BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Society and our laws are a balance of everyone's freedoms to some degree. If you want to do anything you want to do without having to consider how those actions impact others, buy up an island and be a hermit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

Look how scary freedom is when you change 1 word
Society and our laws are a balance of everyone's freedoms to some degree. If you want to do anything you want to do without having to consider how those actions impact others, buy up an island and be a hermit
Is that how you justify your opinion that suppressors should not be more easily obtainable the the average person?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is that how you justify your opinion that suppressors should not be more easily obtainable the the average person?
View Quote
It's one facet of that, for sure.
I've also previously explained in detail that I believe that NFA process should follow the arc that concealed carry permits followed. There is still a long ways to go in expanding availability of NFA before we should think about making the approval process more simplified
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's one facet of that, for sure.
I've also previously explained in detail that I believe that NFA process should follow the arc that concealed carry permits followed. There is still a long ways to go in expanding availability of NFA before we should think about making the approval process more simplified
View Quote
Pathetic.

ETA: New York.... lol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pathetic.

ETA: New York.... lol.
View Quote
You're going to have to try harder than that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You're going to have to try harder than that.
View Quote
Try for what?  Your post says everything I need to know about you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I walk my dog with a beer in hand.

I doubt any cop is going to give enough shits to stop me
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Try for what?  Your post says everything I need to know about you.
View Quote
Which is what, exactly. What in my post was wrong. The current concealed carry permit situation didn't occur overnight. It took decades to get some form of carry permits to fifty states. Then they process of simplifying that process started.
There are still ten states that have no provision for NFA. Worry about extending NFA to those ten before working on simplified NFA for the other 40.
A few decades ago if gun owners had tried to go straight from no permits issued to constitutional carry, the effort would have gone nowhere.
My position has been explained before but in typical GD amnesia style it needs to keep being repeated
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I defy those laws.  My whole crew does.  

"medically necessary beverage" and a plain cup goes a long way.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Open container laws are bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Laws exist because people fail to regulate their own behavior.  It's a sad reality, but people just suck and alcohol makes them suck more.

Frankly, alcohol is a scourge on the world.  It causes thousands of deaths, costs fortunes to deal with the problems it creates, and drives people into the stupidest failures...DUIs, pregnancy, criminality, loss of jobs, and so on.

Utterly stupid.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Go to Nassau. All you need there is a paper bag and you can go most anywhere drinking a beer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Laws exist because people fail to regulate their own behavior.  It's a sad reality, but people just suck and alcohol makes them suck more.

Frankly, alcohol is a scourge on the world.  It causes thousands of deaths, costs fortunes to deal with the problems it creates, and drives people into the stupidest failures...DUIs, pregnancy, criminality, loss of jobs, and so on.

Utterly stupid.  
View Quote
Pregnancy is the leading cause of babies so...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We would not have those laws if it wasn't for all of the drunk drivers.
View Quote
Totally ineffective.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Utterly stupid.  
View Quote
You could be talking about .gov overreach with what is highlighted in red.........
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You could be talking about .gov overreach with what is highlighted in red.........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Utterly stupid.  
Which came first, chicken or the egg?

Either way, the issue is people are stupid.  

I wish we didn't need any laws at all...that everyone would live right, do right, and play nice...but people just don't do that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:41:56 AM EDT
[#18]
No, do not support.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:54:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Road trips in the good old days. Everyone in the car drank and the driver was limited to one per hour.
View Quote
Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I think it should really be based on the individual's level of intoxication.

If you're on beer 1 or 2 and can keep yourself composed, I don't care if you drink in public. If you're hammered, stumbling, on the verge of throwing up, the cops should be picking you up for public intoxication anyway.

I too think it's pretty ridiculous that one can't causally have a drink as soon as one walks so far as their mailbox.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Laws exist because people.....
View Quote
....fall victim to Availability Bias and the bitchy wheel gets the grease. 

It isn't any more complicated than that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We would not have those laws if it wasn't for all of the drunk drivers.
View Quote
Like the guy that ran the Stop Sign and totaled my car and gave my kid a nasty concussion.  Open Container was one of several things he got tagged with.

His family wasn't very happy.  Taking brand new (less than 1000 miles) company truck from the family business without permission.

He should probably have stayed in jail.  It didn't help that he apparently lied, or at least mislead his company lawyer.  The letter we got from her demanding we reimburse all the costs their insurance wasn't covering was comical.  Apparently he went on the cheap expecting that family members weren't going to get drunk and use company vehicles outside work.  My FiL, the lawyer responded advising that it was her client that was southbound in the truck, her client ran the stop sign and her client arrested at the scene.  He added in we were planning to sue to get a reasonable replacement to perform the things I used that car for.  We got it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I too think it's pretty ridiculous that one can't causally have a drink as soon as one walks so far as their mailbox.
View Quote
Where's your mailbox?
In the urban areas where our open container law is in effect, there are no curbside mailboxes. They're all attached to the house, usually on the front porch or inside a stairwell.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Here's not state law banning open containers even in cars that I'm aware of. Only city Laws.

Hell Missouri even has a state law banning public intoxication laws.
View Quote
It's still prohibition days in Texas. We need to desperately update our liquor laws.

See section 49.031

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.49.htm
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I do support them and the sentence should be life in prison! Well maybe just for my ex wife that got one a few months ago
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Heck I want to know why I can't buy a 12pack on my way home when I get off work at 4AM
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pour it in a McDonalds cup...problem solved.
View Quote
Put the beer in the cup and the straw into the can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Where's your mailbox?
In the urban areas where our open container law is in effect, there are no curbside mailboxes. They're all attached to the house, usually on the front porch or inside a stairwell.
View Quote
Every suburban place I've dwelled has open container laws and most mailboxes usually reside at the street. Stepping onto the sidewalk with a beer to get the mail would be a violation.

Also, getting the mail isn't the point. If I cross the street with a beer to see my neighbor, or go next door, both instances are a violation. It's a stupid law, and doesn't take context into account whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I have trouble supporting any laws any more, it only puts more $ in gov't coffers without any significant behavioral changes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Open container laws are the real reason for those insulated tumbles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No, I do not.

That said, it isn't hard to get around in TX.

1. put beer in stealth coozie

2. have locking console or some other locking box nearby to put it in.

There. Problem solved.

Always enjoy freedom responsibly.
View Quote
when I went to Texas my bro in law handed me a beer when we got in the car from the airport. I thought it was cool, but I hammered it back so I could throw the bottle out before we got out of the garage, I saw a can so I told him to stop to toss it. He said welcome to Texas, you can drink in the car as long as you aren't acting like a drunk dumbass. Everywhere we went beers were had.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top