Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/22/2020 9:23:25 AM EDT
Just found out why my emails weren’t going through or ads weren’t posting for the last few weeks. I’m out Armslist.

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Never used it but always heard bad things.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#2]
And I somehow doubt that will slow down the scammers
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Been a long time user. Site got worse when they ditched the search function. Good thing they decided to start charging when the site was at peak un-usability and most scammers in website history. Really prime time to make people pay for such garbage.

Truly unfortunate. I used the site a ton for many years.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And I somehow doubt that will slow down the scammers
View Quote

It’ll sure as hell slow down everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
And just like that. Armslist signed their own death certificate.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
they'll sneak publish another gun classifieds website,  build a base of customers with great search features and free use then begin charging again.

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably betting on Biden winning. Lady ditch cash out before they are made illegal
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Arfcom should add a local (by state) classified section just to troll them. Arfcom could become the new Armslist with a small change.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Who wants to open a new website? I am thinking of a site that allows sellers and buyers of firearms, ammunition and firearm accessories to get together and sell their items to one another locally. We will make our money off advertising.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Look at Craigslist when they started charging $5 for private cars sales.  Dropped to nearly zero.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
That's a bummer. Armslist has its issues with scammers but I've bought and sold a lot of guns off of there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#14]
what will prevent sellers from including their phone number so non members can call them and buy without paying $6.99/month?

many already do that.

code the number format so any algorism misses it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
what will prevent sellers from including their phone number so non members can call them and buy without paying $6.99/month?

many already do that.

code the number format so any algorism misses it.
View Quote

Because you have to pay to create a listing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Guess I'm done with armslist.  Just deactivated my listings.  I got some deals on there too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I didn't see any of my listings when I logged in. I had 2 active ones. I did not try to list a new one.
View Quote

I just checked mine, I had three. Can’t see them and I’m prompted to upgrade my account status - to paying.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#20]
That explains why I haven’t even had a nibble, I must have listed some ammo just before this happened, had one inquiry about trading and that’s it. Fuck that
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That explains why I haven’t even had a nibble, I must have listed some ammo just before this happened, had one inquiry about trading and that’s it. Fuck that
View Quote

I experienced a total drop off in inquiries in the last 5 days. I had been selling stuff pretty steady for the last month or so. When another member posted about the changes to Armslist yesterday I was suspicious.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I suppose this is good from the perspective that I had an offer rejected on a piece of property and probably would have been selling a few things to raise funds for that. Now I don't have the land and also have no need to sell anything.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Arfcom should add a local (by state) classified section just to troll them. Arfcom could become the new Armslist with a small change.
View Quote

That'd be nice. Was sort of wondering if that already existed and I was missing something.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I've always had good luck selling on Armslist. Guess I won't be using it again.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Been a long time user. Site got worse when they ditched the search function. Good thing they decided to start charging when the site was at peak un-usability and most scammers in website history. Really prime time to make people pay for such garbage.

Truly unfortunate. I used the site a ton for many years.
View Quote

Fully agree. We hit peak Armslist 10 years ago. The site is In a tailspin and they’re only throttling up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#26]
So will traffic finally increase on Gunlistings? I found a few good deals over the years on that site.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I’ve actually had good “luck” using Armslist in the past. Paying for it will be a deal breaker.

Byeeeeeeee!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not such a cheap bastard that I have a problem paying for it.  The only problem is that I'm afraid they won't be around much longer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Lots of people would pay a small fee to list, but NO ONE will pay to buy or ask questions. So the pool of buyers will dry up to almost nothing, and consequently, the people willing to pay to sell won't be because there won't be any real buyers.

My guess is they'll either close their doors entirely or they'll back down in a week or so when they realize traffic is collapsing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Gunbroker is so much better than Armslist.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lots of people would pay a small fee to list, but NO ONE will pay to buy or ask questions. So the pool of buyers will dry up to almost nothing, and consequently, the people willing to pay to sell won't be because there won't be any real buyers.

My guess is they'll either close their doors entirely or they'll back down in a week or so when they realize traffic is collapsing.
View Quote

100% this. I'll wouldn't mind to pay the money. Most times that I do a deal on there I make a good chunk of money. The problem is going to be that I also believe most people aren't going to be willing to pay to be buyers. Since most of what I do really is trading into upgrades that collapses my model --- because sure I could get stuff but I don't have an unlimited budget. I have to sell the lower hanging fruit to pay for the deals of the primo stuff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck that.  I am not going to pay any fees just to ask the seller a question.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#35]
No wonder why I'm not getting any nibbles on my guns for sale. Fudge! It's bad enough they took the max listings from ten to five, then four, then three
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Sorry. I can’t read your post until you.......

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

They Kicked the "PHOTOBUCKET" so to speak...

Guess, as much as I LOVE using the E.E. here, it looks I'll have to find something else as a back up for here in the Local Area.

They Posted that they started Charging because they are involved in another lawsuit from the Brady Bunch and they have to raise $$$ for legal defense, because the ACLU sure isn't going to ride to the defense of the 1st Amendment when it involves "Icky guns" of the 2nd Amendment.

Dear Armslist User,

I hope all is well.

You may be finding yourself having some difficulty navigating the site.  We thank you for your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure in an effort to reduce scams, and improve the overall user experience.  As you may know, we are facing yet another lawsuit from the anti-gunners at Brady United.  In an effort to offset the mounting legal costs, we have created a new paid account type:  The Premium Personal Program.  While it's still in it's early stages, our roadmap for the program includes some exciting new characteristics for our users including exclusive discounts, exclusive deals, and a plethora of new site and account features in the months to come.  If you'd like to give it a try, click here.  You still are able and always will be able to browse the site for free.

Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we experience these growing pains.  We hope to offer a vastly improved experience soon.
Best,

J. Gibbon

created: 10/22/2020 6:24 PM in NEWS

Remember, the LEFT will use the Courts with these kinds of "Sue Them until they are Out of Business" bogus legal actions (LuckyGunner case is a perfect example) in their never ceasing attempt to gut & destroy the 2nd Amendment & our Rights.

Don't LIKE it, but perhaps it makes sense considering it is hard to raise money for legal defense off "Free" website...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Maybe they will then police all those listings when the price for the guns is listed as "FREE"...

Because not ONE of those "FREE" priced guns was actually priced ...  for ZERO Dollars as in "FREE"...

An "Example" of Freeeeee Guns on ArmsList (1)

An Example of "FREEEEEE" Guns on Armslist (2)

Another example of FREEEEE Guns on Armslist (3)

One of the things I hate about about that site.  

So we should all expect PROFESSIONAL Moderation and Scam Fighting if we have to PAY to Play...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Never used it but always heard bad things.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#41]
I never had any luck with armslist.  Just scams or no answers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I never had any luck with armslist.  Just scams or no answers.
View Quote

Oh man, I’ve done dozens of deals there.  Never had a problem other than a standard percentage of flaky buyers.  But I understand that not everyone has a gun buying pathology.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I can understand having a seller pay a small fee (no different that putting an ad in the paper 20 years ago) for the service of hosting and access to all those customers.

But potential buyers having to pay?  Nope.  

Also, they'd need to be able to tell me how many paying members they have. Newspapers used to share their circulation numbers, so you could judge if it was worth it or not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sold to AR pistols a few days ago. I just put my phone number in the ad.. always do. Sold in less than an hour.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gunbroker is so much better than Armslist.
View Quote

Not if you dont want to mess around with shipping.

FTF with cash is how i prefer to sell my guns.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Absolute shame. I know the horror stories but I had great luck buying from there.

But in VA its almost pointless now because of the UBC. But before that came I got several amazing AK's for rock bottom prices
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#47]
It sucks that they did this. I had a few guns I want to sell being as I'm unemployed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I sold to AR pistols a few days ago. I just put my phone number in the ad.. always do. Sold in less than an hour.
View Quote

I assume at some point though that Armslist will prohibit that, and will quickly remove ads that have a phone or email displayed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It sucks that they did this. I had a few guns I want to sell being as I'm unemployed.
View Quote

Yep, I've gotten some nice stuff on Armslist. Recently though, I've noticed that the quality of sellers has gone down too. For example, I'm seeing a lot of this:

"X gun for trade ONLY, not for sale. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in trade, so just send offers of anything interesting."

WTH is that supposed to mean?

And then this:

"Gucci Glock 19 Gen5 for sale. Also will trade for a stock Glock 19 Gen5 with cash."

So basically, you spent a ton of money customizing your Glock, realized that you didn't really get anything of value out of it, and now want someone else to pay you for your bad decision?

LOL.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That'd be nice. Was sort of wondering if that already existed and I was missing something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look under HOMETOWN shows all EE listing in your state
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top