User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:38:26 PM EDT

Doc sues restaurant for not teaching proper way to eat artichoke

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/300448

By Laura Trowbridge.

A doctor in Miami is suing a restaurant because he feels they had a
legal obligation to tell him the proper way to eat an artichoke.

Carvajal said he had "neither seen nor heard of the dish previously,
and his waiter never told him that the outside portion of the leaf is
indigestible."
He
is seeking non-specified damages for bodily injury, pain and suffering,
disability, disfigurement, mental aggravation, loss of capacity for the
enjoyment of life
, aggravation of pre-existing conditions and all
medical expenses.

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Idiot
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking beautiful!!!

The more of this shit that happens and the faster it does the better.

Bring the pain mother fuckers!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
So he had some painful poops the next day?
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The customer is always right.

And often stupid.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
What a waste of an education.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
bodily injury, pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental aggravation, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, aggravation of pre-existing conditions

WTF did he do  with the artichoke?
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Awwww somebody's a pussy.  Hell I was the dumbass trying to eat all the leaf until I realized there was a barb on the end of it after the second bite.  Plus they taste like crap if you eat the whole thing. Put me on that jury.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Gotta pay for medical school somehow. Thats like me suing a motorcycle manufacture for falling off and getting road rash.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]
does this mean I can sue Budweiser for making me sleep with ugly fat women?
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No... you thank them for that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I am put in mind of the Russian tourists earlier in the year eating crawfish for the first time...."No!!!  Don't just eat them!!  Pull 'em apart, then suck the heads and work the meat out of the tails.  NO!!  Stop that!!!  You don't just eat the darned.........oh well, whatever, enjoy, you obviously don't understand what I'm saying, and you will come to regret this moment.  My Georgian friend who speaks and understands Russian who is dieing laughing right behind me should be a clue, but you have fun with that."
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am put in mind of the Russian tourists earlier in the year eating crawfish for the first time...."No!!!  Don't just eat them!!  Pull 'em apart, then suck the heads and work the meat out of the tails.  NO!!  Stop that!!!  You don't just eat the darned.........oh well, whatever, enjoy, you obviously don't understand what I'm saying, and you will come to regret this moment.  My Georgian friend who speaks and understands Russian who is dieing laughing right behind me should be a clue, but you have fun with that."

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]
So now it's someone elses fault that you are a rube?
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"I don't understand why you people like these things", said by a tourist with an unshelled but partially chewed crawfish hanging out of her mouth
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really should have edited that––-the thing about my Georgian friend happened purely in my head, (though he really was there laughing his behind off––-Georgians don't really care for Russians, and the events of 2008 didn't exactly help,) though the rest is pretty close to the actual language used.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I don't understand why you people like these things", said by a tourist with an unshelled but partially chewed crawfish hanging out of her mouth

You mean an actual English-speaking person?  Priceless.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
This asshole doctor should be made to pay the legal fees of that restaraunt after he get's his head handed to him. Fucktard douchenozzle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean an actual English-speaking person?  Priceless.  

His quote reminds me of something I saw a year or two ago. One of my buds had a birthday and we all went out to a seafood joint to celebrate. He orders a ton of shrimp. The shrimp he ordered still had their shell and legs on em. His mom literally did not know what the hell they were, was scared of them and kinda of angry he ordered them. She'd only ever seen or eaten fried shrimp.

It would have been hilarious if they'd have had the heads still on em. I think she would have run out screaming.

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like the guy got a bowel obstruction from it.

That really sucks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#25]
And the pussification of America continues.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Not sure which is worse.  The idiot doctor that brought the suit or the moron lawyer who filed it for him.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#27]
this lawsuits in the US always made me laugh !!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:31:28 AM EDT
[#28]
clever poop thread is clever
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#29]
"It takes a sophisticated diner to be familiar with the artichoke."

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone ever told him not to eat a lobster shell? Or would people assume that he knows what the fuck he's doing if he orders one in a restaurant. Same thing here.

Case dismissed; plaintiff fined; plaintiff's attorney censured.

Court is adjourned. Bailiff, clear the courtroom.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#32]
He ate all of it?  

Knob.

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Miami. Figures. There are a ton of idiots here. I can't wait to move the fuck out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He ate all of it?  

Knob.

That's what I said.  That's some serious compulsive eating.

Man, this is horrible *crunch, grind* I can't stand this artichoke.  Oh well, better eat it anyhow.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"It takes a sophisticated diner to be familiar with the artichoke."

Riiight...and it takes a sophisticated diner to know better than to eat the silverware too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#36]
My father tells me a story that always makes me laugh..

in the late 40's, in Italy, after the war, bananas became more common in the countryside markets.. My grand mother, told my great grand mother, that she gave her children (my father and uncle) these new fruits, you know, bananas, that they were very tasty, and nutrient.. She told my great grand mother (born in 1889) to have a try at it..

couple of days later, my great grandma tells my grandma that she is crazy to give this shit to her children, that the things is nasty, and hard to chew...

She had eaten a banana without peeling it 1st..

At least she didnt sue my Grandma !
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He ate all of it?  

Knob.

That's what I said.  That's some serious compulsive eating.

Man, this is horrible *crunch, grind* I can't stand this artichoke.  Oh well, better eat it anyhow.  

Sad thing is the fucktard will likely win.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#38]
When I was a kid, we all went to eat at a mongolian BBQ style chinese restaurant where you basically pick the ingredients and have the guy cook it in front of you. When we were leaving, I recall seeing a guy who didn't realize this and was sitting at his table eating raw beef.

We drove back around to that same restaurant about 30 minutes later and I saw an ambulance outside. Not sure if related, though.

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#39]
"Mighta choked Artie, but it ain't gonna choke Stymie........."

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Idiot

This says it all.  

Does the guy eat pineapple tops and skins too?

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Idiot

And not even possible.  I love artichokes.  The leaf is very tough.  I can't imagine being able to chew one.  He must of swallowed them.  Some places will cut the tip of the leaf off to remove the barb, so it's possible they did this.

One time back in the 80's, I went over to my friends house after school.  There was a paper plate with cubes of yellow and white cheese stacked neatly with tooth picks in them sitting on the Kitchen table.  I grabbed a yellow cube and popped it in my mouth.  I knew not to eat the toothpick.  As soon as the cheese hit my mouth, I spit it out and ran for the faucet.

No amount of washing could get rid of the awful flavor.  The yellow cheese was Dial soap.

I left the rest of the cheese on the table and I never tried the white cheese.

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No amount of washing could get rid of the awful flavor.  The yellow cheese was Dial soap.

Was this a prank?
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was this a prank?

+1

WTH?
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 5:28:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it right and the women thank  YOU  for it

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#45]
So he accidentally the whole thing?

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So he accidentally negligently the whole thing?

Don't forget, on arfcom there are no accidents, only negligence
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#47]
We need loser pays here soooooo badly.

This is one of the things that give lawyers their bad reps.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not sure which is worse.  The idiot doctor that brought the suit or the moron lawyer who filed it for him.

This is ARFCOM...get both!
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Had to hurt :)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top