Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the video show anything before he was cuffed?   How about kicking or spitting?
Punching a cuffed suspect is a cheap shot.
Something was obviously upsetting the cop if he went that far.   AZCop pegged it.   He needs a free copy of Chris Rocks Video.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I saw the video, and it looked like a good takedown to me.
View Quote

What is a takedown in your mind? He was already cuffed and they were trying to get him in the car. I believe the take down probably occured when they cuffed him. What they did was f*ck him up a little bit for resisting! He probably retaliated with a kick and then got a punch in the snoot for his troubles.
    By the way, he was a passenger in the car. His father or step-father was driving with a suspended liscense. From there I know as much as everyone else but it wasn't a felony stop I know that. It looks like the cops were twice the size of the kid but I realize that doesn't matter when someone resists arrest. The LEO's were just protecting themselves right!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone got a link to the video?
View Quote

communist news network has it but, not surprisingly, they want you to sign up for a $10 per month account to view it.

Fags.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The kid should be grateful that he was taught a valuable lesson in respecting authority.
View Quote

In a sort of cynical way, you are correct!!!

If a bad guy, even a juvenile, does something that attracts the attention of multiple numbers of cops from different jurisdictions, he IS lucky to have only had the side of his face used to polish up the cruiser's hood.

And because he's a juvenile, you won't hear about his criminal history:

Only that he is a sweet boy, who would never hurt a fly, let alone do anything that any reasonable person would consider "criminal".

Charged with Assault On A Cop:
He should have reviewed Chris Rock's info video, "How Not To Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police".

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
View Quote

Yep, you're right, he's lucky, Lucky that he was handcuffed. If he'd had his hands free to defend himself, he'd have been shot to death.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw the video about an hour ago or so.  I don't think there is any way of playing that off.  It was quite obvious that he just sucker punched the guy.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#8]
The little punk perp is lucky thats all he got...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The little punk perp is lucky thats all he got...
View Quote

Yeah, lets have cops go around and beat up kids because they dare to question authority. [rolleyes]

What ever happen innocent until proven guilty?

Unless an officer is being attacked(in which case force can be used ONLY to stop the attack), cops shouldn't go around punching people, EVEN if they deserve it.

On another note, where is SGB and DaveG? They should be here defending the cops right to punch whoever they want whenever they want. I see OLY-M4GERY is already in the act.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I find it funny that you don't think that this works both ways.

Oh, wait, I forgot. All cops are evil pricks who would take every possible oppotunity to f*ck ordinary citizens, and all alleged suspects are God's chosen few angels fallen from heaven, here on earth to spread peace and love throughout the land.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I just saw the video on the news this morning.

That kid should thank his lucky stars he didn't get shot in the face with an M4 instead of just being picked up and slammed to the trunk, then punched.

I'll bet Joseph Schultz would have [b]begged[/b] to be slammed to the hood of a patrol car then punched in the face. That 16 year old kid has nothing to complain about.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember something my dad told me a few years ago.

Back in the "good old days" when police would beat the crap out of anyone that was [b]clearly fucking up[/b] -- back then, criminals were never as bold as they are now.

In fact, it is the liberal CRAP that has been spewed about "rights" that has made criminals even more bold...and dangerous.

Beat the shit out of them over and over, I don't care.  Fuck em.  Criminals are criminals.  special ed or not.

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Here,  if you assault another student or get caught with drugs or weapons you go to the "Special Ed" campus.  It's probably the same with this guy.

What I'm impressed with is the speed this all hit the media.  

By my count this video went from the cameraman to national media in about 6 hours.  They had two "witnesses" being interviewed on the east coast at 10 last night.

they had to identify these guys, do a pre-interview to find out if they really knew anything, fly them out from Cali, prep them for a television appearance, and conduct an interview in less than what.  18 hours?  I really like the fact you only see about 4 seconds of video.  Where is the rest of it?  

Really smells like a manufactured event to me.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A million posts don't make you some know-it-all.
View Quote

true, but being a know-it-all certainly makes it easier to have a million posts.
sorry to interrupt. carry on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Free advice to all cops...

Never whack a guy in public or in front of witnesses. Always assume someone is video taping you.

If you must smack him around, take him in the back room where no one can see you. By then your anger might have subsided and you won't need to.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I just read a story on apwire that says the video shows the suspended cop had a bloody gash above his ear.

apwire links never work for me, so I'm not even going to bother.

And something else:
Just because someone is in cuffs, doesn't mean they still can not hurt you.

Back in Denver, I once got bit by some drunk college chick, and she was in cuffs.

You can bet I took the necessary action to get her teeth unclamped.

She was charged and convicted with assault on a police officer.

So, it is possible this developmentally deficient kid could have done something to the cops while in cuffs, and the video didn't catch it.

Sometimes, even cuffed people have a lot of fight in them.

FWIW,,,,

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#18]
[b]IT WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED IF HE HAD RESPECT FOR THE LAW[/b]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I just saw that video (all six seconds of it).  

The cop didn't slam the kid into the car, it was more like he dropped him onto the car's hood.

And the "punch" was more of a rough shove.  There was no sound, so you cannot tell if any words were being spoken.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#20]
heres a place to see the vid:

[url]http://www.mycfnow.com/orlpn/news/stories/news-154691520020708-070726.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Respect is earned and respect is not just earned cuz you happen to have a badge.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Schoolkids should get the lattitude shown these guys, and these guys should get the 'zero tolerance' standard that schoolkids live under.

My $.02
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess my computer is not set up to view that clip clearly. I could only see the slamming on the hood of the police car clearly: a crime in itself. Someone said this clip was only 6 seconds long. Someone also said the media is only showing you what they want you to see. That leads to the establishment of rules when making eye witness home videos:

Rule #1 Never give away your original tape.

Rule #2 Never give your copies to the police or media first. Always give copies to patriot organizations, friends, internet, first. Lastly give to police and the media.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw the video on Fox last night. You can justify it all you want, but it was out of line. That kid was lucky that the officer couldn't punch better. Looks like he didn't catch the kid flush on the face. Cop has been relieved of duties.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I first heard a report of this incident early Monday morning. The original video was more complete than the one being shown now.
The kid is lying face down on the pavement with his hands cuffed behind him. The cop grabs this kid by the neck of his shirt and the seat of his pants, lifts him completely off the ground and SLAMS him, face down on the trunk of the car.
That kids face hit the truck of that car hard, and it had to hurt. The kid was not fighting back. The other cops are standing around. None of them has a hand anywhere near the kid. If he was fighting back or gave any indication that he was not under control, there would have been more than one cop trying to hold him.
The kid raises his head off the trunk and the  video zooms in and the kids mouth is hung open and his eyes are half closed like he is in a daze.
Another cop walks up to the kids left side. The kid is still in a daze, not moving at all, just lying there. One cop puts his left hand on the back of the kids neck and holds it while with his right fist he punches the kid in the jaw. Some posts I've read say that the kid is trying to bite the cop on the hand. What a crock! The cop now reaches in with both hands and encircles the kids neck and appears to be choking him. Some claim the cop is sweeping the kids mouth because he has something in his mouth he is trying to swallow, drugs perhaps. Come on people, get a grip! He is choking the kid - it is as plain as the nose on your face. The only thing in the kids mouth is perhaps blood from being sucker punched by the cop.
Now see what happens. The Hispanic cop standing to the right reaches in with his left hand down which puts his arm aross the chest of the cop who is choking the kid and it causes the cop to release his choke hold on the kid. But his right fist goes back like he is going to take another shot at the kid's head but the Hispanic cop's arm is in the way. They pick the kid off the hood and walk him away and the video stops.
The kid is a passenger in a car, driven by his father, that has expired registration. Sheriff deputy is going to check out the violation. Did the deputy pull the car over? Or was the car already stopped when the deputy noticed the expired sticker? Kid's lawyer says the kid was in the store paying for gas and a bag of chips. Did the kid know his father was being questioned about the registration before he went into the store? When the kid came out of the store, what was his crime? Where was the probable cause to stop the kid?
Now how did the Englewood city cops get involved in all of this? Four city cops and a sheriff's deputy to check on an expired vehicle registration? And the father had a suspended driver's license - that's all.
Cops say the kid was combative and had to be subdued by force. What reason would the kid have had to be combative at all "IF" he had been talked to in a reasonable way. He had committed no crime and could not have been under suspicion of having committed any crime. Maybe the beginnings of this altercation will become known when the video cam footage of the conveince store's camera's are made public.
Yes, there are questions still to be answered. But what I have seen with my own eyes was wrong and should not be tolerated in a free society. Think about this. If a cop saw you strike an unarmed juvenile who had his hands tied behind his back, where do you think you would be right now? Your ass would be in jail I'll wager.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#27]
If all cops are bad, so are all blacks.
If all blacks are bad, so are all cops.

Do unto others...  

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cops say the kid was combative and had to be subdued by force. What reason would the kid have had to be combative at all "IF" he had been talked to in a reasonable way.
View Quote

I have had occasion to deal with more than a couple people who were "talked to in a reasonable way" who were still plenty combative.  This appears to be one cop who tried a little "street justice" in plain view. I'm guessing the kid mouthed off and got popped for it. Porbably had been mouthing off from word go. Either way what we saw on the video appears to be unjustifiable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
What do people mean when they say "question authority"?  Does this mean a kid has a right to get in the face of a cop who's doing his job.  I'd guess a little of this was going on here.  One witness said the cop punched the kid first (or maybe stiff armed him out of the conversation) and then the kid swung on the cop and then got subdued and cuffed.  

The cop supposedly has an incident on his record that might show he has a tendency to lose it, at least to a civil rights attorney.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I saw the video last night.

The kid was laying flat on his stomache, on the ground, with his hands cuffed behind his back.

The cop, probably twice his size, picked him up off the ground then slammed him down onto the trunk of the car.

From the facial expression on the kids face, he looked very dazed from the impact of his head hitting the surface of the car. Then the cop sucker punched him and if weren't for another cop he would of had both his hands around the kids neck choking him.

I don't know what happened before the video started with the kid laying on the ground, but anything that happened before that did not justify what the cop did to him.

That was just WRONG!
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No kidding, I get sick and tired of the police
officers getting in trouble if they slam someone. I personally think they should kick ass
as they feel its necessary without being reprimanded.

One would think if they knew what would happen if they broke the law, that maybe just maybe they would reconsider their actions. But here in American we reward the criminals with a fat lawsuit, liberal sympathy, Oh you poor victim, what a crock.

View Quote

Yeah, a Gastapo force would be much better.  

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=SLT223&album_id=84878&image_id=1¶m=66917[/img]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
The kid probably deserved it. Was slamming the kid's head down on the car justifiable? Probably so. YOU DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH THE POLICE! I think the officer was TOTALLY IN LINE. My .02        CRC
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#34]
When I was younger, I was smart enough to say "Yes sir" to the cops and not act like a jerk.  I knew that mouthing off would get me roughed up.

If that little punk had watched Chris Rock's video he would have gone home instead of to jail.  I don't know what he did to piss that cop off, but I'll bet he had it coming.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Some cops get out of line... need discipline

Some cops go over the line... need fired

Cops are humans, ya can't screen that out...

I once shoved a guy's face into his trunk...   After he spit in my face...

While I had him on the trunk, I gagged him with his own T shirt...

No more spitting...

Wanted to smash him...
Didn't...  
Wasn't easy..
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Some of you guys are saying that if this kid got in the cops face and started talking shit that he got what he deserved. If someone came up and started talking shit to [b][i]me[/i][/b] and I punched the guy in the face [b][i]I[/i][/b] would probably be arrested for assault. It shouldn't be any different for cops. And the fact that they ganged up on  this kid when he was cuffed is like a street fight when 3 guys kick the shit out of you when you are down.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I find it funny that you don't think that this works both ways.
View Quote

It doesn't. Cops are part of the state, with massive amount of power and money behind it. Always doubt what the state and its agents say until they have proven they are right. The government serves the people, not the other way around.

Oh, wait, I forgot. All cops are evil pricks who would take every possible oppotunity to f*ck ordinary citizens, and all alleged suspects are God's chosen few angels fallen from heaven, here on earth to spread peace and love throughout the land.
View Quote

Never said anything remotely close to that.

Quoted:
Beat the shit out of them over and over, I don't care.  Fuck em.  Criminals are criminals.  special ed or not.

Fuck em.
View Quote

Problem is that when cops arrest people, they have not been convicted of the crime they are being arrested for. Hence, they are not criminals. It is not the job of the police to dish out justice. That's what the courts are for.(even if today's courts suck.

Quoted:
View Quote

Even for the laws that are wrong(not to mention unconstitutional? As spectre said, repsect is earned.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#38]
so what the HELL gives a cop the right to kick someones ass because he does not like a person talking back to him or her. I have not read that part of the consitution lately that says my freedom of speech only applies to most everything else but a COP.

so I would think the stop went more like this:
cop pulled over the car and went to right the driver up and since the drive really had no I.D. they wanted to see the I.D. of the kid in the car, he most likely said a few choice words and the cop's now felt , ok you do not talk that way to us and proceded to drag him out the car and he decided that he was going to fight back and thats how the cop got the cut and was bleeding.
now he's put on the ground and cuffed by 3 or 4 guys and then taught a leason by being thrown onto the hood of the car.
and then the cop thats bleeding decides that he's really pissed that he got cut and decideds to kick some more ass, after all he's got the same right to kick his ass anytime he wants to because after all the kid talked back to him earlier.

the problem I see here is that since the cops have gotten the right to violate most all of your contitutional rights anytime they want to is the problem.
oh and now I will hear all of the we can't do this and we are afraid to do that because we are watched so closely, but us average joe citizen just once dares to mouth off because of something that you said to us or because we dare to have the gall to talk back and you will tell us we are lucky to get out of it with just a punch in the face or a night in jail to get our attitude straight. you no what no I won't say it
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top