User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the violent Islamic groups paint all Islamic people with the same brush, then the violent Christian groups paint all Christian people with the same brush.

Jim

You kind of lost me here.

Violent Islamic groups portray other Islamics the same way? Violent Christians portray other Christians in the same way?

No.  If someone believes that violent Islamics represents all Muslims, then violent Christians represent all Christians.

It is reprehensible that people maintain this bigotry toward all Muslims based on the actions of some Muslims.  I sure wouldn't want Christianity to be judged entirely on the acts of Timothy McVeigh and the Klan.

Jim

\

I heard an Egyptian talking about the percentage of Muslims who were extremist and wanted the destruction of the US.  He estimated that the percentage was around 20 percent - thats 200 million.  Now, since YOU ARE comparing Christians and Muslims, I'd say that the percentage of Christians "God hates America" represents is probably less than 1 percent.  You are comparing apples and oranges.  You have put forward a straw man argument, which is a logical fallacy in the extreme.  One day, when you wake up to how some city has been nuked by the peaceful Muslims you defend, perhaps you will see the light.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I heard an Egyptian talking about the percentage of Muslims who were extremist and wanted the destruction of the US.  He estimated that the percentage was around 20 percent - thats 200 million.  Now, since YOU ARE comparing Christians and Muslims, I'd say that the percentage of Christians "God hates America" represents is probably less than 1 percent.  You are comparing apples and oranges.  You have put forward a straw man argument, which is a logical fallacy in the extreme.  One day, when you wake up to how some city has been nuked by the peaceful Muslims you defend, perhaps you will see the light.

Another Savage Nation Listener
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now that I've put some thought into it, a neutron bomb over New York City isn't a completely bad idea. It's the anchor that drags down an otherwise wonderful state. While we're at it, Michigan would be better off without Detroit, too.

Just looking for terrorism's silver lining.

If you are serious you Sir are an Asshole.

Edit: and a
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The man who gave the statistics had no agenda that I could tell, and I see no reason to disbelieve him.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are not really such a thing as peaceful muslims, they are just lazy muslims.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now that I've put some thought into it, a neutron bomb over New York City isn't a completely bad idea. It's the anchor that drags down an otherwise wonderful state. While we're at it, Michigan would be better off without Detroit, too.

Did I forget the little smiley-face?

You, sir, are a literal-minded humorless moron.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The man who gave the statistics had no agenda that I could tell, and I see no reason to disbelieve him.

I wasn't flaming I was merely pointing out that you heard this Egyptian Man on Savage's Show

I too listen to Michael Savage
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I forget the little smiley-face?

You, sir, are a literal-minded humorless moron.

Sorry I find it hard to find humor in the destruction of American cities. Didnt laugh the last time and wont if it happens again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Even if it's Detroit?!  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry I find it hard to find humor in the destruction of American cities. Didnt laugh the last time and wont if it happens again.

Even if it's Detroit?!  

Yes, even Detriot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
How about East L.A.?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

What part of American city do you not understand? Why dont you just go away.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

[jerry Maguire] You had me at Detroit...[/Jerry Maguire]

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But there is plenty of violance and hatred and calls for death going on by Christian groups...Jim

I would LOVE to see you list a few, with specifics.

We're talking CHRISTian groups, remember.

How about any thread here that starts by saying something nice about California or gays.  That is almost guaranteed to get a very un Christ like reaction by many here that thhink they are Christians.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Somehow after reading that article I thought of the scene on the bus in "Swordfish", the part about surplus Russian nukes being cheaper by the dozen or some such...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

What, you'd rather have them bomb the lovely redwood forests  or the pristine tall-grass prairie or something than East L.A.?  Besides, I was here before you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

What, you'd rather have them bomb the lovely redwood forests  or the pristine tall-grass prairie or something than East L.A.?  Besides, I was here before you.

So leave first. in respect of The_Macallan I will no longer feed the troll.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

So leave first. in respect of The_Macallan I will no longer feed the troll.

And another thing: my dad could beat up your dad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

So were the fucking indians, whats your point?

If a fucking muslim wants to kill an American fag, commie, or whatever else it pisses me off. We are Americans afterall. America is where my loyalty lies, the good the bad and the ugly. It is still America.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

'Detroit' and 'East L.A.' are hardly 'American', though I still don't wish death on innocents.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

If a fucking muslim wants to kill an American fag, commie, or whatever else it pisses me off. We are Americans afterall. America is where my loyalty lies, the good the bad and the ugly. It is still America.

I'm just going to post a whole row of smiley-face-thingies in the hope that even the most dim-witted among us might get a clue:
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Abortion clinic bombings/shootings.  (Christianity)

You're approaching black-hole level of density.

Try answering even ONE of these questions again:

* What Christians have bombed thousands of innocent people - in the name of their RELIGION - and been cheered and condoned by thousands of Christian LEADERS and millions of Christians in the streets over the past 20-30 years?

* Were there hundreds entire Christian churches officially and publically CHEERING hundreds of bombings over decades being done IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST????

* Were there tens or hundreds of thousands of Christians DANCING and CELBRATING in the streets after hijackings and bombings being done in the name of Christianity????

* Were there hundreds of Christian bishops, priests and pastors all around the world publically CONDONING the bombings and openly CALLING FOR MORE!??

* Where there thousands of Christians streaming out of Christian Churches chanting "Death" all over the Christian world!??

Quoted:
Northern Ireland.  (Protestants and Catholics)

Gee, I didn't know Irish Catholics were hell bent on taking over the whole world by force.

Oh forget it. Damn ignorant analogies every last one.

I won't waste any more time talking to thick-as-a-brick folks like you anymore.

You're hopeless. Have fun wallowing in your ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about East L.A.?

I'm just going to post a whole row of smiley-face-thingies in the hope that even the most dim-witted among us might get a clue:

Thats what I thought
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw this picture on the net.  I think it's a cool pic...

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.godhatesamerica.com

People in glass houses...

Let's see, here is the protest of Rev. Fred Phelps and his 'congregation' outside a Roman Catholic Cgurch:

www.godhatesfags.com/images/2005/20050501_hail-mary.jpg

Jim. Get a hold of yourself.

Eric The(Seriously)Hun

Damn five more guys and they will be as big a threat to US security as the KKK.

Better alert the SPLC.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

Yet another rock was turned over and out comes a

This has nothing to do with Christianity, mooslums want to kill your ass too.

I have never been and will never be a troll, yet you find it necessary to play the name blame game.

"You" (meaning the people who generally argue your point) claim to be "AT WAR" and yet you can't even define who your war is against.  Well, you can define it, but the definition is so broad as to include far more innocents than enemies.  You comfort yourselves by claiming that the innocents are really part of the grand conspiracy against yourself--after all, look, some guy on the internet who happens to speak Arabic heard them saying that in a Mosque in Des Moines!  

Over the past fifteen years, how many times have you heard the term "Lake Baghdad" or "Glass Parking Lot"?  Americans talking gleefully about the annihilation of another nation.  Not simply winning a war--annihilation.

Choose your enemies wisely and defeat them soundly.  If you do not know your enemies and yet you wage a war, innocents will suffer the consequences needlessly and you will be evil on a scale much worse than what we have seen.

Genocide (Theocide?) is not the answer.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The 'straw man' argument here is that since some Muslims are evil (even if it is 20 pecent) then all Muslims are evil.

It is no straw man to recognize the hypocrasy of equating all Muslims with the Muslim extremists, while ignoring the black mark on Christianity from the Christian extremists.  The ratios are immaterial.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Cute title
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Wait, I'm confused about your position now--what about the American Muslims?

Jim
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

So I answer the question, then you want to ask the question again--but with ridiculous boundary conditions.

No, thanks.  Villify Islam all you want, and sanctify your brand of Christianity all you want.  With luck, there will be enough of us who believe that fighting our actual enemies is more important than fighting a religious war.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

So I answer the question, then you want to ask the question again--but with ridiculous boundary conditions.

No, thanks.  Villify Islam all you want, and sanctify your brand of Christianity all you want.  With luck, there will be enough of us who believe that fighting our actual enemies is more important than fighting a religious war.

Jim

And...uh...who are our enemies again?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I sure wouldn't want Christianity to be judged entirely on the acts of Timothy McVeigh and the Klan.

Jim

Funny, I get the feeling you do.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The REALLY sad part is - when they finally do sneak a nuke into downtown Dallas or New York or D.C. and kill 100,000+ Americans - we won't do jack SHIT about it.

We'll have a third of our own country cheering right along with these MoslemMaggot radicals saying we deserved  to get nuked and have the whole Democratic party hamstringing and undercutting our efforts to retaliate against Syria, Saudi Arabia and Iran with full nuclear strikes.

I have absolutely NO faith in the ultra-PCfied American people today.

+1mil  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sure wouldn't want Christianity to be judged entirely on the acts of Timothy McVeigh and the Klan.

Jim

Funny, I get the feeling you do.

Nope.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So then, what would you consider 9/11? A good start?

ETA:
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Jim

You wouldnt be a graduate of KU at Lawrence would you???????????
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Those who consider a man approaching with a bible under his arm more of a threat than a man approaching with sword in his hand are either blind, insane, or both.

News flash for those so afflicted: Reality is that which can kill you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
And...uh...who are our enemies again?

Our enemies are 19 lone hijackers who died over three years ago.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#41]

This thread is reminding me to buy some more ammo.

Is it time to play cowboys and muslims yet?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

You wouldnt be a graduate of KU at Lawrence would you???????????

No.

Jim
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, I'm confused about your position now--what about the American Muslims?

Jim

Which side are they on?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Jim

It IS a friggin religious war.  RELIGIOUS LEADERS are the ones issuing FATWAS calling for JIHADISTS to attack AMERICAN SOLDIERS in IRAQ and to attack AMERICANS and JEWS whereever they may be.

Take that Political Correctness corncob out of your rectum and see things for what they are.  Until we realize that this IS a religious war -- a war of not only terrorism but of ideas -- we will never win.  THEY WANT TO TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY AND MAKE IT AN ISLAMIC STATE GOVERNED BY ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW.  If you do not think that this is a religious war, you are stupid.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

You are so pathetic.

You blind fools keep tossing that lameass link up and I'll keep smacking it out of the park:

What Christians have bombed thousands of innocent people - in the name of their RELIGION - and been cheered and condoned by hundreds of Christian LEADERS?

Were there entire Christian churches officially and publically CHEERING hundreds of bombings over decades being done IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST????

Were there tens or hundreds of thousands of Christians DANCING and CELBRATING in the streets after hijackings and bombings being done in the name of Christianity????

Were Christian bishops, priests and pastors publically CONDONING the bombings and openly CALLING FOR MORE!?? (did I hear someone say pedophilia)
Where there thousands of Christians streaming out of Christian Churches chanting "Death" all over the Christian world!??

Today there are literally millions of Muslims who follow the radical teaching of their religious LEADERS who use their religion to justify torture, slavery and genocide.

I don't think you can find even a handful of radical Christians (let alone religious leaders) who use the Bible to openly advocate genocide or slavery or the bombing and killing of innocent people in the name of Christ.

Muslims are only people who use their religion today to advocate such things to any significant degree. A religion is defined not just by its doctrines, scriptures and beliefs, but also the actions of its followers and leaders.

The actions of tens of millions of radical violent, genocidal MoslemMaggots (and the other non-radical moderate Muslims who condone it with their silence) for generation after generation around the world are clearly defining Islam as the religion of hate, death and destruction.

Many mosques right here in America are housing terrorist cells and are used for recruiting terrorists so it's not just a "MidEast" problem. Moderate Muslims can no longer stand silent here and watch such terrorism done in THEIR name by so many of THEIR religious "leaders" continue for so long without rising up and squelching the words and deeds of terrorists and restore the public face of THEIR religion.

Remember the crusades?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Remember the crusades?

No, I don't.

Because that was almost 1,000 FUCKING YEARS AGO!

Remember 9-11?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#47]
www.godhatesfags.com

He listed a site for "violent" Christians. But in all fairness I think they can only be considered a minority and the exception.

Just like many of these Muslim groups are very vocal minorities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#48]

What Christians have bombed thousands of innocent people - in the name of their RELIGION - and been cheered and condoned by hundreds of Christian LEADERS?

Were there entire Christian churches officially and publically CHEERING hundreds of bombings over decades being done IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST????

Hey, you brought it up.  Don't get to upset you're liable to stroke out!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:46:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:11:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I dont see what the big deal is.   The nation is more safe than it's ever been.h.gif

Iraq and Afghanistan are taken care of, and terrorism is almost wiped out.ho

Dude, remember?      Mission Accomplished     Enhance your peace.   There's nothing to worry about.   Except....

*China  + Russia joint military exercises
* North Korea's current nukes
*Iran's future nukes
*Wild West occupation of Iraq
*Wild West occupation of Afghanistan
*The highest level of anti-American sentiment in the history of this nation

There's a reason why isolationism and imperialism swing on a pendulum.   Because they both suck and it's best to live in the middle somewhere.  Maybe the only way for America to survive is for something terrible to happen.

If Pearl Harbor and 9/11 were wake up calls, America sure hasnt woken up.

Things are only getting worse.  They may not ever get better.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top