Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw the movie and I highly approve of it... except for all the sex... It really didn't need any of it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The fact that Adam Sandler is still allowed to make movies is indicative of everything that's wrong with American cinema.

In fact, it's indicative of everything that's wrong with America, period.

I'm not a fan.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
waterboy
billy madison
happy gilmore

fuck everything else.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks about as good as that guy's dinner pic that is an absolute FAIL

Dont make me post a Dinner picture
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It looks about as funny as AIDS.

So hilarious?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It looks about as funny as AIDS.

So hilarious?

no, that thread didn't go very well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok, what gun is this?

www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/05/01/dont-mess-zohan-poster-2.jpg

Looks like an uzi bottom half and a galil upper.

I'll probally wait till video.

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 2:51:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw it last night.  Lots of shots of Sandler's naked ass.  I could have done without that.  And it dragged (the movie, not the ass), and the jokes were only funny if you had spent some time in NYC and knew some of the odd Jewish subgroups there.  And I have had enough really tedious interactions with Israelis that I don't find their behavior all that funny, and unfortunately Sandler's parody of an Israeli, well, it's possibly 10% more bizarre than a lot of Israelis I have been exposed to in NYC.

The Israeli electronic scammers are funny -- outside of the Hasidic folks, that's the only remaining bastion of Jewish organized crime left in NYC that's actually Jewish/Israeli as opposed to actually Russian with an Israeli passport.  But the stores like that which aren't fronts for organized crime as great places to get stuff that normally is not imported, like a Sony car CD player with a built-in shortwave radio tuner.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#10]
if you like sandler movies you will enjoy it, not his best, but i laughed at a lot of it.  the weapons it were not bastardizations they were, baby eagles, desert eagle in one scene, and uzis and some galil, SAR or micro.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll pass...
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think he could have picked something a little more funny than hair stylist. That's just plain un-funny.
Look up the Warren Beatty movie, Shampoo.

He’s a hair stylist who is a straight guy who screws almost every leading lady in the film.  But the men don’t feel threatened by him because they think he’s gay.
Right up until the scene where, at a party, everybody of import is sitting at a table, I forget what they were talking about, when one of the women suddenly says “I want to suck his cock” and dives under the table.  They later joked by saying that if the camera had shown what had happened under the table the movie would have grossed 20 million more dollars.

So a straight guy playing a hair stylist isn't new.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
Adam Sandler = Funny.

Adam Sandler Movies = Not Funny.

How can that be?

The golf movie was funny, when he goes ape shit after missing a putt, if you ever took golf seriously you can relate.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top