Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
YES!
View Quote

I posted this in haste yesterday. Actually, the way I look at it if you just went and did it, then YES you are! If she did it first then SHE IS! and you are released from any commitments that you made and are under no obligation to respect her her feelings in any way. Which was it........Who's the POS?
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
YES!
View Quote

I posted this in haste yesterday. Actually, the way I look at it if you just went and did it, then YES you are! If she did it first then SHE IS! and you are released from any commitments that you made and are under no obligation to respect her her feelings in any way. Which was it........Who's the POS?
View Quote

It don't matter.  Two rights and all that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the vows you make to your wife are the most important vows you make in your entire life.

If you can't keep your word to the woman(or man if your a female) you love most and vowed to spend the rest of your life with, why should anyone trust you.

A person can be judged by their words and their actions.  If you show you can break what is supposed to be your most sacred promise, I think it shows that you have little integrity, and that would thus make you a POS in my book.

Granted, mistakes can happen, how you go about trying to repair them determines whether or not you can shake the title of POS.  Do it twice and your basically a POS forever.

Just my opinion!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
As I see it, it does make you an unqualified POS.

The marriage vow is made not just between man / woman, but between man / woman / family / community / God.  in light of this broad and unqualified commitment, a unique relationship is sanctioned, and breaking it entitles you to the scorn of your spouse, family, community, and God.

And, as some have noted, cheating on your spouse does not arise out of the blue.  You worked at it, formulating a relationship the culminated in infidelity.  It isn't a one-time mistake, but a pursuit mindfully continued without regard for your vows.

It's been years, but I still harbor resentment to an ex-brother-in-law that was unfaithful to my sister.  I love my niece and nephew, but I can't forgive him for the callous torment he caused my sister.

Hey, it's just my opinion, but yeah, if you cheat, you are a POS.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
YES!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't done it, never will, If I did I would label myself a POS
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
If you cheat you are a POS. Man or woman doesn't matter. The betrayal and treason that the cheater commits should be punished by death. If all cheaters were killed then it probably wouldn't happen very often. If you need to screw someone else then get a divorce. When you swear your life to someone that life should be revoked upon violation of the contract.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Guncrazy,
Are you calling for the death of half of all of the politicians in Washington D.C.? As Traitors?
I always figger marital infidelity a different category than treason. Although a spouse cheated on may think the noose is about fitting.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I have seen what cheating has done to too many relationships to even have to think about an answer: It is a definite YES.

Edited to add:
That doesn't mean the cheater is incapable of redeeming himself/herself, but it takes alot of effort and alot of time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I do not know that it would really be my place to label someone due to their actions, but...

Would somebody ask my opinion of the guy/gal in question, I would probably say that particular person is a POS. If you want to screw around, save everybody the embarrassment and get the damn devorse first....

Conduit is a perfect example of this. He keeps insisting he does not want to discuss weather he and Levy were intimate "out of respect for his wife". Had he really been concerned about showing respect for his wife, he would have ended the marriage before chasing after his intern...
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Does buying a new AR carbine and not telling wife count ?
[<]:)]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does buying a new AR carbine and not telling wife count ?
[<]:)]
View Quote

Nope  [shotgun]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Time for my $.02 on this one:

If you are in a marriage, and the wife or husband cheats, this is a sign that the marriage in question is not working, and needs are not being met.

If both sides in a marriage took the time to make sure what the partner needs(not just sex folks! You would be surprised how many reasons other than sex men/women cheat for), cheating would not be a great problem.
Took a look at any situation-let's take someone's forementioned wife who used sex as a weapon, and then took him for everything. Granted, there is guilt on his part for cheating and not standing up to her. To say all the guilt is his and say he is a POS is wrong. The wife was playing games to get her way-clearly spelt-control freak combined with the mentality of a 16 year old. What do you expect the male will do in this situation? This not only takes sex away, it crushes the male drive and makes him look elsewhere to get these needs met- a feeling of being a man(best way I could put this) and being appreciated as a person-not just a tool to get what someone wants. This is a sign that the marriage is not working, and needs to be examined.
Granted, if your partner is doing everything he/she can to make things work, and you still cheat because you don't have the guts to come foward and work things through-you are heading to POS if you are not carefull.
At that point, you have degraded yourself and violated your vows.
So what I am getting at is this-there will be men/women in marriges who will cheat on the drop of a dime for no reason-these are the POS because they should not be married in the first place!

However, in a somwhat healthy  marriage, the reasons these things happen are not just one sided. The guilt lies on both sides for not coming foward and denying the problem. If you are close to/considering cheating, I Think it's time you look at your marriag and yourself. Not just the things on the surface, the things within-figure in all factors.

*gets off of soap box*

BTW..I do not have any sort of psyc training nor a degree. I have thought this way for some time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Just for the sake of argument, if you are giving away something that she has flat out told you she doesn't want, are you really a POS? If she has found her "comfort" in something else (not necessarily another man) and left you feeling like the hired help, how wrong is it to bond to someone else who cares about you, and enjoys your "company"? If ther is no fighting, and just a platonic friendship left, is it wrong to maintain "status qou" for the sake of the kids? Just my Hummms, whats up with that????
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#18]
NEWSFLASH!!!!
JFK is already considered a POS by many!
News not at 11.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Been talking with the wife on this and I think
mine says it makes you a fu--ing asshole!
entitled to having your dick cut off.
oooowwwww   weeeeeeee!!

it's strange how any man these days that get caught cheating on his wife is considered a POS. If we look back in history, how many "great" men would stand up to todays morals on faithfulness? And does cheating on your wife negate all the great things a man does? How would Thomas Jefferson, or even JFK look in todays light?  

I've been married over 10 years and have 3 kids, I have never cheated on my wife and don't plan on starting either, because I don't do things I wouldn't want my wife to do.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Been talking with the wife on this and I think
mine says it makes you a fu--ing asshole!
entitled to having your dick cut off.
oooowwwww   weeeeeeee!!

it's strange how any man these days that get caught cheating on his wife is considered a POS. If we look back in history, how many "great" men would stand up to todays morals on faithfulness? And does cheating on your wife negate all the great things a man does? How would Thomas Jefferson, or even JFK look in todays light?  

I've been married over 10 years and have 3 kids, I have never cheated on my wife and don't plan on starting either, because I don't do things I wouldn't want my wife to do.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top