Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Always liked the Apple Dumpling Gang and have watched the Andy Griffith Show for years.  You know there really isn't any "family" programing any more.  When I grew up watching the Disney Channel back in the early 80's there was always good family movies out that were entertaining and not cheesey.  Snowball Express, Herbie, and Flubber come to mind.  Fred McMurry was one of my favorite actors growing up.  Seems like we are loosing more quality people than what we are replacing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don Knotts enlisted in the United States Army at the age of 19, serving during World War II. He served the U.S. Army honorably, and was awarded the World War II Victory Medal, Philippine Liberation Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (with 4 bronze service stars), Army Good Conduct Medal, Marksman Badge (with Carbine Bar) and Honorable Service Lapel Pin. Don Knotts was honorably discharged on January 6, 1946.

He was so much more than Barney Fife and Mr. Furley.

Fine man. Thought he was a comic genius. Never heard about his service. Even more reason to like the man.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Don Knotts was a great actor, he was espically funny in It's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad, World!  RIP!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I really liked him.  He died Saturday, Darrin McGavin (Kolchak the Nightstaker) died today.  Two great actors dead.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
images.art.com/images/-/Don-Knotts--C10042352.jpeg

You will be missed...

I've had a metal "Fife Security" sign with that photo hanging in my room for years.

He really was one of the best TV actors in the history of television shows. May he RIP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
What else can be said? A truly great entertainer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]

I really liked him in the "Shakiest Gun in the West" and the "Reluctant Astronaut" and of course the Andy Griffith Show.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I still watch the Andy Griffith show every chance I get. I was watching it the other day and my wife asked if they were still alive.

Some time back there was a thread about AIM surplus here in Ohio. I posted that I liked the autographed picture they had hanging in the waiting area. Another member posted that his sister lived in the same condominium complex Don lived in. I asked him if he would try and get me an autographed picture. He said he would try but I never heard back from him.

When my wife asked if Andy and Barney were still alive I remembered the story above. My plan was to get online this weekend and see if I could get an autographed picture before it was too late. Turns out I am too late.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[You know there really isn't any "family" programing any more.  When I grew up watching the Disney Channel back in the early 80's there was always good family movies out that were entertaining and not cheesey.  Snowball Express, Herbie, and Flubber come to mind.  

I dunno if I could say that Herbie wasn't cheesy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
RIP Mr. Limpet
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top