BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That makes my mouth hurt just reading it.

Thats because you move your lips when you read !
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
In my little part of erie county when go to vote you might have show them an I.D.  no I.D.  go and get some proof that you are who you say you are then you can vote
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are these all post bin Laden tape polls or were some of them polled before the tape had come out?

At least 1/3-1/2 of the interval period for  those polls will be pre-return-of-OBL (eg Osama tape on Friday, polls at least include Thursday, some include Weds, and so on)...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
K*rry's thug-attorneys will find "serious flaws" in every state he loses.
He will(in effect)be saying that only the courts can determine the correct out-come.
I think his positioning of observers is insultin to many senior citizens that take voting seriously and have been voting since before K*rry was born. Seniors also take a dim view of his wife's "Scum Bag/Shove It" vocabulary.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
For the first time this election season, I honestly believed today that Bush is going to lose.  I hate feeling this way and I am even calling myself a defeatist.  I cannot help but feel that there are too many things working against him right now.  Even after our country was threatened again by Bin Laden, the polls are tightening.  Many of the battleground states have been hit hard even though the economy as a whole has rebounded.  We just lost 8 more soldiers in Iraq.  The explosives episode.  For those of us who seek the truth, the choice couldn't be more clear.  There is, however, an enormous amount of voters that will take in whatever is fed to them by ABC, CBS, Micheal Moore, etc.  

Even with all the bad news.  The thing that worries me the most is just the sheer number of new voters this time.  In the past, this country was lucky to get 40% of its eligible citizenry to vote.  Now we are looking at maybe going over 65%.  The citizens of this country are motivated.  I hope they are motivated by the era and the struggle that we find ourselves in.  But I can't help thinking that they want a change.  Noone can possibly predict the results based on these polls because our country has never seen this before.

I pray that I am wrong.  I want nothing more than to wake up Wednesday mornning and hear that Bush's electoral college lead was so great, that it was pointless for the DemoCraps to challenge it.

Please help me keep faith over these final hours  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That makes my mouth hurt just reading it.

Thats because you move your lips when you read !

Damn, that was funny.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
dport you are right in many ways... bottom line, Kerry's surge is dead and the Osama tape is going to break leaners to Bush... especially mothers.

Soccer moms becoming security moms.

Go W!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, time for an update to the Crazy Crazy Democrats Renting from us story...

Today, the Dem's came in for the last of their many vehicles.  There were two batches of reservations, all paid by the Ohio Dem Party, but used by different groups within; 8 cars, and 8 minivans.  The reason one group got cars was because we were out of vans, but they were desparate, so they rented cars, too.  The first group arrived, and boy were they the cream of the crop.  These were your typical "cat people" Democrats... wearing shorts, even though it's cold out, with sandals and knit knee socks.  One lady made a point to show me her "Kerry-Edwards" pin she was wearing on her driver's license photo... I asked her what she was going to do on Wednesday when he loses.  She said she'd still be proud to have it on her license.  So we asked "are you here for the vans or the cars?"  Their leader, a bitchy lady, got a look in her eye that told me to watch out, and she got on the phone and talked really quiet and quickly.  she then said, we're here for the vans.  As we are finishing up the rental of the vans, the second group comes in and asks which vans they are picking up.  At that point all 3 groups know what is going on.  The "bitchy" leader belts out "We already have them, and I called downtown and they said take them, so we are taking them.  You guys will just have to make it work.  They almost got into a fistfight.  They were verbally assaulting each other.  It was beautiful to watch unfold.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Leisure, the dems are hiring people to run their ground game... they are not party people per se.  They are doing this for a paycheck.. We don;t outsource our operations.  We have the better ground game.  Pity you didn;t arrange for the Republicans to rent all the vans and chalk it up as a clerical error... I guarantee you had you called party headquarters and told them what was going on they would have rented every van even if they spent days parked in driveways unused just to deny the dems the use of them.

If you mean hiring the management team, I believe it.  But the folks coming to see us are definitely volunteers.  You can tell because they are crazy old hippies, or inner city folks.  Depending on which group at whatever time.  They all have their Kerry/Edwards pins and t-shirts on.  I can't tell you how hard it was not to say some smart-assed stuff.

On the good side, I won over someone I have been trying to swing to Bush for over 6 months.  Actually, a more accurate description is that the Kerry supporters made him rethink his support of Kerry.  He was riding the fence before, but definitely leaning to Kerry.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top