Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#1]
They put an awful lot of rounds into him after he was down.  Good shoot
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Underpowered 9mm round.

45 would have pulled his fat ass out of those socks and to the next block. Maybe even blowed up the car.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Mah baby dindu nuffin!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mah baby dindu nuffin!
View Quote
I think it was yo soy amigo dindu nuthin
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He wasn't flipping them off. He had a cigarette or something in his hand then when shot his arm hand contorted up like when you have a charlie horse muscle spasm
View Quote
CNS hit?  Looked like decorticate posturing to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Needed more shotgun.

Was he wearing armor? Saw evidence of hits to the torso that did not phase him.

What got him down was the first shot to the groin/thigh, I think.

Nice anti-smoking program they have, there.
View Quote
I think you're right.  At first I thought, "Those cops missed him 8 times."
Then I watched again and could see his shirt getting hit center mass.  No immediate effect.

Videos like this really question my decision to carry a 7-shot 9mm in my pocket.  I may need to carry my 13-shot 10mm, with a damn sports jersey over the top.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I ever pulled a trigger on a perp that long after he'd hit the ground, I'd be facing murder one. And rightly so.

But at least the cops all went home safe at the end of the day.  
View Quote
Some truth to that.  It took them a loooong time to 'End the threat.'
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would hate to die wearing socks and sandals.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Just goes to show, people be tough yo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I ever pulled a trigger on a perp that long after he'd hit the ground, I'd be facing murder one. And rightly so.

But at least the cops all went home safe at the end of the day.  
The police were justified in killing him but they went overboard in how many shots were fired.
That reminds of Erslund the pharmacist. He was tried and convicted of first degree murder for shooting a  robber with gun after he was already down.
Don't get me wrong, the death of this idiot doesn't hurt me one bit but there are two standards for civilians and police.
A bad guy shoots, points a gun, or is even perceived as a threat they can use a great deal of excessive force to end the threat and walk away.
A civilian will get his ass nailed to the wall even if the least bit thing looks flaky for shooting someone in self defense.
I don't know the answer but I know the overuse of force by police is acceptable by society i.e. SWAT teams hitting homes with kids in the early morning hours for minor warrants like gambling.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#11]
If there is a reason for a mag loaded with xtreme penetraters for the street, that is it.  It would be interesting to see a report on the bullet ballistics on that almost worst case scenario.  That could be a situation where I think 357 sig, .40 or 10mm could make a difference especially if the shootout was 1 on 1.  Just my opinion as I have more 9's then the other calibers.  He was soaking up some rounds until they found the light switch.
Sounded like microwaving a bag of popcorn.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#12]
That guy wanted to die.

Sad it took so many shots to drop him
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top