[#1]
Quoted:
"I got a woman! I got a woman, and I'm getting a blowjob tonight!!!"

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I got a woman! I got a woman, and I'm getting a blowjob tonight or a frying pan to the head!!!"

Fixed it for ya.

Added to it
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I never had a problem going to the store to buy "Man-Hole Covers" for the wife when We were married.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I am too old to be embarrassed by that stuff.

Be warned though, they come in a variety of calibers and grains, and there are significant differences in the brands.  Write it down, get a box color, and then read the box and compare with your note before you pick it off the shelf.*

I have a couple of large-ish boxes of different types in my long term preps. I figure even if the current GF is not present, making the BIL a bit more attractive to the vaginal transport creatures is a plus.

* Unless of course you are going for the "screw it up enough she won't ask again" gambit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, this thread just got me to thinking about one CRAZY college student I have in my classes.   Let's say his name is Patrick J. Fixxxxxxx.   He is one of these people who says WHATEVER pops into his head with NO thought whatsoever as to the effect of what he is saying.   He's not a mean kid, just does not have a lick of common sense.

Anyway, to the point.   Last semester, he came into class, sat down, and stated "my wife's period started this morning."   This came completely out of the blue.   As I sucked in my breath, waiting for some of my female students to react to this and run straight to the dean's office to complain or either attack Patrick, I managed to regain my balance and immediately started my lecture as if nothing had been said.   Fortunately, he didn't say anything else.   I waited for a week to be summoned to the dean's office to explain why I couldn't control my class, but apparently none of my girls felt it was worth it to complain.   They all know Patrick and how he is.   I will be very happy when he graduates and moves on.

It would not suprise me a bit if he comes into class one day and says "I had to buy my wife some tampons this morning."   If the thought pops into his head, he will blurt it out.  Believe me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seversl times. Doesn't bother me a bit. Why sholud I be embarassed? I don't have the proper "equipment" to use their products.
It is all about being secure with your manhood. Buying some feminine products won't make you less of a man. Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I have done it,no big deal
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know why girls make their guys do this. I would never make my boyfriend go buy me tampons. If I know I'm running low, I will go buy some for myself before I run out.

When you're puffy-faced, onerous, out of tampons, in your pajamas fresh out of the shower at 12:30 AM, I'm pretty sure you'd change your mind.

I needed an excuse to get out and buy something to drink anyway.

But that's the thing, I will always check after my period has ended if I still have some left. If not, I will go buy some before my next period. Why don't girls just do this? But if I'm ever in that position, if it is at all likely, I will ask my boyfriend to go buy me tampons. I also hope he stumbles on this thread so he is prepared.

Maybe once boyfriend becomes fiance he'll be more okay with it.

Not saying I wouldn't have gotten the tampons for her if she was still "girlfriend" instead of "fiancee"––Love knows no boundaries (), but that's about the time you learn it's okay to not freak out about asking "personal" favors of the non-sexual nature.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Nope never had to do that but I would think trying to figure out which box of tampons to grab would be more embarrassing than standing in line waiting to check out. Hopefully you guys who have to do this from time to time have very specific instructions and not just "Pick up a box of tampons on the way home" because you just know that is not going to end well.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope never had to do that but I would think trying to figure out which box of tampons to grab would be more embarrassing than standing in line waiting to check out. Hopefully you guys who have to do this from time to time have very specific instructions and not just "Pick up a box of tampons on the way home" because you just know that is not going to end well.

It doesn't hurt to learn what kind of tampons you need to get. Don't ask, just see what she has now, commit to memory and never be embarrassed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I've done it, I don't really think it is a big deal, now when she wants me to buy but plugs and ky jelly, I do get a little embarassed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]
All the time.  Really no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#13]
It's no big deal and I usually get a BJ for my troubles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#14]
The embarrassing part is trying to figure out which brand to get them.  Damn they can be picky.

I keep a couple twat clots and gash pads in the first aid can of my BOB.  Nothing makes you more of a hero than being able to divert an "accident".

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Wife has never asked, I've never offered...can't say I'd have to much of a problem doing it...done much more embarassing things in life.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I've already told my wife NO. No way no how.  Not gonna do it. Nope.  

I screw up mundane tasks I'm not about to piss her off anymore during "shark week"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Sure. Fact of life. Get over it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I do it and could care less.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Sure.  After 16 years of marriage it's no big deal at all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Maybe once boyfriend becomes fiance he'll be more okay with it.

Not saying I wouldn't have gotten the tampons for her if she was still "girlfriend" instead of "fiancee"––Love knows no boundaries (), but that's about the time you learn it's okay to not freak out about asking "personal" favors of the non-sexual nature.

I get what you're saying, and we've talked/joked about it, and he said he'd do it... I just don't need him to.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Picked them up for my daughter too.  

This^

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#23]
It's never bothered me. Actually, when I was first married I took a little pride in it. "Look at me. I've got a woman at my house. And we have sex sometimes."    
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

BigDozer66

Does rangermonroe know that you've been buying tampons for his daugther?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've already told my wife NO. No way no how.  Not gonna do it. Nope.  

I screw up mundane tasks I'm not about to piss her off anymore during "shark week"

Any real reason not to?

If she says "Tampax Pearl, Light, in the blue box, with plastic applicator" you can't remember that?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

BigDozer66

What a nice man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Not only do I do it for an SO but we also keep them on hand at work for employees. That and mouth wash since I work in the hospitality industry.

I always get a chuckle when I'm buying value packs of tampons and mouthwash at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Wife yes, daughters yes, and I am sure that my grandaughters will be just as air headed and i will do the same for them.  Doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Why not ? I go down there!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I was picking up that stuff for the wife when I was in new boyfriend mode.
I thought it was a test
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't find it embarrassing. I just did it the other day.  /shrug

This, no biggie
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I've done it before for my wife.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This^

BigDozer66

Another name goes on the list for my multi state killing spree.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Not yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Doesnt bother me a bit, I am pretty secure.  I always saw it as a way a saying "Thats right, I have some at home waiting on me"  Hell, I am the one who embarrasses my wife.  I have been known to toss a huge cucumber on the counter with KY lube and condoms just to watch the checkout persons face.  We have two kids but my wife tells everyone she is raising three.

Try tampons, KY, and Prep H
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I buy them every I'm at the store.  I'd like to have them on hand for my lady if the SHTF.

Can use them for bullet wounds in a pinch.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#37]
I haven't but would if needed.

I have no shame in buying LOTS of sex products at Walgreens or Wal-Mart by themselves (Box of condoms, KY, Body oil, etc). Hell, I ran into a friend from school who was at the cash register so she ended up checking us out with all of that stuff. Kinda embarrassed my wife. I sensed this so I grabbed a candybar as if to say, "see, more than just sex stuff"

I don't think Tampons/Pads would be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#38]
at least you know the guy buyin tampons is usually gettin laid
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I sensed this so I grabbed a candybar as if to say, "see, more than just sex stuff"

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread reminds me of the joke/story I read some years back:

A somewhat shy woman goes to the drug store and quietly asks the guy at the counter for tampax. The counter guy picks up the microphone and asks the stock boy over the loudspeaker if they have any tampax. The stock boy misunderstands and thinks the counter guy is asking for thumb tacks. He replies over the speaker, " Do you want the kind that you push in with your thumb or do you want the kind that you pound in with a hammer?"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

BigDozer66

......and delivered them to babysitters and friends and co-workers and.....

It is a surprising statistic that about 50% of the population is female.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#42]
i could see how a man  could be confused by the variety and brands available, but i have a feeling that men that are embarrased
by this wouldn't think twice about farting in a crowded room.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know why girls make their guys do this. I would never make my boyfriend go buy me tampons. If I know I'm running low, I will go buy some for myself before I run out.

What if he used your last one to clean his shotgun bbl?They work really well for that.

Hmmmmm, I never considered that.

I do know the pads make great field-expedient pressure bandages for your first aid kit.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Of course.  No big deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#45]
no biggy I treated it like I buy ammo
they had her "type" on sale over a year ago
apparently I bought enough for over a years supply

the one time she buys condoms the box is empty sealed from the factory that way
told her to take them back. she refused, I thought about it and figured ehh dont really want to be that guy either...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Price check on register 4, Trojan extra small condoms with half the town in line behind you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Tampons also make handy deer scent wicks.  Already have a string to tie them to a branch and everything.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Doesn't bother me.

However I do enjoy placing the most gnarly box of condoms Wal-Mart sells in random people's carts.

You M.F.er!!! I just LOLed in the middle of a meeting. You owe me a job! hahahaha
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't find it embarrassing it all. I am pretty sure the clerk knows they aren't for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#50]
When I was married, I did a couple times.  Never a big deal.  I had a moment when the ex got out of the hospital after having my daughter. Got the ex home, then went to wallyworld to pick up some items for her.  I had a couple of packages of feminine products, some preparation H, an a few other items for that part of the anatomy.  Since I'm manly, I not using a basket, I dump my armload of items on the counter an look up eye to eye w/cashier.  It was an older lady, she looked  down at my items, for @30 seconds, then she looked up at me,I was still starring at her, then I just smiled. I know she wanted to say something, but I was proud, I just got the best present, having my baby girl home safe an sound. It is no big deal.  

As a side note, that baby is now a big girl, and I just started having to buy feminine products for her.

I think a woman that's on top of things, makes sure they have what they need.  But I've known females that  make guys do this as some kind of test.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top