Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 9
Next Page
8/26/2022 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much.  If you could read the whole discovery and you understand extortion to SAY it was so..  
Quote History
Quoted:



Is that true?
View Quote

8/26/2022 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thats how a plea deal work. You plea to this "whether you did that or not" and we will drop everything else.
View Quote
And they dropped a LOT. How many machineguns did this dude make? a 240b? Jesus. That ain't just a questionable bent coat hanger.
8/26/2022 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP  
8/26/2022 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:

That's the most hypocritical part. He said he didn't see them as illegal because of the 2nd ammendment... just like how how you don't have to follow an unlawful order in the military (his words)... and when it comes time to actually make that point in a courtroom, where it really matters, he takes a plea deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you threw solvant traps under the bus cause you didn't want to get the punishment for your MGs you had? Am I understanding that right? Don't throw other people under the bus when the consequences of your own actions come knocking.

That's the most hypocritical part. He said he didn't see them as illegal because of the 2nd ammendment... just like how how you don't have to follow an unlawful order in the military (his words)... and when it comes time to actually make that point in a courtroom, where it really matters, he takes a plea deal.

Yes, I'm still on page 3, but I just wanted to say, I hope the State comes after you (RogueHKMP5) when the feds are done with you


Quoted:
State did try but the feds told them back off this is my boy and you can't have him...  NOW the real issue is THEY COULD STILL CHARGE ME! thats why i cant poke the bear anymore in this thread.  i'm risking myself warning folks as it is!

Attached File
8/26/2022 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
hhfjhhcj
8/26/2022 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
So you threw solvant traps under the bus cause you didn't want to get the punishment for your MGs you had? Am I understanding that right? Don't throw other people under the bus when the consequences of your own actions come knocking.

That's the most hypocritical part. He said he didn't see them as illegal because of the 2nd ammendment... just like how how you don't have to follow an unlawful order in the military (his words)... and when it comes time to actually make that point in a courtroom, where it really matters, he takes a plea deal.


8/26/2022 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:
Anyone who blames this man for doing what he did, who is a victim of our out of control federal THUGS, is no better than a liberal blaming the firearm instead of the murder.
View Quote


Fuck that. If you are going to do willful violations, and justify it because "muh principles", you damn well better be willing to either take the shit to trial (like CRS Firearms). At least that route, while reckless and not something I would advise anyone to do, demands a modicum of respect. Hell, guntube Fred Durst might have trolled the AFT into the case that might get the Hughes Amendment or even the whole NFA tossed. (Maybe, maybe not. I would bet on him doing time instead)

Me personally, I gave the Treasury department their $200 for the can I want (Form 4) and another $200 (Form 1) for the gun they currently consider a pistol but they are debating deciding ain't actually. It's $200 ea. I can afford $200 ea. I can't afford whatever it would cost to roll the dice on maybe being case law famous and a 2A hero, and I have a family that needs me.

Anyway, here's a playlist for people to read this thread to.

playlist
8/26/2022 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Look they were going to charge me with the 1000 "silencers" found at DM.  Insuring a life sentence .  I had a shit PD attorney and no where to go.  As my attorney father put it..  "Nick NOT EVEN PARRY MASON COULD GET YOU OUT OF THIS"

I also have a family that needs me.  I'm driving a dump truck
8/26/2022 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History


This post is the poorest display of self-awareness I've ever seen posted on the internet.
8/26/2022 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:


In the plea agreement, the defendants all agreed the purpose of the solvent trap was to secretly sell silencers without following the law.

Therefore, the intended purpose was to be silencers.
View Quote



My question is, if it's legal to form 1 a suppressor and make it yourself, why couldn't a company like this just sell the materials necessary to make a form 1 suppressor?

Under this model couldn't aft arrest someone selling any piece of steel that could be turned into a suppressor?

They weren't selling already made cans were they?
8/26/2022 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:


This post is the poorest display of self-awareness I've ever seen posted on the internet.
View Quote


It should be a run-over snake with tire prints for Nick’s flag.
8/26/2022 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:



My question is, if it's legal to form 1 a suppressor and make it yourself, why couldn't a company like this just sell the materials necessary to make a form 1 suppressor?

Under this model couldn't aft arrest someone selling any piece of steel that could be turned into a suppressor?

They weren't selling already made cans were they?
View Quote


It sets a precedent under which a sleezy enough prosecutor could argue selling an empty coke bottle to someone with an unused Form 1 stamp is in violations.
8/26/2022 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
nope..  just  these  
8/26/2022 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:


It should be a run-over snake with tire prints for Nick’s flag.
View Quote



or one could decide to troll a bit because well..  i'm eating popcorn
8/26/2022 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Attached File
8/26/2022 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thats how a plea deal work. You plea to this "whether you did that or not" and we will drop everything else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did the solvent traps work good for their intended purpose of trapping solvents?


In the plea agreement, the defendants all agreed the purpose of the solvent trap was to secretly sell silencers without following the law.

Therefore, the intended purpose was to be silencers.



Is that true?
Thats how a plea deal work. You plea to this "whether you did that or not" and we will drop everything else.



Were they really just silencers?
8/26/2022 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Quoted:
Pretty much.  If you could read the whole discovery and you understand extortion to SAY it was so..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9fRy0mWNQ

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Pretty much.  If you could read the whole discovery and you understand extortion to SAY it was so..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9fRy0mWNQ
Quoted:



Is that true?




So it really was a ruse to make silencers?
8/26/2022 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
It is unfortunate that many citizens are so distrustful of law enforcement that even postings like the OP in this thread are view with skepticism.   People wonder if the OP is true/genuine, or if it is merely a planted lie designed to intimidate or manipulate people.
View Quote

Welcome to Biden's America
But at least there's no mean tweets.
8/26/2022 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#19]
A 240B lol nice.

So they just showed up one day and took all your stuff and that's the first you knew you were in some deep shit?
8/26/2022 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#20]
unfucking believable we are living in the most screwed up clown world I've seen in my 65 years.

Politicians openly breaking the law condemning the courts ignoring the constitution.
opening up our borders disobeying their oath to our country.
FBI making shit up suppressing information on criminal activity with out any consequences.
ATF making it own laws and attacking people over a suppressor or MG.
I can only hope I see the day a couple 100 million people tell all of them to fuck off your fired
8/26/2022 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I was listening to a podcast the other day where a guy was talking about how his near death experience (he was shot a dozen times, including in the face, at basically arms length with a PKM). All he could think about while he was laying there, bleeding out, expecting to die, was his family. He realized that none of this shit we possess matters when you die. Look at all this shit OP had in his collection that he was in trouble for. For what? Not because "muh principles". That reasoning is demonstrably bullshit. No, just because its cool. For the same reason people want 10 cars or a ridiculous mansion like those gay magicians that died recently. You know where all those guns were going to go after OP died, assuming he didn't get caught? Exactly where they are now. Into an evidence locker and eventually fed to Captain Crunch. In the end, only worth their value at a scrap yard.

And now thousands of people are going to get visited by an agency that has already proven they will shoot your dog, your son, your wife, and burn your whole church down with your whole congregation inside, over $200 they think you owe them. All because OP wanted to have worldly possessions for the same reasons that monkeys at the zoo steal people's sunglasses and shit.
8/26/2022 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:



My question is, if it's legal to form 1 a suppressor and make it yourself, why couldn't a company like this just sell the materials necessary to make a form 1 suppressor?

Under this model couldn't aft arrest someone selling any piece of steel that could be turned into a suppressor?

They weren't selling already made cans were they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:


In the plea agreement, the defendants all agreed the purpose of the solvent trap was to secretly sell silencers without following the law.

Therefore, the intended purpose was to be silencers.



My question is, if it's legal to form 1 a suppressor and make it yourself, why couldn't a company like this just sell the materials necessary to make a form 1 suppressor?

Under this model couldn't aft arrest someone selling any piece of steel that could be turned into a suppressor?

They weren't selling already made cans were they?


Imagine you make moonshine, but its illegal to make or sell without a license, inspections, and paying taxes. But you're all like fuck that, I'm a real gangtsa. And while you were developing the moonshine recipe, you and your buddies texted back and forth about how good it tastes, and how many other people like it, and what can you do to enhance the flavor, and what kind of stupid fruits and shit you should put in it. Then when you got a good recipe, you sold the moonshine, but told people it was hand sanitizer. And on the bottle you wrote "you totally shouldn't drink this because it'll get you drunk, and if you like the flavor, tell your friends they totally shouldn't drink it either, because this is hand sanitizer and totally not 160 proof moonshine."
8/26/2022 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I remember an expression from the military: "Execute one, educate a thousand".

That's what they did to you, OP, they ruined you as an example.
8/26/2022 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:



Were they really just silencers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did the solvent traps work good for their intended purpose of trapping solvents?


In the plea agreement, the defendants all agreed the purpose of the solvent trap was to secretly sell silencers without following the law.

Therefore, the intended purpose was to be silencers.



Is that true?
Thats how a plea deal work. You plea to this "whether you did that or not" and we will drop everything else.



Were they really just silencers?

That problem with DM is the they were working with someone who was making them into silencers and giving them feedback for improvements, so there went their plausible deniability when it comes to the products they were making.

That said, fuck be upon the AFT.
8/26/2022 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Quoted:
Greetings fellow non-firearms firearms enthusiast.
View Quote


Probably a former enthusiast.
8/26/2022 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
@Shenanigunz

You beat me to it!!      

https://i.ibb.co/nB6BYxD/IMG-20220826-185959902.jpg


I had an SB tactical pistol braced ar15 .. they took that  also.. along with my $700 aimpoint T2
View Quote


Why does that document have “Nick” instead of “Nicholas”?
8/26/2022 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:


Probably a former enthusiast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greetings fellow non-firearms firearms enthusiast.


Probably a former enthusiast.


Current black powder enthusiast.
8/26/2022 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
Look they were going to charge me with the 1000 "silencers" found at DM.  Insuring a life sentence .  I had a shit PD attorney and no where to go.  As my attorney father put it..  "Nick NOT EVEN PARRY MASON COULD GET YOU OUT OF THIS"

I also have a family that needs me.  I'm driving a dump truck
View Quote


Attached File
8/26/2022 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:



or one could decide to troll a bit because well..  i'm eating popcorn
View Quote

I wasn’t trying to troll you, I was just observing it’s a little too late for you to post that, you’ve already been trod on… hard.
8/26/2022 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't blame you OP most of the people on this site would have done the same as you.
8/26/2022 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History


Based on this I hereby retract my previous statements expressing doubt about the details of the OP's story.

I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors, Mr. Logan, and am sorry that you have become a convicted felon.
8/26/2022 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you for selling everyone out to save your own ass.
8/26/2022 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Quoted:


This post is the poorest display of self-awareness I've ever seen posted on the internet.
View Quote


Fr fr
8/26/2022 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Two cylindrical pieces of metal.

Lol
8/26/2022 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Tagd
8/26/2022 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:
Very informative, thank you.  Just do what the people who hate you want and they'll go away.
View Quote

This is the guy who thinks suppressors being on the NFA is a good thing, so it’s about par for the course.
8/26/2022 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Quoted:



I think he means cooperate or do 40 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
In!

Not sure what you mean by this?

I have a family am a father and it was coop or 40+ years.



I think he means cooperate or do 40 years.


Basically he gave up every single person/sale/receipt to the FUCK THE ATF in order to not do the time.
8/26/2022 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try Nicholas   num nuts

Quoted:



Don’t bite the bait

That name op posted does not pull up on justia searches of federal cases

Anyone got access to pacer to run a search there also

Give it a whirl for yourself https://dockets.justia.com/search?parties=Nick+Logan&cases=mostrecent&sort-by-last-update=false


https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/519336/B1FFCA15-8DD5-4540-976D-BCB7EFFBB7E7-2503945.png




Might as well call yourself Hunter Biden

Cause Nichols don’t pull up either

And you can take your insult and shove it up your ass fed boy


There are a bunch of articles out there on it:

https://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw-bay-city/2022/01/federal-indictment-says-michigan-man-two-others-made-and-sold-illegal-gun-silencers.html

https://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw-bay-city/2022/05/michigan-man-pleads-to-federal-crime-of-selling-1-million-in-illegal-gun-silencers-online.html



So these geniuses decided to sell, “hee hee” solvent traps

8/26/2022 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:
Here's how the system worked for me.    Couldn't afford a real attorney besides my father who is one but not federal and out of state and on his advice got a Federal public defender who on my first contact call with him told me I'm guilty..  Agreed to all that ASUS wanted..   I was on pretrial probation release. with my house as collateral $10000 bond.  Your basicly on probation without being on probation they won't call it that but you gotta report. I didn't know this until I had to do it such BS basically convicted before being convicted..   Outcome 50% reduction in sentence for cooperation no prison time and can move on with my life if I complete my probation with no violations(which can be made hard if you have someone who may want you to fail)  

View Quote

You've been here 12 years and didn't know that some of the top firearms attorneys in the country are members?
8/26/2022 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]
It means the prosecution filed a 5k1.1 because he cooperated with authorities. Turned over info and “snitched”. Usually it’s the only way to get under a man-min sentence. The deck is stacked.



Quote History
Quoted:
In!

Not sure what you mean by this?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
In!

Not sure what you mean by this?

I have a family am a father and it was coop or 40+ years.

8/26/2022 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Now having all the details, I'm really struggling to understand the point of this thread.

Eta - especially if it potentially puts OPs probation in jeopardy.
8/26/2022 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:
Here's how the system worked for me.    Couldn't afford a real attorney besides my father who is one but not federal and out of state and on his advice got a Federal public defender who on my first contact call with him told me I'm guilty..  Agreed to all that ASUS wanted..   I was on pretrial probation release. with my house as collateral $10000 bond.  Your basicly on probation without being on probation they won't call it that but you gotta report. I didn't know this until I had to do it such BS basically convicted before being convicted..   Outcome 50% reduction in sentence for cooperation no prison time and can move on with my life if I complete my probation with no violations(which can be made hard if you have someone who may want you to fail)  

View Quote


Just wait until they charge you for violating Illinois law for possession of all those fun things, then violate your probation for being arrested again and get to put you in prison for the full 40 plus have your snitchery on paper.

$5 says that's how this ends up.
8/26/2022 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History



You took a plea. You've been treaded on.
8/26/2022 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#44]
So you made a bunch of machine guns because of your political beliefs but when challenged on those beliefs by authorities instead of making a stand you threw everyone you could find under the bus to try and save yourself and testified to whatever they wanted?


I was reading the thread thinking about all of the different organizations that would have bankrolled you and provided top 2A lawyers. Then I got to the part where you really got caught for having machine guns and the defensive strategy was to throw DM under the bus for a plea deal.
8/26/2022 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:


Fr fr
View Quote


??
8/26/2022 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:
Ok so good lucky with the rest of the thread and feel free to flame me..  I know I DID for a long time standing up on a bucket with a noose around my own neck in my garage.
View Quote



well glad you didnt go through with that...

sucks that you were even in that position.  

the folks we whould be mad athere  is the back n forth "GOTCHAS!" from the gubbmint...

80% is not a gun

no neverimind

solvent traps are not silencers

oops nvm

bump stocks are ok

oooooh too scary

arm braces are not stocks

whooooopsies!



atlas is gonna shrug!
8/26/2022 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Before I go into why I made this thread.  Thank you @brasscrossedrifles!!  You said it best.  I for over 20 years had something I thought was cool and owned it because it was cool. I also watched redman's story.      I was wrong.  I know that now and it took my family being traumatized for me to figure that out.   EVERYTHING IS MY FAULT.   My little boy will always remember the big bad guys with guns that came into our home and tremble when someone knocks loud on the door.  I did that. I gotta live with that.  My wife, she will remember being almost hit in the face by the door when the battering ram hit the door and she was trying to answer the loud knocks that she didn't hear at first because she's hearing impaired.  This is all my fault for taking this stupid ass remote part-time job just to have A JOB so I could continue to put food on the table for my family.  To me this is a story to all the others like me that have this stuff.   THINK  MORE

I asked my attorney about talking about this.  He said it was my 1st amendment right and nothing I can say isn't public information..   We shall see..

The real reason that I made this post is I wanted to see how many folks would just throw me under the bus thinking I threw them under the bus when all I did was literally say YES to one question.   They have divided us that much to the point we've already lost but we don't know it.  

I ask you this question:

People who say they are for freedom and the 2nd are willing to get all gungho and say I was doing something wrong.  If the 2nd is absolute like folks think it is how was I wrong in owning what I did?   Did I have a real choice to not give up? Do I go all rambo and on accident fill my little boy watching bugs bunny full of holes while trying to kill LEO's  because I'm nutzo? Do you try to kill a bunch of cops many of whom were former Military like me with little boys too?   FUCK NO...    Where does that end?  I've thought about all this day in and day out and it's not good guys.  The bravado doesn't get you anywhere except dead and your family dead with your house on fire and more family lives ruined and all because you thought something was cool.  For a collection.   I WAS WRONG and I'll live with it for the rest of my life.

 I did NOT provide names,addresses ect because I've never set foot inside DM's machine shed that I thought was a commercial building! I'm just in the dark as you guys about all that.  I do however have a discovery paper thats over 1200 pages long that shows my co-defendants we conspiring to make silencers and upgrade the kits they sell by testing said kits along with one of the defendants posting VIDEOS on youtube of him doing so.  

If you want to make real change stop the division it's all by design.


Quote History
Quoted:

It means the prosecution filed a 5k1.1 because he cooperated with authorities. Turned over info and “snitched”. Usually it’s the only way to get under a man-min sentence. The deck is stacked.




View Quote

8/26/2022 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Why didn't you just fight the MG charges in light of Bruen? How many gun rights groups known for providing legal defense did you reach out to before you made your deal?
8/26/2022 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I didn't have time ..  They had me in cuffs in a truck with the AUSA on the phone.   I'm had no clue how to proceed and I had my father who's an attorney there with me telling me Perry Mason couldn't get me out of dodge and I was fucked.  He's one of those guys thats rarely ever wrong.  Both attorneys from the PD side to the AUSA side said my father saved my life that day and I believe them because of how hard they pressed.  I'm convicted..    Bruen doesn't help me  which is BS!   I wish I could of called GOA or someone else.  I was allowed one call and my called my father.

Quote History
Quoted:
Why didn't you just fight the MG charges in light of Bruen? How many gun rights groups known for providing legal defense did you reach out to before you made your deal?
View Quote

8/26/2022 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History



Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 9
Next Page