Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw the movie. my review--. clear enough? You'll come out thinking the same thing as Attack of the clones, "woah, stupid story, but that Yoda duel scene was WAAAY cool!"

Without a good story all movies no matter the special effects are total crap!! This latest trilogy proves it! I know a lot of the Star wars geeks are trying to hype it saying, oh wow a return to the basics! meanwhile they loved Ep 1&2 anyway, and think it was a shame Jar-jar was axed! These people just can't accept the fact that Lucas or star wars could ever be bad EVER! But I say show me the money. Episode 2 only made 400 mil. Which as summer blockbusters go was a failure. we'll see how much this rakes in after 8 weeks.
I will say this, out of the new three it was the best. If you in any way liked the last two you probably will like this one. If you thought the others were crap, save your money and watch it on  DVD.

opps- ETA- That whole Anti-Bush, I dont see it. At most there were two lines in the whole movie that could be thought of as anti-Bush. the thuderous aplause  one and the "you're either with me or against me" one. But it was a really lame connection at best. I did'nt some out thinking "wow, Bush is DARTH VADER!" i mean come on we all know Cheney is Darth!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw the movie. my review--. clear enough? You'll come out thinking the same thing as Attack of the clones, "woah, stupid story, but that Yoda duel scene was WAAAY cool!"

Without a good story all movies no matter the special effects are total crap!! This latest trilogy proves it! I know a lot of the Star wars geeks are trying to hype it saying, oh wow a return to the basics! meanwhile they loved Ep 1&2 anyway, and think it was a shame Jar-jar was axed! These people just can't accept the fact that Lucas or star wars could ever be bad EVER! But I say show me the money. Episode 2 only made 400 mil. Which as summer blockbusters go was a failure. we'll see how much this rakes in after 8 weeks.
I will say this, out of the new three it was the best. If you in any way liked the last two you probably will like this one. If you thought the others were crap, save your money and watch it on  DVD.

opps- ETA- That whole Anti-Bush, I dont see it. At most there were two lines in the whole movie that could be thought of as anti-Bush. the thuderous aplause  one and the "you're either with me or against me" one. But it was a really lame connection at best. I did'nt some out thinking "wow, Bush is DARTH VADER!" i mean come on we all know Cheney is Darth!

Spot on…

In 5 years after they get by the hype a lot of people are re-watch this movie and wonder why they thought it was so good before.

This movie while better than episodes 1 & 2 (and that is no great accomplishment) has none of the wit, charm, enthusiasm, crispness, and heart of the original 3 movies. It is a empty shell.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Han Solo shot first!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Annakin- if you are not with me, then you are my enemy [sound familiar?]

Yep, an absolutism
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hasn't anyone even notice that GL changed the name of the bad guys from the Empire to the Republic!

Good grief  - your nerd-fu is weak, my friend!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You are all incredibly retarded.

Go beat off to Michael Savage and Rush for your entertainment.

Even the slightest tinge of not toeing the super-conservative party line and all of a sudden Star Wars is apparently an attempt to create a Soviet Amerika.

Let me clue you jackasses in - George Lucas does not really have a political agenda in his movies.  Do you know why? Because George Lucas wants to make a FUCKLOAD of money.  YOU CAN'T DO THAT if half of the country hates you for having a different opinion.

SW3 is breaking pretty much every box office record there is at this point, so lets look at the scoreboard:

GL - lots of money
You - panties in a twist, angry and bitter

George Lucas wins!

STFU.

Thatisall.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#7]

SW3 is breaking pretty much every box office record there is at this point, so lets look at the scoreboard:

GL - lots of money

George Lucas wins!

STFU.

Thatisall.

Not really true. People don't seem to remember that there is this thing called Consumer price index! Meaning a movie ticket costs a lot more in 2005 than it did in 1977. So yeah sure they are making more money (gross) but adjusting for inflation and for population growth the number of people who saw ROTS is no more than previous movies. In fact If you use a proper index, Episode 1 only ranks like 30th in all time movie box office and Episode 2 is even less. The number one movie of all time? Gone with the wind! who'd a thunk it? Oh and episode 4 comes in at #2 of all time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Han Solo shot first!

Preach it!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Han Solo shot first!

www.wildyams.com/blog/archives/hanshotfirst.jpg

Preach it!!

He re "fixed' in the DVD release.

Now it's like it originaly was with Han shooting first.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This movie was made with a apparent political agenda!

I dissagree.  The movie fit the story that started 20+ years ago.  I have seen several stories trying to draw parallels between the movie and current politics but I have avoided every one.

+1 "they" said the same thing about Lord of the Rings.

People NEED to get a LIFE!!!! it is only a movie!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
he is referring to the bushisms contained in the film. Such as

Padme -'this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause'.

Obi Wan - [throwing down his blaster] "so uncivilized". Meaning guns are bad.
Annakin- if you are not with me, then you are my enemy [sound familiar?]

Obi Wan said things of the same effect in ANH.  Doesn't mean nothin'

Yep, he calls blasters "clumsy" & that was back in '77.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
It is just a movie

And if it does have such a profound effect  Good, Let them go Democrap  The DNC is for weakminded trendo followers
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You are all incredibly retarded.

Go beat off to Michael Savage and Rush for your entertainment.

Even the slightest tinge of not toeing the super-conservative party line and all of a sudden Star Wars is apparently an attempt to create a Soviet Amerika.

Let me clue you jackasses in - George Lucas does not really have a political agenda in his movies.  Do you know why? Because George Lucas wants to make a FUCKLOAD of money.  YOU CAN'T DO THAT if half of the country hates you for having a different opinion.

GL - lots of money

George Lucas wins!

STFU.

Thatisall.

Really!!!(YOU CAN'T DO THAT if half of the country hates you for having a different opinion.)

Than how do you explain Michael Moore?
Remember his movie (Fahrenheit 9/11)
Half the country hates him, However the
Domestic Total Gross:of his movie is $119,194,771

I do believe the incredibly retard is in your mirror!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This movie was made with a apparent political agenda!

sounds like a bunch of Republicans have a guilty concious or something...

sounds like a bunch of hollywood liberals are using subliminal messages in thier movies to push thier agenda!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Lucas wrote those lines before Bush said them, at least that was what he told reporters.

Wrong!!!
He wrote the story back then, not the dialog!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't think when George Lucas made Star Wars in the 70's that he was trying to make a political statement....he was trying to make a good movie.

This is correct for the first SW movies, But
this last movie was very political!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know all this political agenda in Star Wars..

It's a movie....if people want to turn it into something, then let them...but it's still just a movie.

This reminds me of the people who see the virgin Mary on a piece of toast.....you can make yourself believe anything you want if you try hard enough.

Yea right

If it just a movie explain why MoveOn.org is using it as a vehicle for political attacks.

Lucas has admitted as much.

Because the Lefty Loonies at MoveOn.org see everything as a vehicle for political attacks, from Star Wars to tea leaves to the skidmarks on their own underwear.

Lucas is a dipshit, but I could just as easily make the parallel that the movie says "Big Government is bad"

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, a movie is just a movie.

And this was a mediocre one.

SG
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, a movie just a movie.

SG

Have you seen this movie?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, a movie just a movie.

SG

Have you seen this movie?

As a matter of fact, I have.

Decent effects, some reaaly good fight scenes and the worst writing ever.

Best part of the whole movie was Natalie Portman's character kicking off. Only wish it had happened earlier in the movie so I wouldn't have had to watch her horrendously awful acting. I have baseball bats that are less wooden than she is.

The whole "rebuilding of charred-fu grip Anakin into Darth Vader" scene was about the lamest thing I've seen in a while, and the penultimate badass Darth Vader screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when finding out that his wife, the worst actress in the galaxy, had kicked off whilst he was busy gettin' his legs chopped off was just awful.

All in all, it was a fun way to tune out for 142 minutes, but high cinema or an indictment of our political time it wasn't.

It was simply a very middle of the road, overhyped but entertaining movie.

Nothing more.

SG
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
an indictment of our political time it wasn't.

SG

Padme -'this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause'.

Obi Wan - [throwing down his blaster] "so uncivilized". Meaning guns are bad.

Annakin- if you are not with me, then you are my enemy [sound familiar?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I never said that this movie sucked as far as being entertaining!
I am just saying that this movie is anti Bush, anti gun, anti Republican!
& it didn't follow the trend of the previos 5!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top