Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
This board started as a beta in November '00.  The old board crapped out a couple months later and everyone moved here.  That's why you see a lot of Jan '01 members.  I started sometime in '99.  Ah, the days of the ASA board.  Remember the guy they had who thought he could make a difference in their reputation until he finally had enough of Bob's crap.  Ah, the good old days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder if anyone has a screen grab from back before the board change. I can't wait to go through the archives when my membership upgrade is approved.

Railgun....

Old Board

Talk about a blast from the past.

HiramRanger & SgtAr15 are there.

But...(cue laugh track) the moderators are DonR & anti-USSA.

Arrg..  
Lightning Link for $2500.... Go for it or Not?  Quarterbore  13  04-19-2000 17:44    
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just checking
<-

I was on the old board too.  big time lurker.

Charlie
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Been around since a little before 2001, there was a board change which I took a while to catch up on, IIRC...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
heh, i didnt even know AR-15s were legal back in 2000, and was just starting high school   I lurked here for atleast a year before I signed up in 2003.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I joined in Sept 2004 but still remember when Captpooboy said hello newbe here!!!  Whats up????

Bob
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I signed on in the fall of '45, using a whopping seventy-five cents from my $135.00 separation check from the Merchant Marine for a life membership. (I actually spent most of WWII working TDY with the OSS, but that's another story.) Back in those days, 12 posts made for a big week - of course, it took forever to read anything using those old computers with analog phosphor screens. Sorta like the screens on The Matrix. I'd start reading a post on Monday afternoon, and along about Thursday evening I'd slap my knee and say "Gee whillikers! (that's how we talked back then) That PfcAr15 (he was a private back then) is a real hoot!" Anyway, I know I'm boring you kids, so I'll just say "Appreciate what you got!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Ahh, the old board  ::sighs heavily::

Before there was PIE, IBTL and It's A Trap.

Before ZEN left us.

When antiUSSA was a "normal" member and was actually liked.

When Paul308 took about $10K of people's money for I believe it was NIW Labell teflon mags and never delivered.

Bushamsters ::insert hamster dance here::

Back when you could actually read all of the threads and keep up.

Hell, I'm posting this just so I can see when I did join here.  According to my e-mail archive I joined the original board Feb 17th, 1999.

LL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top