Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
M&P is a really superb handgun.  A great trigger and for a compact handgun, the ergonomics are down right dreamy.  Think if SIG ergonomics, a match trigger and easy controls rolled into one.  My friend bought a M&P .40 the day I bought my Glock and frankly it is the finest shooting .40 on the market on par or better than my SIG 229.  The recoil feels like a 9mm, even with hot 180gr Gold Dots.

I would recommend them to anyone
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You are the second dude to like that M&P over the Glock.  Is it jus the new factor, or is it really better?  What makes it better?    

Personally I find it is really better.

I've owned and carried Glocks in the past, but I always had problems with them.

1. They shred my hands something fierce. I get a nasty case of slide bite from the Glocks when I take an appropriate business-like grip on them. I get nice big train-track style gouges dug into the web of my hand. After a couple of hundred rounds it gets to the point where I almost need stitches. The wounds take about a month to heal.

Still, I'd be willing to live with that if it wasn't for:

2. I've had the opportunity to train with a few different models of handgun side by side, and invariably whenever I used a Glock I would turn in a performance that was below what I could obtain with other weapons. While I can shoot a Glock accurately enough to get the job done, it's a lot more work for me than other designs. I think this is mainly the result of the Glock having a trigger break like a friggin' staple gun.

The M&P has an improved grip design that keeps my delicate flesh from being ground to hamburger by the slide and a trigger that breaks better making it easier to shoot. After the Burwell trigger job the trigger isn't even in the same league with the Glock any more.

I can shoot the pictured M&P as quickly and accurately as I can my 1911...and that only after a couple of thousand rounds compared to the custom 1911 I have taken through multiple training courses.

This is 5 magazines through the M&P as fast as I could get a sight picture (and in the case of the flyers, faster than I could get a decent sight picture) at about 12 yards:

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jwayne_777/IMGP0160.jpg?t=1187366080

There's a 7.62x39 round to give you an idea of the size.

With a Glock it would look more like a load of birdshot from 25 yards using a cylinder bore.

I've found lots of other folks who have been Glock fans for years that are trading in for the M&Ps.

Its either the espresso, or I found that "stapler gun" statment funny as hell, I'm still laughing.  Its a perfect descritpion.   Though I've never had a problem with meat grinding like you do.  I would switch if that were the case for me as well.  

I hated Glocks as a custom 1911 owner, "fuckem I said".  Well, then I was forced to buy one for the department I was on at the time.  I was cussing that thing from the gun shop to the range.  Then I starting shooting, then I STFU and stopped whinning, then I went high shooter at the academy, then I sold my 1911.    
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its either the espresso, or I found that statment funny as hell, I'm still laughing.  Its a perfect descritpion.

I was at the range one day stapling up some IDPA targets while training with my Glock. My hand was bleeding and my shooting was horrible...and then I stapled the target to a furring strip using one of those Arrow staple guns and it dawned on me....

"THE TRIGGER ON THIS DAMN THING IS AS BAD AS THE ONE ON MY G17!!"

I hated Glocks as a custom 1911 owner, "fuckem I said".  Well, then I was forced to buy one for the department I was on at the time.  I was cussing that thing from the gun shop to the range.  Then I starting shooting, then I STFU and stopped whinning, then I went high shooter at the academy, then I sold my 1911.    

I went the opposite route. I bought my Glocks long before I got my first real good 1911. I'm never getting rid of my 1911. I don't even have to really shoot the thing....all I have to do is think "now" and the thing goes off and the bullet hits exactly where it is supposed to.

It's a thing of beauty.

If I was forced to carry a Glock daily by something like departmental policy, I would try to have the grip given the Robar treatment. That cures the slide bite and makes the trigger better. The best Glock I have ever shot was a G21 owned by an Anchorage AK police officer who had the Robar treatment done to it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its either the espresso, or I found that statment funny as hell, I'm still laughing.  Its a perfect descritpion.

I was at the range one day stapling up some IDPA targets while training with my Glock. My hand was bleeding and my shooting was horrible...and then I stapled the target to a furring strip using one of those Arrow staple guns and it dawned on me....

"THE TRIGGER ON THIS DAMN THING IS AS BAD AS THE ONE ON MY G17!!"

I went the opposite route. I bought my Glocks long before I got my first real good 1911. I'm never getting rid of my 1911. I don't even have to really shoot the thing....all I have to do is think "now" and the thing goes off and the bullet hits exactly where it is supposed to.

It's a thing of beauty.

If I was forced to carry a Glock daily by something like departmental policy, I would try to have the grip given the Robar treatment. That cures the slide bite and makes the trigger better. The best Glock I have ever shot was a G21 owned by an Anchorage AK police officer who had the Robar treatment done to it.

I got lucky with my G21 trigger, only half as stampler gunnish as others.  You want an absolute shit trigger, pick up a G19 with New York 12 lbs trigger that DOS issues.  I still managed to qualify expert, but it took alot of effort.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top