Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Country music is grafitti written in dirt on the side of a red neck trucks. Its urinal poetry sung by high school drop outs. OOOOH my wife my pregnant teenage cousin.  Hey buddy you have pretty lips !!! You can't afford a fab!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
so what you're really saying, in so many words, is that you're a big bitch?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Country music is grafitti written in dirt on the side of a red neck trucks. Its urinal poetry sung by high school drop outs. OOOOH my wife my pregnant teenage cousin.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Easy boy   Your cousin is calling you to bed now go quietly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Easy boy   Your cousin is calling you to bed now go quietly.

awww, gee whilikers, is it really that easy?  i mean, fuck, i don't even have to say anything and you just go ahead and make an ass out of yourself!!!!!  works for me!!!!!

luckily enough for your stupid ass though im retiring for the night, i'll be more than happy to make fun of you tomorrow though, so just give me a shout in the morning, bitch............................
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet dreams cuz remember to  take your boots off.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet dreams cuz remember to  take your boots off.

Boston-

you live in Californistan, how smart can you possibly be?

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Use to be  from Boston and the PRK but I cashed out and am living in a free state now. Living the life of the retired rich in Az. Got to love that Prk Re Market. Hope you get lucky too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#9]
my music tases are pretty varied.

classical-  I love baroque period classical,midevil and gregorian chants
opera- Pavarotti and Andrea Bocelli
rap-   dr dre, eminem
jass-  ella fitsgerald and nina simone
rock-  supertramp, the alan parsons project, metallica, mega death

but when it comes to country the older the better,
 hank willians (sr) and patsy cline are about the only singers worth listining to IMO.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Country music is grafitti written in dirt on the side of a red neck trucks. Its urinal poetry sung by high school drop outs. OOOOH my wife my pregnant teenage cousin.  Hey buddy you have pretty lips !!! You can't afford a fab!

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are they still making Country Music? I turn on the "Country" radio station and all I hear is Pop music with a twang.

Exactly! There isn't anything country about country music any more.
Most pre '76 stuff was good but after that it nose dived.
M
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
so what you're really saying, in so many words, is that you're a big bitch?

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I like two types of music:

1.Country

2.Western

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem with country music is that the industry deciderd that women are the best target audience for country music so the people who get recording contracts tend to be artists that will appeal to women.  Cuts out a lot of the better artists.

The only recent new artist who seems to really be 'country' is Gretchin Wilson.  The people in the studios didn't like her stuff and have been surprised by the success of her album.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
George Jones  - Gotta like a guy who will drive into Nashville on a John Deere Mower for some Whiskey

and wrote a song about it!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Most of the best coutnry artists out today never get airplay.

I haven't listened to mainstream country radio in over 10 years.

Heather Myles puts it best:

I was raised on country: a steady dose of Haggard an' Jones.
Conway and Loretta, were always on the radio.
But everythin' has changed since then, they say it's for the good.
But I think it's a cryin' shame Nashville's gone Hollywood.

You won't need a steel guitar in your watered down rock 'n roll.
An' you might even find yourself on the cover of The Rolling Stone.
You'll be lookin' mighty fine in your designer clothes.
An' you won't need the Opry; you'll be singin' on Jay Leno.

They'll put you in the movies,
You'll have your video.
An' if you're young an' sexy,
You'll be rollin' in the dough.
You'll sell a million records,
So, that must mean you're good.
Move on over, Ernest Tubb,
Nashville's gone Hollywood.

I'm still giggin' on Broadway, makin' rounds on Music Row.
Hopin', maybe someday, I'll hear my song on the radio.
But they say I'm too country: I wouldn't change it if I could.
'Cause I think it's a cryin' shame Nashville's gone Hollywood.

They'll put you in the movies,
You'll have your video.
An' if you're young an' sexy,
You'll be rollin' in the dough.
You'll sell a million records,
So, that must mean you're good.
Move on over, Ernest Tubb,

Yeah, move on over, Ernest Tubb,

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Correct no airplay for much good country music. Try some of these folks.  Hard core, psycobilly, etc etc etc

Wayne Hancock
Steve Young
The Shiners
Damnations TX
Freakwater
Gillian Welch
Hazeldine
Buddy and Julie Miller
Neko Case
Starlings, TN
Stephen Lee Canner
Townes Van Zandt
Two Tons of Steel
The Volebeats
Drive By Truckers
Slobberbone
Hogscraper
Scroatbelly
Chitlin' Fooks
Robbie Fulks
Hadacol
Casey Chambers
etc
etc
etc
etc.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#18]
oh yes there's nothing like shooting at the range with good ole hillbilly music in the background. folks like jimmie rodgers and bob wills, hank snow, john cash, lefty frizzell, old 50's ray price and carl smith, web pierce, ernest tubb[the original ET], hank thompson, kitty wells, with some awesome bluegrass throwed in for good measure like bill monroe, the stanley bros, lester flatt and earl scruggs, mac wiseman, jim and jesse. then ya proceed to clean the guns to hank williams singin "settin the woods on fire"and on the ride home ya listen to merle haggard singin"swingin doors" then some good cajun music comes on as ya stop at the quickie mart to get you a mountain dew and drive off hearin gene autry singin "that silver haired daddy of mine". man it don't get no better than that!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Play country music backwards, ya know what happens? ................................everyone gets their shit back!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I was a die-hard country guy.  Until the last year or so.

Modern country is complete and utter shot.

Except for a small handful of singers, it is trash.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I listen to Country music (which is more like 1970's Calofornia rock (Eagles and the like) than old time Country, but that's good too.

Favorite artists are folks like Clint Black, Darryl Worley, Hal Ketchum and a few others.

Of course I just got back from a Scottish Festival so I'm doing a lot of Scottish and Cape Breton stuff right now.  (Glengarry Bhoys and Searsons, Alisdair Fraser, Silly Wizard, Tannahil Weavers, Battlefield Band.)  I saw Clann An Drumma Saturday night, the opened for the Glengarry Bhoys.  A little Clann An Drumma goes a good ways, but they are good at whipping up a crowd.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Country music truly is the devils work.  It promotes violence against those who are not like you and sex with farm animals.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Hate it almost as bad as rap.

A bunch of whiny loser music.

Had to listen to that 'wang, wang, thang' crap growing up. Don't have to now.  You're welcome to listen to it if you chose; just don't turn it on around me.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Blah, Blah, Blah...it's not country music anymore.

Music evolves, changes that's what makes it such a great art.  Look at all types of music and it has its different genres.  

amen! most of the singers are pussies that talk about love and stuff like that.  Bring back the drinking  and gettin arested songs.

I like Toby Keith, Gary Allen and Tim McGraw but that is it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Even though I live in Alabama, I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of *it*, even though I just mentioned *it*  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Even though I live in Alabama, I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of *it*, even though I just mentioned *it*  

What does the Segway have to do with this thread?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I like four types of music, generally speaking:

1. Essentially all Rock 'N 'Roll from ~'65 till the present day.  That includes "Classic Rock", Metal, Punk, Grunge, etc.
2. Old school rap from ~'85 till maybe '93.
3. Country & Western from ~'55 till maybe '95 with a few exceptions for the newer stuff.
4. Classical
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Country music truly is the devils work. It promotes violence against those who are not like you and sex with farm animals.

I think thats it's deliverance music,  dueling banjos. prostituted teanage emotions wraped in a Michael Jackson  package under a ten gallon hat.

Being a Boston city projects boy I hate what I hear. I admit my prejudice. I don't know anything about the old music maybe Adam-White has it right. Is it all shitty or was there poetry why back when?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Country music truly is the devils work. It promotes violence against those who are not like you and sex with farm animals.

I think thats it's deliverance music,  dueling banjos. prostituted teanage emotions wraped in a Michael Jackson  package under a ten gallon hat.

Being a Boston city projects boy I hate what I hear. I admit my prejudice. I don't know anything about the old music maybe Adam-White has it right. Is it all shitty or was there poetry why back when?

Um, where oh where has any country song promoted sex with farm animals?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
ubl.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd800/d822/d82283vulu2.jpg

Good stuff.

+1

Okee from Muskogee
Fightin' Side of Me

You just can't beat Merle.

Other greats:
George Jones
Waylon Jennings
Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
Patsy Cline
Loretta Lynn
Tammy Wynnette
George Straight
Alan Jackson

.....and never forget.......DAVID ALLAN COE
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Boston---

Why don't you go start your own thread,

titled "Rap music, you like this shiznit?"

because i have the feeling, that that is what you listen too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Mechtechgunman     Rap music, rap music rap music. Do I detect a little racisism  in you That couldn't be because of your love of deliverence music?  You sound well read and polished certainly a cultural icon I am looking forward to more of your purple prose. Please continue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mechtechgunman     Rap music, rap music rap music. Do I detect a little racisism  in you That couldn't be because of your love of deliverence music?  You sound well read and polished certainly a cultural icon I am looking forward to more of your purple prose. Please continue.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

too funny!!!!

Deliverance music!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Are they still making Country Music? I turn on the "Country" radio station and all I hear is Pop music with a twang.

Yeah, I hear ya....

I like Dwight Yoakam and Brooks & Dunn.  Listen to a little classic rock, but mostly smooth jazz.  Why smooth jazz?  It helps me keep a smooth trigger pull
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I liuke both types of music, country and western.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I've skipped three pages on this thread, but oh well...I like Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Big&Rich, Sara Evans, Terri Clark, Leann Rimes, Leanne Womack, Shania Twain etc...I don't know what style country I like...lol I just...like it
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I love country music.  As long as it is not this whiny hip-hop shit from a lot of newer artists.  My favorites are:
Alan Jackson
Hank Williams Jr.
George Strait
John Michael Montgomery
Darrell Worley
Toby Keith
Kenny Chesney
Brooks&Dunn
Shania Twain (some...definitely not all)
Tim McGraw
Sara Evans
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Used to listen to it all the time, but stopped after the only country station here closed down and eventually realized the lyrics where way to cookie cutter, the majority of country songs are about either meeting a girl or losing a girl.  The old shit is good though (Johnny Cash RIP)
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Pop-Country? thats as bad as Hip-Hop,cRAP so forth
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#41]
TexRdNeck,

Thanks for these lyrics, always loved the song and it was good for a smile.  

I do like country music, overall. Especially the pre '80's. Right now C&W is way too pop/crossover for me--about as bad as Cowboy Swing of the late 40's-50's (Ex: Cow Cow boogie) .

Recently spent two weeks in the Ozarks, I listened to a lot of the traditional music (w/fiddle, dulcimer, etc). Also privileged to attend a Conservative Mennonite 'sing'---a social event with group singing, and pot luck. My word, knew *most* of the songs (religious and old fashioned country).
Some of the singing was a capella (made me think of ETH's church) some instrumental.

FWIW, Grandpa Jones' old home in Mtn View Ark is on sale. Sure miss that dear old man.

Gwen in L.A
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't DISlike it, but I only listen to it when not much else is on.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, I like some of it, especially the really old stuff, like Hank Sr. It seems like nowadays, a lot of country artists only care about "crossover appeal". They don't even want to
'look country" anymore. Where's Waylon and Johnny when you need 'em?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Nope.

Rock n roll for me until I die.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#45]
No, country music sucks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#46]
it's like rap: it all sounds the SAME
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yeah, I like some of it, especially the really old stuff, like Hank Sr. It seems like nowadays, a lot of country artists only care about "crossover appeal". They don't even want to
'look country" anymore. Where's Waylon and Johnny when you need 'em?

Heck, Hank's grandson is making great records.  There is a lot of great music these days - probably more so than ever - you just won't here it on the radio.

Get XM radio.  Tune to channel 10.  Kick up your feet and enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#48]
It was not until I joined the AF that I started listening to country. I found that I liked some of the stuff that they rarely play on the radio anymore. A lot of country played on the radio is just plain bad music.  There is one country station that I listen to in Omaha, US 93.3, as they play some of the older music.

I like some of the older stuff  by Johnny Paycheck (Take This Job and Shove It, and others), Clint Black, Hank Williams Junior, Merle Haggard, Ronnie Milsap, George Strait , etc..

I like classic rock, but they dont make it anymore, and the stuff on the radio is just played out.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
George Strait
Patty Loveless
Dwight Yokum
Tanya Tucker
Clint Black
...and many others.

www.aimface.com/ikons/IKON9814d923801eae5fb34bdf1c84f9424c124e3f580f.gif

We must be related, but you forgot Hank Willams jr. and sr., Goerge Jones, Johnny Cash, Toby Keiyh and a few more
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top