Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There will never be a "race" war.

There may be a break down of law and order if ebt ever stops, and in the ensuing anarchy people may organize along racial lines, but that doesn't qualify as a race war.

There always have been and will continue to be racial tensions, but I find the idea of a "war" somewhat laughable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And if it happens as you prophesy, we will be denigrated world-wide as perpetrators of genocide. We will have become the 3rd world countries we once dictated to....

It is a lose-lose proposition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If there is a race war it will be extremely short lived and extremely violent. We have the numbers, we have the guns, we have the higher proportion of combat arms veterans, and most importantly, we have the ability to unify and organize. It will be a slaughter.

And if it happens as you prophesy, we will be denigrated world-wide as perpetrators of genocide. We will have become the 3rd world countries we once dictated to....

... no it ain't, we'll still be alive

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Your logic is flawed. You are assuming that you will have the choice to be a righteous warrior defending blacks and whites alike from the racist hoards.

That's not how it's going to work. People on both sides will side with and fight along side others of their kind because they HAVE to, not because they want to. The most ant-racist liberal will be faced with the choice of fighting against the opposite color or being killed by them.

DO you honestly believe that blacks will leave you alone if you prove you're one of the "good" white people? That's insane. You will either fight for your own people or you will be killed by the others. Simple as that.

If there is a race war it will be extremely short lived and extremely violent. We have the numbers, we have the guns, we have the higher proportion of combat arms veterans, and most importantly, we have the ability to unify and organize. It will be a slaughter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Race war? No, and here’s why…

Hygens Labidou.

Probably no one here remembers who that is but he was the subject of an ARFCOM thread a few years back. Simply put, he is a Black man who was confronted by two White men. Apparently the White men threatened him and tried to drag him out of his work truck. One other important fact about Hygens Labidou is that he was a concealed carry permit holder. As I recall the surviving White man was charged with felony homicide and Hygens Labidou wasn’t charged with anything.

So, what was the reaction to this on ARFCOM? As I recall I was his harshest critic in that he failed to kill both of the attackers and now we have to keep one of them locked up for a few decades.

The point to this as it relates to a race war is that one side in this potential race war is more interested in actual justice and fair play than they are in racial politics.

Yea, I think about half of the Black population is pretty much worthless, but the other half is made up of some damned fine people and I would defend them from some mob of White racists just as readily as I would defend a White person from a mob of Black racists. And I’m pretty sure this is the opinion of the majority of White Conservatives.

And on the other side I have trouble believing that the worthwhile half of the Black population is going to throw in with a bunch of lazy criminals and start a race war. That leaves the worthless half of the Black population, and they all know that the only reason they aren’t starving is that the mainstream population pays their way. Any of them with any sense know that all the racial outrage is just a way to keep the benefits flowing.

No, there won’t be a race war. There will be more of these stupid racist attacks. Then people will get tired of them and start cracking down big time. There might be a couple of riots, but nothing major or long lasting.

Your logic is flawed. You are assuming that you will have the choice to be a righteous warrior defending blacks and whites alike from the racist hoards.

That's not how it's going to work. People on both sides will side with and fight along side others of their kind because they HAVE to, not because they want to. The most ant-racist liberal will be faced with the choice of fighting against the opposite color or being killed by them.

DO you honestly believe that blacks will leave you alone if you prove you're one of the "good" white people? That's insane. You will either fight for your own people or you will be killed by the others. Simple as that.

Very prison like where sides are forced based on color.  Sub groups form off that, but still the color remains.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just dont target the Asians, I like asians.
View Quote

"Hardworking, good at math."

What's not to like?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've definitely felt the brunt of being a white guy a couple times in my life.   Very frustrating there's such a double standard.
View Quote

They are blatantly everywhere. You should be used to it now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its a good thing he is using some real top notch social science to back up his analysis.
View Quote

Dude is a doctor. went to Ivy league schools. What more do you want?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You say this because you have a background in one of the social sciences and are familiar with the various methodologies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a good thing he is using some real top notch social science to back up his analysis.

"Social science" = oxymoron.

Emile Durkheim wasn't a "scientist." Neither was Karl Marx.

You say this because you have a background in one of the social sciences and are familiar with the various methodologies?

Kind of borders on the same level of professionalism as AGW in my experience. Lots of room to play in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
there will not be a race war!

a culture war perhaps, ghetto/thug culture VS everyone else or at least whites.

there will be semi organized attacks and I look for a lot more home invasions targeting whites/educated blacks(uncle toms) to occur.

also flash mob type robberies take overs.
there are far to many good honest blacks that want no part of such nonsense,I would side with them over ignorant dumbass racists out to kill over skin color

just my 2 cents

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a master's degree in political science. *shrugs* It ain't a "science."

Social sciences, as they're called, would be more accurately called social studies.

If you're going to sit there and claim sociology is a "science" I'm going to laugh at you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Social sciences, as they're called, would be more accurately called social studies.

If you're going to sit there and claim sociology is a "science" I'm going to laugh at you.

Rachel Maddow has political scientists come on her show to express their opinions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#11]
so at what point does Spikes start selling feather dusters and life jackets with a spider on them?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I blame white people.  
View Quote

+1

Whitey is all evil and race-iss and shit
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Horse shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
there will not be a race war!
a culture war perhaps, ghetto/thug culture VS everyone else or at least whites.
there will be semi organized attacks and I look for a lot more home invasions targeting whites/educated blacks(uncle toms) to occur.
also flash mob type robberies take overs.

there are far to many good honest blacks that want no part of such nonsense,I would side with them over ignorant dumbass racists out to kill over skin color

just my 2 cents
View Quote

If (huge if) anything were to step off, it would be the producers vs the eaters (race not really a factor).
The eaters would start it, the producers would finish it (absent the government throwing in on the eaters side).

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

yeah a race war would be terrible but it really does seem as if the media and intercity blacks want it.

one day it will be to much and it will be bad.
View Quote
Lots of blacks think they are 50% of the population distribution.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He is one of THE smartest people alive in this country right now.

He is my economics idol. Anybody read his book "Basic Economics"?
View Quote
Many times.  My Econ idol as well.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There will never be a "race" war.

View Quote

I learned a long time ago to never say that something could or would never happen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spot on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wonder if he'll get "Derbyshired" for that article.
View Quote

Glad I wasn't the only one that remembered that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So what is more damaging to a city?

Caucasian Politicians
Black Politicians
Hispanic Politicians
Asian Politicians

Liberal Politicians
Conservative Politicians
Moderate Politicians
Libertarian Politicians

It will be tough to separate correlation and causation given the large numbers of factors affecting a city and different measures of success and failure for cities.

Monk
View Quote

Right. Because Haiti and Zimbabwe are so difficult to correlate. There's just so many diverse factors that need to be weighted correctly.

No legitimate conclusions can be drawn.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go review the DoJ statistics on the races of victims and perpetrators of crimes. Members of an identifiable group constituting about 12.5% of the population are responsible for half or more of the murders and robberies in the US. In one recent year, members of that group were responsible for 100% of the interracial rapes in the US. Something is going on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It wouldn't be the first in history.

Some have postulated a race war between Homo neanderthalensis, and H. sapiens.

I don't know the "scientific" merit of that claim, versus the political correctness of either denying, ignoring, or refuting it.
View Quote

This is actually racist.

White and black are the same species unlike the previous clash.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He's not.  When's the last time you heard of the USA as being a "melting pot".  Or that "there's no such thing as a hyphenated American" - T. Roosevelt.  If you go back to the time that the Irish were the hated immigrants or the Italians, or the Chinese, or whomever, there was a desire to learn English, get an education and try to achieve "the American Dream".  Those days are long past.  Now it's "Press One for English" and "...he was a White-Hispanic..." and "Justice for Trayvon (no matter what he done)".  Be prepared.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is a bright man but I pray God he is wrong.

edited for simplicity

He's not.  When's the last time you heard of the USA as being a "melting pot".  Or that "there's no such thing as a hyphenated American" - T. Roosevelt.  If you go back to the time that the Irish were the hated immigrants or the Italians, or the Chinese, or whomever, there was a desire to learn English, get an education and try to achieve "the American Dream".  Those days are long past.  Now it's "Press One for English" and "...he was a White-Hispanic..." and "Justice for Trayvon (no matter what he done)".  Be prepared.  

The Roosevelt quote was against the Irish-American movemeRobotech, anyone?
 ( Page:  2   3  )
Rick_A1423585Today 8:08:18 PM CDT
by  JsARCLIGHT
nt. It is also important to know that he was infact a racist. Remember that although they have their merits the 1900-1950's race relations are nothin to look up too. They are a black streak in our past.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#24]
If...and only IF it was to happen, I tend to agree with the previous statements made about "jail-house rules would apply".
People naturally group up with people they have commonalities with.
I think your side would be chosen for you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Go review the DoJ statistics on the races of victims and perpetrators of crimes. Members of an identifiable group constituting about 12.5% of the population are responsible for half or more of the murders and robberies in the US. In one recent year, members of that group were responsible for 100% of the interracial rapes in the US. Something is going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The percent is from a survey, it wasn't from reported rapes. Any criminologist will tell you that the survey is only good for telling us that there is a lot of unreported crimes. You don't trust the raw numbers that come from the survey because there is a truthfulness issue. Who are the primary targets of those murders and robberies? The primary target is from the same group as the perpetrators. The devil is in the details. Please call me when the numbers flip.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is not the realm of science.  No one can give you "science" on whether or not a race war lies in the future. This is the realm of opinion, as is in fact almost everything labeled "social science".

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I blame white people.  
View Quote

You live in Somalia. You would.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

A great book and a very easy read. On that topic: I'm currently finishing up "Human Action" by Ludwig von Mises, which takes a bit more dedication (at least, at the beginning) due to its more ambitious scope and logical rigor. If you haven't read it and you're interested, I'll send a copy of the Scholar's Edition (cheaper, smaller printing) your way.

Sowell has many interesting interviews on YouTube as well. He phrases something just so profoundly well from time to time. (I haven't read this article yet, off to do that now...)
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I let my subscription to NeoCon Review lapse years ago. They are not real conservatives but a RINO house organ. I am surprised they put up this editorial. It was only because Sowell is black. I guess it's progress.

Good on Sowell for pointing out the "It's the Lib's who ruined Detroit" lie to rest.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My college sociology professor even told me that. Social science is a unicorn.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure that did not happen to Germany.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I repeatedly say this to US and foreign students. "Many people can do math. Many can explain it in terms of math. Very, very few economists even realize that what they do is not math, but making logical arguments in which math is a useful, but limited tool. A true economist can describe first order conditions and game trees to economists just as well as he can explain intuition and common sense to laymen. If you want to see the way a real argument is made, go to youtube and type in Milton Friedman and Thomas Sowell and start watching. "

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope he is wrong.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Blacks make up approximately 1 out of every 8 Americans.  
They are not spread evenly around the country, they tend to live in neighborhoods with lots of other Blacks.
Militarily, those Black neighborhoods could be considered strongholds, or they could be considered target rich environments.
If those neighborhoods had their power/water/sewage cut off from outside, they would turn into death traps in short order.
It does not make good military sense to openly fight when you are that badly outnumbered.
The only way Black America could win, or even get a draw, would be to divide non-Black America and get some domestic allies.
Or some serious foreign support....

I am NOT urging a "race war".  I think the whole idea is stupid.  I don't want to live in a country that is at war with part of itself.
I am pointing out here that Black America has fewer military advantages than the Confederate States had, and look how that turned out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I let my subscription to NeoCon Review lapse years ago. They are not real conservatives but a RINO house organ. I am surprised they put up this editorial. It was only because Sowell is black. I guess it's progress.

Good on Sowell for pointing out the "It's the Lib's who ruined Detroit" lie to rest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

Do you even know the definition of "neo-con"?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

'

Do you even know the definition of 'neo-con"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'

That's been hashed out in other threads I'm sure.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

I'll just put that down as a "no".

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Blacks make up approximately 1 out of every 8 Americans.  
They are not spread evenly around the country, they tend to live in neighborhoods with lots of other Blacks.
Militarily, those Black neighborhoods could be considered strongholds, or they could be considered target rich environments.
If those neighborhoods had their power/water/sewage cut off from outside, they would turn into death traps in short order.
It does not make good military sense to openly fight when you are that badly outnumbered.
The only way Black America could win, or even get a draw, would be to divide non-Black America and get some domestic allies.
Or some serious foreign support....

I am NOT urging a "race war".  I think the whole idea is stupid.  I don't want to live in a country that is at war with part of itself.
I am pointing out here that Black America has fewer military advantages than the Confederate States had, and look how that turned out.
View Quote

Black people are too dependent upon government to be starting any kind of war.

But crime doesn't require you to lose your government housing and 3 squares/day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#39]

I'll just put that down as a "no"
View Quote

Think what you will. I am not going to argue with you.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Right. Because Haiti and Zimbabwe are so difficult to correlate. There's just so many diverse factors that need to be weighted correctly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what is more damaging to a city?

Caucasian Politicians
Black Politicians
Hispanic Politicians
Asian Politicians

Liberal Politicians
Conservative Politicians
Moderate Politicians
Libertarian Politicians

It will be tough to separate correlation and causation given the large numbers of factors affecting a city and different measures of success and failure for cities.

Monk

1. The question was about American City failures not failed nation states.
2. I stated it would be tough and not impossible to prove the cause of a city's downward spiral because there are several potential contributing factors.
3. You are miss using correlation. Correlation does not imply causation

Monk

ETA; Haiti failed because cronyism. Zimbabwe failed because communism and despotism. Race were secondary or tertiary causes for those failures.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actual analysis.  I am familiar with his work, and posting an article like that is academic bullshit.  He might very well be right in his analysis, but his evidence lacks rigor.  

Samuel Huntington was also an Ivy League academic who is now almost universally criticized.  Just because someone is a scholar at a well known school does not mean that the work they produce is good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Actual analysis.  I am familiar with his work, and posting an article like that is academic bullshit.  He might very well be right in his analysis, but his evidence and lacks rigor.  

Samuel Huntington was also an Ivy League academic who is now almost universally criticized.  Just because someone is a scholar at a well known school does not mean that the work they produce is good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actual analysis.  I am familiar with his work, and posting an article like that is academic bullshit.  He might very well be right in his analysis, but his evidence and lacks rigor.  

It is an opinion piece, not an academic article

Monk
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What "we" don't have, are the balls or the willingness to be savage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I defend my doctorate in political science next month, and there is plenty of scientific rigor in the social sciences to call it a science.  Maybe you should have studied methods more closely.

Quoted:
Quoted:

You think he is wrong ?

He might actually be correct, but he does not provide anything that approaches rigorous analysis.  Pointing to anecdotal evidence is not indicative of a race war.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Another Israel attacking Iran thread.  It might happen one day
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, uh, . .I can't say if there will be a race war or not. . .but I'm pretty sure that, uh, . . . .

IT WON'T BE TELEVISED!

Video says so, right here!:

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I defend my doctorate in political science next month, and there is plenty of scientific rigor in the social sciences to call it a science.  Maybe you should have studied methods more closely.

View Quote

"Scientific rigor."

Statistics aren't "science" any more than opinion polls. Physics is a science. Chemistry is a science. Poli si is not a "science," nor are its practitioners "scientists," despite the misleading title.

I used to be in a library science program, as well. Yeah, it's not a "science," either.

I'm not claiming the various social studies (poli sci, sociology, psychology, history, etc.) aren't useful: I'm saying it's misleading to call them "sciences." They're not. And you know they're not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

"Scientific rigor."

Statistics aren't "science" any more than opinion polls. Physics is a science. Chemistry is a science. Poli si is not a "science," nor are its practitioners "scientists," despite the misleading title.

I used to be in a library science program, as well. Yeah, it's not a "science," either.

I'm not claiming the various social studies (poli sci, sociology, psychology, history, etc.) aren't useful: I'm saying it's misleading to call them "sciences." They're not. And you know they're not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Scientific rigor."

I have a Bachelor's of Science in Management.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Blacks murder 2.2 times as many whites as whites murder blacks, but the white population is 5.7 times that of the black population.  2.2 X 5.7 = 12.54.  

A randomly chosen black American is 12.5 times as likely to kill a white person, than a white person is to kill a black.

Here's some more detailed calculations:  
Total number of blacks murdered by whites in 7 years = 1,543  
1,543 ÷ 7 = 220.43 per year average
White population = 223,553,265
223,553,265 ÷ 220.43 = 1,014,169
Thus, there is a 1 in 1,014,169 chance that any white American will murder a black American in one year.

Total number of whites murdered by blacks in 7 years = 3,382
3,382 ÷ 7 = 483.14 per year average
Black population = 38,929,319
38,929,319 ÷ 483.14 = 80,576
Thus, there is a 1 in 80,576 chance that any white American will murder another black American in one year.

1,014,169 ÷ 80,576 = 12.58  

So the chances that any randomly chosen black American, will murder a white America, in one year, is 12.58 times higher than the other way around.

Here is the Census and FBI data:
2005: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_05.html
2006: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_05.html
2007: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_05.html
2008: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_06.html
2009: http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_06.html
2010: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl06.xls
2011: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

Census data from 2010: www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#50]
IMO I don't see an all out race war but more like a long
drawn out insurgency. Sorta like what we have now except
it may actually be acknowledged.
I do see whites acknowledging it before the media and
Hopefully we/they (de whites) will actively start fighting back.
I' m ready to hear someone with clout stand up and say BULLSHIT!
we're tired of this shit, fighting back isn't racist. Standing your ground and
protecting the lives of you and your family isn't racist. Defending your property isn't
racist. Killing a killer isn't racist.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top