BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have been pleased with the glock mag version that I have. Not the greatest engineering masterpiece ever devised, but still a great little gun that is cheap and fun to shoot.

I was wondering if anyone has ever put some sort of a pad on the metal stock tube.... I was thinking of something like what the ACE AR15 stocks have, but just cut on the bottom to allow for the charging handle to work. Is this an idea worth considering?

There are several aftermarket parts
such as these for the Sub2K. Check
out Kel-Tec Owners Group for
details...

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Any mountain bikers / road cyclists / hikers out there?

When folded these rifles fit perfectly in a Camelback.

The one we have here has been flawless for thousands of rounds.

-Z
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very good home defence gun for those not able to use a handgun, Now if only it was available in
45 ACP.

If they do I hope they use grease gun mags.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Save your mony

Kel_Tec   = JUNK

Horse puckey.
I have 2 sub-2000s. (Ok, I have one. Wife stole the first one.) Taking 'em out shooting is like being a kid with his first .22 all over again. Light, comfortable, at least minute of paper plate accurate out to 100 yards, no real recoil, overall a great little plinker. Ammo is dirt cheap, mags are ten bucks each (S&W configuration, 17 round mags via ammoclip.com.), and the KT sling costs around ten bucks and works very well. The weapon itself is short and very manuverable indoors.

Bought the first one as a toy and novelty, not expecting any more than that from it. After at least 5000 rounds downrange out of the two of them, one is now a bedroom gun and the other is my truck gun.

Does a bad one get out of the factory occasionally? Yup. Does Kel-Tec put it right under warranty? Yup.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one in .40.  Uses Glock 22 mags.  It's a fun little carbine with the Scherrer 29 round mags.

That only thing that pisses me off is now I have to get a Glock 22 to have the carbine/pistol combo.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, I had one and it shot really good with wolf ammo! I sold it to a freind of mine. we took his 17 year old nephew out and he (the 17 year old) was getting a lot of body hits at 100 yds using iron sites. In fact I did'nt really see any holes outside the black! Good gun for the price. It used S&W M59 mags though.Either way it was a good gun. My 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A KelTec Sub2000?  and how do you like it? I was thinking about getting the 9mm and then getting a 30 round glock mag for it.

www.kel-tec.com/prod03.htm

...I just bought one from ger42.

I should be getting it Friday from my FFL, I'll let you know.

But, from reading the manual, it's a very promising firearm. Each Sub-2000 comes with a key that can lock and unlock the weapon in folded or unfolded mode. It never has to be "locked," but it can be. Also, if the firearm is locked in the folded position, it CAN NOT FIRE. Any attempt to force the weapon to unfolded mode will render it unoperational (so your kids can't use this unless you give them the key).

Also, it's about the simplest weapon I've seen. If you were to build a non-folding model, you'd only need an aluminum block and tube.

Also, don't forget, that the joules out of a Kel-Tec at 25 yards is equal to that of a .357 magnum (so therefore, it's great for home-defense). Out to 25 yards, you're basically firing a .357 magnum. Out to 200 yards, it drops off to about the strength of a .380, however.

Also, there's many accessories, rails, scope mounts, ect.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Save your mony

Kel_Tec   = JUNK

Highly disagree.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
A buddy of mine keeps his at my house. Consequently, I shoot it a good bit.

Fantastic, fantastic gun. Very very good accuracy, practically no recoil, very very reliable. I'd get one before an AR upper.

I can't recommend it enough.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had one for a year now. It's a good plinker and I haven't had one single problem with it. I only use glock factory magazines. It fits in a small gun case, which easily fits in a standard file cabinet. Four other guys I work with bought one at the same time. None of them have had any problems. For $250.00, you can't go wrong with one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I live less than 20 miles from the Kel-Tec factory, and toured it.   An impressive operation.

Their quality HAS gotten a lot better over the years.  I know of no RECENT customer of theirs who was unhappy with his purchase.

I'm waiting for the day they do an AR.

CJ

they tried it was the SU-16
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys saying they are junk, post some specific problems you personally have had?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You guys saying they are junk, post some specific problems you personally have had?

Can't help but notice most of the positive comments come from people who own and shoot the thing, while the negative comments are overly general, evidently come from people who don't have one, and provide no descriptions of any specific shortcomings.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't help but notice most of the positive comments come from people who own and shoot the thing, while the negative comments are overly general, evidently come from people who don't have one, and provide no descriptions of any specific shortcomings.

your avatiar is driving me crazy
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your avatiar is driving me crazy

me too!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#22]
How much does one of these run?   Thr su 16 also if you know?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Own one.

P226 model

Love it, great plinker

I reccomend

slip on hand grip (Handall?)
+P Ammo seems to cycle better

never get to shoot it at the range because everyone takes a liking to it
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The Subs go for around 300 bucks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sub-2000s can be bought for $250. Most run $275-300.

SU-16s run around the $400 mark, generally a little less.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I paid 390$ for my SU-16.  It's on it's second case of Wolf with no problems.  One of these days I have to get around to putting a red dot on it. The scope mount is integral to the receiver.

It's certainly not an AR,  despite the common magazine,  but it beats the hell out of a mini 14.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wow, not a single specific response. Go figure.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then save up and get a Storm. You'll be saving yourself a lot of trouble.

What trouble? I have never had a
FTF or FTE with mine. It has fired
over 500 rounds (rapid fire and slow
fire, etc) without a single hiccup.

Do you know of people who have
trouble with the Sub2000 specifically
or are your comments based on
KelTec's pistols?

Have seen a few keltec pistols that kick ass as well, its all about price some times I guess, If it's cheap it cheap shit
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top