Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not consider Hellboy II as a eco movie, I see it more as a revenge movie. It's eco in the sense that the elves are one with the earth, but it was more of them (the elves) being forced to go under ground instead of living in the natual places where they grew up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Some of Steven Seagal's movies had ECO written all over it.  I forgot the names of the movies though...
ETA:  On Deadly Ground, Fire Down Below,

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

"Day After Tomorrow"... especially when we invaded Mexico.

I thought we begged for permission to immigrate to Mexico.

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but... someone mentioned "The Core".

Every once in awhile, I go to Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics and I reread their review.

Always good for a laugh. (A lot of the other reviews are pretty funny as well.)

I just wasted an hour LMAO.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, I got the green message in Wall-E in the 1st minute.

Still liked the movie though.

Yep, I still liked Wall-E.  I would compare it more to Idiocracy than any of the green propaganda pushers.  

I don't get in with the green nonsense, but I would be pretty unhappy if the garbage was piling up higher than the cities.  A difference of scale and politics.  I didn't consider it particularly green as a movie... in fact I thought there was an implicit moral that the world is strong enough to spring back from disasters and downturns.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some of Steven Seagal's movies had ECO written all over it.  I forgot the names of the movies though...

ETA:  On Deadly Ground, Fire Down Below,

If you listen closely to the soundtrack of those movies, one can her Seagal flushing his career down the drain.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#7]
The Day The Earth Stood Still

The new one was so bad in such a strange way that I'm not sure if the producers/writers/directors/etc had ever even seen the 1950s original, or were just going by someone else's description. "Yeah, there's this alien that looks human and his big robot assistant guy, and they're here because humans are bad and stupid and screwing stuff up, and then they make us see what it's like to not have technology."

They screwed up the whole point of the movie. In the original, they warned us to quit being so violent and playing with atomic weapons. By making technology stop for an hour, we could see what they would do with us if we didn't stop screwing up. In the end, we were left with a message to change our ways before we go to far. The aliens were basically trying to help humanity by scaring us straight.

In the new Keanu version, the judgment is made, and punishment is given, and there is nothing we can do. Humanity is simply out of luck when Keanu-Klaatu changes his mind and we're sent into post-EMP apocalypse without a chance to prove that we might be able to live in harmony with nature or whatever. Because these supposedly wise aliens have a super weapon but manage to accidentally use it to harm humanity? Wait, WTF? I thought humans were bad because we harm other species by not controlling our technology, unlike the more advanced alien civilizations. The end result wasn't the audience thinking "oh, i need to buy a prius and be green," it was "we better get some super space nukes to fight back in case these vindictive alien fucks ever do show up and go full retard with their giant robot."
Massive green propaganda fail.

Day After Tomorrow

This one is so over the top that it works better as a parody of the ridiculous claims made by the manbearpig brigade.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok two more reports.  Saw Grand Torino and Quantum Of Solace.

Grand Torino had a mild pacifist, anti gun message (don't defend yourself with a gun, call the cops - see what happens when you defend yourself...).  It was an enjoyable movie however.  Do wish it would have ended with a rpg however.

Quantum of Solace had one of the more realistic views of the new environmental movement I have seen.  It's not about saving the whales - it's about $$$$$.  Good movie, no crappy message (oh, we are still destroying the environment - guess that was a message, and it is still our fault).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait till 2012 comes out!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top