User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My nightstand gun is my carry gun.  So, I take it with me.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I leave it there 24/7.  
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a small pistol lock box bolted to the top of my nightstand. I just lock it when I leave and unlock it when I'm home. I don't have kids so I'm not too worried about securing it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you guys leave your night stand guns, in the night stand, when you leave home?  The only gun I like left out of the safe, is the one that I'm going to be carrying.  With that being said, it has always bothered me to know there has been a gun left out at home BUT I sometimes lay down and forget to put the night stand gun in the night stand.  What do you guys do?
View Quote

Damn dude, you are seriously data mining this place the past few days.

Is all this questioning for a paper or something?

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I leave it there 24/7.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
NO.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This fits perfectly under my nightstand, with room to punch in the combo.  If you are worried about it, just leave it open and unlocked at night

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51U4R1cA39L._SX300_.jpg
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My nightstand gun is my carry gun.  So, I take it with me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, leave it there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lock them up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you guys leave your night stand guns, in the night stand, when you leave home?  The only gun I like left out of the safe, is the one that I'm going to be carrying.  With that being said, it has always bothered me to know there has been a gun left out at home BUT I sometimes lay down and forget to put the night stand gun in the night stand.  What do you guys do?

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
my nightstand gun is disposable
it's a hipoint c9
only gun I don't lock up.

not my go to gun for self defense, just the one I'll use if I can't get to the safe in the next room.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I actually leave a pistol and a rifle in the nightstand, but this is my nightstand:

Not a great safe by any stretch, but better than leaving unsecured firearms laying about the house. Access is fast if locked (but I unlock before going to bed).
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine goes into the safe.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to have a Gunvault, but I came to realize that they are untrustworthy junk.

My current nightstand safe. My nightstand gun is usually not my carry gun.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I take the light off of it and then put it in my holster.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I used to have a Gunvault, but I came to realize that they are untrustworthy junk.

http://www.locksmithsfortworth.net/images/MS1414C.png
View Quote

I found that I have to change the batteries once a year just to be safe, but that is why I unlock it before bed.  That way I'm not reliant on batteries.  The size and shape is perfect and I think it would take some work to break into one that was properly bolted down.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
nightstand gun is my EDC. Glock 23 goes with me.  If I'm going to carry my glock 27, the 23 goes in the safe.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I never leave the house without securing all my firearms in my safe.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Nighstands are either next to my bed or locked up in the safe. Any dissenters are faggots.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I leave it there 24/7.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I found that I have to change the batteries once a year just to be safe, but that is why I unlock it before bed.  That way I'm not reliant on batteries.  The size and shape is perfect and I think it would take some work to break into one that was properly bolted down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked my gunvault when I first got it, and it worked well for a couple of years. Then it started to go through batteries quickly. The low battery warning would sound after a month, and I was changing the batteries just as often. Then the low battery warning stopped working, and the thing would just go dead without warning. When I replaced it, I thought it might be better to buy something serviceable. And I wanted something that offered more room.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#26]
It goes in the safe or in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Wife has a gun in her night stand (CZ75).  It stays there 24/7.  My nighttime gun is always at least a 1-stamp, and sometimes 2-stamp NFA weapon.  It goes in the safe before we leave the house for the first time each day, at which point I get my CCW out.  At night, the CCW goes in the safe, and the nighttime gun comes out.

If our house gets robbed, the additional anguish of losing her CZ probably isn't going to be much compared to the rest of the stuff they'll get.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I really liked my gunvault when I first got it, and it worked well for a couple of years. Then it started to go through batteries quickly. The low battery warning would sound after a month, and I was changing the batteries just as often. Then the low battery warning stopped working, and the thing would just go dead without warning. When I replaced it, I thought it might be better to buy something serviceable. And I wanted something that offered more room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do have a fear of relying on batteries for something that I might absolutely need in a moments notice, because Murphys Law
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#29]
No kids...I lock my "office" door there's always guns lying on my couch of work bench...I put my bedroom rifle in my office when I leave
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#30]
No kids in the house, just a room mate.  Glock 22 w/X300u is always in my nightstand.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes. It's already in a nightstand safe.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This fits perfectly under my nightstand, with room to punch in the combo.  If you are worried about it, just leave it open and unlocked at night

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51U4R1cA39L._SX300_.jpg
View Quote

That's what I use, inverted, bolted to the nightstand. USP with light. My carry gun does not have a light and is stored in another safe *somewhere* near the entrance/exit. Two different guns for too different environments.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top