Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2005 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, it does.

But here's a newbie question.  I'm thinking about a first building using a J&T kit.  Their website still references pre and post ban configurations.  Can I assume I want a pre-ban configuration, now that the law has expired?
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you want a "pre- ban" configuration.  

J&T has either not updated their website or keeps it that way so that the folks in the ban states don't accidentally order themselves an evil rifle.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I visited a gun shop today looking for AR15 pricing and inquired about getting a stripped lower (my plan is to build my first AR).  The dealer said that some law is going into effect next month that limits or eliminates the ability to buy a stripped lower receiver.  Is there any basis to this?  I've scanned the legal threads here and don't see anything about it (I would expect it in big bold letters somewhere), so did the guy misunderstand my question, is he totally out in left field, or is there something to be concerned about here?

Thanks for any info!
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
What states still have an AWB in effect and/or hi-cap mag restrictions?
Link Posted: 11/3/2006 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
NEVERMIND
Link Posted: 11/3/2006 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I visited a gun shop today looking for AR15 pricing and inquired about getting a stripped lower (my plan is to build my first AR).  The dealer said that some law is going into effect next month that limits or eliminates the ability to buy a stripped lower receiver.  Is there any basis to this?  I've scanned the legal threads here and don't see anything about it (I would expect it in big bold letters somewhere), so did the guy misunderstand my question, is he totally out in left field, or is there something to be concerned about here?

Thanks for any info!

You just encountered a dealer who is,  to put it tactfully...full of shit.

That is all.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/3/2006 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#8]
So is that the only laws about ar's 16 inch and on auto parts and you will be ok,
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

California, Conneticut, Hawaii, Massatuches, Chicago and Aurora Illinois, New York, New Jersey, South Bend Indiana, Maryland.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

California, Conneticut, Hawaii, Massatuches, Chicago and Aurora Illinois, New York, New Jersey, South Bend Indiana, Maryland.

add Ohio to the mix, mag caps at 30, 31 is illegal.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top