Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Careful or you'll be labled a "Cyanide troll account".

I've been around long enough that I should not have to worry about that happening. I have my own mind and I will make my own decisions about right+wrong. I also could not care less if my opinions are popular with GOP post whore crowd.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be back in a bit, hopefully someone can find a real news link to see if she actually said these things are not.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How is private citiziens watching private property vigilantism?

Exactly!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]

The reason I posted this, is to illustrate what they are saying OVER the border in Mexico. AND the fact that Condi went TO MEXICO and talked about how the good old USA will TAKE CARE OF THE ILLEGAL MEXICANS COMING OVER THE BORDER!

Just so you know...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#5]
How many of you guys missed the words "ILLEGAL actions" in her statement?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I am begining to get worried about the nature of the posts here.  

What she is quoted as saying in the first page of this thread is that we as a ntaion would not tolerate illeagal actions taken by this group of so called militia.

I hope that they do not tolerate illegal actions by ANY group of people including illeagal aliens.  But we should not excuse the possible illeagal actions of any citizens enen if they are our own people.

Let's face it, we have laws in this country to protect everyone.  WE have laws about carrying guns on certain pulic lands.  If these guys break these laws they should be nailed just like everyone else.  Just because I agree that we need to get a handle on cross boarder traffic does not mean I excuse lawbreakers!  We also have laws about false arrest ande imprisonment are these guys going to follow the rules?

If she said that which was reported then she is right and you guys need to learn to read.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
People might as well not even show up for the Arizona Event.  Nothing but bad things will come of it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How many of you guys missed the words "ILLEGAL actions" in her statement?

Quoted from lippo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some of you guys are worse than the nuts at DU when you get an idea in your head.

support anything/everything that comes out of Washington.

not at all, i think our border situation is just short of a disaster, BUT I can't believe everyone is basing their knee-jerk reactions from an article off aztlan

What should we base it on? The purely moronic statements coming out of Washington? An administration that has done nothing but make the situation worse. This is not just a little problem. Get a clue and start using your own mind to make decisions. You know right and wrong.

First we should see if SHE ACTUALLY SAID IT! From an actual news source. Then, if she did say it, we should look at the context in which she said it.
Their is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "My country will not tolerate illegal actions by vigilantes" Especially when you are America's chief diplomat.

You forgot something...

"My country will not tolerate illegal actions by the Minutemen vigilantes", "will not pardon any extra-legal actions by border vigilantes nor do we support the activities of these groups". She added, "Even though we can not interfere with these activities, you can rest assured that if they violate the law, they will be held accountable".

CLOSE THE BORDERS!

Assuming the article is correct, the admin doesn't support ANY activities, legal or otherwise that this group does.  What this tell's me is that they don't like the fact that they (politicians) have faild in securing our borders and citizens have taken it upon themselves to TRY and do something about it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
If I was guarding my own property or another private individual's property at his request...and I was labeled "a racist vigilante" by the very people who have neglected to carry out their sworn duty, then I would wear that label like a jeweled crown.

The next decade or two are going to be very interesting, to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If I was guarding my own property or another private individual's property at his request...and I was labeled "a racist vigilante" by the very people who have neglected to carry out their sworn duty, then I would wear that label like a jeweled crown.

+1

Outstanding statement.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Outstanding statement.

Indeed!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Tagged
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Outstanding statement.

Indeed!!

Well said!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn good thing we voted for good old GWB.
His administration cares more about the illegals than they do our own people and our national security.
All done to kiss the aztlan ass for votes.

Good point, because Kerry would have got aggressive on the Mexicans' asses.

Ahhh yes, the lesser of two evils.
Do you think GWB would have been elected if his border policies had been known then ?

The guest worker program. Was part of GWBs 2000 platform. It would of gone thru. Except for 9/11 and vincente foxes' non support of the US/Iraq intiative at the UN.

Rumor has it in exchange for Guest worker program. Mexico de-nationalises or at least grants access to US Oil companys. Right now US companys can supply equipment but not actively explore or pump oil.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Damnit, just when I'm gonna deploy, shit gets fun back home.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People might as well not even show up for the Arizona Event.  Nothing but bad things will come of it.

I wonder how many of the Minutemen said that at "Lexington"? Most Americans today are scared little children compared to our Founding Fathers. At least they had the guts to lay it on the line!

So I take it we can expect you out here at the border then right?

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
His administration cares more about the illegals than they do our own people and our national security.

Good point, because Kerry would have got aggressive on the Mexicans' asses.

Ahhh yes, the lesser of two evils.
Do you think GWB would have been elected if his border policies had been known then ?

Bush proposed an amnesty before the last election?  You telling me you are "surprised" about Bush's feelings towards immigration?  You didn't know that before you voted for him?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]
ETA I took out everything after 2003

Mexico: immigration reform in exchange for oil development
Bush envisioned a Mexican border open to labor, to trade, and open to investment-especially investment in energy. Mexico had banned foreign investment in its energy industry in 1938, and ever since, Mexican oil production has been controlled by the creaky, corrupt, and polluting state monopoly, Pemex. If Mexico opened itself to the exploration and development of its oil resources by American entrepreneurs & technology, Mexican oil might possibly displace Arab oil from the US market altogether.
For this energy "quid," Mexico would of course demand some equally valuable "quo"-and in Bush's mind that "quo" was immigration reform. Bush believed that immigration was valuable to the US and praised it again and again in public speeches and his private conversations.

So the Bush administration designed a system for regularizing the Mexican-US labor relationship-not an amnesty like that of 1986, but a grander system for enabling Mexicans to work in the US temporarily and then to go home again.

Source: The Right Man, by David Frum, p. 84-85 Jun 1, 2003

Respect other languages, but teach all children English
Q: Should English be made the country’s official language?
A: The ability to speak English is the key to success in America. I support a concept I call English-plus, insisting on English proficiency but recognizing the invaluable richness that other languages and cultures brings to our nation of immigrants. In Texas, the Spanish language enhances and helps define our state’s history. My fundamental priority is results. Whether a school uses an immersion program or a bilingual program, whichever effectively teaches children to read and comprehend English as quickly as possible, I will support. The standard is English literacy and the goal is equal opportunity - all in an atmosphere where every heritage is respected and celebrated.

Source: Associated Press Nov 1, 2000

$500M to cut INS application time to 6 months
Expanding on a proposal to improve the INS, Bush pledged $500 million in new spending yesterday to cut the time needed to process an immigration application to an average of six months. Bush said the process now takes three to five years. Late last year, the INS announced that average times had been reduced from two years to 12 months, and were headed lower.
’’We will bring to the INS a new standard of service and a culture of respect,’’ Bush said. The new spending, to be doled out over five years, is the latest part of an INS overhaul plan that Bush’s campaign believes will resonate with Latino voters. ‘’We’ve got an INS that is too bureaucratic, too stuck in the past,’’ he said.

Last week, Bush announced that he wants to split the INS into two agencies: one for legitimate immigrants and one for border enforcement. He also proposed allowing relatives of permanent residents to visit the US while their own immigration papers are being processed.

Source: Paul Shepard, Associated Press, in Boston Globe, page A12 Jul 6, 2000

Welcome Latinos; immigration is not a problem to be solved
Latinos come to the US to seek the same dreams that have inspired millions of others: they want a better life for their children. Family values do not stop at the Rio Grande. Latinos enrich our country with faith in God, a strong ethic of work, community & responsibility. We can all learn from the strength, solidarity, & values of Latinos. Immigration is not a problem to be solved, it is the sign of a successful nation. New Americans are to be welcomed as neighbors and not to be feared as strangers.
Source: Speech in Washington, D.C. Jun 26, 2000

Make INS more “immigrant friendly”
Bush [would] divide the INS into two agencies: one to deal with the enforcement components of border protection and interior enforcement, and another to deal with the service components of naturalization. Bush will change the INS policy so that spouses & minor children of permanent residents can apply for visitor visas while their immigration applications are pending. He will reverse the presumption that such family members will violate their terms of admission, and will encourage family reunification.
Source: Speech in Washington, D.C. Jun 26, 2000

High tech: More H-1B worker visas; less export controls
Supports meaningful, broad-based tort reform to protect our most innovative companies from frivolous and junk lawsuits
Supports lifting the current limit on H-1B visas; believes long term solution to the shortage of high tech workers is education
Called for reforming the high tech export control system by allowing American companies to sell products in the international marketplace when these products are readily available in foreign or mass markets
Source: GeorgeWBush.com: ‘Issues: Policy Points Overview’ Apr 2, 2000

Farm policy: Open markets abroad; more H-2A worker visas
Calls upon European Union to abide by the rules of the World Trade Organization and allow importation of genetically modified farm products
Would work aggressively to open markets for U.S. products and producers
Supports reviewing and expanding the H-2A temporary agriculture workers program so that willing workers can provide much needed help to America’s farmers
Source: GeorgeWBush.com: ‘Issues: Policy Points Overview’ Apr 2, 2000

Latinos enrich us; family values go past Rio Grande
Latinos have come to the US to seek the same dreams that have inspired millions of others: they want a better life for their children. Family values do not stop at the Rio Grande River. Latinos enrich our country with faith in God, a strong ethic of work and community and responsibility. Immigration is not a problem to be solved; it is the sign of a successful nation. New Americans are not to be feared as strangers; they are to be welcomed as neighbors.
Source: Reforming the INS, in “Renewing America’s Purpose” Feb 9, 2000

More border guards to compassionately turn away Mexicans
We must do a better job of stopping those who seek to come into our country illegally. I support strict border enforcement programs such as Operation Hold the Line, which concentrate border patrol officers and resources at known border-crossing points. I believe it is far more compassionate to turn away people at the border than to attempt to find and arrest them once they are living in our country illegally.
Source: “A Charge to Keep”, p.237. Dec 9, 1999

Guest workers, maybe; citizenship waiting period, yes
Bush pledged to revisit guest worker programs and other ways for immigrants to come into the country, but said he would insist on immigration controls and a waiting period before citizenship.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
www.theamericanresistance.com/thousand_words/pics_barnett.html

I refer you to the last 3 words in the cutline under the last picture. They can frisk the shit out of a granny at an airport, but don't seem to give a rats ass about who is slipping in amonst us.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Historically, Mexicans and especially Mexican migrant workers have been the victims of lynchings by white racists as well.

So they're racists now.. The people taking up the responsibility that our own Govt has said must be done but hasn't happened are now racists.

Go back home you illegal immigrant sympathizer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Historically, Mexicans and especially Mexican migrant workers have been the victims of lynchings by white racists as well.

So they're racists now.. The people taking up the responsibility that our own Govt has said must be done but hasn't happened are now racists.

Go back home you illegal immigrant sympathizer.

our government as said that migrant workers must be lynched?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#24]
If Following is racist then indeed Glenn Spencer is a racist and so is the minuteman project

Spencer posts dozens of immigration-related articles but replaces the words "illegal immigrant" with "illegal alien," among other editing touches. In a 1996 letter to The Los Angeles Times, Spencer wrote: "The Mexican culture is based on deceit. Chicanos and Mexicanos lie as a means of survival."

He posts material on his site from such men as H. Millard, an infamous columnist for the racist Council of Conservative Citizens who once bemoaned the "slimy brown mass of glop" that immigration and interracial relationships were making of the U.S. population.

Spencer sent every member of Congress a copy of his videotape — "Bonds of Our Nation" — that purports to prove the Mexican government and Mexican-Americans are plotting to take over the American Southwest and create the nation of Aztlán. Hand-delivering the videos was Betina McCann, the fiancé of neo-Nazi Steven Barry.

On a weekly radio show that airs in several cities, Spencer has hosted a series of guests like Kevin McDonald, a professor who accuses Jews of devising an immigration policy specifically intended to dilute and weaken the white population of America.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Bush and Co. have sold us out on illegal immigration from Mexico.  

Our porous Southern border presents THE number one national security issue to the mainland U.S.  

The damage being done to the American economy and U.S. citizen workers isn't being told, and the nation is suffering as a result.  

The damage being done to the culture and our way of life isn't being told.  

The increase in population from invaders who don't share our language, our culture, our work ethic, or our history is putting pressure on our very way of life in the form of higher land prices, near forced migration of U.S. natives ("white flight") and is killing many communites' ability to provide health care to U.S. natives.  

The increase in population leads to increases in government regulation and new laws affecting the associated problems.  Government gets bigger, needs more money, and personal freedom (not just in the civil rights sense) decreases.  As the nation gets bigger, so does the nanny state.  And we don't get a commensurate benefit from the immigration, as the invaders are largely uneducated, unskilled, and the result is a net loss in tens of billions to the U.S. economy.  

The true war should be against illegal immigrants from Mexico.  

But Bush is supine to the issue and seems to owe Vincente Fox something.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hunting sight?

"Die, Gas Pumper!"

"Stay away from the cans, he hates the cans!"

G23c

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some of you guys are worse than the nuts at DU when you get an idea in your head.

I was thinking the same thing about twenty year old brainwashed GOP fanatics who support anything/everything  that comes out of Washington.

Hey, Absolut, I like how the only
thing some people can come up
with to counter your argument is
your age and post count.

Moral: Don't question the ARFCOM
hive mind (even if you are defending
the President).

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I do not feel I’m neither a vigilante nor a white racist just because I want the illegal out of my
country. I have to follow the same if not more laws in my own country. I have spent my share of time in Mexico. Get caught with out your ID. And see what that get you. (An old fashion beating and a bloody bungee hole)
The Border States and town need to follow the laws laid out for them. The city I live in will not send illegal Mexicans back to Mexico or assist INS in the round up of the illegal ones.
I am tied of paying for the illegal ones. Now there is talk of giving them social security.  The IRS wants them to fill out forms so they can deposit their cash in the banking system, which would allow the IRS to tap another source for taxes. Another federal org that will turn a blind eye to the illegal ones for money.

No wonder some folks want to take up arms against illegal Mexicans. They take and take.  They have more writes than we do, in the USA and Mexico. Try to pull any of the crap in Mexico that the illegal one pulls here in Texas.  You would be some hombre’s ass candy or dead. I’ve seen it. Try to go into your local Latino/Mexican neighborhood and see if you are welcome. Remember it’s your country, or is it.

I want my country back. If the Mexicans want in, let them do it the legal way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And some of you Republicans need to stop drinking the cool aid.  Stop pretending everything this administration does is 100% perfect.  Doing so only encourages the party to pick bad candidates.

I hope you Democrats keep embracing racism, it's fun watching your party self-destruct

I'm not a Democrat. I believe in reasonable restrictions on abortion & "free speech."  I do not support gun control or affirmative action. I think Rx drug welfare, and farmer welfare is just as bad as crack head welfare.  I believe strongly in the seperation of church & state.  I strongly support the death penalty, not as a deterrent, but as punishment and preventing that person from harming anyone else.  I would not make a very good Democrat. I also would not make a very good Republican.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And some of you Republicans need to stop drinking the cool aid.  Stop pretending everything this administration does is 100% perfect.  Doing so only encourages the party to pick bad candidates.

I hope you Democrats keep embracing racism, it's fun watching your party self-destruct

I'm not a Democrat. I believe in reasonable restrictions on abortion & "free speech."  I do not support gun control or affirmative action. I think Rx drug welfare, and farmer welfare is just as bad as crack head welfare.  I believe strongly in the seperation of church & state.  I strongly support the death penalty, not as a deterrent, but as punishment and preventing that person from harming anyone else.  I would not make a very good Democrat. I also would not make a very good Republican.

I would not have wasted ten seconds responding to such a moronic remark.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Who gives a fuck? The illegals are just that; illegal. They don't deserve to have rights endowed to them

by a government that they aren't even citizens of. Furthermore, if they don't want to be victimized, stop

breaking the law and move the fuck out. The bottom line is that Mexico and all the other South American

nations are encouraging their poor to immigrate into the U.S. These people are blatantly and willfully

breaking the law because they know that Americans aren't serious about enforcing the law. What we

need is exactly what the Minutemen are doing, we need people to lawfully pressure the illegals and

make it known to them that we will not let them break the laws of our nation and encroach upon our land.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
In my life's experience, I have found that I like hispanic people, nearly without exception. I don't feel uncomfortable around them, in general.

On the other hand, this Ernesto Cienfuegos and La Voz de Aztlan, is just begging for a fight. He sounds like just another media personality who will be among the first against the wall, come the revolution...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
In my life's experience, I have found that I like hispanic people, nearly without exception. I don't feel uncomfortable around them, in general.

I have absolutely nothing against Hispanic people. I just do like my country being overrun with illegal aliens that don't give a rat’s ass about our immigration laws or way of life. Or governments foreign&domestic that promote it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
"My country will not tolerate illegal actions by the Minutemen vigilantes" yesterday at a press conference here in Mexico City.

But we will tolerate millions of aliens every year crossing the border ILLEGALLY

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
That phrase about not tolerating vigilante minutemen is very well done.  It appeases their political sensibilities and at the same time, she is only talking about not tolerating those in the minuteman group that break the law while performing their mission.

Exactly, and the intent of the writer was to deceive you......La Voz de Atzlan WTF?...this guy does not speak for anyone but anarchists...thanks but we have our own breed...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing to see here. Move along. The Federal Government has determined that complaining about a lack of enforcing federal law can be hazardous to your health.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Why is there such a stigma attached to the phrase vigilante being used in this instance. They are helping enforce the law as private citizens, and outside the capacity of established law enforcement. So what? Nothing wrong with that. Vigilante doesn't have to be a bad thing. They found the law severely lacking and are taking up the slack. Legally. Good for them. I hope they don't all go to prison, and this idea catches on, and more patriotic people on our  borders take up the call to defense. This could very easily go horribly wrong. It could also be a huge eye opener. This will be interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That phrase about not tolerating vigilante minutemen is very well done.  It appeases their political sensibilities and at the same time, she is only talking about not tolerating those in the minuteman group that break the law while performing their mission.

Exactly, and the intent of the writer was to deceive you......La Voz de Atzlan WTF?...this guy does not speak for anyone but anarchists...thanks but we have our own breed...

False.  She refers to all in the project as vigilanties.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to Russia and China and preach that crap, not here in the US.

As to the topic, what the heck is up with the government not securing the borders?  Is it that grey of an issue?  What am I missing here?  What are the cons to closing the border?

ETA: Im sorry, but it seems like the Republicans are shifting to the left when clearly the country is going right.  WTF???  They are talking about McCain or Guliani as possible canidates, even Rice...this issue on the closed borders is just an example of their shift
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Ernesto Cienfuegos is definitely an interesting read. A little bit blind to his own racism and bigotry that he appears to preach can only be committed by 'anglos'. Has a certain flair and imagination but , being as it is an editorial, facts have and are of little value.  The 'decorated US Marine of Mexican descent ' 'US Marine Andres Raya' was a gangbanger with his affiliations aligned more to the 'familia' than to the country he served when he 'took on six police agencies with an assault rifle killing one police officer and critically injuring another' and showing his true criminal nature by intentionally staging an altercation with law enforcement and commiting murder. This is someone he wishes, thru La Voz de Aztlan, to hold as a shining example of  what is possible should the ire of the Mexican and Mexican-American populace be raised. A screaching, shallow, Peter Pan hoping and dreaming of a day when the 'Reconquista' is complete...

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hunting sight?

"Die, Gas Pumper!"

"Stay away from the cans, he hates the cans!"

G23c

"Nathan R. Johnson, sounds like a typical bastard!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#42]
damn. I knew the gov't hated them and Ranch Rescue, but to officially comment on it is more than I expected
just more cocksucking of mexico by Jorge Bush and pals though
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong here ... but the US is her country, not Mexico (I mean she IS our Secretary of State).  How about she change her tune and start making Mexico aware that HER country will not tollerate vigilante action by racist Mexicans against Texas/Arizona citizens.

I hate double standards

Well, I haven't seen any organized Mexican groups planning to patrol the borders with weapons either.

You have any examples of vigilante actions by racist Mexicans against Texas/Arizona citizens?

how about their army firing on US Border guards
www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=mexican+soldiers+fire++border&btnG=Search

www.americanfreepress.net/06_01_02/Mexican_Soldiers_/mexican_soldiers_.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:30:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Here is the info from the Minuteman Site

http://minutemanproject.com/

THE U.S. WANTS YOU!

"THE MINUTEMAN PROJECT
Political Rally and Protest"*
SEEKS VOLUNTEERS
6 March 2005

Dear Americans,

The MinuteMan Project currently has 863 volunteers from the following 50 states:

Alabama 5; Alaska 3; Arkansas 10; Arizona 193*; California 215*; Colorado 27;  Connecticut 5; Delaware 1; Florida 26; Georgia 15;  Hawaii 1; Idaho 2; Illinois 18; Indiana 6; Iowa 9; Kansas 3; Kentucky 5; Louisiana 4; Maine 2; Maryland 2; Massachusetts 9; Michigan 6; Minnesota 8; Mississipi 3; Missouri 6; Montana 1; Nebraska 3; New Hampshire 5; New Jersey 19;   Nevada   25*; New Mexico 15*; New York 21; North Carolina 10*; North Dakota 1; Ohio 15; Oklahoma 11; Oregon 14; Pennsylvania 8; Rhode Island 2;  South Carolina 3; South Dakota 2; Tennessee 7; Texas 65*; Utah 10;  Vermont 1; Virginia 10; Washington 22; West Virginia 2; Wisconsin 4; Wyoming 3; (plus 2 from Canada) *includes 16 pilots with 16 aircraft.

If YOU, or someone you know, would like to  participate in The Minuteman Project, please read the recruiting poster below and respond accordingly.

To Citizens of the Republic of the United States of America:

I invite you to join me in Tombstone, Arizona from APRIL 1 - 30, 2005 to assist the U. S. Department of Homeland Security by observing and reporting illegal activity on and around the southern border of the United States.

The purpose of this political assembly in Arizona is to protest the refusal of the Congress and the President to protect our borders from illegal immigrants who have not had criminal background checks by, and through, the U.S. Embassy in their home country, thereby creating an imminent danger to all Americans, and creating the dilution of US citizen's voting rights by foreign nationals.Chris Simcox of Civil Homeland Defense, and the publisher of the Tombstone Tumbleweed newspaper in Tombstone, Arizona has helped protect our borders for FOUR years with only a handful of patriotic volunteers. It is time we provided him with support.

This is strictly a volunteer project. No financial subsidies are available.  And, you will probably need a tent, sleeping bag, hiking gear, etc. You are responsible for all costs associated with your participation.

Our  policy of passive activity  will be to OBSERVE with the aid of binoculars - telescopes - night vision scopes, and inform the U.S. Border Patrol of the location of illegal activity so that border patrol agents can investigate.  

We will not be confrontational with anyone.  The tentative area of observation will be a 20-mile stretch of lowlands across the San Pedro Valley in southeast Arizona.  

I hope to bring serious media and political attention to this event.  It will tune the American people into the shameful fact that 21st century minutemen/women have to help secure US borders because the US government REFUSES to provide our dutiful U.S. Border Patrol and Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) with the manpower and funding required to do so.
The estimated cost per person (for 30 days) could be as high as $3,500, or as low as $1,200, depending on your travel, meal and lodging arrangements.  Costs can be substantially lower for those who share two-bed lodging rooms, or take advantage of land owner's low fee land use for RV parking and/or tenting.  I intend to stay the entire 30 days of this mission, however, that length of time is not a requirement to volunteer.

The Tombstone area  offers some interesting  hunting, hiking, camping, horse riding and  mountain climbing opportunities for avid outdoorsmen/women.

If YOU are interested in participating in this unprecedented event, please contact me via email at:

[email protected]   [ all lower case ]

or visit the website:  www.minutemanproject.com

Please provide a brief history of yourself. For example, your vocation, any military background, outdoors (outback) experience, etc. There are no  prerequisites for joining this mission, however, I would like to know something about the experiences of those responding to this invitation.

The Minuteman Project welcomes participants regardless of gender, race, color, creed, age, or physical disability.  An enthusiastic invitation is extended to current and former members of any law    enforcement organization, or  military   veterans with reconnaisance (LRRP) or intelligence gathering experience.

Please INCLUDE the following information in your email response:

1. Name

2. Address

3. Telephone number and best time to call

4. Brief statement why you want to participate in this project

5. Brief account of any similar experiences related to the mission of The MinuteMan Project.

6. Amount of time (1 - 30 days) you desire to participate.

7. Any  ailments or physical disabilities that might limit the "type" of participation, i.e., limited to deskwork only, confined to a wheel chair, etc.

8. Any foreign language(s) in which you communicate with reasonable fluency.

The following information is requested for statistical purposes ONLY:

9. Your nationality/heritage:  i.e., Cuban, English, Mexican, African, Chinese, Bolivian, Russian, German, Italian,  Lebanese, Etc.

10. Most recent profession

11. For Legal immigrants only:  Source country and year of immigration to USA.  

APRIL 1 - 30, 2005

Bring your state flag !

Arizona

Cheers,

An American Without A Country

James W. Gilchrist,
BAJ, BSBA, MBA (Taxation), CPA (Ca.) - retired
Aliso Viejo, California.

Educate the Public. Please add to your emails:

"Government must defend us against INVASION by others"
-U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 4.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

"It is a sad day in America when the law-makers side with the law-breakers against the law-abiding citizens." -Ezola Foster

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain  

"While we slept, the United States was stolen." - author unknown  

" Let's Roll !"- Todd Beamer -Deceased Hero of Flight 93, September 11, 2001.

FREEDOM DON'T COME FOR FREE
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:37:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Defending your property against hordes of invaders is deemed illegal by your president and his bitch.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Btt
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:36:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder how many of the Minutemen said that at "Lexington"? Most Americans today are scared little children compared to our Founding Fathers. At least they had the guts to lay it on the line!

They were also the ones running the country.  They had something to gain and had support.  This is a loose-loose situation.  These folks will go to jail and be forgotten.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:51:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Why do you guys keep quoting articles from aztlan? Isnt that like quoting Louis Farrakhan of the nation of Islam?

And you keep getting your other sources of information from places like the american free press. This excerpt is from their about us page

To consolidate their influence, the Masters of the Media and their international corporate allies reward obedient journalists with membership in the Council on Foreign Relations or the Trilateral Com mission where they rub shoulders with others in the international policy-making networks. A handful get promoted to the higher ranks of the secret Bilderberg Group

American Free Press About US Conspiracy theories
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Bush is the best president that Mexico has ever had.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Unfortunetly both parties are equally bad about kissing the mexican ass for votes.  Because they know that in 20 yrs whoever has the majority mexican vote will rule forever.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top