Nope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do.  However, I intend to learn everything I am suppose to in order to not come back...
View Quote

You must be a buddhist :-)
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
nope (1) incarnation per customer

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Born twice...die once....
Born once....die twice....

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
In a way.  I believe that the Earth is a 'heaven' for matter.  In most of the Universe matter is either very hot, trapped in a sun, or very cold, floating in the void.  Only the basic forces of the universe exert any interest in it.

In the Earth's biosphere matter has the opportunity to flow between various states of animation.  Perhaps today it's a fish but tomorrow it's incorporated into a bird that ate the fish, etc.  This matter can act on its' environment and witness the glory of creation.  Death is but a state wherein matter is absorbed into yet another incarnation of being.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And forgive your enemies because....

Do good to those who do evil to you because.....

Do you know what happened to the Bible thanks to the Empress Theodora?

"Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord."
(Malachi 4:5)

"And the disciples asked him, saying,
'Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?'
But he answered them and said,
'Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand.' Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist."  
(Matthew 17:10-13)

Here is a clear statement of preexistence. Despite the proclamations of the Emperor Justinian and his counter reaction to Origen, there is firm and explicit testimony for preexistence in both the Old and the New Testament. Indeed, the ban against Origen notwithstanding, contemporary Christian scholarship acknowledges preexistence as one of the elements of Judeo-Christian theology.

As for the John the Baptist-Elijah episode, there can be little question as to its purpose. By identifying the Baptist as Elijah, Jesus is identifying himself as the Messiah. Throughout the gospel narrative there are explicit references to the signs that will precede the Messiah.

"Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord."

This is one of the many messianic promises of the Old Testament. One of the signs that the true Messiah has come, according to this passage from Malachi, is that he be preceded by a forerunner, by Elijah.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I am inclined to believe it.

I was once approached by a neighbor that I had never met before. She lived in the apartment above mine, and I had been acting like a jerk to her without ever actually meeting her. I didn't like her taste in music, and I let her know it by yelling stuff like STFU and "turn that shit off!" as loudly as possible through the ceiling. She would get pissed off and yell back at me. It went on like that for months. I was being a total dick, and she seemed to be getting really mad, but I just thought it was funny. One day, I guess she decided that enough was enough, and she came to my door to tell me off. I didn't even know who she was at first, because I had no idea what she looked like. She started to tell me that I was an asshole and asked me what my fucking problem was, etc. I backed down because I knew she was right. I apologized and told her that I had just been messing around, and that I wouldn't do it anymore, and that I was moving out in a few weeks anyway, so she wouldn't have to deal with me any more.

She should have stormed off after that, but for whatever reason, she didn't. We started to talk and we clicked instantly. I don't really know how to explain it. Once we started talking I immediately felt a closeness to her. Not in a stalker way or sexual way or anything like that. It was just... like I was having a conversation with a close family member that I had known forever. We talked for hours. I didn't even have to try to get along with her - I just did. It was by far the oddest and most unique encounter with a random stranger that I have ever had, but in a good, positive way.

I did move out a few weeks later, as planned. I was relocating to a place that was hundreds of miles away. I left her my number and told her to keep in touch, but pretty much left the ball in her court because I didn't want to creep her out or give the wrong idea.

That was 20 years ago. Today she is one of my closest friends, despite being several states away and us starting off being hostile and only knowing each other in person for a few weeks. We just have this connection that I can't really explain. Sometimes I tell people she is my cousin, because she is like family to me, and it is easier than explaining everything above. I am generally pretty grounded in reality, and am not a religious or spiritual person at all. If not for this experience, I would think that the whole reincarnation thing was total bullshit. But in this case, us knowing each other in a past life, like brother and sister or something, would explain a lot. I really can't think of any other way to explain it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No.

Then I heard the story of a kid who had WWII "memories".

The story was made into a book called Soul Survivor. It was heavily covered on all of the usual TV shows.

I read the book. Although the book was atrociously written, the story is haunting.

I believe.
View Quote

I have to agree the book was terribly written, but the story is very interesting.   I read a few pages of it as a preview on Amazon and was so disappointed with the poor writing that I didn't buy the book.

I've seen much of the interview footage with the family and other pilots, and found it intriguing.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
There is no reincarnation because there is no soul. Your personality structure is a grain of salt that dropped out of solution for a little while until it dissolves back in the Ocean and gains perfect understanding, being at one with the fountainhead, remembering that which it tries to forget.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't even believe in incarnation.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes you can get small bits of information in dreams, like doing things you've never done in this life but in some other place in time.

Has anyone ever dreamed they were an Indian around 1870, or maybe on a ship at sea in 1650.
As OP had thoughts of Europe in 1930- 1940's,   i have dreamed I was there on the eastern front, we were stretched very thin and getting overrun and the MG that that was to my left and higher than me fell silent. To my right no one left alive and with my gun empty I looked back left and there stood the enemy on hill 20 feet away. They Drew up their rifles  and pointed an me and that the moment I knew I was dead. And woke up with adrenaline full boar. It was so real as if I was there, it took a long time to fall back asleep that night. 30 years later I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like the idea of it and certainly don't not believe in it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sometimes you can get small bits of information in dreams, like doing things you've never done in this life but in some other place in time.

Has anyone ever dreamed they were an Indian around 1870, or maybe on a ship at sea in 1650.
As OP had thoughts of Europe in 1930- 1940's,   i have dreamed I was there on the eastern front, we were stretched very thin and getting overrun and the MG that that was to my left and higher than me fell silent. To my right no one left alive and with my gun empty I looked back left and there stood the enemy on hill 20 feet away. They Drew up their rifles  and pointed an me and that the moment I knew I was dead. And woke up with adrenaline full boar. It was so real as if I was there, it took a long time to fall back asleep that night. 30 years later I still remember it like it was yesterday.

View Quote

So you read about it, maybe watched shows about it, and then dreamed about it.  Completely normal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
No.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm a Christian and believe what I believe, but it's almost as if the soul can be transplanted into another body for whatever reason.  Like it's in limbo or something, not ready to be judged.  I don't know how to explain what I think.  Ya know?  
View Quote

These "feelings" you have are delusions, and they are intended to pry you away from Christianity and draw you into New Age philosophies and religions.

Do not pursue your interest in this.  Do not read the works of Edgar Cayce.  Do not got get yourself hypnotized and "explore" past life regressions.  Do not read the book Many Lives, Many Masters.

All of this will lead you deeper into deception.

You need to go talk to your pastor or priest and tell them that your mind is beginning to entertain flirtations with the occult--and ask your pastor or priest to pray a blessing of protection over you.

If your pastor or priest is not particularly alarmed that you are entertiaing dabbling in the occult, you may want to find yourself and your family a less clueless spiritual leader.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys, Paulo Coelho, the most prolific living author.  Check out the Aleph. A little beautiful blonde introduced me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

These "feelings" you have are delusions, and they are intended to pry you away from Christianity and draw you into New Age philosophies and religions.

Do not pursue your interest in this.  Do not read the works of Edgar Cayce.  Do not got get yourself hypnotized and "explore" past life regressions.  Do not read the book Many Lives, Many Masters.

You need to go talk to your pastor or priest and tell them that your mind is beginning to entertain flirtations with the occult--and ask your pastor or priest to pray a blessing of protection over you.

If your pastor or priest is not particularly alarmed that you are entertiaing dabbling in the occult, you may want to find yourself and your family a less clueless spiritual leader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a Christian and believe what I believe, but it's almost as if the soul can be transplanted into another body for whatever reason.  Like it's in limbo or something, not ready to be judged.  I don't know how to explain what I think.  Ya know?  

Good grief!

I'm an not at all opposed to organized religion. In fact, I generally support Christianity, although not a church-goer myself.  
Refusing to question or examine information is akin to keeping ones eyes closed so no one can see you.    

Edgar Cayce NEVER had any works, except for the hospital he built in Virginia Beach, VA.   All the books about Cayce were written by others after his death in 1945.
Cayce was a devout Christian and Sunday School teacher.  

He "stumbled" upon past lives while doing a health reading for a 4 year old child.  Cayce, in fact, was troubled by this because it was in direct conflict with what he believed.
He was excommunicated from his church and even jailed- twice.

Flirtations with the occult, you say?  
Some would say that's the pot calling the kettle black.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like the idea of it and certainly don't not believe in it.
View Quote

I believe that if dung beetles are good, they come back as crab lice. If they are bad, they come back as liberals.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As a Christian, what does the Christ say about it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Christian, what does the Christ say about it?

It was struck out of Christianity by the Council of Nicea...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#20]
No, but I sometimes have these weird flashbacks when certain songs come on the radio.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good grief!

I'm an not at all opposed to organized religion. In fact, I generally support Christianity, although not a church-goer myself.  
Refusing to question or examine information is akin to keeping ones eyes closed so no one can see you.    

Edgar Cayce NEVER had any works, except for the hospital he built in Virginia Beach, VA.   All the books about Cayce were written by others after his death in 1945.

He "stumbled" upon past lives while doing a health reading for a 4 year old child.  Cayce, in fact, was troubled by this because it was in direct conflict with what he believed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief!

The old it's the work of the Devil argument they use when their doctrine starts to break down.

Most Christian's (and I am one BTY) believe what the pastor tells them without question.  Because to question is the work of the devil.  It was interesting to discover recently that the "rapture" is not actually in the Bible and didn't enter the established doctrine until 1830.  How crazy is that?

This is why I question and believe my own way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buddhism, which believes in rebirth, is hardly a "New Age" philosophy and I am pretty sure predates Christianity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't intend for this to take on a religious or anti-Christian spin, but it is difficult to deny something that some feel that they have experienced.  At the end of the day, I live my life in a Christian manner, but also believe that God gave us thinking minds for a reason.  I have my faith and my belief in the Resurrection and believe that Jesus is my one and only Savior, but at the same time, the Word of the Bible could have some finer details missing or misinterpreted or incorrectly translated as to what the afterlife actually entails.  Perhaps reincarnation is simply one form of afterlife, good or bad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Not really, but it's fun to think about.

I want to come back as a Killer Whale.  Eatin' sharks and destroying Orca pussy all day long.  That's the life.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I believe it may one day be possible with digital memory transfer into a clone body like on Battlestar Galactica. I just hope we don't run into any genetic problems like the Asgarde.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Ya i have been dead before, lots of times, and i have also been alive before. No lie.
View Quote
Dammit, Sharon...is that you?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is strange and difficult to explain, but there are periods of time that I "feel" that I identify with, as if I've been there before.  Kind of like the feeling you get when you return home after a long period away.  For me, it's the 30's and 40's.  I'm 38 but any time I see vintage footage from that period, specifically WWII-era, and more specifically, the European theater.  It's almost as if I remember being there.  Music from that era really brings these feelings out too. I'm sure this is beyond strange to some, but I've spoken to a few others who experience similar "homesickness" for different past history.
View Quote

I did in my past life, but not so much in this one.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No hocus pocus for me.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Nah.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

~Han Solo
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I didn't intend for this to take on a religious or anti-Christian spin, but it is difficult to deny something that some feel that they have experienced.  At the end of the day, I live my life in a Christian manner, but also believe that God gave us thinking minds for a reason.  I have my faith and my belief in the Resurrection and believe that Jesus is my one and only Savior, but at the same time, the Word of the Bible could have some finer details missing or misinterpreted or incorrectly translated as to what the afterlife actually entails.  Perhaps reincarnation is simply one form of afterlife, good or bad.
View Quote

OK.  Best of luck.  

I responded to the thread because you asserted that you were a Christian, and warned you of danger as my faith obliges.

I think you are in danger--but do what you want.

Modern Christians are pretty much unequipped to deal with the supernatural, because (for the most part) they have lived their lives in an absence of signs and wonders.  

They brush up against the Spirit of Lies, and with the simplest  sleight of hand (OMG!  This fortune-teller KNEW my Granmother's NAME!) and they go rushing headlong into the trap set for them.

I'll leave you with 1 John 4

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.…
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I take the Buddhist point of view. I believe in multiple lives until after one reached enlightenment and connected with the Buddha within, then the cycle is broken.

I think there is something to it...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Reincarnation  is as likely  as any other "life-after-death" idea/mythology.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ya i have been dead before, lots of times, and i have also been alive before. No lie.

http://i.imgur.com/xRvz5LZ.jpg

Eduardo and Manuel too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top