BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, it is the start of the school year.   Therefore, we need more pics of coasties!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/374200196_d5a3d0e688_o.jpg

My God, that is so hedious.  Why would anyone spend a thousand dollars on one outfit?    Sconnie nation FTW

Looks like they are in a cult.  No individuality to say the least.

Of course, this is what my Alma Mater looks like during the changing of classes, so I really cannot say anything about uniformity, can I?
http://www.stateuniversity.com/assets/logo/image/11334/large/bancroft.jpg
http://www.dcpages.com/gallery/d/77842-2/DSC09075.jpg

Well, at least the cadets have a reason for looking like that (Military school).  The coasties, on the other hand, want people to look at them and think "Well, I am cool because my parents are paying for all of this stuff, my apartment in the Lucky apts on University Square, and my out of state UW Madison tuition.   And, I am so liberal, I voted for the green Party except for Obama and Fiengold!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, it is the start of the school year.   Therefore, we need more pics of coasties!

My God, that is so hedious.  Why would anyone spend a thousand dollars on one outfit?    Sconnie nation FTW

The Uniform of the day is a full length white life preserver, snow shoes and jeans - with racoon makeup.

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like someone needs to get laid.

Were you talking about OP or me?  

Jane

Sorry Jane, I was talking about the OP.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i noticed the east coast girls, well kids in general tend to coast off of their parent's achievements and riches..

that's not so common over here..

its rampant in the South Bronx, sickening
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That looks like 90% of the girls up here.

I prefer that look to the Kingman Wal-Mart look any day.
Any day.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]
So...no daisy dukes with bikinis on top.

Bummer dude,like, gag me with a spoon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#7]
If she doesn't look like this then GD isn't interested...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Who gives a shit how they dress? Do they look cute, yeah. And maybe guys from the midwest need to step up their game. I've lived up and down the east coast all my life and never had a problem meeting women.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen a few like that, but I don't give a rip about them so I don't really notice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
no one cares about flyover states

Pretty much. Besides, the term "coastie" makes no distinction between "Long Island girls" who are the stuck up ones, and more normal women from outside the metro NYC/ tristate  area.
Quoted:

If I remember correctly, this picture was taken when it was 45 degrees out.  No mittens or boots needed.

45 is plenty cold enough to need cold weather clothing if you are going to be out in it for any length of time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#11]
So now we add "snotty college girls from the east coast" to the list of other completely excellent things that you guys hate for no apparent reason.

I went to a college full of snotty, spoiled, scholastically underacheiving east coast girls with giant 80's hairdos.  It was far beyond awesome, I'd go back in a heatbeat.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
no one cares about flyover states

Pretty much. Besides, the term "coastie" makes no distinction between "Long Island girls" who are the stuck up ones, and more normal women from outside the metro NYC/ tristate  area.
Quoted:

If I remember correctly, this picture was taken when it was 45 degrees out.  No mittens or boots needed.

45 is plenty cold enough to need cold weather clothing if you are going to be out in it for any length of time.

Women dress in lightweight clothes even in winter, they freeze their ass off in 45 degree weather.  Especially if the wind is blowing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane

Oh, goodness, no need to apologize.  I was just looking to brag about getting my braineds banged loose the night before.

Jane

ETA: He must have done a good job; I can't even spell "brains".

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys would go berserk if you had to live in my area of Brooklyn. Especially my building.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#15]
stuck up east coast girls

as if there were other kinds of east coast girls?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

So now we add "snotty college girls from the east coast" to the list of other completely excellent things that you guys hate for no apparent reason.

Yes. No apparent reason.

Other than seeing those god damned boots and gloves in 90 degree swimming weather out at Virginia Beach, these assholes are dumber than a sack of shit. Absolutely fucking brain dead.

There are a gaggle of coasties in my Creative Writing class. We're doing poetry currently. Here's a poem that one of them wrote that about why water haunts them:

I hate water

My cousin drowned in a pond

Now I stay away from it

I hate water
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The term coastie or coasty (more often heard and seen as the plural coasties) is a term used in Midwestern U.S. universities (Especially the University of Wisconsin-Madison) to denote students who come from outside of the region, mainly from the East or West coast. The term is also used to describe students from the north shore suburbs of Chicago.[1]  The term is thought to have been coined in the early to mid 90s.[2]  Although the most general use of the term denotes only the origin of these students, there are often implicit or explicit associations that use of the term can evoke. One is that coasties do not pay their own tuition because they come from socioeconomically privileged families. Other associations include living in private residence halls and membership in a fraternity or a sorority. Additional associations are fashion-related and are therefore more ephemeral. The most recent coastie fashion consists of Ugg boots, The North Face jackets, plain black leggings, American Apparel v-neck t-shirts, Longchamp  Bags, and over-sized sunglasses. Coasties were also early adapters of the "Gacchos" wear in 2005. [3][4]

The bolded describes about 75% of all female college students.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did she dress like that on purpose?

We had Korean international students wearing Uggs when it was 90 degrees out.   Some of the Coasties also wore their Uggs when it was hot out.  Think about the stinky feet

This is funny, because they (Uggs) were developed in Australia by surfers.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Wouldn't it be fantastic if Obama would strip their parents of all wealth so they wouldn't walk around "'all cocky n'stuff".

Are you actually surprised that there are spoiled brats in our schools?  The US academic system is a business similar to the Cruising business.  Ergo, revenue fee/tuition maximization is essential and filling slots with paying customers is key.  Public institutions don't want to lose money any more than private.  Is academic excellence possible?  Of course!  And motivated students will get it done.  The credentials to get accepted may not mean that the individual is the type of student that the academic side of the institution desires.  Some students feel entitled to slack once accepted and can't be booted without good reason.  Most big schools understand this and are mills that make sure this type of student will find something to occupy their time for 4+ years.  The evidence is in the easy and silly electives and pass/fail options.

I went to VA Tech 20 years ago.  You could select difficult coursework and come out with a great education, or you could select a cakewalk and skate for the duration.  There were also a lot of wealthy, spoiled and entitled people drawn from the DC suburbs.   IMO, the mill aspect of it will only get worse as our culture makes a 'degree' the new 'diploma'.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. No apparent reason.

Other than seeing those god damned boots and gloves in 90 degree swimming weather out at Virginia Beach, these assholes are dumber than a sack of shit. Absolutely fucking brain dead.

There are a gaggle of coasties in my Creative Writing class. We're doing poetry currently. Here's a poem that one of them wrote that about why water haunts them:

I hate water
Now I stay away from it
I hate water

What a bunch of total, complete crap.  

You just made a fool out of yourself.

You actually expect anyone to believe that any american woman wears boots and gloves in 90 degree weather?

NJ is only a couple hours north of you, it gets hot and humid as fuck there.

Trust me, the women know all about bikinis and flip flops.

The instant the snow melts they start wearing summer dresses.

I've been going to the jersey shore since maybe 1968 or so, never seen a single girl in anything other than skimpy beach attire.

Nor have you.

Regarding the girl in your poetry class: you sound real bitter.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did she dress like that homeless people on purpose?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If she doesn't look like this then GD isn't interested...

http://weird-websites.info/Ugly-People/images/fatman-and-robin-ugly-woman-leotard-pictures.jpg

GROSS
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be fantastic if Obama would strip their parents of all wealth so they wouldn't walk around "'all cocky n'stuff".

Are you actually surprised that there are spoiled brats in our schools?  The US academic system is a business similar to the Cruising business.  Ergo, revenue fee/tuition maximization is essential and filling slots with paying customers is key.  Public institutions don't want to lose money any more than private.  Is academic excellence possible?  Of course!  And motivated students will get it done.  The credentials to get accepted may not mean that the individual is the type of student that the academic side of the institution desires.  Some students feel entitled to slack once accepted and can't be booted without good reason.  Most big schools understand this and are mills that make sure this type of student will find something to occupy their time for 4+ years.  The evidence is in the easy and silly electives and pass/fail options.

I went to VA Tech 20 years ago.  You could select difficult coursework and come out with a great education, or you could select a cakewalk and skate for the duration.  There were also a lot of wealthy, spoiled and entitled people drawn from the DC suburbs.   IMO, the mill aspect of it will only get worse as our culture makes a 'degree' the new 'diploma'.

About 50% of arfcom consists of very young guys with very little life experience and who are sort of antisocial in temperment.

That's why they trade so much silly bullshit back and forth and hate everything.

Look how riled up they get because a girl is wearing weather gear, like that has some sort of importance.

A young guy should not be a bitter hardass who hates college girls for being dumb and wearing Ug booties.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#24]
DIE COASTIE SCUM!! Obviously all girls from the shore out here aren't whores but I was once at a bar in a dock where a navy crew came in and holy shit- those guys acted like a man that just got out of prison- I might as well have been standing there NEKKID.  I thought I had heard it all until that night- anyway since I am not a whore the coastie local girls took up the slack for me and all the Navy boys got laid
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane

Oh, goodness, no need to apologize.  I was just looking to brag about getting my brained banged loose the night before.

Jane

Dammit. Now i wanna get laid. I gotta call my wife.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i noticed the east coast girls, well kids in general tend to coast off of their parent's achievements and riches..

that's not so common over here..

That's primarily because many families on the East Coast have been there for many generations, allowing for the residual accumulation of wealth.
After generations of hard work and saving money, the inheritances begin to get larger and larger, allowing successive generations to live more and more comfortable lifestyles.
The challange is to find a balance between providing a comfortable lifestyle for your children, and ensuring that they obtain a good financial education, i.e. that you can't expect to live the exact same comfortable lifestyle once you are on your own.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I think Ugg boots don't look bad. It's the attitude and those GODDAMN SUNGLASSES that ruins it lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One is that coasties do not pay their own tuition because they come from socioeconomically privileged families.

I love the smell of class warfare in the morning.

There is no shortage of it on this site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#30]
ARFCOM has officially run out of things to complain about.  Never thought I'd see the day.

Now, the next time you get the urge to complain about women's fashion, do us a favor, turn on NPR, and complain about something that's worth a damn.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeeeaaahhh......

I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I hate those giant god damn sunglasses. They're fucking hideous.

Helps prevent a load of semen in the eye.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I know 5 openly gay dudes.

4 of them went to UW-M.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That looks like 90% of the girls up here.

I prefer that look to the Kingman Wal-Mart look any day.

Any day.

Bullhead is even nastier.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jane

Oh, goodness, no need to apologize.  I was just looking to brag about getting my braineds banged loose the night before.

Jane

ETA: He must have done a good job; I can't even spell "brains".

A zombie will be along for them shortly.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh the east coast girls are hip
I really love those close they wear.......
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh the east coast girls are hip
I really love those close they wear.......

yes, I love my 'close'  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm not particularly fond of the new vernacular.  "Stuck up cunt" always sufficed in my day, "coastie" seems confusing and like it may end up being a term of flattery.  It's also somewhat inaccurate, given that most people I encountered that play this angle are not from the coasts, and only a handful from legitimately blueblood suburbs of midwest cities.

The whole greek-identical-style cult always confused me, because they can't even properly fake affluence.  Yay, you're middle class with a $100 softshell and a phone that basically funds the DNC.  Get back to me when you've got the entire Arcteryx LEAF line, civvie price.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Arc clothing is ridiculously priced. Unless you have to deal with serious inclement conditions every single day for seasons on end, I just can't see spending that kind of cash on it. Then again I also won't pay the insane prices for TAD hoodies. I like their shirts, but the hoodie prices are insane.

I'll stick to Walmart Wranglers, my TNF Soft shell, and the only expensive clothes I own, Mountain Hardwear Button Up Short Sleeve shirts.  

I look the same a lot of the time, but I'm comfortable, and don't mind working in my clothes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. No apparent reason.

I hate water

Now I stay away from it

I hate water

What a bunch of total, complete crap.

You just made a fool out of yourself.

You actually expect anyone to believe that any american woman wears boots and gloves in 90 degree weather?

NJ is only a couple hours north of you, it gets hot and humid as fuck there.

Trust me, the women know all about bikinis and flip flops.

The instant the snow melts they start wearing summer dresses.

I've been going to the jersey shore since maybe 1968 or so, never seen a single girl in anything other than skimpy beach attire.

Nor have you.

Regarding the girl in your poetry class: you sound real bitter. LOL

It's apparent you don't know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Two photos from Langdon Street and one from State Street.  That's definitely where you will find them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Coastie video

http://ijc.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/coastie2111405_2.jpg

Coal Region girls would wear this at a bush party.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. No apparent reason.

I hate water
Now I stay away from it
I hate water

I'm guessing you're between 19-23, right?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What in the blue fucking fuck have you fucks done to my fucking beloved moniker?!?!?!?!?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Looks like a frickin' uniform.  They're (almost) all the same.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes. No apparent reason.

I hate water
Now I stay away from it
I hate water

That's odd.  I walked about twenty blocks of the Boardwalk Art Show back in June.  Didn't see any Uggs.  Saw a bunch of half nekkid young women.  Saw a bunch of half nekkid old women that should have known better.  Some Ugglies might have scampered past me while I was trying to help the SO get his head out of gimbal lock, but if I'd seen anyone wearing those ugly fucking things in Virginia in June, I'd have remembered.

Jane

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. No apparent reason.

I hate water

Now I stay away from it

I hate water

That's odd.  I walked about twenty blocks of the Boardwalk Art Show back in June.  Didn't see any Uggs.  Saw a bunch of half nekkid young women.  Saw a bunch of half nekkid old women that should have known better.  Some Ugglies might have scampered past me while I was trying to help the SO get his head out of gimbal lock, but if I'd seen anyone wearing those ugly fucking things in Virginia in June, I'd have remembered.

Jane

Even with wonders of magnet-based communication technologies, Wisconsin typically lags behind other less cheese-constipated locations.   What the girls were wearing in Paris last winter season should reach them by the middle of next summer.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. No apparent reason.

I hate water
Now I stay away from it
I hate water

Jane

Even with wonders of magnet-based communication technologies, Wisconsin typically lags behind other less cheese-constipated locations.   What the girls were wearing in Paris last winter season should reach them by the middle of next summer.

Possibly, but what does that have to do with the Virginia Beach Boardwalk Art Show?

Jane

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Coastie video

http://ijc.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/coastie2111405_2.jpg

From wikipedia:

The term coastie or coasty (more often heard and seen as the plural coasties) is a term used in Midwestern U.S. universities (Especially the University of Wisconsin-Madison) to denote students who come from outside of the region, mainly from the East or West coast. The term is also used to describe students from the north shore suburbs of Chicago.[1]  The term is thought to have been coined in the early to mid 90s.[2]  Although the most general use of the term denotes only the origin of these students, there are often implicit or explicit associations that use of the term can evoke. One is that coasties do not pay their own tuition because they come from socioeconomically privileged families. Other associations include living in private residence halls and membership in a fraternity or a sorority. Additional associations are fashion-related and are therefore more ephemeral. The most recent coastie fashion consists of Ugg boots, The North Face jackets, plain black leggings, American Apparel v-neck t-shirts, Longchamp  Bags, and over-sized sunglasses. Coasties were also early adapters of the "Gacchos" wear in 2005. [3][4]

It is not just what they wear, but their stuck up attitude.

We send all our rejects to the  badger state.  What could be worse?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they are in a cult.  No individuality to say the least.

Of course, this is what my Alma Mater looks like during the changing of classes, so I really cannot say anything about uniformity, can I?
http://www.stateuniversity.com/assets/logo/image/11334/large/bancroft.jpg
http://www.dcpages.com/gallery/d/77842-2/DSC09075.jpg

or hot chicks.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top