Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Keep it simple.  

If someone bitch slaps you, your reaction is knock the hell out of him, then are a redneck.

If someone bitch slaps you, your reaction is whine like a little girl and call 911, then you aren't.

My aunt bitch slapped a guy at the bar Friday night for touching her shoulder He had been hitting on her all night and she was sick of him.

Most guys would take that as a no.

A lot of rednecks I know  would take that as a "maybe".

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
No, but I do a pretty good impression of one. Hyuk!

This reminds me I have an idea for a good spoof ad. Anyone see those stupid "Down Range Tactical" ads in the magazines with the guys being all uber tactical on the deck of an aircraft carrier? I want to do a spoof ad with those hillbilly guys (with the one in front w/ the deluxe man-cans) in the same ad layout but call it "Down South Tactical" and the tagline will be "If you can hear 'dueling banjos', it's already too late..."
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Keep it simple.  

If someone bitch slaps you, your reaction is knock the hell out of him, then are a redneck.

If someone bitch slaps you, your reaction is whine like a little girl and call 911, then you aren't.

FUCK no. I'm no redneck, and I'd bitchslap the asshole hard enough to knock him flat on his ass. Your definition is flawed.

How 'bout, if you're a shitkicker wifebeater who wears cowboy boots and a hat you bought at a gas staion, you're a redneck. If you like Larry the Cable Guy or regularly say "git 'r dun" or some variation thereof, you're a dumb redneck. If neither of the descriptions fit you, then there's a chance you're fit to be taken into polite company.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
come end of June, take off your shirt. If your neck and forearms are red and the rest is white, there is a good chance you are a redneck.

I'm a "golfneck," then.

And to answer the OPs question: not in any way, shape, or form.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Keep it simple.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, not a redneck.
But I'm proud to be a 14th generation hillbilly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a redneck in the least. Actually, as a proud Southerner I generally dislike rednecks. They give the rest of us a bad name as rednecks are what people from other parts of the country generally envision when they hear about the South.

I have a Southern accent, yet I speak proper english. Rednecks massacre the language (Larry the Cable guy is just one example). I also read books... even when I don't have to. Rednecks have an aversion to learning (and they still don't know what al dente means).

Also, baseball caps are for kids, not adults... If you're wearing a ball cap that's from a gas station & has sweat rings then you're probably a redneck.

Being willing to fight does not make one a redneck, it makes one a man. Rednecks are generally incapable of mixing with normal civilized people & they often drink too much & get agressive (This is normal trailer park behavior).

Watch a redneck try to fix a computer sometime, it's both hilarious and somewhat sad at the same time. It comes from the common redneck attitude "Why would I need to learn about that?".

On the other hand, they are generally honest & hardworking.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

that truck looks pretty normal to me, except for the wheels... they're too shiny for my taste, should have painted it flat black.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a question to the Mods of this board.  How come someone that is African American can not be called the "N" word here, or a Latino American can not be called the "B" word, but someone like me that happens to be Appalachian American it is okay to call me a redneck and make fun of my chosen mode of transportation.  It is funny when ever someone makes fun of any other ethnic group be it the way they talk or what choose to drive, everyone screams racism and IBTL.  Double standards are unacceptable.
Just kidding if I can not laugh at my fellow rednecks what in the world can I laugh at?  People are way to P.C. and are just a little too sensitive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
For the most part
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Don't worry man, I've been called a redneck, jerk, hillbilly, assh*, etc.. by clueless women in my own damn building and I'm not even moved by it. I could care less what they think of me.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer "good ole boy."
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Ive never considered myself a redneck at all. but everyone around me does.  Just yesterday I refered to a guy who used to work with me as a "Country Fuck", everyone who heard came to the decision that I am in fact a redneck, and yes the dude in question was a country fuck.  

So anyway this long hair just cant cover up my Red neck..................................................
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't worry man, I've been called a redneck, jerk, hillbilly, assh*, etc..  I'm not even moved by it. I could care less what they think of me.

+1
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Depends on the surrounding...

Some people make me look like a nerd, others, a redneck.  Some make me look like a fucking mantastic specimen.  But thats pretty rare.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Are redneck, hillbilly and white trash all the same?

No, quite the opposite.  Go find a copy of Lewis Grizzard's "Definition of a Redneck".

Jeff Foxworthy and all his copycat trash deserve a righteous assbeating for what they have done to the word.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#17]
If one would attend a get together for shooting fun, and say wear Bibs with your pockets holding 30 rounds mags.

Would that be a Red Neck or just field expedient LBE?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#18]
lets see,

i dont own a truck...
i dont hunt(yet, need to find somone to go with and show me the ropes)
i dont own ANY gun with wood on it.
i live in CA, in the bay area none the less...

so i would say im not...  more like a gun totin, computer nerd, grease monkey.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#19]
<--- Just a country boy from the state of Tennessee.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top