BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I am wondering if this man knew he had a serious exposure and decided to quickly leave the country and get to the USA in hopes of getting the best treatment possible in case he did become sick before he was discovered to be ill and quaranteened to die with the rest of the third world patients in a third world country?

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
When did he buy his airline ticket(s)?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

because nurses are underpaid and over worked. (You know it is coming )

Never waste a crisis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We know the guy lied. It was reported that he was in direct contact with several people that died of Ebola in his Liberian apartment building a few days before he came to Dallas. We know he went to the hospital in Dallas and was given antibiotics and sent home. If he had told the people at the hospital of his direct exposure to ebola infected people, there is no way in hell they would have sent him home. He purposely deceived the hospital staff by withholding that information. I imagine he lied because he feels that he may be punished for coming to the US all the while knowing he carried the deadly infection. I am hoping that this guy didn't start with symptoms and then jumped on a plane to the US to get saved. If that is the case, we have a much bigger problem.

He had a fever. He told the hospital he came from Liberia.

The hospital didn't connect the fucking dots.

Never waste a crisis.

Douche statement.
Since you sound like a brain surgeon, you should know that the nurses wouldn't make the call.
Talk about the nursing staff next time you need them.
My sarcasm meter isn't broken...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So far I'm avoiding putting on my tinfoil hat with this whole Ebola thing. Some people on this site are completely out of touch with reality and spreading some serious panic. Its really kind of ridiculous.

That said, the possibility of this being true is way scarier to me than Isis terrorists coming across the mexi boarder with Ebola or airborne mutation or any of the other potential scenarios that has anyone panicked.

Think about it. If you have a passport, and can scrape together enough money for a plane ticket you can flee Africa's shitty medical system and head to any number of countries in north america or Europe that have robust modem western medical facilities where you will have relatively good odds of surviving. Stay in Africa and your pretty well fucked. And how many people could you infect before your caught.

What would you have to lose?  Youre dead if you stay.
View Quote

No shit?   .    Are you fucking serious?  

You mean people aren't going to just stay in their infected hellholes to fade away quietly?    

The Hell you say!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
by march
50 percent large city death toll
martial law and biological checkpoints
unlimited term for Ebolama
.22lr 60cents a round
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lets all be honest here... there are a lot of people in this world that only care about themselves. In a life and death situation, they would do whatever they have to in order to get to the USA where we stupidly give out free healthcare to anyone who wants it... So it is crazy that our leaders assume this isn't going to happen in large numbers. If we are smart... we are going to have to take some fairly harsh steps to discourage copycats from doing exactly what this guy has done. I almost hate to write this but if the guy ends up recovering from ebola, that will be a pretty significant message to anyone who has money for an airplane ticket in those countries and gets exposed to ebola.

Here is one suggestion to help curb the issue... anyone flying from one of those countries where ebola is a major issue have a 21day waiting period to buy tickets to the USA. It might work to at least curb the issue. Of course, we could also just temporarily halt flights from the areas of worst outbreak.
View Quote

Either halt flights or have them remain in isolation a MONTH at the appropriate point or points.  For this guy if he was judged safe to fly then a month in isolation in Brussels before flying again.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
by march
.22lr 60cents a round the new currency base
View Quote

We've seen already there needn't be an actual crisis to drive the price of 22 to the moon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Evidently W. Africans are not as dumb as some here make them out to be.

I equate his actions no differently than those peeps here that say they would take from others if the SHTF.

Survival will cause you to do some selfish shit....Who would have thought it?
View Quote

Which is why we should just shoot him, and then cremate the body.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought this was the case to. He knew he was exposed and knew a couple were cured in ythe US....
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

by march

.22lr 60cents a round
View Quote
Neckbeards selling CLOROX for 2 dollars per fluid ounce.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Douche statement.
Since you sound like a brain surgeon, you should know that the nurses wouldn't make the call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We know the guy lied. It was reported that he was in direct contact with several people that died of Ebola in his Liberian apartment building a few days before he came to Dallas. We know he went to the hospital in Dallas and was given antibiotics and sent home. If he had told the people at the hospital of his direct exposure to ebola infected people, there is no way in hell they would have sent him home. He purposely deceived the hospital staff by withholding that information. I imagine he lied because he feels that he may be punished for coming to the US all the while knowing he carried the deadly infection. I am hoping that this guy didn't start with symptoms and then jumped on a plane to the US to get saved. If that is the case, we have a much bigger problem.

He had a fever. He told the hospital he came from Liberia.

The hospital didn't connect the fucking dots.

Never waste a crisis.

Douche statement.

I AM NOT ATTACKING NURSES! my statement is in response to what admins and hospital groups would say, we didn't detect cause we need more money. Secret service issues occurred because they needed more money. the solution always seems to be more money.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the man knew that the person he had taken to a clinic in Africa died in front of him. The other helper died too. He knew he was exposed/infected and chose to contaminate everyone else on the way here. Fuck him. Sling shot back to Africa in a sealed container
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I imagine the guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'm sure he was scared out of his mind that he might have ebola.  What to do?  Get to the US for treatment.  Fuck everyone else that would be encountered along the way, "they'll be fine".

Get to US, hang out a few days and see if one gets magically get better.  No, now go to hospital.  Tell only the basics for fear of being locked alone.  Don't tell them that ebola might be staring them in the face.  They aren't able to connect the dots, they give antibiotics, voila.  It must not have been ebola!  Thank goodness!  

Return to family's apartment, stay sick, infect others.  Wait two more days.  okay, its really not getting better.  Going back to hospital, but first let's get some vomit everywhere.  It's so bad now that isolation is better than the black vomit.  Apparently losing one's tongue is extremely painful.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been [mostly] awake since yesterday morning. I didn't sleep last night, because I've got a tension headache that's so bad that it kept me awake, even while on Ambien. So I went to the walk-in clinic clear up here in MT this AM and was told they would be opening an hour late, due to a mandatory staff meeting at all the clinic locations. Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to what the topic was???  

Btw... I ended-up making an appt with my longtime doc for this afternoon since I was going to have to wait anyways. Hmmm... I'm starting to rethink my decision to go into the belly of the beast and hang with the herds of moutbreathers...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, I imagine the guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'm sure he was scared out of his mind that he might have ebola.  What to do?  Get to the US for treatment.  Fuck everyone else that would be encountered along the way, "they'll be fine".

Get to US, hang out a few days and see if one gets magically get better.  No, now go to hospital.  Tell only the basics for fear of being locked alone.  Don't tell them that ebola might be staring them in the face.  They aren't able to connect the dots, they give antibiotics, voila.  It must not have been ebola!  Thank goodness!  

Return to family's apartment, stay sick, infect others.  Wait two more days.  okay, its really not getting better.  Going back to hospital, but first let's get some vomit everywhere.  It's so bad now that isolation is better than the black vomit.  Apparently losing one's tongue is extremely painful.
View Quote

nailed it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#16]
This should have a 100% media blackout. Now we will be flooded by Africans with Ebola if they manage to cure this guy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#17]
He did not actively seek medical care. his family made him go to the hospital where he did not disclose the fact he had been actively exposed to dying people with the disease. he only offered details of coming from Liberia.

he did not tell his family of his exposure and 2 days later an ambulance was called by the family upon his deteriorating health.

the bottom line is that he actively and intentionally withheld information and illegally came to the country under false claims and guises. I have to wonder if he is Muslim out of curiousity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He did not actively seek medical care. his family made him go to the hospital where he did not disclose the fact he had been actively exposed to dying people with the disease. he only offered details of coming from Liberia.

he did not tell his family of his exposure and 2 days later an ambulance was called by the family upon his deteriorating health.

the bottom line is that he actively and intentionally withheld information and illegally came to the country under false claims and guises. I have to wonder if he is Muslim out of curiousity.
View Quote

Since your from OK I'll allow it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Either halt flights or have them remain in isolation a MONTH at the appropriate point or points.  For this guy if he was judged safe to fly then a month in isolation in Brussels before flying again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets all be honest here... there are a lot of people in this world that only care about themselves. In a life and death situation, they would do whatever they have to in order to get to the USA where we stupidly give out free healthcare to anyone who wants it... So it is crazy that our leaders assume this isn't going to happen in large numbers. If we are smart... we are going to have to take some fairly harsh steps to discourage copycats from doing exactly what this guy has done. I almost hate to write this but if the guy ends up recovering from ebola, that will be a pretty significant message to anyone who has money for an airplane ticket in those countries and gets exposed to ebola.

Here is one suggestion to help curb the issue... anyone flying from one of those countries where ebola is a major issue have a 21day waiting period to buy tickets to the USA. It might work to at least curb the issue. Of course, we could also just temporarily halt flights from the areas of worst outbreak.

CDC and federal authorities told us years ago that any possible pathogen in a situation like this would be cause for containment and quarantine in the Bio/Chem  and other Catastrophy Conferences in OKC. none of the protocols have been followed.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

the guy was at Dulles airport for 3 hours on a layover. he knew he was in trouble, but decided to risk infecting others to save his own skin.throw his ass in jail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... and chose to contaminate everyone else on the way here.

lol

the guy was at Dulles airport for 3 hours on a layover. he knew he was in trouble, but decided to risk infecting others to save his own skin.throw his ass in jail.

Jail, F@&% that.  Execute then burn his body.  People in jail, people that work in the jail don't deserve Ebola.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... and chose to contaminate everyone else on the way here.

lol

Spreading a lethal disease is funny here on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, just like HIV can become airborne "overnight" and then we're all screwed.   OMG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
one cannot assume that this virus cannot be acquired through airborne transmission. There are no absolutes in virology. So far the epidemiology suggests non-airborne but that can change overnight. FWIW I was a molecular biologist at MIT.

Yeah, just like HIV can become airborne "overnight" and then we're all screwed.   OMG

Ebola infects at aerosol lengths right now, its not a stretch to say it could easily mutate to airborne.  

But lets be PC about this.

Denmark needs to stop being racist and take in every Ebola patient to repent for their racist/sexist/homophobic/transfurryotherkinist aggressions.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have to wonder if he is Muslim out of curiousity.
View Quote

"Religion in Liberia. According to the 2008 National Census, 85.5% of Liberia's population practices Christianity. Muslims comprise 12.2% of the population, largely coming from the Mandingo and Vai ethnic groups."

Source
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

one cannot assume that this virus cannot be acquired through airborne transmission. There are no absolutes in virology. So far the epidemiology suggests non-airborne but that can change overnight. FWIW I was a molecular biologist at MIT.

do you have any understanding of how HIV works? Go google it. There is a huge difference between it and a hemorrhagic virus in transmission, target host cells, replication, host death. HIV is a tortoise vs hemorrhagic viruses which are more like cheetahs. You can live for quite some time without a strong immune system. You will die quickly once your endothelial linings of your blood vessels start springing leaks

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Nuke Dallas.  It's the only way to be sure.
It had to be said sooner or later.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top