Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear mention of it, and not just here. Unfortunately I also believe that should any such conflict actually start, it would be the end of the nation. There would be no «reset» as is so often mentioned here. You can't «reset» a shattered shell of a nation that it has weakened itself beyond its ability to fend off predatory outside forces looking to pick over the bones for their own benefit
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hear mention of it, and not just here. Unfortunately I also believe that should any such conflict actually start, it would be the end of the nation. There would be no «reset» as is so often mentioned here. You can't «reset» a shattered shell of a nation that it has weakened itself beyond its ability to fend off predatory outside forces looking to pick over the bones for their own benefit
View Quote
hear hear. The rebels would get infinite assistance from Russia and China, as it would end Pax Americana and get US out of their backyards
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd fill ditches with 80% of the U.S. population before they do it to me or my great-great-great -great grandkids, gladly.
I won't get the opportunity, and that makes about 99% of the country that would rather see me dead.

We'll never get back at least as a whole, we'll need a split, which is what certain people want in order to better control us.

Smart money is on a natural disaster or global war/nuke exchange doing the reset for us, and if that happens good luck in "Monrovia" ( see the TV series about all power going away for the refference)
I don't think I'd necessarily like Monroevia.
No would I care for the  Allied States of America ran by The Rand Corp. in Jericho.

I just want to be left the heck alone to live my life, and my heirs theirs. The best I can do is continue to work twards that goal until I die, what was the old saying? " No man is an island unto himself?

I just want to be an island...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seems like every year we have a country moving farther and farther left. Thanks to big cities we have entire apartment blocks filled with FSA stuck on the government teat and vote accordingly. I really think the only way to reset the clock a bit would be for an action by Trump or any other strong conservative leader to send the left into open rebellion. It would be messy and bloody, but only after people see the "open-minded thinkers" turn into terroistic savages, can we truly MAGA
View Quote

Apparently you've never been to the poor rural areas where everyone has guns, loves church, and is stuck on the government teat.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just want to be left the heck alone to live my life, and my heirs theirs. The best I can do is continue to work twards that goal until I die, what was the old saying? " No man is an island unto himself?

I just want to be an island...
View Quote
I doubt that you are truly a hermit willing to live without the benefits of civilization. So what you're really saying is that you want to be left alone until you need some aspect of a civilization, and when you do, you want civilization to cater to your needs and views. We'll, it doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I usually answer "No" to these sort of threads, but with the increasingly violent protests occurring, I'm seriously rethinking the likelihood of it passing a tipping point one day soon.

Too many factions seem willing to resort to violence at the drop of a hat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Why?  How about the nation needs to all moderate and meet in the middle.  

I agree, if shooting starts it will be the far left shooting first.  They have proven over the last 6 months they will riot, destroying the areas the storm through while for many years the far right pretty much behaved themselves.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do we do this poll weekly?
View Quote
Twice a week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think there's a higher likelihood of WWIII than a US Civil War II.
View Quote
This, and WWIII would probably do a better job of ridding us from the plague of liberalism than a civil war. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe this country has got to the point where all the people who would fight in a civil war have too much to lose to engage in one.  It would take a societal and/or economic breakdown of epic proportions before people would be motivated enough to go to war.  People with families, jobs, and homes wouldn't go to war unless their world fell apart.  The FSA likewise wouldn't want to give up their government provided lifestyle without a serious downturn in that lifestyle.  Political polarization between the left and the right wouldn't motivate enough people either.  An increasingly oppressive government that eventually does away with The Bill of Rights might do it.  The government will continue find ways to increase their power over the people in ways other than direct violations of The Bill of Rights.  Furthering their stranglehold on our healthcare, increasing taxation, and various programs where they dole out money to different groups of citizens.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]
When half want Hillary, and the other half want Trump... a civil war won't save us.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seems like every year we have a country moving farther and farther left. Thanks to big cities we have entire apartment blocks filled with FSA stuck on the government teat and vote accordingly. I really think the only way to reset the clock a bit would be for an action by Trump or any other strong conservative leader to send the left into open rebellion. It would be messy and bloody, but only after people see the "open-minded thinkers" turn into terroistic savages, can we truly MAGA
View Quote

post count
claim to be 16 in another thread before registering

advocating controversial proposal that a "conservative" needs to instigate the left to start a civil war - right

and several other suspicious/unusual thread topics
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This, and WWIII would probably do a better job of ridding us from the plague of liberalism than a civil war. 
View Quote
Liberalism survived the last world war.

The most notable effect of the first world war was the destruction of the social caste system in Europe.
Beyond that it was the first chance many Americans had to see a different lifestyle from what they'd grown up with.

It exposed some Americans to different ideas.

The bolt action rifle fudds love was viewed with suspicion by the American military until WW 1 exposed them to it in wider numbers. So next time a fudd rants to you about ARs being weapons of war, ask him how he likes his century old weapon of war.

The seed for the improvements to American roads was laid during WW 1 when Americans saw how the European roads were.

WW2 obviously shook things up on the world and national levels. I doubt we'd have had a desegregated military any time soon without the war.
The war dragged us out of the lingering effects of the Depression and afterwards gave us economic world superiority for decades.
A lot of American vets went to college on the GI bill who wouldn't have otherwise.

The next war...Hard to say what benefits it could bring the nation
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Republicans have held The House for years and just took the Senate and the Presidency, while at the same time, Democrats have lost over 1000 seats in state and local legislatures since 2008.  Republicans are within a state or two of being able to call an honest to God Constitutional Convention.  

Honestly, I'd ask how this is "moving left", but I really don't want to hear whatever half-baked, persecution-complex fueled justification you've built for your civil war masturbation fantasy...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like every year we have a country moving farther and farther left.

Republicans have held The House for years and just took the Senate and the Presidency, while at the same time, Democrats have lost over 1000 seats in state and local legislatures since 2008.  Republicans are within a state or two of being able to call an honest to God Constitutional Convention.  

Honestly, I'd ask how this is "moving left", but I really don't want to hear whatever half-baked, persecution-complex fueled justification you've built for your civil war masturbation fantasy...
This. How many are RINOs? Still, the America that alot of us grew up in is gone and it ain't coming back, ever. A civil war with the left won't change that. A civil war with the left would usher an even bigger police state. That's inevitable anyways. Nothing will change that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]
"Must", nah.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Distant? What is this "distant" you speak of?

It wouldn't surprise me if it lit off next week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If we ever have a civil wars based on political views I'm going to be fighting Libs and Conservatives.
View Quote
you will try
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The most notable effect of the first world war was the destruction of the social caste system in Europe.
Beyond that it was the first chance many Americans had to see a different lifestyle from what they'd grown up with.

The bolt action rifle fudds love was viewed with suspicion by the American military until WW 1 exposed them to it in wider numbers. So next time a fudd rants to you about ARs being weapons of war, ask him how he likes his century old weapon of war.

The seed for the improvements to American roads was laid during WW 1 when Americans saw how the European roads were.

WW2 obviously shook things up on the world and national levels. I doubt we'd have had a desegregated military any time soon without the war.
The war dragged us out of the lingering effects of the Depression and afterwards gave us economic world superiority for decades.
A lot of American vets went to college on the GI bill who wouldn't have otherwise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well manufacturing will come back in a big way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey first "Will we have a civil war" thread of the week! Man time flys.
View Quote
Soon to be followed by the weekly anti-boomer/ social security thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Trump meets your definition of a "strong conservative" I'm not sure which side you'd be on in your little civil war fantasy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#21]
To fully take back our freedom and put a stop to government control of fking everything, yes I believe we would have to have a hard reset.  I don't believe it's going to happen though, at least not in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#22]
How many times has this been done now
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Think about it!  This nation of over 300 million people is divided pretty much down the middle between the left and right believers.  How much would it take to silence the ones we consider as our enemies? Say killing off 10 million, 20 million, or maybe 75 or 80 million folks?  If you don't eradicate them all, the survivors will rise up again at a later time.  That's a hell of a lot of killing to do, I don't think it will ever come to that.  It would probably be better to try and learn to settle our differences by other means than to roll to violent warfare.

.........................................................................................just an old man's perspective.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I would liken the current situation to a cold civil war. The basic refusal of the average politically active person to listen to reason, to engage in debate, and be able to argue ideas without hating your opponent is dangerous. When argument and polite discourse fails, violence becomes the only tool. When combined with politically motivated riots such as whats been happening at Berkley, and the refusal of police to stop it, is even more dangerous. If political discourse continues to devolve into Weimar Republic style street fights, it's going to get ugly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point was that most of today's liberalism in the US tends only to exist in relative peace and security.  The PC / SJW / LGBTBBQWTF / chronically offended / I hate America crowd gets to be those things because they have no experience with fear and sacrifice and live oblivious to the sacrifices made by previous generations to afford them the privilege..  Much of the nonsense we see today would quickly melt away in a real war scenario, one that threatened US borders and way of life.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I think we need one, but I'm certain it won't happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I doubt that you are truly a hermit willing to live without the benefits of civilization. So what you're really saying is that you want to be left alone until you need some aspect of a civilization, and when you do, you want civilization to cater to your needs and views. We'll, it doesn't work that way.
View Quote
And why not?  If I have something to barter for what I want, in the rare event I encounter other people.....should I not be left to my own devices instead of being forced to toil for the better of others?  Sorry, but I'm no slave.

As long as I'm not stealing/raping/murdering/etc, what I do, where I live, and how much I contribute to the overall good should be defined by me.  I should not be forced, required....upon pain of death, to support something that I don't support willingly.  

Fuck your ideal of "you didn't build that."  Mine is mine is mine is mine.  I didn't do what I did for you, not for my neighbor, not for anyone except those who I CHOSE to support.  Anyone else gets to fuck off, and yes, I have a monumentally huge problem with entitlements because I'm being enslaved for their benefit.....which needs to stop......and if I could do something about it I would (but I'd lose everything in the process, fucking assholes).

Sorry, but I don't believe in liberalism in any form that requires redistribution of my wealth.  Fuck that idea and fuck anyone who supports that shit with a cactus sprouting rusty sporks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been here for fifteen years now and we have always been on the verge of a civil war during that time.

...or martial law...or race war...or an illegal third term of Clinton...or an illegal third term of Obama...

So....
View Quote
  That's a very dangerous way to think.  History is replete with evidence that when things pop off, it happens quickly.  Getting complacent killed a LOT of Jews in Europe.

State lines become less and less powerful.  California and Montana may be very different, but their power to do much about it decreases as the power of the federal level of government increases.  The "fault-lines" in society are getting more intimate and closer to our homes; inside individual cities.

If society were to become stressed enough for those fault lines to open up, it may not be between regions or states, but block by block in our own neighborhoods.  Individual states may lack the cohesion to break away from the feds, but also not have enough to go around for everyone inside the state.  If the violence becomes uncontrollable, it might not feel all that different from Mexico.

If the guy across the railroad tracks will kill us a dead as a jack-booted thug would, what difference does it make?  There are $20 Trillion reasons to keep an eye on the fragility of our society.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I do not doubt..........if lefties had complete, absolute, and unfettered power.........they would send me........and most of ARFCOM to camps.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And why not?  If I have something to barter for what I want, in the rare event I encounter other people.....should I not be left to my own devices instead of being forced to toil for the better of others?  Sorry, but I'm no slave.

As long as I'm not stealing/raping/murdering/etc, what I do, where I live, and how much I contribute to the overall good should be defined by me.  I should not be forced, required....upon pain of death, to support something that I don't support willingly.  

Fuck your ideal of "you didn't build that."  Mine is mine is mine is mine.  I didn't do what I did for you, not for my neighbor, not for anyone except those who I CHOSE to support.  Anyone else gets to fuck off, and yes, I have a monumentally huge problem with entitlements
View Quote
While I recognize the desire to be left alone except when it's convenient for you, it's not realistic in modern society. The days when you could run for the frontier as a social pressure release mechanism are gone, and even when it existed those on the frontier were still reliant on the larger society they were trying to separate themselves from
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#31]
This video shows that the left is discussing how to fight better, in these riots. To the point of talking about Guns. The left openly, including its leaders, tell people to "resistance and persistence". I've been saying for a while, this is a gap that can not be bridged.

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Democrats and Republicans play the game for the same people but wear different color uniforms. The game is fixed.
Trump is either being manipulated for the moment or is just another diversion to keep the masses glued to the game.
If the people wake up to the game being rigged they might burn the stadium down.
But most just deny the game is fixed even when they can see they are being manipulated and lied to by the game commentators, the mainstream news media.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
you will try
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we ever have a civil wars based on political views I'm going to be fighting Libs and Conservatives.
you will try
I won't have much choice.  Ls and Cs view me as a bigger threat than each other.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nobody told me that church was a requirement.  You guys are on your own for this one.
View Quote
The "conservative" part these folks usually miss is the part where they get to impose their religious morality on the rest of society. They are simply social crusaders of a slightly different flavor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#35]
In order for their to be a civil war, you need 2 sides with opposing ideals.

Hardcore Liberals and hardcore Conservatives make up a TINY portion of the U.S. population which is why politicians mostly avoid pandering to those groups.

The majority of people fall somewhere just to the left or right of middle and we laugh at the idea of the nutters starting a war.  It's hard to have a war when there's nobody on your side.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We can start with minority, women or LBGT-Q special "rights," gay marriage, abortion, federal intervention in local policing, education, contracting and could go on for pages. Non of this crap should fall within federal jurisdiction, it should all be under the individual states jurisdiction. That over time it has been taken into federal jurisdiction, in contravention of the Constitution is evidence enough of the continuing creep of leftism.
View Quote
The problem with the reality is that states for decades and in some cases centuries failed in defending civil rights for vast swaths of the population. It took the federal government to get that to change. As long as states drop the civil rights ball the next step will be relying on the federal government
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#37]
We are already in perpetual civil war at every election.

Some states are upping the ante with calling for a article V Convention of States.

If the left thwarts that effort, we may have to resort to killing at some point but civil disobedience would have to reach highs through the entire country. Right now the most liberal states are experiencing some rebels but it would have to be more states to follow that trend for this to happen.

Obama had a good start with black lives matter to a civil war but it has died down since Trump was elected. Another "obama" election and we may see it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#38]
This is based on the premise that we can agree on what "conservative principles" are.

We can't.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We are already in perpetual civil war at every election.

Some states are upping the ante with calling for a article V Convention of States.

If the left thwarts that effort, we may have to resort to killing at some point but civil disobedience would have to reach highs through the entire country. Right now the most liberal states are experiencing some rebels but it would have to be more states to follow that trend for this to happen.

Obama had a good start with black lives matter to a civil war but it has died down since Trump was elected. Another "obama" election and we may see it.
View Quote
I think there's a good chance we'll see an Article V convention called within two years for a balanced budget amendment (28 of 34 states needed for a convention call have passed applications).  If/when that happens, it will be a significant shot-across-the bow aimed right at the fed and a huge reminder of original intent/state sovereignty for the nation even if an amendment is not adopted/ratified.  If an Article V convention turns out to be just too complicated/scary for us to handle, then the republic is in for some very, very difficult times, unlike anything we've ever seen or imagined.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

post count

advocating controversial proposal that a "conservative" needs to instigate the left to start a civil war - right

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

post count

This. Literally took the words out of my mouth.

OP's trollin.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hardcore Liberals and hardcore Conservatives make up a TINY portion of the U.S. population which is why politicians mostly avoid pandering to those groups.

The majority of people fall somewhere just to the left or right of middle and we laugh at the idea of the nutters starting a war.  It's hard to have a war when there's nobody on your side.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is based on the premise that we can agree on what "conservative principles" are.

We can't.
View Quote
It's not that distant, and I doubt the end result is going to be a unified country from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Read about any empire that fell apart. It gets real messy towards the end. Walking contradictions like Milo, frog demon worshipping neo-Nazi furries arguing over whether it's okay to bang traps... Avatars of chaos everywhere. These are fell omens of things we've collectively forgotten and will repeat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump's election should convince you that everyone has some kind of "fight" in them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#44]
LOL

OP thinks Trump is a Conservative
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Trump's election should convince you that everyone has some kind of "fight" in them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's part of why hillary lost it. She ignored the middle. Everything she supported was some fringe demographic with a loud voice. Now those fringes are mad, most of the country doesn't give a shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#46]
No civil war as long as the entitlement keeps rolling in.  If they stop...Buckle up buttercup!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the Progressive Left in this country is in for a rude awakening, and not from the Right. They now have two major splinter groups in their "big tent", BLM and Muslims, who are 100% opposed to progressive ideals and will turn on them as soon as it suits them.  

BLM wants nothing to do with anyone who isn't black (most won't say this, but it's what they really think), and Muslims won't accept anyone that isn't Muslim. 

Sooner or later that conflict will happen, and when it does the Progressive Left can't survive alone. They'll either be destroyed or absorbed into one side or the other, and the only way BLM will accept whites is as slaves, and the only way Muslims will accept the Left is as converted Muslims or as slaves and of course the LGBTs will be killed. 

I think the Left, as it is now, is doomed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
  That's a very dangerous way to think.  History is replete with evidence that when things pop off, it happens quickly.  Getting complacent killed a LOT of Jews in Europe.

State lines become less and less powerful.  California and Montana may be very different, but their power to do much about it decreases as the power of the federal level of government increases.  The "fault-lines" in society are getting more intimate and closer to our homes; inside individual cities.

If society were to become stressed enough for those fault lines to open up, it may not be between regions or states, but block by block in our own neighborhoods.  Individual states may lack the cohesion to break away from the feds, but also not have enough to go around for everyone inside the state.  If the violence becomes uncontrollable, it might not feel all that different from Mexico.

If the guy across the railroad tracks will kill us a dead as a jack-booted thug would, what difference does it make?  There are $20 Trillion reasons to keep an eye on the fragility of our society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been here for fifteen years now and we have always been on the verge of a civil war during that time.

...or martial law...or race war...or an illegal third term of Clinton...or an illegal third term of Obama...

So....

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall inherit the earth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
While I recognize the desire to be left alone except when it's convenient for you, it's not realistic in modern society. The days when you could run for the frontier as a social pressure release mechanism are gone, and even when it existed those on the frontier were still reliant on the larger society they were trying to separate themselves from
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck your ideal of "you didn't build that."  Mine is mine is mine is mine.  I didn't do what I did for you, not for my neighbor, not for anyone except those who I CHOSE to support.  Anyone else gets to fuck off, and yes, I have a monumentally huge problem with entitlements
Americans are open world thinkers struggling to adapt to a closed world reality.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#50]
who's fighting who? 
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top