[#1]
you ask that question on arfcom?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you ask that question on arfcom?

Yeah, really.

Back to business.

That cat is probably NOT the only animal using the sandbox as a litterbox.

ALL sandboxes should be covered when not in use.

As for shooting domestic animals, it is wrong 99% of the time. Shooting the owner is generally the moral course of action. Unfortunately, it's illegal.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Paint ball gun.  Perhaps it's owners will realize that the cat is wondering where it ain't wanted.

This is actually a fun solution that worked on many of the cats with inconsiderate owners in my neighborhood. One owner later complained to another neighbor that kitty came home and made a mess all covered in some kind of goo. I thought that was funny and I was able to learn where one cat was coming from. For awhile I mined their front porch with dogshit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Live trap it and turn it over to animal control.  If you know who owns it you can turn it over to them the first time with a warning.  Havahart live traps

+1

The source of my "cat relocation program".  I used that trap about 50 times.  I just took the cats out of town and let them go.  Some states have anti-animal-dumping ordinances, so you have to watch out, but at least you won't get some piss-ant animal cruelty charge.

I did this in San Diego.  Coyotes or heat seems to take care of the cats in Tucson.  Ace sells the traps, or you can mail order them.  Worth the $$$ for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The source of my "cat relocation program".  I used that trap about 50 times.  I just took the cats out of town and let them go.  Some states have anti-animal-dumping ordinances, so you have to watch out, but at least you won't get some piss-ant animal cruelty charge.

I trapped a ferral cat at my house, and released it where I work which is 4.5 miles away.

A week later, I saw it at home again.

This time it took a ride to a dumpster in a garbage bag.

You gotta take them far from home if you don't expect them to find their way back.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]
#1 Let your neighbors know youve had enough with the cat shit in your kids sandbox.

#2 Get garden hose and hit the little shit full blast of water/Or get a big dog. My lab has put the fear of god in my neighbors cat.

#3 Call animal control and let them know there's a feral cat acting funny in your yard.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Build one of those Airsoft sentry guns.

Set it up to guard your sandbox.

Automated less-than-lethal feline perimeter defense.

ETA:

You may want to build several and set them up for interlocking fields of fire. Make sure you setup a video camera and share the wealth..

I like the mousetrap thing too. Hah!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Would you shoot a dog that was pissing on your trees?  

Call animal control.   Let them handle it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Live trap it and turn it over to animal control.  If you know who owns it you can turn it over to them the first time with a warning.  Havahart live traps

+1

I did this in San Diego.  Coyotes or heat seems to take care of the cats in Tucson.  Ace sells the traps, or you can mail order them.  Worth the $$$ for peace of mind.

Coyotes love cats.   I knew a guy in Eastern Washington that would trap feral cats and release them in a prime coyote hunting area and return the next day to hunt coyotes who had come from miles around for din-din.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Large container of paintballs (of a suitable color) and slingshot.  Killin' em kinda ends the sport of it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I called the ACO and was told that there are NO ROAMING LAWS for cats.  I was told that cats are considered natural PREDATORS and can roam free.  I asked about borrowing a trap and was no.
I asked if I got a trap and trapped it myself if I could drop the cat off at the pound and was told NO!  The pound does not house/accept cats.  This limits my options.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I called the ACO and was told that there are NO ROAMING LAWS for cats.  I was told that cats are considered natural PREDATORS and can roam free.  I asked about borrowing a trap and was no.
I asked if I got a trap and trapped it myself if I could drop the cat off at the pound and was told NO!  The pound does not house/accept cats.  This limits my options.

that only leaves one option...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that only leaves one option...

Sure seems to.  CT seems to have some fucked up animal laws.  Just be smart about how you handle this, you don't want to go broke defending yourself in court over it.  I would still use the live trap, but relocate or euthanize the animal.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Same thing they told me.  

Relocate 10+ miles.  Cats don't have good homing instincts, particularly with coyote teeth in their hide.  I never had one come back.  I would get about 3 a week for 2 weeks, then nothing.  6 months later, same story.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Squirt it with a fucking hose...99.9% of cats abhor water, and will skedaddle as soon as the water hits them.  You might have to do it once or twice, but sooner or later it'll get the message.  

Or use and air hose...cats hate loud noises too.  As soon as he associates the water blast or the noise blast with being in your yard, you're done.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Kill it. Lay it in the road and run over it with your car. Another dead cat in the road=BFD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
thats all I am saying.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, cover the cat box sand box with a piece of wood, this way the cat will just shit and piss somewhere else in your yard.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#22]
God help the birds that shit on your just-washed car.....

It it was killing your chickens maybe lethality would be the right solution....

One of the reasonable solutions here should work, like spraying with water, trapping etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Options:

1) "Dog, eat the pussy."
2) "Honey, where's my AirSoft?"
3) "Grenade!"

Cat, the other white meat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Kill it. Lay it in the road and run over it with your car. Another dead cat in the road=BFD.

Yes, give it away for free!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#25]
City slicker expected to build a sand box without the cats crapping in it?  

Cover it up.
My did got so tired of cleaning out our sand box that he took it down to bare earth and grew grass in it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Large container of paintballs (of a suitable color) and slingshot.  Killin' em kinda ends the sport of it.

Reading the all the posts to date, this one seems to be the best solution....  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top