Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm gonna have to go with Marine Corps and Army types are smarter than everyone else, with Navy a close second.

I still haven't met an Air Force guy that came over to the Coast Guard, yet every unit I've been at has several Marines and Soldiers, with the occasional Navy puke

Fire at will....

Thats cause we like the military.

You're a poopyface

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Getting a little heated in here...

That's sexual tension.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laugh it up chairforce. Uriarte is a Marine, It's like 2 black guys using the "N" word to each other. coming from you maytag repairman looking, transformer logo having, non-warfighting fucknuts...its not as funny. So spin your aeron chair around and go back to complaining about the NIPR being too slow.

Ahh, another one hitch wonder, like most shit talking Jarheads. If the Marine corps is so great, why do 60% of you bail out at the first opportunity and spend the rest of your lives talking up about how great it was?  Chest thumping one hitch wonders, the USMC's number one product.

You are sadly mistaken in applying that to me. The infantry is HARD. It's not somewhere you spend 20yrs. Combat arms is hard on the body. It's a young mans game. We get in, serve our country, and get the fuck out. If all I did was wrench on airplanes or sit in a cubicIe shuffling personnel files I wouldnt understand Marines either.

I did 8yrs, then became a contractor. I have spent at least half of every year for the last 8yrs in a combat zone. Since you're airforce I will type slow. Eight...years...is...more...than...one...hitch.

Don't lash out at me and assume I'm a "one hitch wonder" just because you made a career of mediocrity in a nearly irrelevant organization.

Sounds like you're the one lashing out, talk about whining on the internet. I've heard the same kind of drivle from 5 year olds. Grow up and get over your stupid bull shit. Accept the fact that everybody has a job to do and there are dumbass douchebags in every branch who we can point to as a representative for that entire service. You coming on here talking shit about how great one is over the other and then making cry baby excuses about how hard it is and why you got out does nothing to credit the Marine Corps or discredit the AF. It only goes to show how immature and uneducated you are in the big picture of operations.

For that matter one can say the AF has been forward deployed since '91. How many deployments did you do before 2001 to the mideast? It's all trivial BS, so get over it.

You really wanna go down the who deploys more road with the fucking Marine Corps?  Really?

Did you read the blue part??

Don't feed the stereotype, I was told the Air Wingers were the smart ones!!

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
its true though

army is no different.
HEY!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
An Air Farce baggage handler is talking shit to a Marine grunt. Only on the internet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

It's so they can type it out in small easily understood words without many syllables!

Well if we could get some crayons and draw the zoomies a picture,they would get it by now.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An Air Farce baggage handler is talking shit to a Marine grunt. Only on the internet.

It's so they can type it out in small easily understood words without many syllables!

Well if we could get some crayons and draw the zoomies a picture,they would get it by now.

Hey man only our cops need construction paper and crayons!

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

see there is the problem, you guys are confusing us with the Army, we are just the little brother, crayons are needed for big brother.

and I didn't start the shit talking (I dont think), I just joined the foray when someone implied my service isn't the same as his.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I want my old fucking maintenance badge back. Fuck you 3D cyber conversion!

Quoted:

Dude!

That is one gay looking breast insignia...

In accordance with AFI 36-2903, I will not wear that bullshit.
They took away my Maintenance badge.  Now I wear none.  Pretty simple.

Someone go back to somewhere between 1997 & 2001, look me up and kick my ass for not getting an ESWS pin.  Please.

Or get your ass back in the Navy and get it now...
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marines HATE MP's, they're the epitome of the term "buddy fuckers".

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL, I think we all have a serious distaste for cops, though I will admit two of my good friends are SF personnel.... but then again they hate cops too. LOL
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude!

Someone go back to somewhere between 1997 & 2001, look me up and kick my ass for not getting an ESWS pin.  Please.

And then get the cool one that has a bee wielding a tommy-gun

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#12]
In watching the left column as I scroll through this thread, I realize we've brought a new dynamic to the site........

(wait for it)

Tank warfare.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Aint that the truth. Last time I went to a church was at PI.....in 1986.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#14]
<= 3P who is in a unit that think's it is the Army. I sure as hell don't want this AFSC, but we all make choices.

Quoted:
LOL, I think we all have a serious distaste for cops, though I will admit two of my good friends are SF personnel.... but then again they hate cops too. LOL

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When we graduate boot camp we're told we're all brothers, then those dicks break out the cuffs. Never had a good experience with them. I even put a sticker that says "I hate you" above my base sticker so they'd read it every time I came on base.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
In fact time for a new thread.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

link, since we seriously thread-jacked this one... (sorry OP)
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]
SLAP FIGHT!
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

EVERYONE I mean EVERYONE hates the MPs
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't spell wimp without MP.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah!  Swing those purses, ladies!
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't lash out at me and assume I'm a "one hitch wonder" just because you made a career of mediocrity in a nearly irrelevant organization.

Honestly, over my 21 years in the USAF I met plenty of Sailors, Soldiers, and yes, Marines, who said they wished they had gone in the Air Force instead.

However, I never met an Airman who said, "Gee, I wish I had listened to the Army/Navy/Marine recruiter.

Fact.

I also had a couple guys working for me who were prior service (USMC).

Ever meet a prior-service Sailor turned Airman who said, "I fucked up by coming over to this."?

No, but I guess I have now.

Thanks for your service, wherever you served.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm gonna have to go with Marine Corps and Army types are smarter than everyone else, with Navy a close second.

I still haven't met an Air Force guy that came over to the Coast Guard, yet every unit I've been at has several Marines and Soldiers, with the occasional Navy puke

Fire at will....

Its an excellent point.
some people just can't hack it.

Sounds like you're one of those "I love how much this sucks!  I wish it sucked some more!" masochists.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

link, since we seriously thread-jacked this one... (sorry OP)

no worries. F the cops
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

39 ASVAB score.  That's all I'm saying.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, over my 21 years in the USAF I met plenty of Sailors, Soldiers, and yes, Marines, who said they wished they had gone in the Air Force instead.

However, I never met an Airman who said, "Gee, I wish I had listened to the Army/Navy/Marine recruiter.

Fact.

Ever meet a prior-service Sailor turned Airman who said, "I fucked up by coming over to this."?

To be fair it's not like he's comparing apples to apples.  Active duty Navy to ANG isn't exactly a lateral transfer.  My Brother (former active Army) didn't like the ANG either, he's back active in big green now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

baggage handler my ass. Half you fucking guys have your "silver spoon in the AF mouths" mentality that is fucking horse shit. Two sides to the AF, the whiney fucking babies in offices who bitch about AC, and then those of us that work ourselves to the bone so that we can make sure we do our best on our end of the fight.

My job is to get you guys your bullets, beans and when the war was in the early stages I was also pushing off all the up armor kits so you guys are rolling around in those tin topped hummers. Unlike the other lazy fucks I am the guy in ABUs that works along side you guys so you can move your shit because I realize I have the technical expertise (and yes, calculating tie-down for your heavy shit is important) I make sure I do all I can to help those that wan to help themselves as well.

I dont piss and moan because someon else has a better/easier or seemingly cushier job than I do because I know there are other folks in other areas who do have it worse. I am not talking shit but trying to put some fucking perspective into the narrow minds of some of these folks who are high enough on their horse to try putting down someone else's service.

cargo, personnel and meidcal evacs are all shit that I handle and I do it with pride in the work I do and knowing my place and everyone elses.

fuck you folks that think you are better than me or that your services is higher than mine.

Butthurt much???

Is it time for you to go play with those pointy flashlights now??

Sheesh, dude, guy was giving you a semi hard time , in what I read is a good natured way, and you go full retard??
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
One day for notes, we were told "You are no longer allowed to have one row doing knee rotations and the row behind it doing hip rotations."

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

baggage handler my ass. Half you fucking guys have your "silver spoon in the AF mouths" mentality that is fucking horse shit. Two sides to the AF, the whiney fucking babies in offices who bitch about AC, and then those of us that work ourselves to the bone so that we can make sure we do our best on our end of the fight.

My job is to get you guys your bullets, beans and when the war was in the early stages I was also pushing off all the up armor kits so you guys are rolling around in those tin topped hummers. Unlike the other lazy fucks I am the guy in ABUs that works along side you guys so you can move your shit because I realize I have the technical expertise (and yes, calculating tie-down for your heavy shit is important) I make sure I do all I can to help those that wan to help themselves as well.

I dont piss and moan because someon else has a better/easier or seemingly cushier job than I do because I know there are other folks in other areas who do have it worse. I am not talking shit but trying to put some fucking perspective into the narrow minds of some of these folks who are high enough on their horse to try putting down someone else's service.

cargo, personnel and meidcal evacs are all shit that I handle and I do it with pride in the work I do and knowing my place and everyone elses.

fuck you folks that think you are better than me or that your services is higher than mine.

Butthurt much???

Is it time for you to go play with those pointy flashlights now??

Sheesh, dude, guy was giving you a semi hard time , in what I read is a good natured way, and you go full retard??

When I joined the Marines I was looking for trouble, he must have been looking for an orange vest.

Seriously though, I'm good at talking shit, and I had to do my part, all for fun.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Guess what my New Year's resolution is?

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Infantry fights the Taliban.
MPs fight the infantry.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I started the MP thread, let's stop hijacking this one.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fire at will....

Its an excellent point.
some people just can't hack it.

Sounds like you're one of those "I love how much this sucks!  I wish it sucked some more!" masochists.

A little bit.  Something like a runners high.
There is a feeling you get after a good fight.  I mean where you really took it to them.  A man on either side of you going into the teeth of the enemy.  The snap and hiss of bullets all around.  dull thuds from hand grenades.  Moving up the hill.  Slowly.  Scared.  But telling stupid jokes in false bravado anyway.  Charging forward as the man next to you covers your advance.  Back and forth.  Culminating in taking the enemies position.  Killing him.  And you are still alive.  And your friends.  And you own them.  Owning them in the ultimate literal sense.  Stacking your enemies bodies up onto trucks.  Digging through their pockets.  Looking at the videos on their cell phones.  Laughing.  Taking pictures.  Looking around the battlefield before you leave knowing that you have competed in the ultimate arena and won the ultimate prize. Enjoying a feeling that is as old as man itself, yet known by so very, very few.
Being infantry sucks.  There is no way around it.  I hate being cold and wet and exhausted beyond belief.  Starving, your body reeking of amonia as your muscle burns away.   I fucking hated ranger school.  But the juice is worth the squeeze.  I hate being an infantryman, but dear God I love being around Infantrymen.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Active duty Navy to ANG isn't exactly a lateral transfer.

That's no shit!

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

To be fair it's not like he's comparing apples to apples.  Active duty Navy to ANG isn't exactly a lateral transfer.  My Brother (former active Army) didn't like the ANG either, he's back active in big green now.

I enjot these interservice spats as much as the next guy, but in the end we all have our parts to play in The Machine.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laugh it up chairforce. Uriarte is a Marine, It's like 2 black guys using the "N" word to each other. coming from you maytag repairman looking, transformer logo having, non-warfighting fucknuts...its not as funny. So spin your aeron chair around and go back to complaining about the NIPR being too slow.

Ahh, another one hitch wonder, like most shit talking Jarheads. If the Marine corps is so great, why do 60% of you bail out at the first opportunity and spend the rest of your lives talking up about how great it was?  Chest thumping one hitch wonders, the USMC's number one product.

You are sadly mistaken in applying that to me. The infantry is HARD. It's not somewhere you spend 20yrs. Combat arms is hard on the body. It's a young mans game. We get in, serve our country, and get the fuck out. If all I did was wrench on airplanes or sit in a cubicIe shuffling personnel files I wouldnt understand Marines either.

I did 8yrs, then became a contractor. I have spent at least half of every year for the last 8yrs in a combat zone. Since you're airforce I will type slow. Eight...years...is...more...than...one...hitch.

Soooo, there aren't any Senior NCO's in the Infantry is what your telling me? I think what you meant to say was "Infantry was too hard for me, so I decided not to make a career of it". And that every Marine is a rifleman is kinda BS.

I've met many clerical marines who fuck around behind a desk all day.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo, there aren't any Senior NCO's in the Infantry is what your telling me? I think what you meant to say was "Infantry was too hard for me, so I decided not to make a career of it". And that every Marine is a rifleman is kinda BS.

E6 at 24 is not uncommon in combat arms.  They go through NCOs fast.  Had a squad leader make E7 at 26.
You see some older guys, but they are just freaks.  Lots of broken Infantryman in combat support branches.
Hard to find an infantry guy over 30 who isn't hiding some kind of long term injury.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
As an outsider, it's hard to watch an inter-service rivalry unfold. I get it when it's good natured ribbing, but for some reason, it's hard for me to read it when it takes a somber tone.

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've met many clerical marines who fuck around behind a desk all day

That statement means you don't get it and probably never will.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it's a lack of Senior Cpl's and Sgt's due to the SOI drop cycle.  In my Company, we came in as a HUGE boot drop.  Over the course of the next 3 1/2 years, we never got big drops.  Then, boom, we all got out at the same time.  The company lost over 20 NCO's in a month while only gaining a few who promoted, and got a few back from....   a different Infantry job... that left them playing catch up doing real Infantry work.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, the Professional Veterans; I love the gawdy caps with fucking pins on them.  Serve four years in and re-live the "Glory Days" for the next 40.  It is important to note that ALL services have Professional Veterans; some wear
gawdy-ier hats than others.

B_S
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Tag. Good reading.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Im not saying "my life is so tough"because I was a grunt.  Im simply saying that the Corps has high turn over due mostly to the ravaging effects of combat arms careers in the body. I actually work harder and see more "shit" as a contractor than I ever did as a Marine and I was in a fairly high speed organization when I was in. Its probably fairly safe to say that the average "one hitch wonder" from the Corps has done more in this war than the average AF E-7 with 16.  It's not uncommon to see LCpl's in their "Chariles" with 4 rows of ribbons. REAL ribbons, not that bullshit you get for qualifying with the rifle with the .22 adapter or the ISMT.

You're comparing apples and dogshit.  I can flip it around and say that same Marine is a POS because he didn't fix even one C-17A aircraft.  

BTW, what is a REAL ribbon?  Except for service-specific ribbons, aren't the rest same-same?

B_S
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My reasons for EAS-ing were two-fold.

First and foremost, I had a pretty poor attitude about the whole thing towards the end of my tour. I was tired of the mickey mouse games. Being a 22 year old NCO and being treated like a kindergartener gets old really quick. Two years in a burn-happy PRP command didn't help much either. It was time for a change of scenery.

The other aspect was the physical toll the job took. I'm still dealing with knees and ankles that are less than 100%. I can't sleep on my right shoulder anymore unless I want to deal with the pain for the next two days.

That said, I'm proud of my service. Particularly as a Marine. I don't go around waving it everyone's face, but I don't hide it either.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#45]
This reminds me of getting drunk on Gate 2 street with my buddies and talking shit to everyone that wasn't a Jarhead, and them all not doing a thing about it. Those were some good times.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv37/punkrockHR/hurt-feelings-report.jpg  
Sorry, that looks like a paper Department of the Army form.  Put it into FormFlow, I'll dig out my Pen and Quill, and get a memo drafted and forward it through my chain of command, and have my CC send your CO a nasty email.  

Take that!

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

<= 3P who is in a unit that think's it is the Army. I sure as hell don't want this AFSC, but we all make choices.
Quoted:

BS.  I've been in the AF and I've been in the Army.  I heard the "We think we're the Army at my old unit" (see avatar) plenty.
The vast majority of the AF would shit their pants if they woke up and were suddenly in the Army.  Most of them because they'd have to get up to do PT before breakfast.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E6 at 24 is not uncommon in combat arms.  They go through NCOs fast.  Had a squad leader make E7 at 26.

You see some older guys, but they are just freaks.  Lots of broken Infantryman in combat support branches.

Hard to find an infantry guy over 30 who isn't hiding some kind of long term injury.

It is far easier to pick up a second MOS in the Army than it is the AF.  It has both benefits and drawbacks.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you're the one lashing out, talk about whining on the internet. I've heard the same kind of drivle from 5 year olds. Grow up and get over your stupid bull shit. Accept the fact that everybody has a job to do and there are dumbass douchebags in every branch who we can point to as a representative for that entire service. You coming on here talking shit about how great one is over the other and then making cry baby excuses about how hard it is and why you got out does nothing to credit the Marine Corps or discredit the AF. It only goes to show how immature and uneducated you are in the big picture of operations.

For that matter one can say the AF has been forward deployed since '91. How many deployments did you do before 2001 to the mideast? It's all trivial BS, so get over it.

You really wanna go down the who deploys more road with the fucking Marine Corps?  Really?

The local Air Force base has squadrons that have been continuously deployed to the AOR since '91.  You'd be hard pressed to find another unit that can claim the same.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude!

Too late for me...I am teh sads...no Good Conduct Medal, either.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top