User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They definitely aren't supposed to man the M240B.

Our medic was doing a shift in the gun turret and a full bird COL. saw it and was less than pleased. It was the last time we let him sit up there.

Rediculous...

I find myself wondering, how the full bird knew he was a medic. We wear no designators, aside from the Combat M. or Expert Field M. badge.

To answer the question; We are well armed - personally, and by the warriors around me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There are no red, subdued or any other crosses on the "case, first aid, individual". That is because that very same case is also used as and issued with a compass. The "Combat Lifesaver's Bag" has no cross on it either. I do not recall seeing a cross on the Medic's Aid bag either. As a matter of fact, the only thing that I can think of that has a red cross on it is the HMMWV ambulance.

I don't recall seeing any crosses either. But isn't the "Combat Lifesaver Bag" issued to combatant status troops only since we are all now "Combat Lifesaver" certified. We had one in each vehicle of the convoy and anyone could use it. I believe the medic bags are larger but the old ones still have the cross. Alot of the newer ones I don't think have a cross. The most recent thing for the "Combat Lifesaver Bag" was those life or death gause things that clot blood while killing the skin in the area. Also those new turnaquits are handy with that plastic piece for tightening it down.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There are no red, subdued or any other crosses on the "case, first aid, individual". That is because that very same case is also used as and issued with a compass. The "Combat Lifesaver's Bag" has no cross on it either. I do not recall seeing a cross on the Medic's Aid bag either. As a matter of fact, the only thing that I can think of that has a red cross on it is the HMMWV ambulance.

I don't recall seeing any crosses either. But isn't the "Combat Lifesaver Bag" issued to combatant status troops only since we are all now "Combat Lifesaver" certified. We had one in each vehicle of the convoy and anyone could use it. I believe the medic bags are larger but the old ones still have the cross. Alot of the newer ones I don't think have a cross. The most recent thing for the "Combat Lifesaver Bag" was those life or death gause things that clot blood while killing the skin in the area. Also those new turnaquits are handy with that plastic piece for tightening it down.

We have some snazzy blackhawk bags, as does Ft. Sam..... FYI

It's QuikClot, lifesaver ...     - Not authorized for us yet... but highly fucking effective stuff.

Edit: maybe not  Quik... are you referring to the Israelii bandage?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have some snazzy blackhawk bags, as does Ft. Sam..... FYI

It's QuikClot, lifesaver ...     - Not authorized for us yet... but highly fucking effective stuff.

Edit: maybe not  Quik... are you referring to the Israelii bandage?

Yea the Israeli bandage was in there also. Similar to the new one basically. The Israeli bandage I think was checkered colored with a stick to twist. I can't remember the color of the new bandage but it had a black "cleat" that could be tied off with the remaining bandage in replacement of the Israeli stick.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Our Chaplin was tabbed.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Our Chaplin was tabbed.  

So was the one I talked about in my first post a page or two back.  And for a chaplain he had one hell of a salad bar on his chest.  Nicest guy I ever met.  He had some really nice and cool Weatherby Rifles too
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Our Chaplin was tabbed.  

So was the one I talked about in my first post a page or two back.  And for a chaplain he had one hell of a salad bar on his chest.  Nicest guy I ever met.  He had some really nice and cool Weatherby Rifles too

I don't know why but that really impressed the hell out of me.  Then again, we had tabbed cooks, clerks, and supply pogues too.    
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if the guy was a medic or not in the picture. I am just saying the pouches with the red cross on them made me think of the question. I was looking at tons of pictures trying to find new backgrounds. I seen several pictures of guys with these pouches.

Here is one that I had saved. This guy has one of the pouches. The reason I saved this is because the other guy looks like he is wearing one of those $15 chest rigs from Cheaper Than Dirt. My nephew has one so I sent the picture to him. What do you think, is it?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Our Chaplin was tabbed.  

I don't know why but that really impressed the hell out of me.  Then again, we had tabbed cooks, clerks, and supply pogues too.    

Cooks=Death from with in.

From the talks with this guy I'm real sure he's the real deal.  Most of what I got out of him was from an interview for a classproject.  Alot of them where floored when they found out a Catholic priest took up arms against an enamy.

Most of thoughs ass holes couldn't grasp the fact that to him, he was just defending his flock from further arms from the wolves that where circling and infletraiting the compound.

Like I said he was a real nice guy.  I just wish I knew what happened to him after we moved out of the area and change over to a civilian parish.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Did he put 20+ in?  If not, he may have returned to service.  I've heard about a couple of Chaplins who didn't dig church politics in the civilian world and decided to get back in uniform.          
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
ok.. thread shift happening.

Take the  chaplin (drink) out of this thread.  

If your chaplin (drink) was great (drink) that's fine (drink) but this th (drink) read is not about (drink) chaplins.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't mean to take away focus from you Bravos Whiskeys.    
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Did he put 20+ in?  If not, he may have returned to service.  I've heard about a couple of Chaplins who didn't dig church politics in the civilian world and decided to get back in uniform.          

When I met him he was at 26 years in.  That was back in 92'  I'm pretty sure he's out now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't mean to take away focus from you Bravos Whiskeys.    

Ok, talk about  whatever.. we'll let you live  

Edit: The Bravo was just mean...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#15]
the red crosses on those pouches probably were first aid kits.  all kinds of sops.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#16]
The individual more than likely got out a red sharpie pen, and in a burst of creativity, drew the red crosses onto his pouches.

Case closed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top