Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
R.I.P.

Ham sandwiches kill more people in the US every year than lightning.

Page 2 ownage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm really surprised people don't die regularly from this horse shit.  Just because you think you can turn yourself into a walking freak show doesn't mean you will get away with it forever.  The body is a machine, you abuse a machine 24/7 and it's going to break down on you. 
View Quote
i bet you're in great shape

post pics
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always wondered just how truly fit the really ripped out modern body builders are overall and how many health issues they may have down the road when they hit their 50s and 60s.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's a shame the guy died.

On an unrelated note, I don't like this steroid type bodybuilding, the guy looks like shit to me.

His muscles look like he had pot roasts sewn under his skin.

And then to make it worse, the body fat is reduced until the sinew and veins stand out under his skin.

People always express this great admiration for it, but it seems like a giant waste of time.

I can see how a guy would get into weightlifting and try to be the strongest guy at the gym, people always want to be the biggest and best at something.

But here we have a guy with muscles as large as can be grown with growth hormone and then starved down until the sinew is showing.  It looks awful.

Whenever someone puts out a shitload of effort to achieve something, and you criticize it, then people say you're jealous or bitter.

But this puffy steroid muscle + starvation skin thing is hideous and the giant effort involved seems like a giant waste of life.

It's like when you go to an amusement park and see people standing for 4 hours in the boiling heat to ride some 5 minute coaster ride.

Sure, their determination is a good thing but it's wasted on nothing.  The act of standing in a line for 4 hours to ride Disney's Magic Happy Train is bizarre.
View Quote
These aren't gym Bros just doing it for looks, they do this with the goal of making money. Unfortunately the free market decided people want to see the freak show instead of the art show.

Personally I think it's a horrible choice but I also understand it's their passion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Classic "stop liking what I don't like".

These guys make millions and have great lives despite knowing it CAN take years off.

It's called freedom, get over it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On an unrelated note, I don't like this steroid type bodybuilding, the guy looks like shit to me.

And then to make it worse, the body fat is reduced until the sinew and veins stand out under his skin.

People always express this great admiration for it, but it seems like a giant waste of time.

I can see how a guy would get into weightlifting and try to be the strongest guy at the gym, people always want to be the biggest and best at something.

But here we have a guy with muscles as large as can be grown with growth hormone and then starved down until the sinew is showing.  It looks awful.

Whenever someone puts out a shitload of effort to achieve something, and you criticize it, then people say you're jealous or bitter.

But this puffy steroid muscle + starvation skin thing is hideous and the giant effort involved seems like a giant waste of life.

It's like when you go to an amusement park and see people standing for 4 hours in the boiling heat to ride some 5 minute coaster ride.

Sure, their determination is a good thing but it's wasted on nothing.  The act of standing in a line for 4 hours to ride Disney's Magic Happy Train is bizarre.

These guys make millions and have great lives despite knowing it CAN take years off.

Stop not liking that I don't like what you like.

It's called freedom, get over it.

How come people get tweaked over reading an opinion on a website that was created to be a place to post random opinions?

What I wrote has nothing to do with freedom, it has to do with the weird way that humans get used to something and then stop questioning it.

People are not analytical, they are tribal.  Their opinions are formed by the opinions of other people. It's a circle jerk.

If you stop and question things, you see that a lot of what people do is highly weird.

They should have the freedom to do it, but it's weird as fuck.

How about these giant lard ass women that are saying that they are "beautiful and healthy at any size".  It's a laughable idea but in their weird little SJW peer group, the idea is treated like gospel.

How about the liberal outrage brigade with its victims and champions, always looking for a way to be offended.  That crazy poisonous dogshit makes sense to them, but it's insane.

Millions of people are proudly uber-leftists now.  So that must mean they have merit, right?

Arnold's remarks in the video posted above are 100% on target.  Arnold said that bodybuilding has progressed to the point that aesthetics are no longer considered, just pure size.

You should write him a letter and let him know about freedom and stuff, it's very relevant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have always wondered just how truly fit the really ripped out modern body builders are overall and how many health issues they may have down the road when they hit their 50s and 60s.
View Quote
It's a wide variation. Mass monsters (300+ lbs) have problems just as fatties at that weight do. Humans aren't made for that kind of weight.

There are a lot of 250 lbs big guys that stay healthy long term though. The big difference is how they treat there body in other ways. I.E. street drugs, clean eating, over use of fat burners/diuretics/insulin/receptor builders(blood thickeners )
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Stop not liking that I don't like what you like.

It's called freedom, get over it.

How come people get tweaked over reading an opinion on a website that was created to be a place to post random opinions?

What I wrote has nothing to do with freedom, it has to do with the weird way that humans get used to something and then stop questioning it.

People are not analytical, they are tribal.  Their opinions are formed by the opinions of other people. It's a circle jerk.

If you stop and question things, you see that a lot of what people do is highly weird.

They should have the freedom to do it, but it's weird as fuck.

How about these giant lard ass women that are saying that they are "beautiful and healthy at any size".  It's a laughable idea but in their weird little SJW peer group, the idea is treated like gospel.

How about the liberal outrage brigade with its victims and champions, always looking for a way to be offended.  That crazy poisonous dogshit makes sense to them, but it's insane.

Millions of people are proudly uber-leftists now.  So that must mean they have merit, right?

Arnold's remarks in the video posted above are 100% on target.  Arnold said that bodybuilding has progressed to the point that aesthetics are no longer considered, just pure size.

You should write him a letter and let him know about freedom and stuff, it's very relevant.
View Quote
you mean the guy who runs the Arnold classic where Dallas and most IFBB pros compete?

Ya he knows
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The fact that we have to eat using the same tube that we breathe with disproves "intelligent" design all by itself.

If we were really designed intelligently we'd have something similar to a blowhole.
View Quote
Um.....

You do realize they are separate tunes and there's an automatic cover for one, right? You're just trolling the creationists and not this dumb, right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And these people are?

Pretty sure they need an autopsy for that. Finding food in his throat is different
View Quote
Of course they need an autopsy. I can't say who this person was, but I'm sure I'll be able to link to their YouTube video on the matter once they make one.

Regardless, they started cpr on him after pulling the food out of his mouth. According to them, his airway was clear.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Of course they need an autopsy. I can't say who this person was, but I'm sure I'll be able to link to their YouTube video on the matter once they make one.

Regardless, they started cpr on him after pulling the food out of his mouth. According to them, his airway was clear.
View Quote
Very interested in this. I would think someone having a heart attack would spit the food out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do not forget Meeghan Hefford who died from a combination of too much protein drinks and an undiagnosed metabolic disorder a called urea cycle disorder that shuts down the body's ability to process protein and causes a build-up of ammonia in the body.

Edit, she was unknowingly OD on one of the few products she was essentially allergic too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw that early morning. Bad time to be a bodybuilder. One dead from backflip, Rich in coma from hitting his head (possible coke related) and now Dallas
Do not forget Meeghan Hefford who died from a combination of too much protein drinks and an undiagnosed metabolic disorder a called urea cycle disorder that shuts down the body's ability to process protein and causes a build-up of ammonia in the body.

Edit, she was unknowingly OD on one of the few products she was essentially allergic too.

And her family are now calling for tighter restrictions on protein powders and supplements.

“I know there are people other than Meegan who have ended up in hospital because they’ve overloaded on supplements,” Hefford’s mother Michelle White said.

“The sale of these products needs to to more regulated.”

White said that her daughter would regularly go to the gym twice a day in an effort to prepare for the bodybuilding competition. But in June, Hefford started telling her family she felt lethargic and “weird.”

White had no idea Hefford was taking supplements but found lots, as well as a detailed diet plan, in her daughter’s home after she died.
Linky

So, the mother wants restrictions and regulations on the sale of protein powder and supplements because 1 in 8,000 people may have a problem when they overuse these supplements.

People have died from drinking too much water. Should we regulate water sales as well? With that kind of thinking, the mom has to be a liberal.

She had no idea her bodybuilder daughter was using protein powder. Really? Please...
No, she knew the daughter was using protein powder, no question about it. Bodybuilders always talk about that stuff.

The mom feels guilty for not knowing her daughter had this rare condition and is trying to assuage her guilt by blaming protein supplements.

No one could blame the mother or daughter for not knowing about this UCD disorder. I doubt it's a routine test you get with your yearly physical. And the girl probably ate meat like it was going out of style and never experienced any problems: Until she added high doses of protein.

Shit happens. The mom should live with it and not blame protein powder.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Very interested in this. I would think someone having a heart attack would spit the food out.
View Quote
Supposedly it was a massive heart attack. So I'm not sure he had much awareness.

At this point, I'm relaying second hand info though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The fact that we have to eat using the same tube that we breathe with disproves "intelligent" design all by itself.

If we were really designed intelligently we'd have something similar to a blowhole.
View Quote
The good news is, it sounds like you may be ahead of the evolutionary curve.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Read about this earlier, Dallas had a lot of potential.
View Quote
A lot of potential at what?  Working out?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]
choked on a dick probly, these guys are gay. Lets stare at each other in little speedos and tell each other how bad ass we look.

On a related note, a guy here was a charter boat captain. I had phoned him that morning to rent the boat for the evening for my employees. He said he was going to run to Russos, a great sub place here, eat and be back by 4. We show up at 4, he is not around, at 5, I call the police for a C.O.W..sure enough, they find him dead with the sub in his throat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
choked on a dick probly, these guys are gay. Lets stare at each other in little speedos and tell each other how bad ass we look.

On a related note, a guy here was a charter boat captain. I had phoned him that morning to rent the boat for the evening for my employees. He said he was going to run to Russos, a great sub place here, eat and be back by 4. We show up at 4, he is not around, at 5, I call the police for a C.O.W..sure enough, they find him dead with the sub in his throat.
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many girls cheated on you with muscle bound guys?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

i bet you're in great shape

post pics
View Quote
I'm still waiting for you to do that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This guy died eating a shoe  

Video: MMA fighter kills powerlifting champion in brutal street fight in Russia

Link
View Quote
So here is the story that I found.
Both guys are at a pub, drunk. The MMA thug starts up with the power lifter. The power lifter didn't want trouble and was writing down his phone number so they could settle their differences the next day when sober. As the power lifter writes, MMA guy kicks power lifter. Both take off their shirts and as the power lifter hands his cell phone to friends, MMA guy sneak attacks and hits the power lifter several times, leaving him cut and bleeding from the head. Then they went outside.
Turns out the thug is a known scumbag who like to go to clubs, start trouble, then sucker punch people. He also admires Gotti and Russian mafia types. His brother is in jail for beating someone severely too.
One more thing, the two apparently knew each other in school. They were wrestlers and competed against each other. Power lifter went into lifting after an injury ended his wrestling dreams.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Living alone, thats a fear that crops for me once in awhile...Choking is scary shit...Years ago I was eating a meatball hoagie in the Student Union Building when I was taking night classes.  Second bite, a meatball flew out of the roll and lodged in my throat and i literally started choking right away and the fear and realization that the meatball wasn't come out set in.  2 or 3 people saw what was going on, but didn't do anything.  Somehow I managed to dislodge the meatball...have not had a meatball sandwich since than.
View Quote
During football practice got into a fight and swallowed my mouth during it. It came unhooked from helment and was chocking me out. The guy stopped on top of me, he was a friend and knew something was up when I stopped fighting back.

I'm signalling the chock thing but coaches didn't know what was going on. I reached way back with two finger and got a hold of the little ball at the end and was able to pull it out. Still remember the feel of that thing coming out of my throat
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I could use that same argument to say that something must be wrong then with the basic theory of evolution, that given the millions of years the earth has been around and the hundreds of thousands of years hominids have been here, that surely by now we would have evolved to get around such a basic design flaw.  What with natural selection and all it is really amazing we are even still walking this planet given how unsuited we are to our environment.    We don't have enough body hair or fat to stay warm in the winter time and need to make clothes for ourselves or find other ways of staying warm, and in the summer we can die if exposed to too much heat for too long of a time.  And if our core body temp fluctuates more than about 6 deg F either way we're at risk of serious damage to many of our key organs.   Yet by most of the modern theories about the evolution and origin of the Homo sapiens species, tracing the basic bodily architecture up through the Primates order, and in fact most of the Mammalia family, we see the same basic design where the esophagus and trachea split off from the larynx and pharynx and are separated by tissue that helps divert food to the esophagus.  (pardon me if my terminology isn't perfect...I'm going off some old biology class memories and I'm not at all in the medical field).  Its is baffling that any of us are even here with such a fatal design flaw!  

But that's for another thread and not really relevant to this one.   What is relevant is making sure you know how to do the Heimlich maneuver, you might just save a life, and maybe your own.   A buddy of mine was choking at lunch several years ago and several of us around the table were very slow to realize it.  An off-duty police officer immediately recognized it and administered the Heimlich before any of us even stood up and asked if he needed help.   Food came out and he was just fine.   It had been a few years since I had been certified in basic CPR and first aid, and I signed up for a local free refresher class that very night.  I'll be darned if a couple hours of refresher every couple of years would prevent me from helping in such a situation.

Choking is fairly rare, but when it does happen can be pretty darn scary.   Luckily it is also one of the more survivable hazards we face.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The classic movie heart attack does happen, with all the stumbling around and drama.
I've seen quite a few where their switch just flicks off. Lights out. Food in the mouth even.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
To each their own.......
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He was like a son to a good friend of mine and both his father and uncle are close friends.  Sad
View Quote
Sorry to hear this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They supposedly found some steroids and narcotics at his home.

Emergency personnel rushed to his Florida home at 1:30 pm on Monday, where they discovered white power on a table with a credit card and a straw.

Police later revealed they found bottles of testosterone in the house and Chanel admitted to responders that he had been juicing for more than 20 years.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4223825/rich-piana-coma-bodybuilder-latest/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rich Piana is in a coma? Damn.

Emergency personnel rushed to his Florida home at 1:30 pm on Monday, where they discovered white power on a table with a credit card and a straw.

Police later revealed they found bottles of testosterone in the house and Chanel admitted to responders that he had been juicing for more than 20 years.

I started this thread when it happened......

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2021896_Rich-Piana-in-medically-induced-coma.html
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn, some of you guys need to lighten up a bit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
R.I.P.

Ham sandwiches kill more people in the US every year than lightning.

Page 2 ownage.
View Quote
Fail. No ownage with an edit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#28]
A lot of fatties who dont even lift in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I found this strange:

Brooke says McCarver told her he was about to make dinner and the last thing he said to her was, "I love you. Goodbye."
View Quote
He was choking to death and said that?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I found this strange:

He was choking to death and said that?  
View Quote
Wat?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wat?
View Quote
If you were choking on food, how could you be so certain you would die, yet at the same time have the presence of mind to tell your girlfriend goodbye? Just struck me as odd.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Seems weird the animosity toward this guy. Was he a liberal?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you were choking on food, how could you be so certain you would die, yet at the same time have the presence of mind to tell your girlfriend goodbye? Just struck me as odd.
View Quote
I think she spoke to him on the phone a few minutes before he died.  I.e. he probably got off the phone, made dinner, and then possibly chocked on the food.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Shouldn't have skipped epiglottis day?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Meh Piana is a dumbass. I followed Dallas from his start. Kid had so much talent. Itd be close to impossible to conduct quality CPR on someone that size after clearing his airway which his roommate tried. He passed out a few months ago at the Arnold too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Choking on food, terrible.  
View Quote
Probably neglected his pharyngeal muscles.

Rookie mistake.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Calm yourself. He didn't propose a law. He expressed an opinion. Also freedom for you to get over.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#38]
You couldn't even get your arms around that guy to do a Heimlich maneuver.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#39]
LOL at all the people who think 100kg+ IFBB is based of just hardwork and showing up to the gym more then the 2nd ranked guy.

Its the Benchrest shooting version of PE stacks and genetics the guy who can best utilize his stack while still producing natural hormones and regulating insulin wins.

When your in the top 10, it's no longer about training routine or even fucking diet every guy is operating on 10/10ths all day every day for months leading up to Mr.Oly 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I could use that same argument to say that something must be wrong then with the basic theory of evolution, that given the millions of years the earth has been around and the hundreds of thousands of years hominids have been here, that surely by now we would have evolved to get around such a basic design flaw.  What with natural selection and all it is really amazing we are even still walking this planet given how unsuited we are to our environment.    We don't have enough body hair or fat to stay warm in the winter time and need to make clothes for ourselves or find other ways of staying warm, and in the summer we can die if exposed to too much heat for too long of a time.  And if our core body temp fluctuates more than about 6 deg F either way we're at risk of serious damage to many of our key organs.   Yet by most of the modern theories about the evolution and origin of the Homo sapiens species, tracing the basic bodily architecture up through the Primates order, and in fact most of the Mammalia family, we see the same basic design where the esophagus and trachea split off from the larynx and pharynx and are separated by tissue that helps divert food to the esophagus.  (pardon me if my terminology isn't perfect...I'm going off some old biology class memories and I'm not at all in the medical field).  Its is baffling that any of us are even here with such a fatal design flaw!  

But that's for another thread and not really relevant to this one.   What is relevant is making sure you know how to do the Heimlich maneuver, you might just save a life, and maybe your own.   A buddy of mine was choking at lunch several years ago and several of us around the table were very slow to realize it.  An off-duty police officer immediately recognized it and administered the Heimlich before any of us even stood up and asked if he needed help.   Food came out and he was just fine.   It had been a few years since I had been certified in basic CPR and first aid, and I signed up for a local free refresher class that very night.  I'll be darned if a couple hours of refresher every couple of years would prevent me from helping in such a situation.

Choking is fairly rare, but when it does happen can be pretty darn scary.   Luckily it is also one of the more survivable hazards we face.
View Quote
We have evolved a work around. We have very unusual teeth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
So it is a threat!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Why the hell would you want to get that size anyways.  It's so unaesthetic
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why the hell would you want to get that size anyways.  It's so unaesthetic
View Quote
Welcome to ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Just curious; how many calories a day would an active bodybuilder at that level consume?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just curious; how many calories a day would an active bodybuilder at that level consume?
View Quote
My cousin does strongman on a national level and eats 6,000-8,000 a day during certain training regiments. I'd imagine around that when bulking but probably wayyy less leading up to shows.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LOL at all the people who think 100kg+ IFBB is based of just hardwork and showing up to the gym more then the 2nd ranked guy.

Its the Benchrest shooting version of PE stacks and genetics the guy who can best utilize his stack while still producing natural hormones and regulating insulin wins.

When your in the top 10, it's no longer about training routine or even fucking diet every guy is operating on 10/10ths all day every day for months leading up to Mr.Oly 
View Quote
Dorian had a neat take on that kinda thing here:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:08:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This guy died eating a shoe  

Video: MMA fighter kills powerlifting champion in brutal street fight in Russia

Link
View Quote
And people say Taekwondo is complete bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:15:00 AM EDT
[#48]
To the guy who asked potential at what, potential of becoming future Mr. Olympia. At the rate Dallas put on muscle from 2012-2017, he very well had potential to win and keep winning after Phil Heath's rein ends. Sad as hell, only 26 yrs old and a full career ahead of him.

R.I.P. Big Country
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know about that ? How did it work our for Arnold ? Doesn't seem like to me he wasted his time and I know for sure you're not as successful as Arnold is
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#50]
My neighbor died from choking on a piece of steak last year. What a way to go.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top