User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a fucking rifle and be done with it.

Jesus I don't get this obsession with what is nothing more than a giant unweildy pistol...Same goes for subsonic rifle ammo for civilian use
View Quote
Your opinion has been noted and disregarded, now please move along.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Getchoo sum boiiieeeeee

10mm is best mm
View Quote
If they would come out with a double-stack version, preferably one that takes Glock mags, I'd be all over them.

As it is, I'll probably eventually get one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus I don't get this obsession with what is nothing more than a giant unweildy pistol...Same goes for subsonic rifle ammo for civilian use
Plus fucking one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It isn't sexy but it is cheap and uses Glock mags.

I don't know when it will be available.

https://www.extarusa.com/ep10.htm

Link Posted: 3/19/2019 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Make your own.
This is a 80% frontier arms lower
12" barrel
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Save your pennies, get a part time job, donate at the sperm bank or start selling crack.  Just get the MP5/10 and be done with it.  You won't be disappointed.

iPotato pic
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hm. Sorry folks, rough day. Apologies for my earlier comment - PCCs aren't my thing but nothing wrong with other people liking things I don't particularly find interesting. Carry on
View Quote
"Stop liking what I don't like"
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It isn't sexy but it is cheap and uses Glock mags.

I don't know when it will be available.

https://www.extarusa.com/ep10.htm

https://www.extarusa.com/index_htm_files/[email protected]
View Quote
Want.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Save your pennies, get a part time job, donate at the sperm bank or start selling crack.  Just get the MP5/10 and be done with it.  You won't be disappointed.

iPotato pic
https://i.imgur.com/5NCTJpp.jpg
View Quote
Duuuuuuuude.

I'm jealous.

Earlier today I came across a thread that talked about Atlantic getting a run of mp5/10s last fall.

I'm kinda kicking myself on missing that & wondering how often they get those in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
MP5/10 is the best MP5

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Well since people are posing MP5 pics.

I actually hate this stock and will be changing it soon.

Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
People in this thread keep mentioning the Macon Armory 10mm that's direct impingement. The only thing I can find on their website in 10mm is blowback and there's seemingly no lowers or magazines for the "colt" format 10mm, whatever that means.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
People in this thread keep mentioning the Macon Armory 10mm that's direct impingement. The only thing I can find on their website in 10mm is blowback and there's seemingly no lowers or magazines for the "colt" format 10mm, whatever that means.
View Quote
"This design includes our new enhanced feed bolt providing for flawless function on all commercially available large frame Glock magazine dedicated lowers, including Angstadt, New Frontier, and QC10."
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Glock Large Frame lowers are going to be the most common for 10mm.  There are other options but you'll have to modify .45 mags to work with 10mm.  Looks like he hasn't updated his site.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Macon armory makes a di 10mm
View Quote
Their website sez 10 mm is BB not DI unless I missed something.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42361/IMG-7150-169063.jpg
View Quote
Lol.

Yeah, there is A LOT going on with that stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42361/IMG-7150-169063.jpg
View Quote
I should have bought a 10mm K when I had the chance
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
He still makes it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DI 10mm upper from Macon and a Bolt Carrier from Evolution Weapon Systems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't mind this guy.  He's been taking a shit in all sorts of threads, all over ARF.

sounds like someone could use a hug.

A DI 10mm with a 7 inch barrel and a PDW stock would be big bouncing tits.
I've got a sbr 300blk that's almost exactly like that.

I'd strongly prefer not having to deal with a buffer tube on this one.
That bolt carrier system is pretty interesting. Do you know when it’s going to come on the market?
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He still makes it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He still makes it.
I think he's so busy making cool stuff for us miscreants that he doesn't always update the website. Just a guess.  I'm a happy Macon Armory customer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I should have bought a 10mm K when I had the chance
View Quote
If you have the cash, there is still a chance-

https://brethrenarms.com/shop/ba10k/
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

iPotato pic
https://i.imgur.com/5NCTJpp.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered my 10mm barrel today. I am doing a glock style carbine. Cost of mags was a big factor.Attachment Attached File

Should go well with my .45acp
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Gotta be a story behind that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sadly my MP5/10 got shredded and crushed
Gotta be a story behind that one.
issued duty gun, which was destined to be destroyed (via shredding and crushing), along with ~8000 others...
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That bolt carrier system is pretty interesting. Do you know when it's going to come on the market?
View Quote
May 1st according to their site.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP....you will be hard pressed to do better quality and CS wise than Rudy over at Macon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#30]
My blowback ar15 runs pretty well.  I sold the kriss in favor of it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The following is directed at the AR platform.........10 mm can be challenging at best given the wide range of chamber pressure ammunition is currently loaded in. From S&B (mild to anemic) to Sig elite (about the top end for blowback ctions to Buffalo Bore and Underwood. If you are going blowback you need to stay in the lower velocity/pressure loadings for the caliber and case belling above the rim starts to be an issue as pressure increases. One could run the hotter ammo in a blowback if they were to use a rifle length buffer tube.....and could significantly increase buffer weight beyond the 10 ounces I have been able to economically fit in a carbine length buffer.

DI opens another can of worms......for the same reason.....if ported to cycle reliably with the weaker ammo.....case expansion can still be an issue unless buffer weigth is increased. Port for the hotter loads.......and the lower power factor stuff won't cycle.......

And then we get to uppers......not all are created equal......I only recommend the Angstadt large frame lower for 10mm DI currently. Blowback I can build to run flawlessly on NFA and QC10, and if the customer insists, we can tune to run on a QC10 as well. Just not a fan of NFA and DI. The make a great product for what it is.....an economical lower for the masses......but basically the only difference in the large frame and small frame are magwell dimensions. Due to the length of the 10mm round it needs to be fed form a shallower angle to feed reliably......this is accomplished by the Angstadt Large frame.

I am looking forward to the new large frame Black Creek Precision lower due to be out soon......I was in their shop just after Shot and Darin was kind enough to let me fit a blowback 45, a DI45 and a DI 10mm upper to the lower they had taken to shot.....I thought it would be nice just from my initial visual inspection, but after pinning the uppers on and feeding live rounds I am looking forward to getting a couple in my shop and on the bench.

If I can help you with a 10mm , feel free to give me a shout at the shop......be happy to discuss the merits of the various configurations. While I'm not a huge 10mm guy, we are well into the thousands of rounds downrange in my various bench guns (each) so I'm pretty sure I can get you shooting with a carbine you'll be satisfied with. So far we have done form 6" to 16 inch" with a lot of 10" inch in between........and a small stack of 8.5 takedown guns have been built with our products by small Mfg's in both TX and Fl.

Hope this answers a few of your questions......I can be much more specific on the phone
Rudy
View Quote
Thank you so much for stopping in on this thread. I learned a lot from your post and greatly appreciate it.

I’m still in the “figuring stuff out” phase of this purchase, but if I do go the ar route I will definitely give you a call.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm just here to join the MP5 10mm master race.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top