User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Every part this.

But 220? Nice bear, but you oughta come here....we grow em big!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kill it and Grill it = Auto 10/10

Good Job OP!

Every part this.

But 220? Nice bear, but you oughta come here....we grow em big!

I've shot over 400 pound bear before.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
10/10, excellent job on the handgun hunt and celebrating the circle of life eating the heart.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Solid 9. I gotta deduct 1 for choice of gun. a S&W Model 29 or 629 or Ruger Single Action Blackhawk would have gotten you the Comaneci.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
10/10

You've started a small disagreement here though:

Wife grew up in the monadnock, hunted and fished all over
and swears that's Pittsburgh.

I grew up in Grafton county, and say that's Easton.

Don't expect coordinates to your spot, but would you mind
picking a winner, lol.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's men, and then there's men...
View Quote

And OP is an animal of a man
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You eat the heart? NASTY!

Did you keep the skin or just haul the meat out? What are you going to do with the skin if you kept it? Rug? Coat? Mount it on the wall?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice! 10 out of 10
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Easy 10.

I've never had it but it looks good.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

New Hampshire
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?

10/10

New Hampshire

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
10/10

You've started a small disagreement here though:

Wife grew up in the monadnock, hunted and fished all over
and swears that's Pittsburgh.

I grew up in Grafton county, and say that's Easton.

Don't expect coordinates to your spot, but would you mind
picking a winner, lol.  

View Quote

Columbia
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Solid 9. I gotta deduct 1 for choice of gun. a S&W Model 29 or 629 or Ruger Single Action Blackhawk would have gotten you the Comaneci.  
View Quote

I own a 329pd. Ended up taking this due to having a holster for it
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You eat the heart? NASTY!

Did you keep the skin or just haul the meat out? What are you going to do with the skin if you kept it? Rug? Coat? Mount it on the wall?
View Quote

Kept the hide. Will probably just do a trappers skin and hang it up
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Auto 10.

There are rules, but kill and grill trumps that shit!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
10/10 just perfect

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Not that this isn't off the charts when it comes to bad ass hunts, but I was really hoping the 44 mag was a lever gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not that this isn't off the charts when it comes to bad ass hunts, but I was really hoping the 44 mag was a lever gun.
View Quote

My father in law insisted I took his 444 marlin . I would of if I wast already planning to do this with the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My father in law insisted I took his 444 marlin . I would of if I wast already planning to do this with the pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you did was beyond awesome don't get me wrong...I just have a thing for pistol caliber lever guns.

A 357 lever gun that took a bear would possibly be the coolest thing ever with a 44 mag lever gun being a close second.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What you did was beyond awesome don't get me wrong...I just have a thing for pistol caliber lever guns.

A 357 lever gun that took a bear would possibly be the coolest thing ever with a 44 mag lever gun being a close second.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to take my 4 inch 686 with hard cast buffalo bore but a friend of mine swore it's too small for bear. I should have listened to my gut , a well placed shot from a .357 will drop a bear. The 44 smoked it

I also don't own a lever gun. One day I should jump into it
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Kill and grill. 10/10

I've never eaten bear, but it's on my list.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was going to take my 4 inch 686 with hard cast buffalo bore but a friend of mine swore it's too small for bear. I should have listened to my gut , a well placed shot from a .357 will drop a bear. The 44 smoked it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never argue with results.  That's a hell of a bear and you took it with a handgun.  Not many people can say they've done that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Best part is you caused flatlander tears.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Never argue with results.  That's a hell of a bear and you took it with a handgun.  Not many people can say they've done that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll probably never bring a rifle again. Pistol is light and doesn't get in the way running through the woods. My friend who had me up uses a mid 60s 41 mag. He's probably killed 15 bear with it .
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There's men, and then there's men...
View Quote

This.

Well done , sir.

I would enjoy that with a nice Chianti....
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And thank you. Probably my best hunt ever .
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Never new a heart was so thick. Big critter I guess.

CT's own bear huntin lumber sexual!!

Nice.

Dogs keep him back and you hit in him with the 44 up close?

Pussy. You should have slit his throat with your Swiss Army knife.
View Quote

Delicious tears...I'll use them to salt my venison in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]
P
Quoted:

View Quote

Once you find a hunting implement that suits your fancy, you're ruined for life on everything else.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
P
Once you find a hunting implement that suits your fancy, you're ruined for life on everything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
P
Quoted:

Pretty much
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
You the man 10
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Best part is you caused flatlander tears.

View Quote

Lol I am a flatlander
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#31]
11/10

I've seen bear hunting archery near Jim Thorpe PA but that was 5-6 years ago. Can't hunt that spot anymore as it was sold.  This is the first year I got my bear licence and I've been scouting public lands. All locals saying it gets flooded during bear.  Need to keep looking for a spot!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
11/10

I've seen bear hunting archery near Jim Thorpe PA but that was 5-6 years ago. Can't hunt that spot anymore as it was sold.  This is the first year I got my bear licence and I've been scouting public lands. All locals saying it gets flooded during bear.  Need to keep looking for a spot!
View Quote

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Easy 10
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Great pics, OP!

I love bear meat.  Have you ever baited bear or only used dogs?  I've seen bear on my gamer camera and would love to hunt them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Great pics, OP!

I love bear meat.  Have you ever baited bear or only used dogs?  I've seen bear on my gamer camera and would love to hunt them.
View Quote

Only run with dogs. One day I may bait but hounds are a blast
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great pics, OP!

I can only imagine.  I had a friend when I was living in the Hanover area that used to run snowshoe hares with beagles.  It was fun as hell.  I'm going to ask around
about baiting for bear and maybe try it next year.  That's really the only way I'd ever be able to get one.  The bear population needs to be kept in check like you're doing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Easy 11
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I can only imagine.  I had a friend when I was living in the Hanover area that used to run snowshoe hares with beagles.  It was fun as hell.  I'm going to ask around
about baiting for bear and maybe try it next year.  That's really the only way I'd ever be able to get one.  The bear population needs to be kept in check like you're doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great pics, OP!

Baiting is hard because it involves patients. Hound hunting is physically hard as hell . In New Hampshire the Bears go straight up the mountains and you need to climb up there to either pull the dogs or get the bear. I was lucky and we were only a mile from the trucks .
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#39]
dude, you shouldn't eat bear cooked rare. you should treat it like pork.

parasites.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Baiting is hard because it involves patients. Hound hunting is physically hard as hell . In New Hampshire the Bears go straight up the mountains and you need to climb up there to either pull the dogs or get the bear. I was lucky and we were only a mile from the trucks .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great pics, OP!

You've gotten me excited about bear hunting!  I can be a very patient person.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

parasites.

View Quote

What's rare ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#42]
wonder if ARFCOM could get scott rea to do a how to butcher bear tutorial..
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What's rare ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

parasites.

What's rare ?

In your pic of the hunk on the knife it looked bloody still.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great pics, OP!

Talk to some local hunters and game wardens on why kind of bait those bear like. All bears are different . Tons of natural foods in New Hampshire which does not help
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

parasites.

What's rare ?

No blood , it was cooked completely through
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Beautifully done
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#49]
How many dogs do you use?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#50]
You sir, get my first 10.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top