User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

A few thoughts.

Blah....blah....blah...

Sadly none of your thoughts were usefull.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
"The don't-kill-it crowd sits back, wags its collective tongue, and does nothing to resolve the problems."

Quite an assumption to apply that to everyone. And wrong.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#3]
i love cats personally, but i fucking HATE strays! there was a stray that continually pissed on (and once in) my jeep... i must have used 7 of it's 9 lives... i couldn't fire a pistol at it (urban area, bad neighborhood) so i had a CO2 pellet gun... i swear, 5 times i tried to shoot it and i had no CO2 in it, bb rolled out the barrel... damned brother's usin my stuff.... once i had the barrel 3' from the cat's nose.... i missed it with a blow gun by an inch.. and then tried to run his ass over and missed.

i gotta listen to the ladies piss and moan over here as i kill mice... they want mice as shop mascots in a deployed location!!
if it is wild.. it carries disease and is a pest, no ifs, ands, or buts about it... kill the bastard.

dont think i'd have the heart to snuff a kitten though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Get rid of the little fucker fast.  

Neighbors cat had kittens under our back deck about 3 months ago.  Little fuckers shit and pissed under there so now when it rains all you smell in the basement is cat piss.  Little fuckers started using the planters on eather sides of the front door as litter boxes and now the strawberry plants are withered up like a 100 year old mans 3rd leg.  And the worst part is that the little fuckers have infested my house with fleas.  I had to pay the bug dude over $300 so they would come out for the next year to spray the carpets to kill the fleas.  

The little fuckers run every time a human comes any where around them so catching them is going to be a bitch.  The wife and kids think they are cute and want to have them in the house but I told them that there would be no way that was going to happen as I couldn't stand to have the smell of the little fuckers inclosed in the house with me come winter.  

When I said something to the neighbors a few weeks ago she said " better you than me".  Now wait a minute.  You let your fucken cat go slutting around the neighborhood, the little bitch get knocked up, has kittens under my deck, makes my house smell like an outhouse in August and makes my house a breeding ground for parasites and all you can say is "better you than me".  I think it is time to do a little Midnight sniping.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Really?  He gave me dominion over all animals did He not?

That means when it is in my yard I get to kill it.

Animals have NO souls.

SGatr15

Evolutionary theory says humans are"animals."

Note to self: Note and mark well boundaries of sgtar15's yard  

Dominion means stewardship. It DOES NOT mean unrestricted slaughter.

No animals have no souls, but humans are SUPPOSED TO.

Abusive treatment of animals has been scientifically shown to be predictive on serious anti-social behaviour. If I had children, I would NEVER let my duaghter date a young man who showed such cruelty to animals.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Abusive treatment of animals has been scientifically shown to be predictive on serious anti-social behaviour. If I had children, I would NEVER let my duaghter date a young man who showed such cruelty to animals.

I have two daughters. You can be damn sure Junior G-man is right about this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
    Would this discussion be occurring if, instead of stray cats, we were talking about rats or snakes? How is this any different than when I kill off the moles that trash my lawn?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#8]
"Really? He gave me dominion over all animals did He not?"

Dominion to be good stewards over. The Bible often talks about the love of a shepherd and his sheep, and how God's example of loving people and His relationship with us as our shepherd, is the example we're to reflect as the stewards of the earth and to those under our care.

"Animals have NO souls."

Also the Bible is clear that God created living beings for his company and enjoyment, and to share His love with, starting with the animals. The people were the grandest of his creation and to whom He is the closest. It also says he knows every feather of a sparrow, or something like that.

Not intended as a sermon, you don't seem to be a religious person, but since you used the Bible as an argument, so did I.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like my house. As far as dogs, go a dog shits on my front lawn about once a year.       fuckin cats every night sometimes if i kill one i might get a break for a day or two. But another one takes its place withiun a week.Fuckin pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
    Would this discussion be occurring if, instead of stray cats, we were talking about rats or snakes? How is this any different than when I kill off the moles that trash my lawn?

Because cats are domesitcatable creatures. I'm not aware of any venomous kittens. Not aware of kittens spreading disease like rats do.

Any other stupid questions?

Of course if you are an evolution beleiveing Liberal, you think we can kill off the baby humans as well, and its kinda silly for me to try to convince anyone so beleiving of the santiy of showing kindness to animals.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Evolutionary theory says humans are"animals."

True...animals with SOULS!

Note to self: Note and mark well boundaries of Sgtar15 yard  

Don't show up at night and we will be fine.  You are ALWAYS welcome at my house.

Dominion means stewardship. It DOES NOT mean unrestricted slaughter.

You mean like what we do to cows, chickens, pigs?

No animals have no souls, but humans are SUPPOSED TO.

True.  That's why we kill them quickly.  Twisting the neck is quick and effective.

Abusive treatment of animals has been scientifically shown to be predictive on serious anti-social behavior. If I had children, I would NEVER let my daughter date a young man who showed such cruelty to animals.

This is my main point G-man so listen up.  I am tired of people getting pissed off at the killing of a soulless animal yet support abortion!  I no this does not apply to you, but it  does to MANY others that post omn this board.

A cat, dog or fish DOES NOT equate the same as a human life.

If anyone on this board is against killing cats but supports abortion then they are HYPOCRITES or worse!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Cats are cuter don't you know.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Of course not, you can't argue with ignorance.
I mean lee malvo still thinks he's a valiant killer, rather than the coward he is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You mean like what we do to cows, chickens, pigs?

If we kill cows, chickens by wringing their necks off and throwing their lifeless carcasses in teh trash can, yes.

This is my main point G-man so listen up.  I am tired of people getting pissed off at the killing of a soulless animal yet support abortion!  I no this does not apply to you, but it  does to MANY others that post omn this board.

A cat, dog or fish DOES NOT equate the same as a human life.

If anyone on this board is against killing cats but supports abortion then they are HYPOCRITES or worse!

SGatr15

No disagreement there.

Here's MY main point, so listen up -

Wringing off the head of a cat merely because its an onconvenience to you is less evil than chopping up a human child because its an inconvenience to you.

LESS evil.

But still evil.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#15]
What if I eat the cat?

What if it wasn't a domesticate cat?

Could I ask the cat first weather or not it is domesticated before I kill it?

Have you ever killed ANY creature intentionally and NOT eaten it?

Sgtar15

PS  IT'S a CAT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#16]
"A cat, dog or fish DOES NOT equate the same as a human life."

So you're a man of God? Reason I'm trying to figure this out is, you don't seem to be, yet you seem to believe in souls, so maybe you believe in God, but you just don't mind being on his bad side?

Or, if you don't believe in God, how could you possibly, honestly think people are any different from animals?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#17]
"Because cats are domesitcatable creatures. I'm not aware of any venomous kittens. Not aware of kittens spreading disease like rats do."

So all stray, feral cats are domesticable? They are disease free? That is a silly proposition.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#18]
i dont see whats so cruel about snuffin cats off humanely.. it's not like he is talking about tortureing them.
as for the abortion issue.. thats a totally seperate issue to pest control. me personally? it's the woman's choice, she has to answer to get through the gates... and not my business... would i let my g/f's have done it? not by choice.

now, if you go and kill the neighbor child's pet fluffy that is her best friend... thats a little cold...
but c'mon guys, we are talking about STRAYS for cryin out loud...

KILL EM!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Have you ever killed ANY creature intentionally and NOT eaten it?

Sgtar15

Once. A black capped chickadee. Not much eatin' on them.

"Capped" it with a 22rf.  Regret it to this day.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Go to the toy store and buy a super soaker.  Then you can hone your skills as well as having a really fun time.  At 3:00 AM you deserve to have some fun with your "intruders".

Lighten up, in other words.  Wet pussy is best.  Trust me on this.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#21]
<---checking in here.....

Now, If ANYONE wants to argue the finer points of cat-killing, whether in a

-religious
-wildlife-management
-killing-for-pleasure
-animal-cruelty

context, or any other context, with the exception of the "I-use-emotion-to-form-opinions" context, PLEASE call me out.....

And AZ-Redneck.....you got sorta high-and-mighty in my thread, attempted to twist Christianity, and throw it back at me......then the thread got locked. I IM'ed you, wishing to further our discussion......and from you I got in return......

<crickets>.....

Nothing.

So, you, sir, probably would be well served to stay out of this. Those who talk the talk usually find that when they can't walk the walk, it's best to step aside. I suggest you consider it.

In the meantime, for the rest, I will state again: as with SteyrAug, I derive no pleasure from exterminating pests, regardless of their species.

I think Steyr, like me, posted this as a rant against IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners, and ultimately, IRRESPONSIBLE people in general.

I'm with him 100% on that.

Be responsible, and use logic instead of emotion, and we'll get along fine.

Otherwise, maybe you oughta vote for Kerry....you deserve him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#22]
"now, if you go and kill the neighbor child's pet fluffy that is her best friend... thats a little cold...

KILL EM"

Lots of stray people though, in south america most big cities have orphan children living in the streets by the thousands. Is there anything morally wrong with just killing them?
Sorry, but no one's written a good answer yet.
I just see hypocricy either way, believing in God, but not having mercy on something less significant, or not believing in God, and thinking murder is morally wrong.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I think Steyr, like me, posted this as a rant against IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners, and ultimately, IRRESPONSIBLE people in general.

That was my take as well.

HUMANS are the problem.

Why kill animals because of irresponsible humans??

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
     So all stray, feral cats are domesticable? They are disease free? That is a silly proposition.

Now see if you are gonna go fabricating irrelevant scenarios to make your point, I'm NOT gonna play your game.

This thread was about a abandoned  KITTEN. NOT a feral cat.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I never said you were ignorant.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my take as well.

HUMANS are the problem.

Why kill animals because of irresponsible humans??

What, pray tell, would you have me do? Quit work and spend the next week chasing the stupid thing?

If I can catch it, it will probably go to the pound. Those I can't catch are too far gone, and i deal with them in the most effective way I know to.

I guess I could build a giant cage, and put it near the road with a giant sign that said "please drop stray here", and occassionally haul them to the pound to be disposed of......but why use such an inefficent method to kill them?

To do so, in the interest of saving the 1 out of 25 or so that could be rehabilitated into a normal pet, seems.......bureuacratic.

For now, I'll stick with instant disposal.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#27]
"I think Steyr, like me, posted this as a rant against IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners, and ultimately, IRRESPONSIBLE people in general"

Well subject says "damned cat people", reads a lot different than irresponsible people.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I just see hypocricy either way, believing in God, but not having mercy on something less significant, or not believing in God, and thinking murder is morally wrong.

So I take it you don't eat meat or plants then?

Both were created by God FOR man.  And both have life.

Do you never kill a spider?  A beatle?  A snake?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never said you were ignorant.

SGatr15

Should I, Sarge, say it, and save you the trouble? He's ignorant. There.

You deal with pests by destroying them. Cat, Dog, Terrorist, it does not matter...you kill them. End of story.

If you have legitimate, compelling reason to believe one can be converted, you make that effort. Otherwise, you destroy it. End of Subject.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:43:52 AM EDT
[#30]
"I never said you were ignorant."

And I never thought you'd actually answer tough questions either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Barkey--

Animals are not human beings, period.  There is no moral equivalency between human life and animal life.

Human are made in God's image.  Animals are not.

Listen up, kid.  You don't know how to debate a topic because you have no grasp of logic.  You leap from one of your faulty conclusions to another with such speed that you ought to be in Athens right now winning Gold.

Please sit back and be quiet while the adults talk.  Better yet, go play with your Legos.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You deal with pests by destroying them. Cat, Dog, Terrorist, it does not matter...you kill them. End of story.

If you have legitimate, compelling reason to believe one can be converted, you make that effort. Otherwise, you destroy it. End of Subject.

+1  And with that said I will bow out of this subject because I have other fish to fry (again...excuss the pun)

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"I think Steyr, like me, posted this as a rant against IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners, and ultimately, IRRESPONSIBLE people in general"

Well subject says "damned cat people", reads a lot different than irresponsible people.

In that context, his chosen phrase, and mine, are interchangeable. I just choose not to use such language.

However, regardless of my opinion on his choice of terminology, he conveyed his message to me with perfect clarity. Is my reading comprehension better than average? I doubt it. Is my experience with the illogical thought processes of many 'cat people' - and the understanding of the stereotype derived from this - more than normal? It's possible.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#34]
"So I take it you don't eat meat or plants then?

Both were created by God FOR man. And both have life."

Actually they weren't created "for" man.

"Do you never kill a spider? A beatle? A snake?"

No.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  And with that said I will bow out of this subject because I have other fish to fry (again...excuss the pun)

SGtar15

I hope they weren't stray fish! I had fried catfish last night.....mmmmm....fried catfish.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Most of this thread is full of BS, point blank! I have owned cats almost my entire life, my sister has a PH.d and does genetic research on them, so I feel I have a very good understanding of felines.

I have lived in small towns and large cities, I have about 6 strays living in some bushes in the next yard over and I have my 3 cats that live inside. I have NEVER in 35 yrs had a yard full of cat piss and cat shit, I would really like to see this, because I never have.

Have I had paw prints on my car in the morning yes, but I have also had dog owers let their Dogs piss on my wifes rose bushes, One owner even cut off the rose while walking his dog! I am sure I hqave had more dog shit in my yard then cat shit, plus it is a lot larger and dogs do not bury it, cats usually will.

So what do you guys do when you are driving down the road and a stone flies up and hits your windshield, do you big men hunt down the driver and try and choke him to death.

You guys can attack me all you want I can take it, all I know is that I have never let my temper get that bad that I have had to kill a small animal ever. But I have lost many of pets to people like most of the ones posting hear.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I hope they weren't stray fish! I had fried catfish last night.....mmmmm....fried catfish.

Nope...domesticate fish.

Tasted like pussy!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I considered quoting Barley-addict...then decided against it.

G-man, if you would like to debate me, go ahead. If nothing else, you'd come to a battle of wits well-armed, which is more than I can say for others here......
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Most of this thread is full of BS, point blank! I have owned cats almost my entire life, my sister has a PH.d and does genetic research on them, so I feel I have a very good understanding of felines.

I have lived in small towns and large cities, I have about 6 strays living in some bushes in the next yard over and I have my 3 cats that live inside. I have NEVER in 35 yrs had a yard full of cat piss and cat shit, I would really like to see this, because I never have.

Have I had paw prints on my car in the morning yes, but I have also had dog owers let their Dogs piss on my wifes rose bushes, One owner even cut off the rose while walking his dog! I am sure I hqave had more dog shit in my yard then cat shit, plus it is a lot larger and dogs do not bury it, cats usually will.

So what do you guys do when you are driving down the road and a stone flies up and hits your windshield, do you big men hunt down the driver and try and choke him to death.

You guys can attack me all you want I can take it, all I know is that I have never let my temper get that bad that I have had to kill a small animal ever. But I have lost many of pets to people like most of the ones posting hear.

And your post helped that situation HOW?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Cats --- Check  
Bible  --- Check
Evolution --- Check

Damn, where's the popcorn, this is gonna be fun.

(I have had to take two of the pooping/pissing machines to the pound because some irresponsible human was leaving food out for them and they were destroying my wifes food and flower gardens. I say nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#41]
You can't help those that don't want to be helped, after all you are the man that ran over to his computer to post a thread bragging about how you shot a stray cat with your .40 Hi-Power like you were Teddy Roosevelt in Africa, then you tried to come off as a man of great compassion for the animal buy backing up your truck so that the great slayer could fire his last mercy shot on the animal.

" you have become death..... destroyer of worlds"
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#42]
1-75,

I am glad your cats don't shit in your yard.  Guess what, that doesn't mean they don't shit in someone else's yard.  Many animals don't shit on their own turf.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

"This thread was about a abandoned  KITTEN. NOT a feral cat."

Re-read the original post... you are quite correct.  But I still don't think "domesticability" is the guiding principle here. My nephew actually has a pet rat. It seems somewhat smarter than the average rodent, will eat from your hand, and seems to show some level of affection. Does this fit your definition of domesticated? Does this then let rats off the hook? (By the way, I sure couldn't do in a kitten, and I've never felt the need to kill a cat of any kind.)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
"now, if you go and kill the neighbor child's pet fluffy that is her best friend... thats a little cold...

KILL EM"

Lots of stray people though, in south america most big cities have orphan children living in the streets by the thousands. Is there anything morally wrong with just killing them?
Sorry, but no one's written a good answer yet.

to try and retort against my point by using a shock comparison is liberalist tactics... killing a stray animal is completely different from killing a child. anyone with half a brain would realize that your comparison is a desperate grasp at winning a point in an argument.
you failed
think about the "so you need a machine gun capable of spraying thousands of rounds rapidly to defend your home" response we get about owning "assault rifles"   its called point diversion.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
1-75,

I am glad your cats don't shit in your yard.  Guess what, that doesn't mean they don't shit in someone else's yard.  Many animals don't shit on their own turf.

Since you like to come off on people like you are such a great intellect, read again MINE SAY INSIDE, it is stated in my post, and they are all fixed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#46]
"Animals are not human beings, period. There is no moral equivalency between human life and animal life."

Didn't write there was "equivalancy", unless someone does not believe in God.

"Listen up, kid."

I'm 38, and served this country in the army in the infantry, and in the navy as well. No I don't want a cookie, but I don't care to be labled a kid either, I'm not. Have you done your time?
If so, more power to ya, if you haven't, go prove you're the big adult you claim to be.

"You don't know how to debate a topic because you have no grasp of logic.

You leap from one of your faulty conclusions to another with such speed that you ought to be in Athens right now winning Gold."

Maybe you just lack reading comprehension. I'm not on 2 sides of the argument, I don't have 2 different theories, I'm just questioning where others are coming from.

"Please sit back and be quiet while the adults talk."

Now would those adults be everyone who agrees with your side? I had good questions, and your "attack the person rather than the material" is a big example of someone who doesn't know how to debate in an adult or reasonable manner.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for your service to our country.  You're young enough to be my brother, much younger brother.

However, your service does not mean you put forward a compelling argument or a logical conclusion.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#48]
"to try and retort against my point by using a shock comparison is liberalist tactics... killing a stray animal is completely different from killing a child."

Not shock comparisom at all. To someone who might not believe in God it's a valid argument.
I would like to think there's a God, and I'm well read on the Bible, but I don't know.
So that's 1 side. And if somone doesn't believe in God, quit preaching that people and animals are morally different.

The other side, for those who are quoting the Bible and using it as their defense, fact is, they talk about God and morals, but you'd think they don't have an ounce of mercy in their bodies.

Kill something because,
it's lesser a being in status,
it's insignificant,
it has no value, to them.

Well hello, you just described all people compared to God, yet does He have the attitude towards us that you all have towards lesser beings? No, it's 180 degrees opposite.
Maybe that's a clue as to which answer is the moral 1 regarding dealing with the insigificant or "the pests".

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Cats were made domestic pets close to 3000yrs ago.................. So get over it guys they are not leaving us. Plus there is much more being learned form the study of cat genetics then most other pets, cats have very similar immune system with man and the suffer from alot of the same illnesses that we do
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
You can't help those that don't want to be helped, after all you are the man that ran over to his computer to post a thread bragging about how you shot a stray cat with your .40 Hi-Power like you were Teddy Roosevelt in Africa, then you tried to come off as a man of great compassion for the animal buy backing up your truck so that the great slayer could fire his last mercy shot on the animal.

" you have become death..... destroyer of worlds"

No. That must have been someone else.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top