Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can always suspend the elections due to a disaster. The economy tanking can be classified as a disaster by Obunghole.

Good luck trying that one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it'll be an ultra-huge giveaway program.  They'll forgive student loans or something.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point nothing they do can prevent the inevitable. Besides, if this plan is like any of their other plans it will suck and crash and burn in the end anyway.

Based on MANY comments on this board, I am not so sure it's inevitable.

If you believe everything that's posted on this board then you must also believe that the AWB is never going to end and that a shitty AR is worth $1200. Unfortunately for some people, the sky isn't always falling.

I am talking about the morons spouting the worn-out "ain't voting for the lesser of two evils", still with the "teach them a lesson" and always tired "I'll just stay home or vote third party" crap.

Most of the people spouting that shit around here aren't even old enough to vote. Arfcom doesn't represent the country as a whole and the country as a whole votes either R or D and they are currently pissed off at the D's. I hear what you're saying though.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
One "firewall" is a push by Democrats to elect Secretary of States in as many states as possible.  Secretary of States are in charge of voter registration in each state.  They may also have a hand in counting votes during elections.

If a Democrat is in charge of voter registration in a state they can refuse to purge the rolls of ineligible voters which opens the door for voter fraud to steal an election.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15105.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Firewall means isolating themseleves from Obungo.

They may attempt to throw zero under his own bus to save their own useless skins.

You may have hit on something there. If they can do something really big to separate themselves from obungo, reid, and pelosi and blame them for everything they may be able to pull it off. I could see an investigation or impeachment doing that for them and while I don't think they have the temerity to go after obama, I could easily see them go after reid and pelosi.

It would take much more than going after those two to make much of a difference, I think.

I think it would save them some seats and if they did it, they would make a big show of it. They would find every ethics violation by members they know they will lose no matter what and then grandstand about how they are cleaning up politics.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For those who think R's could get a Senate majority, I heard recently that was mathematically impossible.  I cannot speak to the accuracy of that statement - just that I heard it.

Senate Class III is what's up for election this year.  That is 34 seats.

Currently, the Dems hold 16 of those seats while the Republicans hold 18.

If the Republicans took all 16 of those seats and retained the 18 they currently have, that would bring the total number of Republicans in the Senate from 41 to 57.

Not mathematically impossible to take a bare majority.  Virtually impossible, but not mathematically impossible.  However, it is mathematically impossible for them to take a veto-proof majority, which is the only thing that would reverse the health care bill in time to stop it from completely fucking up the health care system for the forseeable future.

They'd have to sweep Class III AND Class I in 2012.  Or at least get a filibuster proof majority in a combination of Class III and I while taking the Presidency in 2012 and a significant (say 20+ seat) majority in the House.

Then there's the problem of how the Republicans tend to act when they gain control of both houses of the legislature and the White house at the same time...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Firewall means isolating themseleves from Obungo.

They may attempt to throw zero under his own bus to save their own useless skins.

You may have hit on something there. If they can do something really big to separate themselves from obungo, reid, and pelosi and blame them for everything they may be able to pull it off. I could see an investigation or impeachment doing that for them and while I don't think they have the temerity to go after obama, I could easily see them go after reid and pelosi.

It would take much more than going after those two to make much of a difference, I think.

I think it would save them some seats and if they did it, they would make a big show of it. They would find every ethics violation by members they know they will lose no matter what and then grandstand about how they are cleaning up politics.

Yep. Go after their wounded own (Rangel? others?) as a show of their 'political integrity'.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For those who think R's could get a Senate majority, I heard recently that was mathematically impossible.  I cannot speak to the accuracy of that statement - just that I heard it.

41+10=51

Explain please, I'm clueless.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

41+10=51

There are 34 seats up for grabs and 18 of them are already held by republicans.

If the Republicans take 28 of the 34 seats up for election, they will have a bare majority in the Senate.

Not bloody likely, but technically possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Senate Class III is what's up for election this year.  That is 34 seats.

Currently, the Dems hold 16 of those seats while the Republicans hold 18.

If the Republicans took all 16 of those seats and retained the 18 they currently have, that would bring the total number of Republicans in the Senate from 41 to 57.

Not mathematically impossible to take a bare majority.  Virtually impossible, but not mathematically impossible.  However, it is mathematically impossible for them to take a veto-proof majority, which is the only thing that would reverse the health care bill in time to stop it from completely fucking up the health care system for the forseeable future.

They'd have to sweep Class III AND Class I in 2012.  Or at least get a filibuster proof majority in a combination of Class III and I while taking the Presidency in 2012 and a significant (say 20+ seat) majority in the House.

Then there's the problem of how the Republicans tend to act when they gain control of both houses of the legislature and the White house at the same time...

I appreciate the explanation.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Amnesty with immediate voting rights?

winner winner chicken dinner. turns Texas to a blue state
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

41+10=51

There are 34 seats up for grabs and 18 of them are already held by republicans.

If the Republicans take 28 of the 34 seats up for election, they will have a bare majority in the Senate.

Not bloody likely, but technically possible.

Thanks - then whoever said it should have not given it the "mathematically impossible" label.  There is hope.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amnesty with immediate voting rights?

winner winner chicken dinner. turns Texas to a blue state

Texas will be a blue State in 20 years, anyways.  You watch.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#16]
massive vote fraud cooridanted from the white house.

billions of taxpayer money funneled to democrat vote generating operations.

bend over.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe obama will switch parties?  Like to the communist party?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]
At least one of us did some research.

The "firewall" seems to be nothing more than a big media blitz using $17,000.000 that they conveniently have laying around.

Its going to be entertaining if nothing else!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how many october surprise operatives they'll burn this time around.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The " Firewall " the Dems speak of is Nancy Pelosi, she's promises to show more cleavage .

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

massive vote fraud cooridanted from the white house.

billions of taxpayer money funneled to democrat vote generating operations.

bend over.

I have this feeling it's already in progress - there are rooms with tables and acorners filling out bogus votes right fucking now - to steal the election.

I expect more votes cast than the populations.

I hope we have insiders in on this right now.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The " Firewall " the Dems speak of is Nancy Pelosi, she's promises to show more cleavage .

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6067/nancypelosicleavage.jpg

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

One "firewall" is a push by Democrats to elect Secretary of States in as many states as possible.  Secretary of States are in charge of voter registration in each state.  They may also have a hand in counting votes during elections.

If a Democrat is in charge of voter registration in a state they can refuse to purge the rolls of ineligible voters which opens the door for voter fraud to steal an election.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15105.html

that's the plan. it has been for a while.

courtesy of george soros

http://www.secstateproject.org/

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Unless they can figure out a way to not have elections in November...they're toast.

That's exactly what I'm worried about... How far would they go to retain power..?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, 83% of all statistics are made up.

25% of the time.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMMEDIATE BAN ON dog-meat.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#27]

hmm...maybe another large stimulus

i heard a blurb on FOX about the dems downplaying the possibility of another one before the elections

or maybe extending all of the bush tax cuts.  while it would be a good thing it would still chap my ass due to years of the dems lying and saying they only helped the rich.

ETA:  alright everyone, let's not go off the reservation like the libs did during bush's presidency by saying the elections will be suspended.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point nothing they do can prevent the inevitable. Besides, if this plan is like any of their other plans it will suck and crash and burn in the end anyway.

If you believe everything that's posted on this board then you must also believe that the AWB is never going to end and that a shitty AR is worth $1200. Unfortunately for some people, the sky isn't always falling.

I am talking about the morons spouting the worn-out "ain't voting for the lesser of two evils", still with the "teach them a lesson" and always tired "I'll just stay home or vote third party" crap.

I get physically sick to my stomach when I think about the Senate choices I have to choose from this fall.  Literally makes me woozy.   Mark Kirk (R).
Some of us are faced with very difficult, very distasteful and painful choices.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it is not crap.  How quickly we forget.  Except for a few exceptions; the Republican Party is shit and only a few hairs better than the Democrats.  

But you just keep on with the faith that they will deliver this time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#30]
"Firewall"  how the fuck do retarded politicians and members of the media come up with these stupid terms?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"Firewall"  how the fuck do retarded politicians and members of the media come up with these stupid terms?

Sexy Action News
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#32]
The dems will try to start a TEA Party, hoping to split the R ticket.

And let me also go on record right now, anyone taking a stance on a 3rd party candidate out of some kind of principle is an ass - look where it's lead us to now.  Don't waste the vote by repeating that asshattery.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's actually a pretty good name for what they are trying to do. They are attempting to block the truth with a massive wall of lies.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And let me also go on record right now, anyone taking a stance on a 3rd party candidate out of some kind of principle is an ass - look where it's lead us to now.  Don't waste the vote by repeating that asshattery.

You do realize that McCain could have gotten every third party vote cast, including the leftist ones for the green party, and still would have lost, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it is not crap.  How quickly we forget.  Except for a few exceptions; the Republican Party is shit and only a few hairs better than the Democrats.  

Oh goody, more of the lame-ass "both parties are the same" bullshit.

I guess you haven't been paying attention the last 20 or so months.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Voting for a third party candidate was what got clinton in the White House his first time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hi Hedonist.

"Repeating the asshattery" would be to vote for the same ole assholes expecting a different result.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize that McCain could have gotten every third party vote cast, including the leftist ones for the green party, and still would have lost, right?

I'm not buying what you're saying - but more importantly - do you have a relevant point looking forward here?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately many of the votes for "R"s this election cycle will be because of dissatisfaction/disillusionment with the "D"s. I wish it was because there were "R"s that I felt strongly about instead of a grudge vote only. This isn't a recipe for long term conservative political success. Replacing progressive "D"s with RINO's is a sure fire way to put the "D"s back in power in 2012 and that is the ultimate "firewall" of which they speak.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMMEDIATE BAN ON dog-meat.

It's going into your spank bank isn't it?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Voting for a third party candidate was what got clinton in the White House his first time.

Was that the hand grenade with the bad haircut?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#42]
The fix is.....

Suspension of elections.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi Hedonist.

"Repeating the asshattery" would be to vote for the same ole assholes expecting a different result.

Hey Citidel-SC, that's the definition of insanity.

United is the way to stop obama.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once things settle down all will be the same again.  

Come see me in a year and prove me wrong.  I hope you do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wonder how many eligible voters didn't vote at all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once things settle down all will be the same again.  

Come see me in a year and prove me wrong.  I hope you do.

Since it was never the same, it can't be "again".

Maybe in your world, but in the real world, it was never the same.  I have been old enough to vote from the time of Nixon and it has NEVER been like it is right now.  Carter tried, but failed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not buying what you're saying - but more importantly - do you have a relevant point looking forward here?

McCain lost every State that he lost by a greater margin than the number of third party votes cast.  

Third party voting had nothing to do with his loss and is absolutely not the reason we are where we are now.

The Republicans nominated a pos candidate who promised to be just like Bush.  Bush really went off the deep end into libtard territory his last year in office.  The Democrats ran on a Bush sucks platform.

No viable conservative candidate coupled with an increasingly leftist population combined to let a truly far left dickhead get elected.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I hope this is not the case:

http://thehyacinthgirl.wordpress.com/2010/04/03/uplifting/

While it would be superawesome if this guy were right, (the guy Steyn quotes, not Steyn), I’m not holding my breath. Perhaps I’m too cynical, but with our near-permanent welfare class and a generation of kids who’ve been told that they are children into their late 20′s, I cannot imagine a prolonged revolt against Obamacare. As I’ve said before, ultimately. free candy wins. Of course, there will still be the core of the Tea Party, but when the outrage wanes, a lot of people are going to tell themselves that, well, if the government is giving things away, they might as well get in on it.

I mean, why fight it? If it’s going to happen anyway, might as well benefit from it. Culturally, we readily accept the idea that we must follow the whims of our "betters”–how else do you explain the thousands of "Rachels” roaming the country throughout the ’90′s? How else do you explain the persistence of Hollywood to dictate public policy and influence presidential elections? Barack Obama is our first cool president, put into office by the endorsements of our self-appointed betters. Celebrities are our new royalty, and sadly for this nation, the opinion of Jennifer Aniston is a lot more important than cold, hard facts.

We are a lazy, spoiled, ADHD culture–soft and uninterested in thinking for ourselves. At least my generation is. I’ve met women my age who are almost proud of "knowing nothing about politics.” A mom told me once, "Can you just write up a list of people we should vote for?” Her playdates, soccer games, and story times at the bookstore were much more important. Obviously.

Sooner or later, the outrage runs out. The relentless media rebranding of the "Teabaggers” as angry, racist, uneducated, violent militants becomes mainstream knowledge and a pushback against the gaping maw of massive government and taxpayer debt becomes the last gasp of the marginalized, unnecessary white male. (Which is, paradoxically, sometimes led by an attractive, young, strong and well-spoken woman. But it’s best not to think about that for too long.)

As a society, we’ve accepted the idea that the famous are better than the normals. certain educational levels render one more or less credible to form a coherent thought, where one’s diploma is from further underscores the previous point, the wealthy are inherently smarter than the poor, and that journalists have our best interest at heart, and since they’ve got degrees, we should really listen to them.

So I’m not buying the idea that Obama is effing up in phenomenal fashion and taking the Democrat party with him. If a coordinated attack on the American mainland and the deaths of over 3,000 civilians doesn’t rouse (and maintain the interest of) a sleeping giant, what makes you think that the (relatively) instant gratification of unsustainable, expensive entitlements will?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Unless they can figure out a way to not have elections in November...they're toast.

This.

My bet is that they will TRY to find a way to not have elections.

Gotta have some sort of "crisis" to make that happen.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Due to the lack of free Escalades and houses - there may be a segment who won't bother voting.

Due to socialism, there will be previously sedentary voters who get up off their butts to vote.

The Beck and Tea party rallies showed people will go if asked.

Heck, I have 2 sons who voted last week who normally wouldn't even care.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top