Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The primary should be for the party to choose their candidate.  It is up to the party to balance various considerations in doing this, including the candidate's positions, history, loyalty, and electability.  The purpose of the party is to influence politics by supporting candidates.  It has nothing to do with backing the most popular person, but has much to do with getting the candidate that will help the party's influence the most elected.

View Quote

So you are saying the GOPe should just decide everything then, since they only care about their own power and influence.  The GOPe currently controls the House and Senate, they just passed Obama's budget in full and didn't even fight it.  Is that who you want representing you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Buncha SJWs up in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I guess folks don't know that the primary elections are administered by the state for the parties who run candidates.
View Quote

This election cycle is proving to be very educational with regards to the rules surrounding the primary and delegate process.  

I know I shouted from the rooftops about insuring you were a registered repub if you wanted to vote in the Az 'primary'....in Az registered independents outnumber both registered dims and repubs respectively.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wonder if this the reason trumps kids can't vote for him. They didn't get off the dem list in time.  Being life long Republicans and all that.......
View Quote

Can you show they are registered dems?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So you are saying the GOPe should just decide everything then, since they only care about their own power and influence.  The GOPe currently controls the House and Senate, they just passed Obama's budget in full and didn't even fight it.  Is that who you want representing you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The primary should be for the party to choose their candidate.  It is up to the party to balance various considerations in doing this, including the candidate's positions, history, loyalty, and electability.  The purpose of the party is to influence politics by supporting candidates.  It has nothing to do with backing the most popular person, but has much to do with getting the candidate that will help the party's influence the most elected.

We're saying if you want to vote in a Republican primary, you should be a member of the Republican party. If you want to remain an independent, don't complain when you don't get to vote in a closed party primary.

Again, letting people who aren't members of a party vote for who that party nominates makes as much sense as letting non citizens vote for a country's leader.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Two parties primaries should not be held the same day, and IMHO all primaries should be open. You may live in a heavily represented area by one party and you are not of that party you should be allowed to vote IF they change the rules
View Quote

Why should primaries be Open? The General election, you know the one that actually elects the person to office is open.  Saying that a primary should be open, is as dumb as saying the NRA should let members of the Brady Campaign elect there board members.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't mind the closed primary, but the ridiculous thing is that they made the deadline for changing parties last year if you wanted to vote this year.

It only takes them a couple of days to process the changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two parties primaries should not be held the same day, and IMHO all primaries should be open. You may live in a heavily represented area by one party and you are not of that party you should be allowed to vote IF they change the rules

I don't mind the closed primary, but the ridiculous thing is that they made the deadline for changing parties last year if you wanted to vote this year.

No shit?

Damn.

In FL it think you have up till 30 days before an election to switch/registered.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol...

Riots....
View Quote

Riots  would be horrible
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why should primaries be Open? The General election, you know the one that actually elects the person to office is open.  Saying that a primary should be open, is as dumb as saying the NRA should let members of the Brady Campaign elect there board members.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More as a vote against a candidate, if you live in heavily represented area opposite your party, one who runs unopposed by other parties and you wanted a change. Only in precincts where you would hardly get a chance to vote. It sounds crazy
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Found another one...  

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No shit?

Damn.

In FL it think you have up till 30 days before an election to switch/registered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit?

Damn.

Yes, that's the issue.
They've got it set up specifically so that a grassroots effort can't spring up to take down the establishment, & a candidate can't inspire people to switch parties to back him.

Videos from the polling places should be epic, especially for the Bern-outs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw where Cruz does better in closed primary states than Trump. But KY is a closed primary and Trump won here so I don't think there's any real way to say.

I'm predicting Trump carrying most of the North East, and I'm saying this as a Cruz guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That should make things quite interesting for the Republicans.  Has anyone looked at how the candidates fair on closed rather than open primaries?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw where Cruz does better in closed primary states than Trump. But KY is a closed primary and Trump won here so I don't think there's any real way to say.

I'm predicting Trump carrying most of the North East, and I'm saying this as a Cruz guy.

Florida is a closed primary State and Donald Trump did very well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes, that's the issue.

They've got it set up specifically so that a grassroots effort can't spring up to take down the establishment, & a candidate can't inspire people to switch parties to back him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?

Damn.

Yes, that's the issue.

Because both parties have controlled the state legislatures in a way that allow them to create laws that prevent other minor third parties from gaining a foothold in the political process.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#15]
29 days before a primary you can register or change in Florida
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's the Bernie page - same deadline applies to the R party;

http://voteforbernie.org/state/new-york/

I guarantee that the dumbshit millennials won't be able to tell the difference between "affiliated" (to vote in the primary) & "registered" (to vote in the general).
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/usa-election_sanders4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=835

New York election officials are bracing for a mess at the polls because they expect many Bernie Sanders voters will show up who can’t vote.

Only registered Democrats and Republicans are allowed to cast ballots Tuesday in the closed primary, but election officials have been getting an earful from independent voters peeved the deadline to change their party registration was Oct. 9 – long before the presidential election was on their radar.

“I’m going to predict that a lot of Sanders people who come from the ranks of independent voters are not actually registered Democrats and they will cause lines and waits at the poll sites while they attempt to vote affidavit ballots or obtain court orders to vote,” said John Conklin, a spokesman for the state Board of Elections.

Unlike other states, New York allows only registered party members to vote in their respective primaries. So the 5.3 million registered Democrats can vote for Sanders or Hillary Clinton and the 2.6 million Republicans can vote for Donald Trump, John Kasich or Ted Cruz. But nearly 3 million independents and other party members are shut out.

Judges, the NYPD and poll workers are on alert for potential chaos, officials say.

Protests are planned for noon Thursday at City Hall to rail against New York’s closed primary and last year’s October deadline to change party affiliations.

“Many, many people will be shut out of voting in what very well may be the most important election in a generation in New York state,” said Jeremy Gruber, senior vice president at Open Primaries, a nonpartisan group organizing the New York rally.

“No one should have to join a party to exercise their right to vote,” he added. “We’re a democracy.”

Link

View Quote

Fuck 'em.   They haven't been deprived of anything.  They had a deadline, and they chose to ignore it.   Now all of a sudden they are interested?    Anyone who couldn't be bothered to be registered to vote six months ago probably shouldn't be voting anyway.    Of course the fact that they are suspected Bernie supporters confirms that they are soft in the head.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Trump typically has a rougher time in closed primaries. I can definitely see him not making 50% and losing out on quite a few delegates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That should make things quite interesting for the Republicans.  Has anyone looked at how the candidates fair on closed rather than open primaries?

Trump typically has a rougher time in closed primaries. I can definitely see him not making 50% and losing out on quite a few delegates.

From my count there were 13 closed primaries or caucuses that mattered.  Trump won 6 of them.

Nevada Caucus Closed = Trump won 49.5%
Kentucky Caucus Closed = Trump won 35.9%

Louisiana Primary Closed = Trump won 41.4%

Hawaii Caucus Closed = Trump won 42.4%

Florida Primary Closed = Trump won 45.7%

Arizona Primary Closed = Trump won 47.1%

523 total delegates.  Trump won states with 298 delegates.  Cruz won one more state but even with that the total delegates were 225.  Cruz tends to win in states with smaller populations.  That's about the only thing you can tell from the data.

Iowa 30

Nevada 30

Alaska 28

Oklahoma 43

Wyoming 29

Kansas 40

Kentucky 46

Louisiana 46

Maine 23

Hawaii 19

Idaho 32

Florida 99

Arizona 58

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fuck 'em.   They haven't been deprived of anything.  They had a deadline, and they chose to ignore it.   Now all of a sudden they are interested?    Anyone who couldn't be bothered to be registered to vote six months ago probably shouldn't be voting anyway.    Of course the fact that they are suspected Bernie supporters confirms that they are soft in the head.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/usa-election_sanders4.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=835

New York election officials are bracing for a mess at the polls because they expect many Bernie Sanders voters will show up who can’t vote.

Only registered Democrats and Republicans are allowed to cast ballots Tuesday in the closed primary, but election officials have been getting an earful from independent voters peeved the deadline to change their party registration was Oct. 9 – long before the presidential election was on their radar.

"I’m going to predict that a lot of Sanders people who come from the ranks of independent voters are not actually registered Democrats and they will cause lines and waits at the poll sites while they attempt to vote affidavit ballots or obtain court orders to vote,” said John Conklin, a spokesman for the state Board of Elections.

Unlike other states, New York allows only registered party members to vote in their respective primaries. So the 5.3 million registered Democrats can vote for Sanders or Hillary Clinton and the 2.6 million Republicans can vote for Donald Trump, John Kasich or Ted Cruz. But nearly 3 million independents and other party members are shut out.

Judges, the NYPD and poll workers are on alert for potential chaos, officials say.

Protests are planned for noon Thursday at City Hall to rail against New York’s closed primary and last year’s October deadline to change party affiliations.

"Many, many people will be shut out of voting in what very well may be the most important election in a generation in New York state,” said Jeremy Gruber, senior vice president at Open Primaries, a nonpartisan group organizing the New York rally.

"No one should have to join a party to exercise their right to vote,” he added. "We’re a democracy.”

Link

So you know who you're voting for half a year before the election? Nothing in six months can't make you change your mind at all?

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So you know who you're voting for half a year before the election? Nothing in six months can't make you change your mind at all?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I’m going to predict that a lot of Sanders people who come from the ranks of independent voters are not actually registered Democrats and they will cause lines and waits at the poll sites while they attempt to vote affidavit ballots or obtain court orders to vote,” said John Conklin, a spokesman for the state Board of Elections.

"Many, many people will be shut out of voting in what very well may be the most important election in a generation in New York state,” said Jeremy Gruber, senior vice president at Open Primaries, a nonpartisan group organizing the New York rally.

"No one should have to join a party to exercise their right to vote,” he added. "We’re a democracy.”

Link

Half a year? March 25th was the registration date.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

NYS it was Oct 9
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
NYS it was Oct 9
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NYS it was Oct 9

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-children-blast-onerous-new-york-primary-rules-article-1.2598982

Oct 9th was Party choice. Terrible to have to pick which party you're voting for that far in advance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-children-blast-onerous-new-york-primary-rules-article-1.2598982

Oct 9th was Party choice. Terrible to have to pick which party you're voting for that far in advance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NYS it was Oct 9

What a great way to bring in new voters - sorry, but you didn't affiliate with us last year so you don't get to vote this year.

(But at the same time they won't hesitate to beg those same voters for money.)

I hope the Bern-out meltdown on primary day is epic.
I also hope that people who registered wrong get together to start trading ballots - so that both parties & the poll workers join in & make it worse.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Or don't give your vote to the party that didn't want it, and watch them lose.

If the parties want to play all, "We're private clubs and you're not invited," that's fine.  But then those party members have no grounds for complaint when their hand-picked candidate loses the general election.  More than 40% of all voters are not party-aligned.  Telling that many voters, "No, you can fuck off, we don't need you," seems counterproductive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to influence a party's choice and platform, join that party and get involved.  Otherwise shut up and wait for the General Election and make your choice between the options given.

If the parties want to play all, "We're private clubs and you're not invited," that's fine.  But then those party members have no grounds for complaint when their hand-picked candidate loses the general election.  More than 40% of all voters are not party-aligned.  Telling that many voters, "No, you can fuck off, we don't need you," seems counterproductive.

If you want to have a say in how a private organization is run, then you need to join it, and it is universally easy to do so. By refusing to join the party, these people were essentially telling themselves to "fuck off." the idea that outsiders should have a say in how a private organization is run is quite frankly ludicrous and asinine. These people chose not to be members and have no right to complain about not being part of the process. Closed primaries and caucuses should be the standard.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you want to have a say in how a private organization is run, then you need to join it, and it is universally easy to do so. By refusing to join the party, these people were essentially telling themselves to "fuck off." the idea that outsiders should have a say in how a private organization is run is quite frankly ludicrous and asinine. These people chose not to be members and have no right to complain about not being part of the process. Closed primaries and caucuses should be the standard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to influence a party's choice and platform, join that party and get involved.  Otherwise shut up and wait for the General Election and make your choice between the options given.

So you agree.  Anyone not allowed to vote in the primary should take their vote elsewhere in the general.  Let the Republicans try to win with only 25% of the voters.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, no.

Primaries are to allow a PARTY to choose THEIR candidate to represent THEIR PARTY in the general election.  Open primaries are fucking stupid and do nothing but open the door to manipulation by the other side.  Only Republicans should vote in the REPUBLICAN primary and only democrats should vote in the DEMOCRAT primary, and so forth.

Want to know what happens when you have open primaries?  Look at Michigan.  Do you know why we have Rick Snyder as governor?  It's not because the state REPUBLICANS were clamoring for a wishy washy RINO that just does whatever the democrats tell him to do, its because, "mysteriously" about 2,000,000 fewer democrats voted in the democrat primary than usual and "mysteriously" about 2,000,000 more people voted in the Republican primary, and they overwhelmingly voted for Snyder and defeated the VERY Conservative Mike Cox, who the libs had a scathing blind hatred of, who was way ahead in the Republican polls.  The democrats knew no matter who they ran that year they stood no chance after the disaster of the grandholm administration so they deliberately sabotaged the Republican race to give us a RINO.

Mike Cox (as attorney general) gave us machine guns and suppressors.
Snyder has given us multiple vetos on basic pro gun bills.

That is what open primaries gets you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Um, no.

Primaries are to allow a PARTY to choose THEIR candidate to represent THEIR PARTY in the general election.  Open primaries are fucking stupid and do nothing but open the door to manipulation by the other side.  Only Republicans should vote in the REPUBLICAN primary and only democrats should vote in the DEMOCRAT primary, and so forth.

Want to know what happens when you have open primaries?  Look at Michigan.  Do you know why we have Rick Snyder as governor?  It's not because the state REPUBLICANS were clamoring for a wishy washy RINO that just does whatever the democrats tell him to do, its because, "mysteriously" about 2,000,000 fewer democrats voted in the democrat primary than usual and "mysteriously" about 2,000,000 more people voted in the Republican primary, and they overwhelmingly voted for Snyder and defeated the VERY Conservative Mike Cox, who the libs had a scathing blind hatred of, who was way ahead in the Republican polls.  The democrats knew no matter who they ran that year they stood no chance after the disaster of the grandholm administration so they deliberately sabotaged the Republican race to give us a RINO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, no.

Correct, parties are not gov entities, they are private clubs. There should be cross over sight. I am beginning to see the emergence of more than 2 parties. When you have one party involved, manipulation of votes, tally fraud and candidates is likely without other opposing parties being able to have oversight. With an open primary all the parties will have skin in the fight. Granted in the end the party picks their candidate but it should be grassroots from all voters. What I just told you and $2.50 will get you on the bus  
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#28]
NY Board of Elections is now mailing out letters to everyone who missed the deadline telling them that they can't vote & citing the law covering primaries - even they know it's going to be a disaster.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
NY Board of Elections is now mailing out letters to everyone who missed the deadline telling them that they can't vote & citing the law covering primaries - even they know it's going to be a disaster.
View Quote
It was horrible here Primary day in Florida
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the bigstick61 guide to winning presidential races: run the candidate who doesn't inspire people to vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Does everybody realize that primary results do not obligate the party to select the winner as their nominee?

The Democrats won't nominate Sanders because Sanders is a Commie.

The Republicans won't nominate Trump because Trump is a Democrat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does everybody realize that primary results do not obligate the party to select the winner as their nominee?

The Democrats won't nominate Sanders because Sanders is a Commie.

The Republicans won't nominate Trump because Trump is a Democrat.
View Quote
Both parties are just a license to steal, to me they are both the same like a pendulum clock swinging back and forth. It's time to form new parties like Europe and the third world, that's where we're at. Hopefully you can get in with the elite and be set for life
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Both the Democrats and Republicans have weaved themselves into so many election laws across the country that they've basically blocked out the ability for 3rd Parties to form an gain traction.

The very fact that you had to register six months prior to the primary election in NY shows that. In six months a lot can happen that can make people change their choice. Candidates can drop out, scandals can break, etc.....

And the fact that Private Political Parties use State Governments and State Funds to set up these elections is a further slap in the face of the people. If they wanted to truly stay "private" then they should fund everything themselves.

But they have weaved themselves into the ve4y fabric of our poltical system and laws snd block others.

I hope the GOP burns a fiery painful death and they take the Democrats with them too. Because the DNC and their Super Delegates shit is pissing them off too.

We need to go to a.multi party system like European Parliaments. Yes, for the most part Europe sucks. But the two party bullshit needs to end.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#34]
My issue with primaries are the delegates. They can literally pick who they want regardless of who actually won.

Case in point
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gee a bunch of people who bitch all day about how they hate Republcians and want to destroy the party can't sign up in NY at the last minute to try to fuck the GOP over. Boo hoo.
View Quote

Actually you should look up how stupid the law is.

If you leave one party to join another after October 2015, you can't vote in your new party's primary in April 2016.
However, you can still vote in the primary for the old party - the one you got out of 6 months before & that you are no longer affiliate with - so you can still try to destroy that party.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#39]
When I took the class to work the elections, they kept stressing "election ready", Miami-Dade is election ready. We were ready but none of the voters were. Instead of Univision trying to destroy Trump or Sanders, they should be educating voters, explaining the electoral process in Spanish. You literally had to explain to everyone the rules ad nauseum. Univision built everyone up to a hatred and frenzy and then maybe 33% of them were ineligible voters, what a waste
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

See, I sorta disagree.  The idea of primaries is for theparty members to select the candidate that best represents the party.  Open primaries invite shenanigans by the opposition to push the weakest candidate, who they then won't vote for in the real election.  Of course that can work both ways, but one party (which most of us here despise) shows a special propensity for shenanigans.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

See, I sorta disagree.  The idea of primaries is for theparty members to select the candidate that best represents the party.  Open primaries invite shenanigans by the opposition to push the weakest candidate, who they then won't vote for in the real election.  Of course that can work both ways, but one party (which most of us here despise) shows a special propensity for shenanigans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When that happens it can backfire when the person you really want to vote for of either party doesn't get in or no one from your party is running
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

lol

You just can't make this shit up.

Tell me again how Trump is a Republican?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

I pretty much knew 40 years before:  Not a FUCKING DEMOCRAT.  

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#44]
But maybe the on the fence Democrats might want to support Trump because he is a hell of a lot better than Hillary or Sanders. But fuck it....

I guess folks can't ever change opinions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
But maybe the on the fence Democrats might want to support Trump because he is a hell of a lot better than Hillary or Sanders. But fuck it....

View Quote
Do you really think that all the Sanders supporters as soon as they hit middle age, become successful in their careers, have children will still vote for a guy like Sanders? Could someone right now , a recent immigrant who is deathly afraid and manipulated by ethnic media against Trump, change? People can change parties easy or not change parties and vote. I have seen it here happen more than once
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#46]

More than 200 outraged New York voters have joined a lawsuit claiming the party affiliation on their voter registration changed without their consent. The voters say they are unfairly being shut out of Tuesday’s primary.

The suit, to be filed Monday in Brooklyn, calls for New York to be an open primary state, allowing anyone to vote in primaries regardless of party affiliation.

“For many of our complainants, to have the electoral process deprived of them, it’s devastating,” Shyla Nelson, an activist and spokeswoman for Election Justice U.S.A., told the Daily News.

New York is one of 11 states that has a closed primary system and, due to an obscure election law, voters must have been registered by November of the previous year for the party whose primary they plan to vote in — this is the earliest change-of-party deadline in the country.

“If the primary were open, this would be a non-issue for thousands of registered voters that have had this happen to them,” Nelson said. “By making the primary open, it eliminates one of the most vexing problems New Yorkers have dealt with in this primary season.

“It’s a threat to the democratic process,” he added

Trump strikes fear in NY voters

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Do you really think that all the Sanders supporters as soon as they hit middle age, become successful in their careers, have children will still vote for a guy like Sanders? Could someone right now , a recent immigrant who is deathly afraid and manipulated by ethnic media against Trump, change? People can change parties easy or not change parties and vote. I have seen it here happen more than once
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In a ten year period I went from believing government is all powerful and can do everything to radical ultra conservative that wants no government to middle of the road Republican.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2603863.1460838548!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/78115535.jpg?enlarged

More than 200 outraged New York voters have joined a lawsuit claiming the party affiliation on their voter registration changed without their consent. The voters say they are unfairly being shut out of Tuesday’s primary.

The suit, to be filed Monday in Brooklyn, calls for New York to be an open primary state, allowing anyone to vote in primaries regardless of party affiliation.

“For many of our complainants, to have the electoral process deprived of them, it’s devastating,” Shyla Nelson, an activist and spokeswoman for Election Justice U.S.A., told the Daily News.

New York is one of 11 states that has a closed primary system and, due to an obscure election law, voters must have been registered by November of the previous year for the party whose primary they plan to vote in — this is the earliest change-of-party deadline in the country.

“If the primary were open, this would be a non-issue for thousands of registered voters that have had this happen to them,” Nelson said. “By making the primary open, it eliminates one of the most vexing problems New Yorkers have dealt with in this primary season.

“It’s a threat to the democratic process,” he added

View Quote

Nobody believes that. These idiots changed their affiliation & didn't realize that actions have consequences...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The lawsuit is being file primarily by Sanders supporters.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly there is another lawsuit over people in CA thinking they were Independent, when there is an actual conservative party called the Independent party
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top