BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
She has my full confidence and trust.  

I've known her for 21 years.  We were together for four years, broke up for three then got back together for good.  

Been married for 11 years.

Even when we were breaking up and apart, she was honest, honorable and trustworthy.  

When she had the chance to be a prized shit, she took the high road.  That's a rare thing when a relationship goes south.

She has the combo to the safes, access to bank accounts, spare car keys, computer passwords etc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
my wife does not have it, and its not that I don't trust her but sometimes she gets very mad and its at that time I would not want her having access to a weapon.

our daughter on the other hand has had the combo since she was 9
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
She has been shown the combination on more than one occasion.
I have demonstrated how to work the combination on more than one occasion.
She could not now open any of the safes if all our lives depended on it.
Bless her heart, I love her anyway.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Not yet
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife has almost as many guns as I do.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
She doesn't but my father does and I have the combos to his safes. She could have it but really has no reason to have it. Does not live with me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes.
She also has the key to the chastity man belt and unlocks it from time to time so that I may please her,,,,
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If my wife ever turned on me, the contents of the safe are the least of my worries. I trust her with everything else, so why not that?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife holds the keys to my heart.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If my wife ever turned on me, the contents of the safe are the least of my worries. I trust her with everything else, so why not that?
Exactly.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've known her for 21 years.  We were together for four years, broke up for three then got back together for good.  

I fucking love stories like that!

Good for you, and her.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope. Because women will fook you over as soon as you do something that really pisses them off.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
My housemate, not gf (but she IS definitely female), knows where the key is to the gun room and the safe. We also have a pair of digital safe's for easy access that we both have access to. It's not uncommon for her to ask me to get something out of hers and bring it with me when headed out to meet her somewhere. Mine's pretty much empty these days but it's handy for locking up a handgun if a non gun person's coming over or children will be in the house but I don't want to take it to the gun room.

If I was going to be concerned it would be with the amount of access she has to my computers and checking account. However, I trust her in that regard and all of it's easily locked down if needed, whether from her or in general. I agree that it's a potential problem for many folks, but she and I have a lot of history together and there's a lot of trust there that goes deeper than material goods. Certainly there have been live in gf's that did NOT have that access and I have a couple friends, literally one of each gender, who I would give access without reservation if they had any need for it. One's not local, the other is perfectly well equipped and is more likely to be raiding my pantry or fridge for a snack or beer than needing one of my firearms or other resources.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've known her for 21 years. We were together for four years, broke up for three then got back together for good.

I fucking love stories like that!

Good for you, and her.

Situations like that are awesome and make great stories.

Situations like that are also the ones that hurt the most when things go tits up. (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn it dude! Why did you have to put titty sprinkles in there? It is impossible for me not to vote "titty sprinkles" . Your results may be a little skewed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My housemate, not gf (but she IS definitely female), knows where the key is to the gun room and the safe. We also have a pair of digital safe's for easy access that we both have access to. It's not uncommon for her to ask me to get something out of hers and bring it with me when headed out to meet her somewhere. Mine's pretty much empty these days but it's handy for locking up a handgun if a non gun person's coming over or children will be in the house but I don't want to take it to the gun room.

If I was going to be concerned it would be with the amount of access she has to my computers and checking account. However, I trust her in that regard and all of it's easily locked down if needed, whether from her or in general. I agree that it's a potential problem for many folks, but she and I have a lot of history together and there's a lot of trust there that goes deeper than material goods. Certainly there have been live in gf's that did NOT have that access and I have a couple friends, literally one of each gender, who I would give access without reservation if they had any need for it. One's not local, the other is perfectly well equipped and is more likely to be raiding my pantry or fridge for a snack or beer than needing one of my firearms or other resources.

So you let your GF have access to your EMPTY safe.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Girlfriend, oh Hell No.
If I had a wife, maybe.
My dad's the only one who has mine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Damn it dude! Why did you have to put titty sprinkles in there? It is impossible for me not to vote "titty sprinkles" . Your results may be a little skewed.

I'm figuring the Titty Sprinkle votes are either guys who are breast men or don't own a safe.

(Tiity Sprinkle reference was explained in an imbedded video on page one.)

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#19]
My Dad is the only other person with the combo.  I'd give it to my gf but she's not interested.  She likes to go shooting but likes me to run the show. She does have access to her own pistol though and she knows where my go to guns are throughout the house.  She doesn't currently live here (she has in the past) but is over quite a bit.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#20]
She can have it if she wants it, but she's never asked.  Had her open it one day over the phone, but I'm sure she doesn't remember the combo.  She has her own gun and isn't interested in any others.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Current girl doesn't even know I have a safe.  I'm going to help her find it either!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
No. She is not into guns. There are others kept outside the safe if she was and needed one. If she wanted a safe I would be more than happy to get her one. I don't think she would ever do anything that I would oppose to if she did have the combo. However, in the very unlikely event of a home invasion / robbery she could be forced to open the safe if she knew the combo. Though highly unlikely it is enough of a reason to share my safe combo with absolutely no one. As stated earlier nobody throws away a full gun safe, and a competent lock smith can open any safe given time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck yeah! She can shoot pistols and my ar, fairly accurately too! She is my back pack barbie and my AG!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

As stated earlier nobody throws away a full gun safe, and a competent lock smith can open any safe given time.

Exactly.

This completely and effectively counters the " How will I get in the safe if you die?" argument.

I called 2 locksmiths before I posted this thread. One required the safe be brought to them but both said they can eventually get into any safe.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Yup, her guns are in there too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#26]
She used to but I changed the combo. but she know's where the house gun is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No I never told the girlfriend the combo, and shes the one that bought the safe for me!   Good thing too, we are no longer together

This exactly and I'm from MN. Spooky..

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, she knows the combination so she can put new guns in there for me as a surprise.

She keeps her guns and our important papers in there as well.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yes.

She also has the key to the chastity man belt and unlocks it from time to time so that I may please her,,,,

I think I read your diary on usenet.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Hell, my wife likes to store a few of her valuables in my gun safe. I trust her, so no worries. If she was only my GF, I doubt I'd give her the combo.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top