. When I seperate myself from their presence, life becomes that much better.

Even if I were to ever reach "rock bottom", I'd stay alive and healthy just to p#ss off all the worthless people in my life. (BTW there are also a decent number of good people). We all deal with incompetent a##h#les on a regular basis who make our lives harder. Tell me I'm not the only one......

On alcohol and drugs. I've never done a drug but alcohol can be a bad factor in dealing with depression. If someone is seriously depressed it makes the situation worse or only makes it "go away" while being drunk. If anything, try to get out, talk to people you care about, get some fresh air, etc....
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: MR_BUNGLE

I too dream those dreams....

I already have my cane bought that I will smack
the locals kids with as I walk around town yelling, "Out of my way you whippersnappers!"

View Quote

No, No, No!  It's the people in the middle of the aisle at Wally world (or name your store) - you slap them with the cane - *WHACK!* "Do you [b]drive[/b] like that?"

I'm almost to that point... only a few more years to go - and I can't wait to see them scamper out of the way when I approach [:)]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]
 I can't help but think, how I would have handled my life today had all of the crap happened 15 years ago.  Tough times don't last, (sometimes they get even worse) tough men do.  Nietschke said, "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger."  Any man who experiences life to the max WILL bump into this point sooner or later.  It must be the penalty for great times, to know such hopelessness for the future.  Suicide comes for those who can find no way out.  I can tell you, pain will not kill you, whether it be emotional or physical.  As to emotional pain caused by the actions of others, don't give them the satisfaction of having won.  All you have to do is make it for the next 3 minutes, and then the next after.  Hang in there man.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
i had some issues with a large group of people. some seriously ugly shit came of it. i mean fucking serious shit, but i always saw my self as someone too stuborn to die like that, i wasnt going out easy, or alone. then that all ended and i was left with nowhere to direct my anger. things went lower. never considered suicide, but was in a situtation where part of me wanted to die. thenkfully, that problem turned out to be a hoax. things are better now. now im glad for every day.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Many of us have had such thoughts. I know I have. Only those who have considered it, understand how hopeless life can seem at times.  Time DOES heal most wounds, however.  Even those of us who are alone in this world have friends and activities we enjoy - concentrate on those until the hurt passes.  If you find yourself unable to do so, seek help.  There are medications for depression, professionals who will listen to your problems and maybe help in some way.  Seek that help if you need it.  No one can "afford" such care.  However, the alternative is to be and have nothing so who cares what it costs?  Dead is for a VERY long time!

If you are religious, consider the consequences of such an action.  Discuss it with your minister if you feel confident doing so.

Many suicides are an attempt to hurt those left behind.  (Does not count those with terminal illnesses etc.)  Lousy reason to destroy your OWN life!  As said before, permanent solution to temporary problem.

I have some knowledge of the effects to those left behind.  My dad shot himself when I was 19, before I came to respect him as an equal and he me.  I can never do that.  I can never make peace with him.  I can never ask for his advice or counsel.  He can never share in my accomplishments, shoot my toys, enjoy his grandaughter.  He was not there to guide me into manhood, leaving me to attempt the job on my own.  I will always remember what he did to those around him, the suffering I have seen all these years.  I do not hate him for it nor am I angry anymore, but I will always miss what was taken from all of us.

Take the advice given here by those who do not know you but care for you simply because you are another human being with troubles.  Seek out a friend, free or paid and TALK.  There are people here who DO care.  Let us know how you are.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It is heart breaking to witness the affects of suicide on a persons family. I couldn't do that to mine. My kids are my whole world.
View Quote

If I didn't have friends and family that I loved, I probably would have done it by now.  I'm willing to take as much pain and suffering that the world can dish out to keep from hurting those I care about.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#17]
UCPC40: Give me a call man. My home number. 916-456-5950.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
UCPC40: Give me a call man. My home number. 916-456-5950.
View Quote

I appreciate you willing to talk to me.  However, I'm feeling pretty good now.  Everyone has helped me tremendously.  If I start feeling down again, I'd definitely keep you guys in mind.  At least 8 people from here have offered to talk to me over the phone.  It's good to know I have brothers that are willing to help out.

By the way, did you get your name from the NYC ska band?

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:53:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Ever consider suicide?  
View Quote

No.....but that's easy for me to say since I have not gone through any mental or physical permanent unbearable pain.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top