Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have lots of USGI crap that I use from time to time but the only thing I use daily is a helmet bag I picked up before getting out of the USAF. I use it to carry personal items (clothes, books, etc.) to and from work.

As for the poser comments directed at some members I don't have a problem with it unless somebody is trying to impersonate a military member. I look at it no differently than people wearing jerseys and hats to support their favorite sports teams. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been wearing combat boots since I was 8 years old. Right now I have 2 pairs of Bata Jungle boots dated 6/67 and 7/67 and a newer pair of Corcoran jump boots that I find to be really comfy. I also have a newer pair of M1942 paratrooper pants that I wear when I go out because they look nice and most people don't know that they aren't dress pants. I also use an old K98 bayonet from time to time to open letters and I also have a knife, fork and spoon set from WWII but they are not matching I think the knife is marked USMC and the others are just marked US and they get used quite often. Other than those I wear BDU jackets that are handed down to me when I need to wear a jacket. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
P-38 can opener

Normally wear my combat boots. I mean i paid good money for them...why wear them only when on duty? (no i don't blouse my jeans...lol)

Usually, when it's cooler out, i'll either wear my old field jacket or a gore tex parka.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:
...now how is wearing military surplus stuff "honors our military"? ...

And how does it not ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an E-tool in the tools & supplies box in my truck, a pair of Belleville ICV boots in my closet, a pair of Wiley-X XL-1 glasses and a pair of ESS ballistic goggles.  I've also got a set of BDUs (which I wear for paintball and hunting) and some web gear that's just sitting in the back of my closet.  Most was either given to me by friends and family or by my employer due to the hazards present in our test environment.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No. Not since I left the Army.

ETA I dont remember any steel toe boots in the military.

Issued item for the Navy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The people who like to are the people who haven't had to.

love my BDU"s and jungle boots!  i guess im an asshat wannabee!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#8]
this is actually topical for me.  i've been wanting a small caryall bag for a while, but i don't really care for the 1-arm backpack thing, and those laptop bags are just too big.  so i wound up going to the surplus store and getting a 3 compartment medic pouch, which is damn near perfect, except for the "MilSpec Plus" embroidery.

needless to say, that's getting picked out, and i'm getting an artist buddy of mine to "demilitarize" it, but the bag itself is great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I carry a Makarov
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
this is actually topical for me.

Don't post before having your first cup of coffee in the morning.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Only the M-79 Thumper I carry concealed.

Just kidding, I do wear BDU pants a few times a week.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Just my MARPAT undies and Navy pajamas.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I often prepare dinner using only my swiss army knife and sterno cooking fuel, and at night, you can't get me out of my mil spec boxer briefs that I wear for jammies
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Belville Desert Boots!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Not anything that I wear, but I have several surplus map cases and kit bags that I keep in the car. The map case is good for carrying mail from the PO Box, and stuff I get at gun shows, and the kit bag contains my SHTF stuff in the car.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No. Not since I left the Army.

ETA I dont remember any steel toe boots in the military.

Tank crew got some nice high-top leather steel toed boots!!!

I gave my son-in-law a pair too small for me my Step-father brought back from DS!!

I wear an Aussie boonie  all this summer!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

When I'm having a particular difficult stretch of time, I carry my grandfather's gold U.S. pin that I think would go on the either the collar or the shoulder loops of a uniform. US Army, WWII.

Makes me remember how small my problems are compared to what he had to do when he was my age.

Hell when he was 20 years old he was in the Normandy invansion, Omaha beach. My problems consist of school, women, and various music (recording, producing, performing) issues that come up.

I know that if he can do what he did, I shouldn't have any issues.

Damn. RIP Grandpa

sorry for the hijack

This is beautiful. Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#18]
M1907 sling.  Well, IT IS LEATHER AND I "WEAR" IT???
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#19]
All my work pants are BDU's,  BUD shorts on the weekend
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#20]
S.P.E.A.R. Jacket
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top