Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck keeping a child away from his father... We have enough of that shit here as is.

Looks to me like he now belongs to the state, not the father. Just as most predicted, he was sent for "re-education" and is now being used as a political pawn. Yea, he is much better off now.

Amen. Had nothing to do with reuniting him with his dad.

His Dad would probably disagree

Not everyone is as good a Dad as a lot of us here...

I think the kid would have been way better off with his Cuban relatives in the US versus rolling tobacco as a proletariat worker in Cuba

How noble of you to determine that someone else's kid is better of away from its parent(s).  

Dad was a communist. That's enough for me NOT to let him back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck keeping a child away from his father... We have enough of that shit here as is.

Looks to me like he now belongs to the state, not the father. Just as most predicted, he was sent for "re-education" and is now being used as a political pawn. Yea, he is much better off now.

I think the kid would have been way better off with his Cuban relatives in the US versus rolling tobacco as a proletariat worker in Cuba

Of course he would have been better off here...but isn't that the Dad call? Or could we have him declared an unfit father because he was a Commie?

YES!!!

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
good he went back home where he belongs..just another Cuban we do not need.I always thought we could cut the tip of Florida off, separated by a big expanse of open patrolled water to put all the ones on that are here now plus provide a spot for the rest of the ones sneaking over here,call it Havana Three

<As this site is owned by a family of Cubans who fled Castro's Communist Cuba, I'm separating you from it.  We don't have a "big expanse of open patrolled water to put all the ones on that are here now"––but we do have a "Lock User" button to separate **you** from them.  GTFO, Bigot.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How noble of you to determine that someone else's kid is better of away from its parent(s).  

Dad was a communist. That's enough for me NOT to let him back.

Sadly we're a nation of laws and not one where judges base their decisions on feelings.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your were wrong on your first post above....  Elian was never "feet dry" per US policy as he was turned over to the Coast Guard before he reached US soil. There was never any doubt that Elian was an illegal alien and relatives consistently lost their counter-argument in appeals court.

The rest of the world's inhabitants do not deserve a better life in the US.  What they specifically deserve is to make for a better life in their country. You have quite a liberal viewpoint on that and probably have more liberalism views than you realize.

I'm guessing that you were in middle or high school at the time, and was subjective to liberalism views of your teachers repeatedly?
Well, that does change some things, I'd forgotten the USCG picked them up. I was in school at the time, but my teachers did not talk about the incident.  

I'm firmly against most easy routes to citizenship (amnesty, children of illegal aliens, etc), but anyone willing to risk shark infested waters, being picked up by a Cessna on a deserted road flying just above the waves to avoid radar, or the Cuban minefields around Gitmo deserves a new life, at least permanent residency if not a path to citizenship.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Elain divided Cubans and Miami across political and ethnic lines, the kid should have disappeared away from the JBT's and Reno, not propped him on TV for the world to see as a political football. It backfired.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top